Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 AFTERMATH 16:09 - Oct 9 with 19722 viewsNotLoyal

THIS FIXTURE HAS NOW SOLD OUT

The Cardiff story started a generation ahead of the swans. However come the late 1990’s the tables turned somewhat and honours got very even. It really doesn’t matter regards your thoughts on this part of the derby rivalry, it happened, and it’s a part of the history of this fixture.

The valleys were predominantly a Cardiff hot bed in the late 70’s, then with the success of the swans in 1980 onwards it became a split between the cultures of the day, skinheads and punks mainly. It made gigs that much more interesting.

Swansea v Cardiff : A history of real hate ! 12th Oct 2021 11:00
It’s fierce, it’s passionate, it’s heated and it comes with a history unrivalled by many other derby games in English football. The South Wales derby is still to see a winning double by either side in any one league season dating back to the first fixture in 1929. The game on Sunday once again see’s an opportunity for at least one of the clubs to give some hope that ‘this season’ will see that change. And the fans are the key to this huge game. 0

Three Swansea City match winners in a race against time 13th Oct 2021 07:58
Olivier Ntcham, Michael Obafemi and Liam Walsh are all involved in a concerted effort to be fit for the South Wales derby against Cardiff City on Sunday. All three are battling to be involved in the biggest home game of the season at the Swansea.Com stadium. 0

Russell Martin gives Swansea City fans a huge boost for the derby game 14th Oct 2021 12:43
Russell Martin faces what will be the biggest game of his short managerial career when the swans face up to Cardiff City at the Swansea.Com stadium on Sunday ( midday KO ) The away side still believe they hold all the aces, and many of their fans are predicting a heavy defeat for Swansea City. As of this morning Cardiff still had just under 200 tickets available for the game. 0

Swansea City go in to the South Wales derby in a wonderful position. ‘Martin by SwansIndependent 15 Oct 2021 11:55
https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/55985/swansea-city-go-in-to-the-south-wales-derby-in-a-wonderful-position.

Russell Martin press conference, click above.
Subscribe to us on Twitter below.
https://twitter.com/swansea_indy/status/1448965881875341335?s=20

Our derby day newspaper FREE !
https://issuu.com/swanseaindependent/docs/swansea_independent_derby_day_issue

Swansea City v Cardiff City : The Big Match Teams for today 17th Oct 2021 11:04
As predicted both sides have gone with their strongest options for today’s south Wales derby. There’s no real surprises with on form strikers Joel Piroe and Kieffer Moore as the main dangermen in either attack. Michael Obafemi failed a fitness test this morning. 0

Official Programme download free.
https://issuu.com/swanseacityafc/docs/swans-cardiff-21-22-programme-v01

Russell Martin reacts to his super Swans thumping Cardiff City 18th Oct 2021 11:57
It was a much anticipated South Wales derby that’s for sure. and Russell Martin, the swans coach with under three months in his role was delighted that his vision for his team came off in such a formidable way. 0

Now that’s the way to shut up an entitled spoilt child.

This post has been edited by an administrator

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 FRIDAY UPDATE on 14:06 - Oct 17 with 1556 viewsonehunglow

Piroe is tremendous and needs an extended contract offer right now.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 FRIDAY UPDATE on 14:10 - Oct 17 with 1566 viewsjackrabbit

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 FRIDAY UPDATE on 13:38 - Oct 17 by jackrabbit

I posted on here a few weeks ago “are we capable of quick counter-attacking?”.

Yes we are. That 3rd goal is what I’ve waited all season to see - an attack that starts in our penalty box and 2 passes later is in their net! Excellent again by Laird and by Bidwell. And by Downes who started the move with an excellent long ball down the wing.

I am not disappointed! 3-0 but let’s get 4!
[Post edited 17 Oct 2021 13:40]

Amendment: 3 passes later (not 2) I missed Paterson’s lovely dink onto Bidwell s head. How??!! Paterson with a goal and 2 excellent assists - undoubtedly MoM.
Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 FRIDAY UPDATE on 14:12 - Oct 17 with 1556 viewsLittleEnglandJack

Well, that wasn't bad.

Give Paterson the keys to the city now. I'll be disappointed if he ever has to buy a drink in Swansea ever again...
Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 FRIDAY UPDATE on 14:13 - Oct 17 with 1530 viewsAndyCole

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 FRIDAY UPDATE on 19:26 - Oct 16 by AndyCole

I have a very good feeling about this game. We are playing the team with The very worst form over the last 5 matches in this league.

Whereas we are on a relative roll in not losing our last game.

On form alone we are firm favourites. Yet we are also firm favourites to win the possession stats, dominate the game, look pretty and get rave reviews.

This all points to a strong home win, which our proper fans will be more than expecting.

3 - 1. Oba brace, Cabango. Cabango OG.

Interestingly The form table is currently led by Cooper's storming, forming Forest. Exceeding expectations. Oh well, those times are now way behind us, but let's all hope Martin has been watching all of the tapes from the last two seasons and Cooper's remarkable tenure so far at storming in-form Forest.

3-0 surpasses all expectations, fair play.

An excellent performance and result, albeit against the very worst team in this league.

This could be THE turning point if we can maintain the levels of purposeful possession we had today.

Paterson is our Bergkamp.. sublime and inspirational.

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 FRIDAY UPDATE on 14:14 - Oct 17 with 1542 viewsmax936

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 FRIDAY UPDATE on 14:10 - Oct 17 by jackrabbit

Amendment: 3 passes later (not 2) I missed Paterson’s lovely dink onto Bidwell s head. How??!! Paterson with a goal and 2 excellent assists - undoubtedly MoM.

I think there was at least another goal there for us, pity we didn't get it, cause we deserved it, fantastic display in a Derby game, 10/10

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 FRIDAY UPDATE on 14:17 - Oct 17 with 1525 viewsjackrabbit

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 FRIDAY UPDATE on 14:14 - Oct 17 by max936

I think there was at least another goal there for us, pity we didn't get it, cause we deserved it, fantastic display in a Derby game, 10/10

I agree - it’s a luxury to feel mild disappointment because we didn’t score 4 in the South Wales derby!
Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 FRIDAY UPDATE on 14:22 - Oct 17 with 1496 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 FRIDAY UPDATE on 14:13 - Oct 17 by AndyCole

3-0 surpasses all expectations, fair play.

An excellent performance and result, albeit against the very worst team in this league.

This could be THE turning point if we can maintain the levels of purposeful possession we had today.

Paterson is our Bergkamp.. sublime and inspirational.

Bergkamp ?
This is what puts you in the top 10 posters.
Sod it, top five.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 FRIDAY UPDATE on 14:32 - Oct 17 with 1456 viewsCountyJim

Brilliant result well done the Jack's
Login to get fewer ads

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 FRIDAY UPDATE on 14:40 - Oct 17 with 1411 viewsmax936

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 FRIDAY UPDATE on 14:32 - Oct 17 by CountyJim

Brilliant result well done the Jack's

Feels good Jimbo

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 FRIDAY UPDATE on 14:43 - Oct 17 with 1399 viewsKilkennyjack

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 FRIDAY UPDATE on 12:56 - Oct 17 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

That freeze frame they showed just as the pass was made to Kieffer Moore on the halfway line is embarrassing and emphasises how little has changed.

Naughton is our deepest centre back, who himself is 5 yards inside the Cardiff half, another Swansea defender was a further few yards ahead of Naughton and then God knows where the rest were.

It's appalling. We're fortunate it was Moore and not somebody faster. And no, we don't play like that because we know Moore is slow. We leave attackers free like that every match, fast or slow. It's abysmal.

Did you enjoy our great victory today Dwight ?

Hats off to our fans, our manager, and our players …. ❤️🦢
[Post edited 17 Oct 2021 14:43]

Beware of the Risen People

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 FRIDAY UPDATE on 14:47 - Oct 17 with 1372 viewsDr_Winston

Cardiff are genuinely as bad as some of our trolls and special cases seem to think we are. Truly a woeful side that actually made me feel a bit of sympathy for Kieffer Moore. Can't be easy chasing lost causes game in, game out.

As for us, not a great first half in truth. As per usual our glorious Captain seemed to want to slow everything down to walking pace and our movement wasn't quite right. Second half was much better. Paterson was taking the piss by the end.

Three points we deserved and another good performance overall.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 FRIDAY UPDATE on 14:52 - Oct 17 with 1345 viewsA_Fans_Dad

A second half of attacking football, couldn't fault it.
Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 FRIDAY UPDATE on 14:56 - Oct 17 with 1322 viewsCatullus

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 FRIDAY UPDATE on 14:22 - Oct 17 by KeithHaynes

Bergkamp ?
Sod it, top five.

Top 5, come on Keith be fair, nailed on top 3!

He's the Bible for all things SCFC and we know how many contradictions there are in the Bible.

We could, no SHOUD have had 4 at least, there was a lovely little curled pass into the box that was headed wide from bang in the centre of goal.
Never mind eh, it's a derby day trouncing for our friends up the road. Most of us know what that journey home feels like and don't they deserve it, they really aren't very good.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 FRIDAY UPDATE on 15:01 - Oct 17 with 1295 viewsjasper_T

Cardiff are an absolute shambles. We only needed to show any quality because the ref missed the first half pen (all the other shouts he got right tbf).

Can't imagine we'll have an easier game this season.
Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 FRIDAY UPDATE on 15:09 - Oct 17 with 1255 viewsAndyCole

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 FRIDAY UPDATE on 14:22 - Oct 17 by KeithHaynes

Bergkamp ?
Sod it, top five.

You've only gone and done it now mate - the Ignoreists will be turning in their graves.

(btw - this forum would be far more effervescent, enjoyable and most importantly Profitable for your cause should you decide to do away with that Ignore button (the Twp button). It's notable Who chooses to tap the twp 'Ignore' button. It's like saying: 'I'm Twp'.)

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 FRIDAY UPDATE on 15:11 - Oct 17 with 1254 viewsTreforys_Jack

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 FRIDAY UPDATE on 15:09 - Oct 17 by AndyCole

You've only gone and done it now mate - the Ignoreists will be turning in their graves.

(btw - this forum would be far more effervescent, enjoyable and most importantly Profitable for your cause should you decide to do away with that Ignore button (the Twp button). It's notable Who chooses to tap the twp 'Ignore' button. It's like saying: 'I'm Twp'.)

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 FRIDAY UPDATE on 15:12 - Oct 17 with 1220 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 FRIDAY UPDATE on 15:09 - Oct 17 by AndyCole

Disagree as if posters irritate,and they do, it remove the irritation.

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 FRIDAY UPDATE on 15:22 - Oct 17 with 1187 viewsdobjack2

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 FRIDAY UPDATE on 15:01 - Oct 17 by jasper_T

Cardiff are an absolute shambles. We only needed to show any quality because the ref missed the first half pen (all the other shouts he got right tbf).

Can't imagine we'll have an easier game this season.

Indeed - as poor a Cardiff side as I can ever remember coming here
Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 FRIDAY UPDATE on 15:25 - Oct 17 with 1164 viewsAndyCole

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 FRIDAY UPDATE on 15:12 - Oct 17 by onehunglow

Disagree as if posters irritate,and they do, it remove the irritation.

Disagree. If posters play by the ground rules.

If posters behave as they would do down the Club bar and only say what they would say to peoples' faces, the 'Ignore' button wouldn't be needed (by the twp).

I would never resort to ignoring folk, no matter how twp or vile they are - on here or in real life. Everybody deserves their chance, to do better.

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 FRIDAY UPDATE on 15:26 - Oct 17 with 1125 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 FRIDAY UPDATE on 15:25 - Oct 17 by AndyCole

If posters behave as they would do down the Club bar and only say what they would say to peoples' faces, the 'Ignore' button wouldn't be needed (by the twp).

I would never resort to ignoring folk, no matter how twp or vile they are - on here or in real life. Everybody deserves their chance, to do better.

Your last paragraph reminds me of a Moody Blues album

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 FRIDAY UPDATE on 15:57 - Oct 17 with 1058 viewsTreforys_Jack

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 FRIDAY UPDATE on 15:25 - Oct 17 by AndyCole

What was your previous username or are you relatively new here.
Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 FRIDAY UPDATE on 15:58 - Oct 17 with 1050 viewsTreforys_Jack

You wouldn't ignore on here because you are safe behind a keyboard.
Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 FRIDAY UPDATE on 16:01 - Oct 17 with 1044 viewsTreforys_Jack

Thought the days of "gas a jack" had long gone, sorry to say I was very wrong. Didn't agree with our Mick Mcarthy chants either just for balance.
[Post edited 17 Oct 2021 16:04]
Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 FRIDAY UPDATE on 16:27 - Oct 17 with 921 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 FRIDAY UPDATE on 16:01 - Oct 17 by Treforys_Jack

Thought the days of "gas a jack" had long gone, sorry to say I was very wrong. Didn't agree with our Mick Mcarthy chants either just for balance.
[Post edited 17 Oct 2021 16:04]

Celebrating the death Of a swans player surely doesn’t compare to a millionaire getting sacked mate ? Or have I misread it ?

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 FRIDAY UPDATE on 16:33 - Oct 17 with 904 viewsTreforys_Jack

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 FRIDAY UPDATE on 16:27 - Oct 17 by KeithHaynes

Celebrating the death Of a swans player surely doesn’t compare to a millionaire getting sacked mate ? Or have I misread it ?

No, I was referring to the "sex offender" chant, getting sacked in the morning, MM is a jack, and we want you to stay was all about what supporting a team is about, just don't like scraping the barrel, like the unwashed seem to revert to without fail.
[Post edited 17 Oct 2021 16:34]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024