Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 AFTERMATH 16:09 - Oct 9 with 19724 viewsNotLoyal

THIS FIXTURE HAS NOW SOLD OUT

The Cardiff story started a generation ahead of the swans. However come the late 1990’s the tables turned somewhat and honours got very even. It really doesn’t matter regards your thoughts on this part of the derby rivalry, it happened, and it’s a part of the history of this fixture.

The valleys were predominantly a Cardiff hot bed in the late 70’s, then with the success of the swans in 1980 onwards it became a split between the cultures of the day, skinheads and punks mainly. It made gigs that much more interesting.

Swansea v Cardiff : A history of real hate ! 12th Oct 2021 11:00
It’s fierce, it’s passionate, it’s heated and it comes with a history unrivalled by many other derby games in English football. The South Wales derby is still to see a winning double by either side in any one league season dating back to the first fixture in 1929. The game on Sunday once again see’s an opportunity for at least one of the clubs to give some hope that ‘this season’ will see that change. And the fans are the key to this huge game. 0

Three Swansea City match winners in a race against time 13th Oct 2021 07:58
Olivier Ntcham, Michael Obafemi and Liam Walsh are all involved in a concerted effort to be fit for the South Wales derby against Cardiff City on Sunday. All three are battling to be involved in the biggest home game of the season at the Swansea.Com stadium. 0

Russell Martin gives Swansea City fans a huge boost for the derby game 14th Oct 2021 12:43
Russell Martin faces what will be the biggest game of his short managerial career when the swans face up to Cardiff City at the Swansea.Com stadium on Sunday ( midday KO ) The away side still believe they hold all the aces, and many of their fans are predicting a heavy defeat for Swansea City. As of this morning Cardiff still had just under 200 tickets available for the game. 0

Swansea City go in to the South Wales derby in a wonderful position. ‘Martin by SwansIndependent 15 Oct 2021 11:55
https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/55985/swansea-city-go-in-to-the-south-wales-derby-in-a-wonderful-position.

Russell Martin press conference, click above.
Subscribe to us on Twitter below.
https://twitter.com/swansea_indy/status/1448965881875341335?s=20

Our derby day newspaper FREE !
https://issuu.com/swanseaindependent/docs/swansea_independent_derby_day_issue

Swansea City v Cardiff City : The Big Match Teams for today 17th Oct 2021 11:04
As predicted both sides have gone with their strongest options for today’s south Wales derby. There’s no real surprises with on form strikers Joel Piroe and Kieffer Moore as the main dangermen in either attack. Michael Obafemi failed a fitness test this morning. 0

Official Programme download free.
https://issuu.com/swanseacityafc/docs/swans-cardiff-21-22-programme-v01

Russell Martin reacts to his super Swans thumping Cardiff City 18th Oct 2021 11:57
It was a much anticipated South Wales derby that’s for sure. and Russell Martin, the swans coach with under three months in his role was delighted that his vision for his team came off in such a formidable way. 0

Now that’s the way to shut up an entitled spoilt child.

This post has been edited by an administrator

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TUES UPDATE on 19:30 - Oct 14 with 2054 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TUES UPDATE on 19:12 - Oct 14 by sw02sea

This is a bit worrying with our history of shite refs:

James Linington has been appointed the referee for Sunday's derby clash.

The official has never taken charge of a South Wales derby, however he has been the man in the middle for both sides on many occasions.

For Cardiff, their record is outstanding with Linington in charge, winning a staggering 16 of the 19 games in which he has been the whistleman.

The Bluebirds have won each of their last previous seven matches with the official in charge, the latest of which was the 3-1 win over Millwall earlier this season.

In contrast, the Swans have won only four of their last 11 matches with the referee in charge.

The most recent match in which Linington officiated the Swans saw Bournemouth earn all the points in a 3-0 victory on the south coast earlier in the campaign.

Rob Smith and Nigel Lugg will be the assistants for the clash while Darren Drysdale will be the fourth official.

Hopefully Mr Linington will see the game for what it is, and not for what he wants it to be.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TUES UPDATE on 11:16 - Oct 15 with 1789 viewsCatullus

Update from the club,

Vaccination cards will not be accepted, it must be a covid pass.

Lateral flow tests must be done and registered with the NHS within 48 hours of kick off.

No LFT's will be available on match day.

Gates are opening 30 mins earlier than normal (@10am) as they anticipate queues forming.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 FRIDAY UPDATE on 12:22 - Oct 15 with 1754 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TUES UPDATE on 12:47 - Oct 15 with 1724 views73__73

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TUES UPDATE on 11:16 - Oct 15 by Catullus

Update from the club,

Vaccination cards will not be accepted, it must be a covid pass.

Lateral flow tests must be done and registered with the NHS within 48 hours of kick off.

No LFT's will be available on match day.

Gates are opening 30 mins earlier than normal (@10am) as they anticipate queues forming.

Who it their right mind will want to enter the stadium 2 hours before kick off ?
45 minutes before kickoff there’ll be huge queues

Poll: Should Swansea expand its concourses, to accommodate fans of big clubs

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 FRIDAY UPDATE on 12:57 - Oct 15 with 1690 viewsAndyCole

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 FRIDAY UPDATE on 12:22 - Oct 15 by KeithHaynes

Gruff not quite got his ear to the ground, up top.

I reckon Obafemi will start on the bench, massive impact sub when Cardiff's big old thugs are spent.

Bet he's itching to be that cutting edge we've been missing : "So come on Obafemi, score some goals for Swansea.....", and emulate the big man.

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 FRIDAY UPDATE on 12:59 - Oct 15 with 1705 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 FRIDAY UPDATE on 12:57 - Oct 15 by AndyCole

Gruff not quite got his ear to the ground, up top.

I reckon Obafemi will start on the bench, massive impact sub when Cardiff's big old thugs are spent.

Bet he's itching to be that cutting edge we've been missing : "So come on Obafemi, score some goals for Swansea.....", and emulate the big man.

I agree, Ntcham would be a huge risk from the off, I suppose that all depends on his actual fitness levels mate. I would prefer Walsh, he has everything for me. At least if he gets injured, and that’s always likely, we have Ntcham as back up.

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TUES UPDATE on 13:01 - Oct 15 with 1680 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TUES UPDATE on 12:47 - Oct 15 by 73__73

Who it their right mind will want to enter the stadium 2 hours before kick off ?
45 minutes before kickoff there’ll be huge queues

It’s what we did son in days gone by

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TUES UPDATE on 13:09 - Oct 15 with 1684 views73__73

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TUES UPDATE on 13:01 - Oct 15 by onehunglow

It’s what we did son in days gone by

Yes but let’s be honest, back in your day what else was there to do ?

Login to get fewer ads

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TUES UPDATE on 13:22 - Oct 15 with 1656 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TUES UPDATE on 13:09 - Oct 15 by 73__73

Yes but let’s be honest, back in your day what else was there to do ?

You really do not like older people do you?
Howe old are you ?

Be honest now.

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TUES UPDATE on 13:49 - Oct 15 with 1662 views73__73

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TUES UPDATE on 13:22 - Oct 15 by onehunglow

Howe old are you ?

Be honest now.

I love older people.

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TUES UPDATE on 14:13 - Oct 15 with 1652 viewsRonaldStump

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TUES UPDATE on 13:22 - Oct 15 by onehunglow

Howe old are you ?

Be honest now.

Theres old and then there's f@kin ancient
Sis you watch the scum win the FA cup on your telebox or listen on the wireless

(He She Him)

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TUES UPDATE on 14:16 - Oct 15 with 1628 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TUES UPDATE on 14:13 - Oct 15 by RonaldStump

Theres old and then there's f@kin ancient
Sis you watch the scum win the FA cup on your telebox or listen on the wireless

Answer my question?

How old or at least choose a group

15-18
18-30
30-40

50-60

Forget any older as they wont be able to read it

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TUES UPDATE on 18:31 - Oct 15 with 1543 viewsvetchonian

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TUES UPDATE on 10:08 - Oct 14 by Badlands

Setting up a reason to slate Martin and the team ahead of the game?

is our current manager exempt from criticism then.
Sundays game will mark the passing of 25% of the season..to date we have scraped two 1-0 wins, four 0-0 draws and a 3-3 draw.. and a further 5 lossesdespite controlling the majority of possession in all of these games. Our manager comes out with the same old same old after each game and he seemed convinced we went to to toe with Fulham yet when they had the ball they carved through us like a knife through butter yet we hardly troubled them during our spells of 62% possession. People keep saying he needs time yet he has already effected change by increasing our possession stats as we top the table for that .Unfortunately it's not that that counts...Sunday is a must win...failure will not protect the manager....

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TUES UPDATE on 18:52 - Oct 15 with 1530 viewsBadlands

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TUES UPDATE on 18:31 - Oct 15 by vetchonian

is our current manager exempt from criticism then.
Sundays game will mark the passing of 25% of the season..to date we have scraped two 1-0 wins, four 0-0 draws and a 3-3 draw.. and a further 5 lossesdespite controlling the majority of possession in all of these games. Our manager comes out with the same old same old after each game and he seemed convinced we went to to toe with Fulham yet when they had the ball they carved through us like a knife through butter yet we hardly troubled them during our spells of 62% possession. People keep saying he needs time yet he has already effected change by increasing our possession stats as we top the table for that .Unfortunately it's not that that counts...Sunday is a must win...failure will not protect the manager....

Remind me, how did we get on with Cooperball at home to these last March!

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TUES UPDATE on 19:50 - Oct 15 with 1509 viewsvetchonian

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TUES UPDATE on 18:52 - Oct 15 by Badlands

Remind me, how did we get on with Cooperball at home to these last March!

we lost.....but that was then this is now....to date this so called better football has not yielded results.....my post had no reference to our previous manager yet you chose to bring him up.

I am now more concerned about the present and the future..I have concerns and his record seems to point to prove them that Martin is more focused on the style of play rather than results which is the bottom line
[Post edited 15 Oct 2021 20:03]

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 FRIDAY UPDATE on 19:55 - Oct 15 with 1480 viewsonehunglow

Cooper gone ergo current results and lowly position nowt to do with the ugly one.

Martins talks much better.

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 UPDATED on 01:12 - Oct 16 with 1359 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 UPDATED on 21:52 - Oct 11 by AndyCole

This is a huge test for Martin. Most especially right now with so much going on to shine the lights so brightly.

He needs to learn how to think clearly under pressure, to win games, not just control possession to look good.

He can learn from the Wales team and caretake manager Page to play effective, efficient, winning football - when it really matters. The way in which Page emulated Cooper's Controlled Defending model in the 2nd half, after totally commanding the game in the 1st half with 75% purposeful possession has to be an inspiration, surely.

If Martin can find a way to turn ineffective possession into purposeful possession, along with commanding, controlled defending we could yet win this.

Fecking idiot. Go out and find yourself a girlfriend FFS

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TUES UPDATE on 01:17 - Oct 16 with 1354 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TUES UPDATE on 19:50 - Oct 15 by vetchonian

we lost.....but that was then this is now....to date this so called better football has not yielded results.....my post had no reference to our previous manager yet you chose to bring him up.

I am now more concerned about the present and the future..I have concerns and his record seems to point to prove them that Martin is more focused on the style of play rather than results which is the bottom line
[Post edited 15 Oct 2021 20:03]

You alluded to our previous manger when you uttered “is our current manager beyond criticism then” barb. Nutter.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 UPDATED on 10:26 - Oct 16 with 1233 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 UPDATED on 01:12 - Oct 16 by Brynmill_Jack

Fecking idiot. Go out and find yourself a girlfriend FFS

Look in the mirror.
A huge test indeed for the smooth,urbane master of loquacious drivel wallowed whole by adoring clowns looking for a bright tomorrow.

AC has called it fair .Anyone not thinking this game is either typ or simply lying .Hence the Girlfriend dig . Sexist .Totally uncalled for.

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 FRIDAY UPDATE on 13:04 - Oct 16 with 1164 viewsmax936

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 FRIDAY UPDATE on 12:59 - Oct 15 by KeithHaynes

I agree, Ntcham would be a huge risk from the off, I suppose that all depends on his actual fitness levels mate. I would prefer Walsh, he has everything for me. At least if he gets injured, and that’s always likely, we have Ntcham as back up.

Walsh could very well get bullied by this lot, might be a bit to lightweight for this game, then again who knows.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 FRIDAY UPDATE on 13:33 - Oct 16 with 1134 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 FRIDAY UPDATE on 13:04 - Oct 16 by max936

Walsh could very well get bullied by this lot, might be a bit to lightweight for this game, then again who knows.

He'd a paper tiger or I hope can be .

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 FRIDAY UPDATE on 14:16 - Oct 16 with 1129 views34dfgdf54

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 FRIDAY UPDATE on 13:04 - Oct 16 by max936

Not seen anything at all in Walsh personally.

Obafemi for me is the only player who Cardiff will likely be nervous about, that bit of pace in and around box is something their big lumps at back and in midfield won’t be able to deal with. I agree he won’t start though, I don’t think Ncham will be either hence my confidence not being what it should be against these lot.
Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 FRIDAY UPDATE on 18:42 - Oct 16 with 980 viewsmajorraglan

Saw one of my mates earlier today, he’s a long standing Cardiff of many years who happens to work in Swansea. He’s dreading tomorrow and is glad he’s not in work next week.
Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 FRIDAY UPDATE on 18:53 - Oct 16 with 970 viewsshingle

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 FRIDAY UPDATE on 18:42 - Oct 16 by majorraglan

Saw one of my mates earlier today, he’s a long standing Cardiff of many years who happens to work in Swansea. He’s dreading tomorrow and is glad he’s not in work next week.

Well with one win between the two teams in there last 10 matches are you saying a draw is on the cards.
Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 FRIDAY UPDATE on 19:20 - Oct 16 with 932 viewsmajorraglan

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 FRIDAY UPDATE on 18:53 - Oct 16 by shingle

Well with one win between the two teams in there last 10 matches are you saying a draw is on the cards.

He’d be chuffed with a draw and would probably go back to work early
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024