Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Any swearing will result in a ban? 00:16 - Oct 24 with 3712 viewsWalterBoyd

Just checking.

Would ffs result in a ban ?

Would for christ's sake result in a ban ?

Would , you complete and utter banker result in a ban ?

Would you knob head result in a ban ?

Let me know which ones are ok and I will stick to those.

I recommend drawing up a list . Do's and Dont's , seriously. Everyone will know where they stand. What is swearing and what isn't ?

Could also draw up a list of opinions allowed.

What is acceptable way to dress.

What is an acceptable amount to drink

What is an acceptable amount of calories to consume in a day.

It all makes perfect sense.
FFS
Any swearing will result in a ban? on 12:29 - Oct 24 with 965 viewsAndyCole

A place which encourages constructive critique, challenge and debate is not for everybody.

Some are uncomfortable being challenged, they lash out, get all shouty and sweary and resort to bullying.

It takes them back to the school playground where they were more comfortable bullying, after struggling in the classroom. The younger folk on here will recognise this behaviour at their schools. Unfortunately some grow up being the same bullies.

Well done to the mods for keeping this a place which encourages proper, grown up dialogue and debate.

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

Any swearing will result in a ban? on 13:14 - Oct 24 with 908 viewsonehunglow

Any swearing will result in a ban? on 10:41 - Oct 24 by KeithHaynes

That isn’t the point. I must be wasting my time.

Keith.
You quite rightly pride yourself on allowing opinions ,some of which are controversial (to some). If I post,as I do,without attaching a portion of hate speech ,then I think you are not wasting your time at all.
You are doing a good job and we value it.

Seriously.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Any swearing will result in a ban? on 13:39 - Oct 24 with 903 viewsmagicdaps10

Any swearing will result in a ban? on 12:29 - Oct 24 by AndyCole

A place which encourages constructive critique, challenge and debate is not for everybody.

Some are uncomfortable being challenged, they lash out, get all shouty and sweary and resort to bullying.

It takes them back to the school playground where they were more comfortable bullying, after struggling in the classroom. The younger folk on here will recognise this behaviour at their schools. Unfortunately some grow up being the same bullies.

Well done to the mods for keeping this a place which encourages proper, grown up dialogue and debate.

The bullies tend to blame someone else don't they?

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Any swearing will result in a ban? on 13:48 - Oct 24 with 894 viewsTreforys_Jack

Any swearing will result in a ban? on 13:39 - Oct 24 by magicdaps10

The bullies tend to blame someone else don't they?

Indeed, especially new posters with questionable agendas.
Any swearing will result in a ban? on 13:50 - Oct 24 with 870 viewsonehunglow

Any swearing will result in a ban? on 13:48 - Oct 24 by Treforys_Jack

Indeed, especially new posters with questionable agendas.

Those with agenda are old time posters invariably.

Look at how posts from almost 10 yrs ago are mentioned

Any swearing will result in a ban? on 14:44 - Oct 24 with 835 viewsBadlands

There
We
Are
Then

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Any swearing will result in a ban? on 14:58 - Oct 24 with 830 viewsReslovenSwan1

Any swearing will result in a ban? on 08:18 - Oct 24 by dantheswansman

Doesn’t stop people trying though, I will not be dictated to by anyone, if I want to live under a dictatorship I’ll go to N Korea
Personal insults I can get on board with but “swearing”
Who decides what a swear word is?
If a list cannot be provided then how are users to know they’re breaking the rules?
My opinion on what is a swear word and the language police implementing this might have completely different views
If this is being done then provide a list

I regard myself as being a guest on Keith s site or in his house. He may have family around and children in the house. I do not swear. It just civilised behaviour.

Just behave yourself and do not eff and jeff. This forum is owned by someone else and the rules are clear and listed. You should be old enough to understand what is offensive and what is racist, homophobic, sexist. etc

Wise sage since Toshack era

Any swearing will result in a ban? on 15:01 - Oct 24 with 809 viewsonehunglow

Any swearing will result in a ban? on 14:58 - Oct 24 by ReslovenSwan1

I regard myself as being a guest on Keith s site or in his house. He may have family around and children in the house. I do not swear. It just civilised behaviour.

Just behave yourself and do not eff and jeff. This forum is owned by someone else and the rules are clear and listed. You should be old enough to understand what is offensive and what is racist, homophobic, sexist. etc

As long as it s not seen offensive to post negative content.

People should be able to post whatever opinion they like regarding the Club s progress

Login to get fewer ads

Any swearing will result in a ban? on 21:03 - Oct 24 with 742 viewsKeithHaynes

Any swearing will result in a ban? on 15:01 - Oct 24 by onehunglow

As long as it s not seen offensive to post negative content.

People should be able to post whatever opinion they like regarding the Club s progress

But as has been said, that’s not the issue.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Any swearing will result in a ban? on 21:24 - Oct 24 with 712 viewsonehunglow

Any swearing will result in a ban? on 21:03 - Oct 24 by KeithHaynes

But as has been said, that’s not the issue.

Keith.
The point is this;

People see something THEY see as negative and launch into insults. It underpins most abuse.

People want to see "positive" posts not "negative" ones.

THAT is what posters need to handle

Personally,I d ban the "positive" word

Any swearing will result in a ban? on 21:26 - Oct 24 with 723 viewsSirjohnalot

Not sure what the problem is. We’re jut asked not to swear as kids may be reading it.
Any swearing will result in a ban? on 21:28 - Oct 24 with 715 viewsKeithHaynes

Any swearing will result in a ban? on 21:24 - Oct 24 by onehunglow

Keith.
The point is this;

People see something THEY see as negative and launch into insults. It underpins most abuse.

People want to see "positive" posts not "negative" ones.

THAT is what posters need to handle

Personally,I d ban the "positive" word

Nobody would ever be banned from here for having the ability to put over a different opinion. The context is simple, be civil.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Any swearing will result in a ban? on 21:34 - Oct 24 with 708 viewsmagicdaps10

Any swearing will result in a ban? on 21:28 - Oct 24 by KeithHaynes

Nobody would ever be banned from here for having the ability to put over a different opinion. The context is simple, be civil.

So accept an opinion as an opinion and not try to make it into an argument over who is right or wrong?
👍

Any swearing will result in a ban? on 21:38 - Oct 24 with 686 viewsonehunglow

Any swearing will result in a ban? on 21:28 - Oct 24 by KeithHaynes

Good,and please ensure that ALL do so.

That is all I ask. It's not much.

AC and I disagree as do DR P and I so maybe poster should read how we exchange views. It's not hard really.

Any swearing will result in a ban? on 21:52 - Oct 24 with 681 viewsmagicdaps10

Any swearing will result in a ban? on 21:38 - Oct 24 by onehunglow

AC and I disagree as do DR P and I so maybe poster should read how we exchange views. It's not hard really.

Think you missed the word civil..... You are pointing the finger and in doing so have already set the foundation for disharmony.

"it's not us guvnor, its them...honest"

Any swearing will result in a ban? on 21:53 - Oct 24 with 680 viewsOptimisticJack

Any swearing will result in a ban? on 14:58 - Oct 24 by ReslovenSwan1

Top post.
Very well said.

Optimisticjack

Any swearing will result in a ban? on 21:57 - Oct 24 with 661 viewsraynor94

Yet you called Russell Martin a shytehouse within a month of him arriving

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Any swearing will result in a ban? on 22:26 - Oct 24 with 643 viewsCrossJack

Stop being like a child, I'm one who has questioned some of the posts on this site, but don't anymore and just read from a distance. Keith has a difficult job but I've noticed the place has got better, if anything, over the last few months.

But everyone just needs to act like an adult and it's fairly easy then
Any swearing will result in a ban? on 22:34 - Oct 24 with 636 viewsTreforys_Jack

Any swearing will result in a ban? on 21:34 - Oct 24 by magicdaps10

So accept an opinion as an opinion and not try to make it into an argument over who is right or wrong?
👍

There you go again, spouting all this common sense 👏
Any swearing will result in a ban? on 22:50 - Oct 24 with 620 viewsbuilthjack

Any swearing will result in a ban? on 21:26 - Oct 24 by Sirjohnalot

Not sure what the problem is. We’re jut asked not to swear as kids may be reading it.

As simple as this.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Any swearing will result in a ban? on 22:54 - Oct 24 with 616 viewsTreforys_Jack

Any swearing will result in a ban? on 22:50 - Oct 24 by builthjack

As simple as this.

Yep.
Any swearing will result in a ban? on 07:13 - Oct 25 with 548 viewsDr_Parnassus

Any swearing will result in a ban? on 21:34 - Oct 24 by magicdaps10

👍

Didn’t you create a thread saying people were wrong to criticise RM’s managerial performances?

You only ever seem to post in order to accuse others of being wrong, then get offended when they prove they were correct.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Any swearing will result in a ban? on 08:50 - Oct 25 with 510 viewsmagicdaps10

Any swearing will result in a ban? on 07:13 - Oct 25 by Dr_Parnassus

Didn’t you create a thread saying people were wrong to criticise RM’s managerial performances?

You only ever seem to post in order to accuse others of being wrong, then get offended when they prove they were correct.

I post my opinion but then get told my opinion is wrong... Been trying to get this through to people but it just seems as it's being ignored to suit individuals.

As I said in a post earlier, seems to be a lot of finger pointing going on and blaming other posters.

Last word from me on this matter and I Wil just be civil and walk away from it as I respect what Keith is saying.

Any swearing will result in a ban? on 08:55 - Oct 25 with 505 viewsDr_Parnassus

Any swearing will result in a ban? on 08:50 - Oct 25 by magicdaps10

I post my opinion but then get told my opinion is wrong... Been trying to get this through to people but it just seems as it's being ignored to suit individuals.

As I said in a post earlier, seems to be a lot of finger pointing going on and blaming other posters.

Last word from me on this matter and I Wil just be civil and walk away from it as I respect what Keith is saying.

But you are telling other people they are wrong, especially when they aren’t. That’s the problem.

That is the general theme of your posts when you aren’t making up transfer gossip.

The forum has become a little nasty again and you and the group you align yourself with are a significant reason for that.

I’m sure it is not going unnoticed.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Any swearing will result in a ban? on 08:59 - Oct 25 with 507 viewsTreforys_Jack

Any swearing will result in a ban? on 08:55 - Oct 25 by Dr_Parnassus

But you are telling other people they are wrong, especially when they aren’t. That’s the problem.

That is the general theme of your posts when you aren’t making up transfer gossip.

The forum has become a little nasty again and you and the group you align yourself with are a significant reason for that.

I’m sure it is not going unnoticed.

What little group is that? hope your not referring to anyone who disagrees with you.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024