Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 AFTERMATH 16:09 - Oct 9 with 19721 viewsNotLoyal

THIS FIXTURE HAS NOW SOLD OUT

The Cardiff story started a generation ahead of the swans. However come the late 1990’s the tables turned somewhat and honours got very even. It really doesn’t matter regards your thoughts on this part of the derby rivalry, it happened, and it’s a part of the history of this fixture.

The valleys were predominantly a Cardiff hot bed in the late 70’s, then with the success of the swans in 1980 onwards it became a split between the cultures of the day, skinheads and punks mainly. It made gigs that much more interesting.

Swansea v Cardiff : A history of real hate ! 12th Oct 2021 11:00
It’s fierce, it’s passionate, it’s heated and it comes with a history unrivalled by many other derby games in English football. The South Wales derby is still to see a winning double by either side in any one league season dating back to the first fixture in 1929. The game on Sunday once again see’s an opportunity for at least one of the clubs to give some hope that ‘this season’ will see that change. And the fans are the key to this huge game. 0

Three Swansea City match winners in a race against time 13th Oct 2021 07:58
Olivier Ntcham, Michael Obafemi and Liam Walsh are all involved in a concerted effort to be fit for the South Wales derby against Cardiff City on Sunday. All three are battling to be involved in the biggest home game of the season at the Swansea.Com stadium. 0

Russell Martin gives Swansea City fans a huge boost for the derby game 14th Oct 2021 12:43
Russell Martin faces what will be the biggest game of his short managerial career when the swans face up to Cardiff City at the Swansea.Com stadium on Sunday ( midday KO ) The away side still believe they hold all the aces, and many of their fans are predicting a heavy defeat for Swansea City. As of this morning Cardiff still had just under 200 tickets available for the game. 0

Swansea City go in to the South Wales derby in a wonderful position. ‘Martin by SwansIndependent 15 Oct 2021 11:55
https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/55985/swansea-city-go-in-to-the-south-wales-derby-in-a-wonderful-position.

Russell Martin press conference, click above.
Subscribe to us on Twitter below.
https://twitter.com/swansea_indy/status/1448965881875341335?s=20

Our derby day newspaper FREE !
https://issuu.com/swanseaindependent/docs/swansea_independent_derby_day_issue

Swansea City v Cardiff City : The Big Match Teams for today 17th Oct 2021 11:04
As predicted both sides have gone with their strongest options for today’s south Wales derby. There’s no real surprises with on form strikers Joel Piroe and Kieffer Moore as the main dangermen in either attack. Michael Obafemi failed a fitness test this morning. 0

Official Programme download free.
https://issuu.com/swanseacityafc/docs/swans-cardiff-21-22-programme-v01

Russell Martin reacts to his super Swans thumping Cardiff City 18th Oct 2021 11:57
It was a much anticipated South Wales derby that’s for sure. and Russell Martin, the swans coach with under three months in his role was delighted that his vision for his team came off in such a formidable way. 0

Now that’s the way to shut up an entitled spoilt child.

This post has been edited by an administrator

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 AFTERMATH on 21:04 - Oct 18 with 1121 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 AFTERMATH on 20:57 - Oct 18 by Chief

Seeing as we're apparently 'not their main rivals', it's bizarre that they have to stoop to such depths

It’s hard to judge who’s their main rival really as they can’t sell out their allocation either against us or Brizzle City.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 AFTERMATH on 21:58 - Oct 18 with 1053 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Have to give a shout out to Jake Bidwell - so pleased he scored yesterday. I hope we can play more to his strengths as he’s been so good for a free transfer

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 AFTERMATH on 23:01 - Oct 18 with 997 viewsTreforys_Jack

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 AFTERMATH on 20:51 - Oct 18 by Boundy

I'm sure I heard pre match the scum singing "gas a jack" so nothing surprises me . Never mind Swansea bay, Brownie could drown a few with the amount of spittle emanating from his gob .

They did, was in the ground early and they did it a few times prior to kick off. Not really a credit to their club, but not surprised either.
Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 AFTERMATH on 23:14 - Oct 18 with 990 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 AFTERMATH on 23:01 - Oct 18 by Treforys_Jack

They did, was in the ground early and they did it a few times prior to kick off. Not really a credit to their club, but not surprised either.

Oh I’ve never been surprised just how far the vermin will sink

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 AFTERMATH on 00:53 - Oct 19 with 939 viewsDr_Parnassus

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 AFTERMATH on 13:12 - Oct 18 by Treforys_Jack

Spot on sir, especially your summing up, " a work in progress" yet some refuse to see it.

Nothing to do with “seeing it”, everything is a work in progress.

Saying it’s a work in progress doesn’t excuse mediocrity, otherwise everyone can say it. Bob Bradley I’m sure also thought it was a work in progress… however you have to be getting the results and performances along the way.

We haven’t been, and the vast majority of the criticism is entirely in keeping with that - as is the praise.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 AFTERMATH on 01:02 - Oct 19 with 945 viewsTreforys_Jack

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 AFTERMATH on 00:53 - Oct 19 by Dr_Parnassus

Nothing to do with “seeing it”, everything is a work in progress.

Saying it’s a work in progress doesn’t excuse mediocrity, otherwise everyone can say it. Bob Bradley I’m sure also thought it was a work in progress… however you have to be getting the results and performances along the way.

We haven’t been, and the vast majority of the criticism is entirely in keeping with that - as is the praise.

You were quick to criticise after every game, I preferred to see the mammoth task Martin had changing the entire football philosophy of the side and was looking for chinks of light. I pay my money and I honestly enjoyed the football more and that's not a crime. Some of RM 's sound bytes after games didn't help him as they were clearly rubbish, but in general the progress is looking good for the medium to long term.
If we can keep our current regular 14 or 15 players and add a little bit more quality in January there's no reason why we can't go on a run. My concern is if JP gets injured, banned or loses form, as I don't really see another player in the squad remotely capable of doing what he does.
Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 AFTERMATH on 01:22 - Oct 19 with 925 viewsDr_Parnassus

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 AFTERMATH on 01:02 - Oct 19 by Treforys_Jack

You were quick to criticise after every game, I preferred to see the mammoth task Martin had changing the entire football philosophy of the side and was looking for chinks of light. I pay my money and I honestly enjoyed the football more and that's not a crime. Some of RM 's sound bytes after games didn't help him as they were clearly rubbish, but in general the progress is looking good for the medium to long term.
If we can keep our current regular 14 or 15 players and add a little bit more quality in January there's no reason why we can't go on a run. My concern is if JP gets injured, banned or loses form, as I don't really see another player in the squad remotely capable of doing what he does.

I’m quick to review games, whether that is praise or criticism depends on how the team has performed. As it should be of course.

This season we find ourselves in 17th which suggests there has been far more occasions where criticism is warranted than praise.

Looking for chinks of light is great, but it’s not a critique of what has been - it’s a critique based on hope. That means any comments aren’t based on accuracy but a version of a future you “think”, “may” come.

If we put in a terrible performance against WBA and get absolutely hammered due to pointless short passing again, I will again be first in line to state how awful it was. Likewise if we put in another display like Cardiff I will be doing my best to convey how excellent it was.

As you know, I don’t buy the excuses we have had so far and I don’t buy the “he’s changing the whole football philosophy”. Who is he changing it for? These are new players who were playing a similar way anyway. It may be a big change to you as a fan, but you aren’t part of the playing equation.

Every single manager comes in and put his own stamp on things and many change the way the game is played completely. It’s not a unique task to Russell and can’t stand the continued “time” and “it’ll come” stuff. Ask MK dons, they were waiting 18 months and it never arrived.

Football is a short to medium term game. It’s unlikely Russ will be our manager in 2 years time for whatever reason that will be, also unlikely we will have the same crop of players - so I have no interest in long term goals like that. It’s a fallacy.

Any manager worth his salt can change a style and pick up results along the way as we have shown ever since I have started supporting Swansea, and as Cooper is showing at Forest under harder circumstances (no pre season, side bottom of the league, changing the style mid season, no transfer window and zero of his own players).

This game has been a long time coming, but it’s far too early to be bringing out the party poppers, we need to see how frequent we can get such results and performances together. So far it’s 1 in 13 games, that’s not good enough as a whole.

We need to push on as a club now, that’s the real challenge.

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 AFTERMATH on 02:42 - Oct 19 with 922 viewsTreforys_Jack

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 AFTERMATH on 01:22 - Oct 19 by Dr_Parnassus

I’m quick to review games, whether that is praise or criticism depends on how the team has performed. As it should be of course.

This season we find ourselves in 17th which suggests there has been far more occasions where criticism is warranted than praise.

Looking for chinks of light is great, but it’s not a critique of what has been - it’s a critique based on hope. That means any comments aren’t based on accuracy but a version of a future you “think”, “may” come.

If we put in a terrible performance against WBA and get absolutely hammered due to pointless short passing again, I will again be first in line to state how awful it was. Likewise if we put in another display like Cardiff I will be doing my best to convey how excellent it was.

As you know, I don’t buy the excuses we have had so far and I don’t buy the “he’s changing the whole football philosophy”. Who is he changing it for? These are new players who were playing a similar way anyway. It may be a big change to you as a fan, but you aren’t part of the playing equation.

Every single manager comes in and put his own stamp on things and many change the way the game is played completely. It’s not a unique task to Russell and can’t stand the continued “time” and “it’ll come” stuff. Ask MK dons, they were waiting 18 months and it never arrived.

Football is a short to medium term game. It’s unlikely Russ will be our manager in 2 years time for whatever reason that will be, also unlikely we will have the same crop of players - so I have no interest in long term goals like that. It’s a fallacy.

Any manager worth his salt can change a style and pick up results along the way as we have shown ever since I have started supporting Swansea, and as Cooper is showing at Forest under harder circumstances (no pre season, side bottom of the league, changing the style mid season, no transfer window and zero of his own players).

This game has been a long time coming, but it’s far too early to be bringing out the party poppers, we need to see how frequent we can get such results and performances together. So far it’s 1 in 13 games, that’s not good enough as a whole.

We need to push on as a club now, that’s the real challenge.

No-one is bringing out the party poppers, CF were rubbish, however the long term aim should be a succession of managers with the same footballing philosophy. Martin had no pre season, zero, zilch. The players were not fit enough to play the football he wanted, so it was always going to take time. You didn't cut him any slack and didn't seem to recognise the size of the challenge he faced. RM is very unlikely to be here in 2 years time as you say , but hopefully someone with the same ethos replaces him. Am I enjoying this season, yes I am, because even if we fail, its still trying to do things the right way. As for WBA, I'd bite your hand off for a point right now.
Login to get fewer ads

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 AFTERMATH on 03:31 - Oct 19 with 902 viewsDr_Parnassus

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 AFTERMATH on 02:42 - Oct 19 by Treforys_Jack

No-one is bringing out the party poppers, CF were rubbish, however the long term aim should be a succession of managers with the same footballing philosophy. Martin had no pre season, zero, zilch. The players were not fit enough to play the football he wanted, so it was always going to take time. You didn't cut him any slack and didn't seem to recognise the size of the challenge he faced. RM is very unlikely to be here in 2 years time as you say , but hopefully someone with the same ethos replaces him. Am I enjoying this season, yes I am, because even if we fail, its still trying to do things the right way. As for WBA, I'd bite your hand off for a point right now.

That’s fine too, but those managers along the way need to be getting regular results. If every manager along the way takes 2 years to pick up respectable results before leaving then we won’t get anywhere.

I don’t buy the pre season thing. Managers come in with no pre season often, it’s not unique. I also don’t buy “the size of the challenge” excuse. Where is this difficulty? He’s brought his own players in to a side that has been operating at the top end of the league for the last few seasons as a base.

There is no slack to be had, he is treated by me the same as every other manager we have had. You come in, put your stamp on things and you get results. If you can do that then great, if you can’t then decisions need to be made.

It’s still unclear where we are with that. Results came and went at MK Dons too and they didn’t finish in the top half once under him. So if he is to last then these performances need to happen often as do the results. I won’t be cutting anyone any “give him 4 transfer windows” slack, nobody. I think it’s a nonsensical notion.

The bar has been set extremely low this season, needlessly low - and it’s sad to see how quickly fans accept mediocrity. I have not enjoyed this season at all, in fact I have found it awful, one of the worst for a very long time.

The last game however was extremely enjoyable. But as I have said before that doesn’t change what went before it, if Martin is to be a success here then he needs to build on that and not regress. These performances now we know we are capable of, should be coming more often than not. Not sure how anyone can argue otherwise anymore.

I’d also take a point against WBA.

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 AFTERMATH on 03:46 - Oct 19 with 911 viewsTreforys_Jack

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 AFTERMATH on 03:31 - Oct 19 by Dr_Parnassus

That’s fine too, but those managers along the way need to be getting regular results. If every manager along the way takes 2 years to pick up respectable results before leaving then we won’t get anywhere.

I don’t buy the pre season thing. Managers come in with no pre season often, it’s not unique. I also don’t buy “the size of the challenge” excuse. Where is this difficulty? He’s brought his own players in to a side that has been operating at the top end of the league for the last few seasons as a base.

There is no slack to be had, he is treated by me the same as every other manager we have had. You come in, put your stamp on things and you get results. If you can do that then great, if you can’t then decisions need to be made.

It’s still unclear where we are with that. Results came and went at MK Dons too and they didn’t finish in the top half once under him. So if he is to last then these performances need to happen often as do the results. I won’t be cutting anyone any “give him 4 transfer windows” slack, nobody. I think it’s a nonsensical notion.

The bar has been set extremely low this season, needlessly low - and it’s sad to see how quickly fans accept mediocrity. I have not enjoyed this season at all, in fact I have found it awful, one of the worst for a very long time.

The last game however was extremely enjoyable. But as I have said before that doesn’t change what went before it, if Martin is to be a success here then he needs to build on that and not regress. These performances now we know we are capable of, should be coming more often than not. Not sure how anyone can argue otherwise anymore.

I’d also take a point against WBA.

So there is no allowance for no pre season and adopting a completely new approach? okay no problem, that's your prerogative, however its something I completely disagree with. Anything worth building takes time, I've enjoyed this season so far (and yes I do take on board it maybe because we are back in the stadium). I genuinely couldn't deal with another season of Cooperball even though he was remarkably successful. I don't buy into managers, I buy into their philosophy. We are taking a big step back so far this season (results wise) in order to move forward.
Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 AFTERMATH on 04:34 - Oct 19 with 897 viewsDr_Parnassus

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 AFTERMATH on 03:46 - Oct 19 by Treforys_Jack

So there is no allowance for no pre season and adopting a completely new approach? okay no problem, that's your prerogative, however its something I completely disagree with. Anything worth building takes time, I've enjoyed this season so far (and yes I do take on board it maybe because we are back in the stadium). I genuinely couldn't deal with another season of Cooperball even though he was remarkably successful. I don't buy into managers, I buy into their philosophy. We are taking a big step back so far this season (results wise) in order to move forward.

What kind of allowance are you looking for? We are a quarter of a season in, that’s more than enough time in football. Bob Bradley had less and I’m sure you weren’t asking for more time for him to show his ideas, weren’t saying he didn’t have a pre season, didn’t have a transfer window etc etc were you?

A new approach is what happens when all managers come in. Cooper had a new approach when he came, Potter had a new approach when he came - both managers managed to do that while picking up acceptable results and performances along the way.

I can’t stand the “time” view point. As I said, it’s a fallacy. Tell me one manager we have had that has needed all this time to implement their style (none of them did before you bother to check). Even Martinez who probably had the biggest change to implement considering he had very little money to do so managed it almost immediately.

I buy into success, I want the club to the best it can be. So I criticise when it’s deserved and I praise when it’s deserved, as it should be. I won’t ever be convinced that long periods of mediocrity should be excused in exchange for hope.
[Post edited 19 Oct 2021 5:33]

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 AFTERMATH on 04:55 - Oct 19 with 897 viewsTreforys_Jack

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 AFTERMATH on 04:34 - Oct 19 by Dr_Parnassus

What kind of allowance are you looking for? We are a quarter of a season in, that’s more than enough time in football. Bob Bradley had less and I’m sure you weren’t asking for more time for him to show his ideas, weren’t saying he didn’t have a pre season, didn’t have a transfer window etc etc were you?

A new approach is what happens when all managers come in. Cooper had a new approach when he came, Potter had a new approach when he came - both managers managed to do that while picking up acceptable results and performances along the way.

I can’t stand the “time” view point. As I said, it’s a fallacy. Tell me one manager we have had that has needed all this time to implement their style (none of them did before you bother to check). Even Martinez who probably had the biggest change to implement considering he had very little money to do so managed it almost immediately.

I buy into success, I want the club to the best it can be. So I criticise when it’s deserved and I praise when it’s deserved, as it should be. I won’t ever be convinced that long periods of mediocrity should be excused in exchange for hope.
[Post edited 19 Oct 2021 5:33]

Martinez had a pre-season. Not sure why you keep referencing Bob Bradley. Success is relative, that's why I find it amusing when I see Arsenal or Man U supporters complaining about lack of success.

No worries, we're never going to agree. I enjoy my afternoon out and that's priceless to me.
Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 AFTERMATH on 05:31 - Oct 19 with 879 viewsDr_Parnassus

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 AFTERMATH on 04:55 - Oct 19 by Treforys_Jack

Martinez had a pre-season. Not sure why you keep referencing Bob Bradley. Success is relative, that's why I find it amusing when I see Arsenal or Man U supporters complaining about lack of success.

No worries, we're never going to agree. I enjoy my afternoon out and that's priceless to me.

Far too much importance is put on this “no pre season” stuff. Cooper didn’t have a pre season going to Forest, he’s won 3 of 4 and drawing the other. Completely changed their style without any of his own players.

Bob Bradley didn’t have a pre season either, yet the fans and club correctly critiqued him, he only lasted 11 games. So the comparison is very valid.

Success is relative, but being 19th and winning 2 of our last 12 league games isn’t success in anyone’s book, if it is then some views on football may need some recalibration.

Not sure what we are disagreeing about really.

Cardiff game was excellent, before that it was awful… surely that’s everyone’s view? Some think the awfulness was acceptable because “we didn’t have a pre season”, others think that excuse is silly… especially when Xmas trees and decorations are starting to form in shops, that excuse maybe was valid up to game 3 of the season - not approaching November.

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 AFTERMATH on 07:24 - Oct 19 with 873 viewsTreforys_Jack

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 AFTERMATH on 05:31 - Oct 19 by Dr_Parnassus

Far too much importance is put on this “no pre season” stuff. Cooper didn’t have a pre season going to Forest, he’s won 3 of 4 and drawing the other. Completely changed their style without any of his own players.

Bob Bradley didn’t have a pre season either, yet the fans and club correctly critiqued him, he only lasted 11 games. So the comparison is very valid.

Success is relative, but being 19th and winning 2 of our last 12 league games isn’t success in anyone’s book, if it is then some views on football may need some recalibration.

Not sure what we are disagreeing about really.

Cardiff game was excellent, before that it was awful… surely that’s everyone’s view? Some think the awfulness was acceptable because “we didn’t have a pre season”, others think that excuse is silly… especially when Xmas trees and decorations are starting to form in shops, that excuse maybe was valid up to game 3 of the season - not approaching November.

That's just it, I didnt think it was awful pre Cardiff, some of the performances and especially part performances were far from awful, they just weren't complete. We need to follow it up with a solid performance on Wednesday against decent opposition because Cardiff weren't much of a gauge to be fair.
Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 AFTERMATH on 10:43 - Oct 19 with 795 viewsDr_Parnassus

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 AFTERMATH on 07:24 - Oct 19 by Treforys_Jack

That's just it, I didnt think it was awful pre Cardiff, some of the performances and especially part performances were far from awful, they just weren't complete. We need to follow it up with a solid performance on Wednesday against decent opposition because Cardiff weren't much of a gauge to be fair.

But how were they good?

We barely created anything. Keeping the ball is easy, anyone can do it if they are happy to sacrifice attacking intent. Even Cardiff could keep the ball and had 70% possession if they want to, they may never score again as a result, but they could keep the ball.

To say they weren’t complete suggests they were close to being so. They were miles away from anything resembling anything like acceptable and they were rightly criticised and will be again should we start emulating them in the future.

Praise when we deserve it, criticise when we deserve it - it’s a healthy and natural balance.

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 AFTERMATH on 12:50 - Oct 19 with 768 viewsTreforys_Jack

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 AFTERMATH on 10:43 - Oct 19 by Dr_Parnassus

But how were they good?

We barely created anything. Keeping the ball is easy, anyone can do it if they are happy to sacrifice attacking intent. Even Cardiff could keep the ball and had 70% possession if they want to, they may never score again as a result, but they could keep the ball.

To say they weren’t complete suggests they were close to being so. They were miles away from anything resembling anything like acceptable and they were rightly criticised and will be again should we start emulating them in the future.

Praise when we deserve it, criticise when we deserve it - it’s a healthy and natural balance.

It was good to me as it was my opinion.
Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 AFTERMATH on 21:52 - Oct 19 with 686 viewsAndyCole

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 AFTERMATH on 10:43 - Oct 19 by Dr_Parnassus

But how were they good?

'Praise when we deserve it, criticise when we deserve it - it’s a healthy and natural balance.'

Deserves it's own thread given the level of angst and irrationality amongst the herd right now.

It's a pity a fair few on here are still unable to deal with critique, especially when it's constructive. The herd mentality kicks in and the herd are simply unable to cope with challenge, debate or opposing views. It's not a very clever trait.

Education pushes the boundaries, to challenge, critique and not simply accept stuff. To think wider, deeper and more thorough. Limited education manifests itself on here in irrational shouty behaviour, aggressive lashing out, name calling etc when challenged. The herd swells.

Last year the herd was an irrationally negative flock, aggressively lashing out with bile and vitriol at anyone who had the courage to support our winning ways. This year the herd has turned 180, marching to the same happy clapping tune. Hilarious stuff.

Those in the herd ought to take this opportunity to learn and reassess. Much in the same way they plagiarise proper vocabulary from the more eloquent on here, they should also look to plagiarise the art of constructive criticism. To stop and think for themselves, before they speak/shout in tune with the herd.

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 AFTERMATH on 22:19 - Oct 19 with 645 viewsFireboy2

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 AFTERMATH on 21:52 - Oct 19 by AndyCole

'Praise when we deserve it, criticise when we deserve it - it’s a healthy and natural balance.'

Deserves it's own thread given the level of angst and irrationality amongst the herd right now.

It's a pity a fair few on here are still unable to deal with critique, especially when it's constructive. The herd mentality kicks in and the herd are simply unable to cope with challenge, debate or opposing views. It's not a very clever trait.

Education pushes the boundaries, to challenge, critique and not simply accept stuff. To think wider, deeper and more thorough. Limited education manifests itself on here in irrational shouty behaviour, aggressive lashing out, name calling etc when challenged. The herd swells.

Last year the herd was an irrationally negative flock, aggressively lashing out with bile and vitriol at anyone who had the courage to support our winning ways. This year the herd has turned 180, marching to the same happy clapping tune. Hilarious stuff.

Those in the herd ought to take this opportunity to learn and reassess. Much in the same way they plagiarise proper vocabulary from the more eloquent on here, they should also look to plagiarise the art of constructive criticism. To stop and think for themselves, before they speak/shout in tune with the herd.

Ahh this post about nothing reminded me on where the one of the forums other troll rhys dyss is?
Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 AFTERMATH on 23:56 - Oct 19 with 605 viewsDr_Parnassus

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 AFTERMATH on 12:50 - Oct 19 by Treforys_Jack

It was good to me as it was my opinion.

Yes, but I was trying to get the reason why you found drab 0-0’s and hammerings with limited attacking intent “good”, as opposed to questioning whether you did.

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 AFTERMATH on 22:39 - Oct 20 with 541 viewsAndyCole

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 AFTERMATH on 22:19 - Oct 19 by Fireboy2

Ahh this post about nothing reminded me on where the one of the forums other troll rhys dyss is?

Whoooosh. Bang on cue, from the depths of the herd.

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 AFTERMATH on 06:17 - Oct 21 with 514 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 AFTERMATH on 22:39 - Oct 20 by AndyCole

Whoooosh. Bang on cue, from the depths of the herd.

No comment on tonight’s fantastic performance? We’ve had two in a row now which Cooper could never have provided. The pretender is dead - long live King 👑 Russell

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 AFTERMATH on 07:40 - Oct 21 with 497 viewsTreforys_Jack

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 AFTERMATH on 23:56 - Oct 19 by Dr_Parnassus

Yes, but I was trying to get the reason why you found drab 0-0’s and hammerings with limited attacking intent “good”, as opposed to questioning whether you did.

Being back in the stadium is definitely a factor, however I thought Cooper had reached his peak with us and his football was genuinely boring me to death. I felt I could see something in what RM is trying to do, it feels fresh and yes even exciting, but more than that it was becoming enjoyable. I feel emotionally invested again.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024