Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 AFTERMATH 16:09 - Oct 9 with 19725 viewsNotLoyal

THIS FIXTURE HAS NOW SOLD OUT

The Cardiff story started a generation ahead of the swans. However come the late 1990’s the tables turned somewhat and honours got very even. It really doesn’t matter regards your thoughts on this part of the derby rivalry, it happened, and it’s a part of the history of this fixture.

The valleys were predominantly a Cardiff hot bed in the late 70’s, then with the success of the swans in 1980 onwards it became a split between the cultures of the day, skinheads and punks mainly. It made gigs that much more interesting.

Swansea v Cardiff : A history of real hate ! 12th Oct 2021 11:00
It’s fierce, it’s passionate, it’s heated and it comes with a history unrivalled by many other derby games in English football. The South Wales derby is still to see a winning double by either side in any one league season dating back to the first fixture in 1929. The game on Sunday once again see’s an opportunity for at least one of the clubs to give some hope that ‘this season’ will see that change. And the fans are the key to this huge game. 0

Three Swansea City match winners in a race against time 13th Oct 2021 07:58
Olivier Ntcham, Michael Obafemi and Liam Walsh are all involved in a concerted effort to be fit for the South Wales derby against Cardiff City on Sunday. All three are battling to be involved in the biggest home game of the season at the Swansea.Com stadium. 0

Russell Martin gives Swansea City fans a huge boost for the derby game 14th Oct 2021 12:43
Russell Martin faces what will be the biggest game of his short managerial career when the swans face up to Cardiff City at the Swansea.Com stadium on Sunday ( midday KO ) The away side still believe they hold all the aces, and many of their fans are predicting a heavy defeat for Swansea City. As of this morning Cardiff still had just under 200 tickets available for the game. 0

Swansea City go in to the South Wales derby in a wonderful position. ‘Martin by SwansIndependent 15 Oct 2021 11:55
https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/55985/swansea-city-go-in-to-the-south-wales-derby-in-a-wonderful-position.

Russell Martin press conference, click above.
Subscribe to us on Twitter below.
https://twitter.com/swansea_indy/status/1448965881875341335?s=20

Our derby day newspaper FREE !
https://issuu.com/swanseaindependent/docs/swansea_independent_derby_day_issue

Swansea City v Cardiff City : The Big Match Teams for today 17th Oct 2021 11:04
As predicted both sides have gone with their strongest options for today’s south Wales derby. There’s no real surprises with on form strikers Joel Piroe and Kieffer Moore as the main dangermen in either attack. Michael Obafemi failed a fitness test this morning. 0

Official Programme download free.
https://issuu.com/swanseacityafc/docs/swans-cardiff-21-22-programme-v01

Russell Martin reacts to his super Swans thumping Cardiff City 18th Oct 2021 11:57
It was a much anticipated South Wales derby that’s for sure. and Russell Martin, the swans coach with under three months in his role was delighted that his vision for his team came off in such a formidable way. 0

Now that’s the way to shut up an entitled spoilt child.

This post has been edited by an administrator

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 UPDATED on 19:27 - Oct 11 with 2771 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 UPDATED on 19:09 - Oct 11 by max936

Got my seat anyway, directly in front of the TeleBox,

What will you be wearing Steveo?

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 UPDATED on 20:24 - Oct 11 with 2784 viewsmax936

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 UPDATED on 19:27 - Oct 11 by onehunglow

What will you be wearing Steveo?

My best PJ's Richie and my favorite slippers

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 UPDATED on 21:52 - Oct 11 with 2720 viewsAndyCole

This is a huge test for Martin. Most especially right now with so much going on to shine the lights so brightly.

He needs to learn how to think clearly under pressure, to win games, not just control possession to look good.

He can learn from the Wales team and caretake manager Page to play effective, efficient, winning football - when it really matters. The way in which Page emulated Cooper's Controlled Defending model in the 2nd half, after totally commanding the game in the 1st half with 75% purposeful possession has to be an inspiration, surely.

If Martin can find a way to turn ineffective possession into purposeful possession, along with commanding, controlled defending we could yet win this.

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 UPDATED on 06:36 - Oct 12 with 2652 viewspencoedjack

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 UPDATED on 21:52 - Oct 11 by AndyCole

This is a huge test for Martin. Most especially right now with so much going on to shine the lights so brightly.

He needs to learn how to think clearly under pressure, to win games, not just control possession to look good.

He can learn from the Wales team and caretake manager Page to play effective, efficient, winning football - when it really matters. The way in which Page emulated Cooper's Controlled Defending model in the 2nd half, after totally commanding the game in the 1st half with 75% purposeful possession has to be an inspiration, surely.

If Martin can find a way to turn ineffective possession into purposeful possession, along with commanding, controlled defending we could yet win this.

Learn from Robert Page & play like Wales.

Kin ell.
Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 UPDATED on 09:01 - Oct 12 with 2596 viewsfelixstowe_jack

More had to leave the pitch last night suffering double vision after a clash of heads.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 UPDATED on 10:24 - Oct 12 with 2521 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 UPDATED on 20:24 - Oct 11 by max936

My best PJ's Richie and my favorite slippers

I'll be moist.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 UPDATED on 11:09 - Oct 12 with 2533 viewsKeithHaynes

It’s fierce, it’s passionate, it’s heated and it comes with a history unrivalled by many other derby games in English football. The South Wales derby is still to see a winning double by either side in any one league season dating back to the first fixture in 1929. The game on Sunday once again see’s an opportunity for at least one of the clubs to give some hope that ‘this season’ will see that change. And the fans are the key to this huge game. 0

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 UPDATED on 12:49 - Oct 12 with 2474 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 UPDATED on 11:09 - Oct 12 by KeithHaynes

Login to get fewer ads

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 UPDATED on 14:56 - Oct 12 with 2393 viewsBenJ94

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 UPDATED on 15:02 - Oct 11 by KeithHaynes

I’m still a bit confused mate, the club announce its a sell out as do the media and then there’s tickets available. Sorry for giving you misinformation.

Oh no problem at all mate, There was only 1 row available so it was basically a sell out anyway. But annoyed I wasn’t able to get 2 tickets on general sale though, nowhere was it mentioned that you’d have to link accounts even for general sale purchases. I’ll be keeping an eye out for tickets all week so I’m hoping something pops up by Saturday at least.
Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 UPDATED on 21:04 - Oct 12 with 2225 viewsmax936

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 UPDATED on 10:24 - Oct 12 by onehunglow

I'll be moist.

Getting out of the Bath just before Ko then Rich

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 UPDATED on 06:59 - Oct 13 with 2098 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 UPDATED on 14:56 - Oct 12 by BenJ94

Oh no problem at all mate, There was only 1 row available so it was basically a sell out anyway. But annoyed I wasn’t able to get 2 tickets on general sale though, nowhere was it mentioned that you’d have to link accounts even for general sale purchases. I’ll be keeping an eye out for tickets all week so I’m hoping something pops up by Saturday at least.

There are still tickets available in the Cardiff end. If you can find a coach.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 UPDATED on 08:14 - Oct 13 with 2087 viewspencoedjack

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 UPDATED on 06:59 - Oct 13 by Brynmill_Jack

Indeed the thread should be changed to sold out for Wales number 1 club.

Size of car park prevent away team selling out 👍
Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TUES UPDATE on 08:20 - Oct 13 with 2076 viewsKeithHaynes

Three Swansea City match winners in a race against time 13th Oct 2021 07:58
Olivier Ntcham, Michael Obafemi and Liam Walsh are all involved in a concerted effort to be fit for the South Wales derby against Cardiff City on Sunday. All three are battling to be involved in the biggest home game of the season at the Swansea.Com stadium. 0

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TUES UPDATE on 12:47 - Oct 13 with 1973 viewsBoundy

https://www.swanseacity.com/news/extra-tickets-made-available-south-wales-derby

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TUES UPDATE on 13:12 - Oct 13 with 1948 views73__73

Anything other than a comprehensive win for the Swans, would be disappointing.
Probably the worst Cardiff team for many seasons.

Poll: Should Swansea expand its concourses, to accommodate fans of big clubs

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TUES UPDATE on 13:39 - Oct 13 with 1933 viewsKeithHaynes

Our first digital newspaper 👍

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TUES UPDATE on 15:54 - Oct 13 with 1853 viewsbonymine

https://www.swanseacity.com/news/extra-tickets-made-available-south-wales-derby

Poll: Why is this site so quiet these days ?

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 UPDATED on 17:05 - Oct 13 with 1816 viewsBillyChong

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 UPDATED on 06:59 - Oct 13 by Brynmill_Jack

BuT tHerE iSnT rOOm tO pRk thE BuSes
Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TUES UPDATE on 10:08 - Oct 14 with 1538 viewsBadlands

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TUES UPDATE on 13:12 - Oct 13 by 73__73

Anything other than a comprehensive win for the Swans, would be disappointing.
Probably the worst Cardiff team for many seasons.

Setting up a reason to slate Martin and the team ahead of the game?

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TUES UPDATE on 10:42 - Oct 14 with 1518 viewsCatullus

It seems not a lot is being expected of this years derby,

https://www.cardiffcityforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=224201

They are worried Mac will pick 5 centre backs again, we saw how that ended but we are not WBA by any means.
I hope Oba and Ntcham are fit and we go two up front! We aren't going to score many from set pieces so we need some pace and quick movement and a bit of Piroe magic won't go amiss!

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TUES UPDATE on 13:37 - Oct 14 with 1438 viewsFireboy2

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TUES UPDATE on 10:42 - Oct 14 by Catullus

They are worried Mac will pick 5 centre backs again, we saw how that ended but we are not WBA by any means.
I hope Oba and Ntcham are fit and we go two up front! We aren't going to score many from set pieces so we need some pace and quick movement and a bit of Piroe magic won't go amiss!

I literally p!ssed myself laughing when I read big hill blues post 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Fvcking deluded t!@#$.
Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TUES UPDATE on 13:55 - Oct 14 with 1422 views34dfgdf54

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TUES UPDATE on 10:42 - Oct 14 by Catullus

I don't think he will, I'm sure I read he had a go against Reading and they were the better side by a distance, but ended up on losing side.

He'll go the same I think, which could actually suit us. But we shall see.
Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TUES UPDATE on 15:57 - Oct 14 with 1348 viewsKeithHaynes

Russell Martin gives Swansea City fans a huge boost for the derby game 14th Oct 2021 12:43
Russell Martin faces what will be the biggest game of his short managerial career when the swans face up to Cardiff City at the Swansea.Com stadium on Sunday ( midday KO ) The away side still believe they hold all the aces, and many of their fans are predicting a heavy defeat for Swansea City. As of this morning Cardiff still had just under 200 tickets available for the game. 0

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TUES UPDATE on 18:39 - Oct 14 with 1264 viewsshingle

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TUES UPDATE on 10:08 - Oct 14 by Badlands

Setting up a reason to slate Martin and the team ahead of the game?

Well he has a point but we should be fine because Martin tells us the players are now on the brink of getting really fit, they have now learnt how to play the way he wants them to and have been improving every game, granted he was saying exactly the same stuff a month ago but in Russell we trust
Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TUES UPDATE on 19:12 - Oct 14 with 1239 viewssw02sea

This is a bit worrying with our history of shite refs:

James Linington has been appointed the referee for Sunday's derby clash.

The official has never taken charge of a South Wales derby, however he has been the man in the middle for both sides on many occasions.

For Cardiff, their record is outstanding with Linington in charge, winning a staggering 16 of the 19 games in which he has been the whistleman.

The Bluebirds have won each of their last previous seven matches with the official in charge, the latest of which was the 3-1 win over Millwall earlier this season.

In contrast, the Swans have won only four of their last 11 matches with the referee in charge.

The most recent match in which Linington officiated the Swans saw Bournemouth earn all the points in a 3-0 victory on the south coast earlier in the campaign.

Rob Smith and Nigel Lugg will be the assistants for the clash while Darren Drysdale will be the fourth official.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024