Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 AFTERMATH 16:09 - Oct 9 with 19757 viewsNotLoyal

THIS FIXTURE HAS NOW SOLD OUT

The Cardiff story started a generation ahead of the swans. However come the late 1990’s the tables turned somewhat and honours got very even. It really doesn’t matter regards your thoughts on this part of the derby rivalry, it happened, and it’s a part of the history of this fixture.

The valleys were predominantly a Cardiff hot bed in the late 70’s, then with the success of the swans in 1980 onwards it became a split between the cultures of the day, skinheads and punks mainly. It made gigs that much more interesting.

Swansea v Cardiff : A history of real hate ! 12th Oct 2021 11:00
It’s fierce, it’s passionate, it’s heated and it comes with a history unrivalled by many other derby games in English football. The South Wales derby is still to see a winning double by either side in any one league season dating back to the first fixture in 1929. The game on Sunday once again see’s an opportunity for at least one of the clubs to give some hope that ‘this season’ will see that change. And the fans are the key to this huge game. 0

Three Swansea City match winners in a race against time 13th Oct 2021 07:58
Olivier Ntcham, Michael Obafemi and Liam Walsh are all involved in a concerted effort to be fit for the South Wales derby against Cardiff City on Sunday. All three are battling to be involved in the biggest home game of the season at the Swansea.Com stadium. 0

Russell Martin gives Swansea City fans a huge boost for the derby game 14th Oct 2021 12:43
Russell Martin faces what will be the biggest game of his short managerial career when the swans face up to Cardiff City at the Swansea.Com stadium on Sunday ( midday KO ) The away side still believe they hold all the aces, and many of their fans are predicting a heavy defeat for Swansea City. As of this morning Cardiff still had just under 200 tickets available for the game. 0

Swansea City go in to the South Wales derby in a wonderful position. ‘Martin by SwansIndependent 15 Oct 2021 11:55
https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/55985/swansea-city-go-in-to-the-south-wales-derby-in-a-wonderful-position.

Russell Martin press conference, click above.
Subscribe to us on Twitter below.
https://twitter.com/swansea_indy/status/1448965881875341335?s=20

Our derby day newspaper FREE !
https://issuu.com/swanseaindependent/docs/swansea_independent_derby_day_issue

Swansea City v Cardiff City : The Big Match Teams for today 17th Oct 2021 11:04
As predicted both sides have gone with their strongest options for today’s south Wales derby. There’s no real surprises with on form strikers Joel Piroe and Kieffer Moore as the main dangermen in either attack. Michael Obafemi failed a fitness test this morning. 0

Official Programme download free.
https://issuu.com/swanseacityafc/docs/swans-cardiff-21-22-programme-v01

Russell Martin reacts to his super Swans thumping Cardiff City 18th Oct 2021 11:57
It was a much anticipated South Wales derby that’s for sure. and Russell Martin, the swans coach with under three months in his role was delighted that his vision for his team came off in such a formidable way. 0

Now that’s the way to shut up an entitled spoilt child.

This post has been edited by an administrator

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 FRIDAY UPDATE on 02:04 - Oct 18 with 1338 viewsDr_Parnassus

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 FRIDAY UPDATE on 22:25 - Oct 17 by Treforys_Jack

Good write up, the more knowledgeable posters on here could see the progress we've been making.

Any prior criticism was absolutely justified. Let's not pretend otherwise.

This was a good performance and they have received praise as a result, but todays performance doesn't mean past awful ones are now all of a sudden good. They remain unaffected.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 FRIDAY UPDATE on 03:32 - Oct 18 with 1308 viewsTreforys_Jack

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 FRIDAY UPDATE on 02:04 - Oct 18 by Dr_Parnassus

Any prior criticism was absolutely justified. Let's not pretend otherwise.

This was a good performance and they have received praise as a result, but todays performance doesn't mean past awful ones are now all of a sudden good. They remain unaffected.

As I said the more knowledgeable posters could see what was going on. As you were.
Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 FRIDAY UPDATE on 05:46 - Oct 18 with 1273 viewsDr_Parnassus

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 FRIDAY UPDATE on 03:32 - Oct 18 by Treforys_Jack

As I said the more knowledgeable posters could see what was going on. As you were.

You can make whatever snide remarks you like in order to look for conflict and troll amongst our fanbase, we have plenty of those so you are in good company - it won’t make your comments correct though, sadly.

We have been inexcusably sub par for a quarter of a season. Martins initial approach wasn’t working, it was ineffective and extremely negative, if we ever return to that then it will probably remain that way too.

Some people on here hoped he would change it, others hoped the initial plan would work… nobody “knew” anything regarding what was to come, and nobody still knows anything regarding what will come.

What we can know is what has been seen, and this season it’s largely been very poor. Dress it up how you like, that’s the fact of the matter - which is why we were 19th going into it and are still 17th now.

The more knowledgeable posters will always critique fact and refuse to critique based on hope.

Past criticism was absolutely entirely justified and if our performances dip to how they have been previously, the criticism will be justified once more.

If we lose 5-0 to WBA next week that also won’t mean that the praise was unjustified this week. It works both ways.

The future doesn’t change the past, as convenient as I am sure that would be for you.

Have a day off. As you were.
[Post edited 18 Oct 2021 6:12]

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 AFTERMATH on 08:57 - Oct 18 with 1178 viewssw02sea

Want to relive the crushing of the Scum?
Whole game replayed on SKY football channel at 3 pm today ⚽️⚽️⚽️
Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 AFTERMATH on 10:41 - Oct 18 with 1105 viewskrunchykarrot

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 AFTERMATH on 08:57 - Oct 18 by sw02sea

Want to relive the crushing of the Scum?
Whole game replayed on SKY football channel at 3 pm today ⚽️⚽️⚽️

I would reccomend watching and listening to Wyndham on yhe website, fantastic.
Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 FRIDAY UPDATE on 10:51 - Oct 18 with 1070 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 FRIDAY UPDATE on 05:46 - Oct 18 by Dr_Parnassus

You can make whatever snide remarks you like in order to look for conflict and troll amongst our fanbase, we have plenty of those so you are in good company - it won’t make your comments correct though, sadly.

We have been inexcusably sub par for a quarter of a season. Martins initial approach wasn’t working, it was ineffective and extremely negative, if we ever return to that then it will probably remain that way too.

Some people on here hoped he would change it, others hoped the initial plan would work… nobody “knew” anything regarding what was to come, and nobody still knows anything regarding what will come.

What we can know is what has been seen, and this season it’s largely been very poor. Dress it up how you like, that’s the fact of the matter - which is why we were 19th going into it and are still 17th now.

The more knowledgeable posters will always critique fact and refuse to critique based on hope.

Past criticism was absolutely entirely justified and if our performances dip to how they have been previously, the criticism will be justified once more.

If we lose 5-0 to WBA next week that also won’t mean that the praise was unjustified this week. It works both ways.

The future doesn’t change the past, as convenient as I am sure that would be for you.

Good stuff.
People really can have different views and not get into personal abuse in some form

We seem to do ok and disagree often.

Others need to see how we engage .

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 FRIDAY UPDATE on 11:08 - Oct 18 with 1072 viewsCatullus

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 FRIDAY UPDATE on 10:51 - Oct 18 by onehunglow

Good stuff.
People really can have different views and not get into personal abuse in some form

We seem to do ok and disagree often.

Others need to see how we engage .

Past criticism wasn't entirely justified because too much of it was given before the manager and players had a fair chance.
We knew it was a big transition, we knew Martin had just 5 days with the players before the first match, we had 9 new players, the pre season under Cooper wasn't suitable for Martins plans which didn't help, fitness being a big concern but some people were happy to write of good reasons why and wade into Martin from the beginning.

Common sense also says that beating Cardiff (a very poor team) doesn't suddenly mean we are promo candidates but some people who still find things to moan about should maybe look at the league table and realise we are only 6 points off 6th place so anything is possible.

Predictions of a relegation battle though, they seem a tad premature though that is stil possible too.
Most of us prefer to look on the positives though, specially as long as we continue to improve.
Onwards and upwards now and Wednesdays game will provide a much clearer marker of where we are. WBA are a much different proposition to Cardiff, WBA are a good team who, even when not playing well are still dangerous. Karlan Grant and the West Brom midfield will give us a fair few more problems than Kieffer Moore et al did, in my opinion.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 AFTERMATH on 11:18 - Oct 18 with 1063 viewsBadlands

I haven't seen one game this season when we were less entertaining than we were in 42 of 49 games last season.
Some posters appear to think anyone who doesn't agree with them know less or are less passionate about the Swans than they are.
Sad.
I'll be surprised if we gat anything on Wednesday and fully expect the 'superior' fans to spend late Wednesday evening and Thursday posting about how pi$$ poor we are and demanding the return of the Cooperball approach.
We beat a very poor Cardiff side who let us play out and play the game Martin has been, is and will be aiming for, three very different goals and in Paterson possibly the most complete performance from a Swansea player in a derby.
It's work in progress and I'm loving it.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Login to get fewer ads

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 FRIDAY UPDATE on 11:28 - Oct 18 with 1037 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 FRIDAY UPDATE on 11:08 - Oct 18 by Catullus

Past criticism wasn't entirely justified because too much of it was given before the manager and players had a fair chance.
We knew it was a big transition, we knew Martin had just 5 days with the players before the first match, we had 9 new players, the pre season under Cooper wasn't suitable for Martins plans which didn't help, fitness being a big concern but some people were happy to write of good reasons why and wade into Martin from the beginning.

Common sense also says that beating Cardiff (a very poor team) doesn't suddenly mean we are promo candidates but some people who still find things to moan about should maybe look at the league table and realise we are only 6 points off 6th place so anything is possible.

Predictions of a relegation battle though, they seem a tad premature though that is stil possible too.
Most of us prefer to look on the positives though, specially as long as we continue to improve.
Onwards and upwards now and Wednesdays game will provide a much clearer marker of where we are. WBA are a much different proposition to Cardiff, WBA are a good team who, even when not playing well are still dangerous. Karlan Grant and the West Brom midfield will give us a fair few more problems than Kieffer Moore et al did, in my opinion.

Premature is a fair riposte but we couldn’t go on passing for the sake of it and not getting any points.
At times we have been abject .So slow and ponderous .

Cardiff was a surreal game so bad were they but difference yesterday was we killed them off.
Under cooper we defended a one goal difference .

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 FRIDAY UPDATE on 11:52 - Oct 18 with 1026 viewsDr_Parnassus

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 FRIDAY UPDATE on 11:08 - Oct 18 by Catullus

What do you mean by “fair chance”? They have had a quarter of a season.

You asked me about Cooper and if I would expect him to be getting wins almost immediately with Forest (presumably expecting I’d say no) - I said yes without hesitation.

There is absolutely no reason whatsoever we can’t be getting results and changing a system, it’s nothing unusual.

Yesterday was a fantastic result but it was long overdue, let’s not beat around the bush here and pretend otherwise.

I don’t at all believe in the massive transition, I have explained that before. Most of these players are his own who played a similar way previously. It may be a big change for you; the fan… doesn’t mean it’s a big transition for people not involved with the club last season.

I have absolutely no issue praising every single member of the squad and management team when they do well, but to pretend criticism wasn’t justified previously is just weird. We have been awful at times and I have never and will never buy the excuses that were given.

We need to push on now and not continue with the silly excuses being a barrier for success that we really should be achieving with this set of players. This is a professional football club which is measured on success, it’s not a jaunt and a kick about in the park where just enjoying it counts. Far too much of that attitude recently for my liking.

Let’s hope that’s the end anyway.

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 AFTERMATH on 11:58 - Oct 18 with 1022 viewsDr_Parnassus

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 AFTERMATH on 11:18 - Oct 18 by Badlands

I haven't seen one game this season when we were less entertaining than we were in 42 of 49 games last season.
Some posters appear to think anyone who doesn't agree with them know less or are less passionate about the Swans than they are.
Sad.
I'll be surprised if we gat anything on Wednesday and fully expect the 'superior' fans to spend late Wednesday evening and Thursday posting about how pi$$ poor we are and demanding the return of the Cooperball approach.
We beat a very poor Cardiff side who let us play out and play the game Martin has been, is and will be aiming for, three very different goals and in Paterson possibly the most complete performance from a Swansea player in a derby.

Depends what your measurements of entertainment are.

The Cardiff game was the first game where I enjoyed it under Martin. It’s been incredibly dull for the vast majority of this season creating 26% less chances than last season alone, that’s a huge decrease in attacking intent under Martin.

I honestly don’t know how anyone could enjoy losing and not attacking or drab 0-0 draws with little attacks over winning games consistently last season, but each to their own.

As I said, let’s hope we move forward now. That game has proven we can play like that so there is no excuse not to from here on in, the standards set themselves.

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 FRIDAY UPDATE on 13:10 - Oct 18 with 972 viewsTreforys_Jack

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 FRIDAY UPDATE on 05:46 - Oct 18 by Dr_Parnassus

Wow that's a rather big nibble DrP , surprised at you. My "more knowledgeable posters" was a direct lift from a number of posters on here , you included who have used the term to attempt to lift yourself and your opinions above everyone else. You need to look a lot closer to home if you're throwing accusations of trolling around. Now put your dummy back in.
Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 AFTERMATH on 13:12 - Oct 18 with 971 viewsTreforys_Jack

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 AFTERMATH on 11:18 - Oct 18 by Badlands

Sad.

Spot on sir, especially your summing up, " a work in progress" yet some refuse to see it.
Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 AFTERMATH on 13:34 - Oct 18 with 939 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 AFTERMATH on 13:12 - Oct 18 by Treforys_Jack

Spot on sir, especially your summing up, " a work in progress" yet some refuse to see it.

It’s only spot on as you agree ,Champ.

Work on progress is a handy phrase alright . Utterly meaningless of course but bound to impress the easily pleased like you .

Russy clearly loves himself before anyone else

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 AFTERMATH on 13:41 - Oct 18 with 943 viewsTreforys_Jack

OHL ,I can see you reply to virtually every post I make, even though I've told you many many times , you are on ignore. So carry on knocking yourself out, your wasting your time, I don't like your forum persona and would probably like you even less in reality going by your past history of violence.
I know you've replied even though you're on ignore because it shows your name straight after mine in the thread before you ask. I bet you've used the term 'sonny" or "champ"
[Post edited 18 Oct 2021 13:47]
Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 AFTERMATH on 13:51 - Oct 18 with 933 viewsDr_Winston

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 AFTERMATH on 13:41 - Oct 18 by Treforys_Jack

OHL ,I can see you reply to virtually every post I make, even though I've told you many many times , you are on ignore. So carry on knocking yourself out, your wasting your time, I don't like your forum persona and would probably like you even less in reality going by your past history of violence.
I know you've replied even though you're on ignore because it shows your name straight after mine in the thread before you ask. I bet you've used the term 'sonny" or "champ"

It was Champ.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 AFTERMATH on 13:57 - Oct 18 with 929 viewsTreforys_Jack

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 AFTERMATH on 13:51 - Oct 18 by Dr_Winston

It was Champ.

👍
Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 AFTERMATH on 15:41 - Oct 18 with 859 viewsjackrabbit

Sad.

I agree with your post apart from the first sentence. No game worse than last season?

I have. I’ve seen 3 nil-nils that were dire - like watching paint dry. Last season we’d have a bit of magic from Andre Ayew to brighten up the dreariest game. Yesterday was this season’s magic. It’s what we’ve been waiting for. Let’s hope it’s the springboard to some equally scintillating performances.

Just one little carp from yesterday. We still pass back to the keeper too often for my liking, even from the opponent’s half on one occasion!
Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 AFTERMATH on 16:00 - Oct 18 with 815 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 AFTERMATH on 13:41 - Oct 18 by Treforys_Jack

Hey Tref.
It s a weird world my friend.
On ignore but somegphow you reply.

How does that work.

Are you now more amenable to the opinions of others.

Other personas

Bless you

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 AFTERMATH on 16:03 - Oct 18 with 812 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 AFTERMATH on 15:41 - Oct 18 by jackrabbit

I agree with your post apart from the first sentence. No game worse than last season?

I have. I’ve seen 3 nil-nils that were dire - like watching paint dry. Last season we’d have a bit of magic from Andre Ayew to brighten up the dreariest game. Yesterday was this season’s magic. It’s what we’ve been waiting for. Let’s hope it’s the springboard to some equally scintillating performances.

Just one little carp from yesterday. We still pass back to the keeper too often for my liking, even from the opponent’s half on one occasion!

Well said and in doing so invite pressure.
Moore was too shattered to hunt our defenders down.
Baggies will,make no mistake.

We gotta press on.

Learn and adapt Russ. Play what you have in front of you

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 AFTERMATH on 17:21 - Oct 18 with 771 viewsBoundy

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 AFTERMATH on 13:34 - Oct 18 by onehunglow

It’s only spot on as you agree ,Champ.

Work on progress is a handy phrase alright . Utterly meaningless of course but bound to impress the easily pleased like you .

Russy clearly loves himself before anyone else

Personally I couldn't give a flying fig what he does in front of a mirror , what counts is how his team plays and yesterday they did the business, enjoy the moment.

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 AFTERMATH on 20:44 - Oct 18 with 640 viewsChief

WTF is wrong with them. There's a reason we call them the scum.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 AFTERMATH on 20:51 - Oct 18 with 626 viewsBoundy

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 AFTERMATH on 20:44 - Oct 18 by Chief

I'm sure I heard pre match the scum singing "gas a jack" so nothing surprises me . Never mind Swansea bay, Brownie could drown a few with the amount of spittle emanating from his gob .

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 AFTERMATH on 20:57 - Oct 18 with 613 viewsChief

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 AFTERMATH on 20:51 - Oct 18 by Boundy

I'm sure I heard pre match the scum singing "gas a jack" so nothing surprises me . Never mind Swansea bay, Brownie could drown a few with the amount of spittle emanating from his gob .

Seeing as we're apparently 'not their main rivals', it's bizarre that they have to stoop to such depths

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 AFTERMATH on 21:02 - Oct 18 with 596 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 AFTERMATH on 20:44 - Oct 18 by Chief

They are brainless . Nobody died in the Swansea surf, apart from their reputation as “hard men” .
And the a holes making the gas a Jack sound yesterday. Sub human they are

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024