Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New proposal for Swansea lagoon 10:06 - Oct 25 with 4473 viewsfelixstowe_jack

A new proposal for Swansea tidal lagoon and solar farm on the unused Queen's Dock announced today. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-59010675

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/tidal-lagoon-swansea-battery-house
[Post edited 25 Oct 2021 10:17]

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

New proposal for Swansea lagoon on 16:22 - Oct 25 with 903 viewskrunchykarrot

Waste of time and money and could possibly cause eco damage and for what. A battery factory and some floating homes with nothing going into the grid. And where are the 5000 waterfront houses going to be built?
New proposal for Swansea lagoon on 16:31 - Oct 25 with 895 viewsfelixstowe_jack

New proposal for Swansea lagoon on 13:36 - Oct 25 by A_Fans_Dad

Electricity prices are so high because of subsidies.

Nothing to do with Global shortages of gas and sky high gas prices then. Must be sky high prices in France we are currently exporting 3.5% of todays generation to France over the two interconnects . Cheaper for France to import our power than generate their own from expensive gas.

New proposal for Swansea lagoon on 16:34 - Oct 25 with 889 viewsfelixstowe_jack

New proposal for Swansea lagoon on 15:52 - Oct 25 by max936

I'm all for it as long as it doesn't look like an eyesore.

Like that silly bridge going across the road to the Arena, it looks ridiculous.

They said that about the slip bridge when it was built.

New proposal for Swansea lagoon on 16:39 - Oct 25 with 888 viewsBarrySwan

New proposal for Swansea lagoon on 12:13 - Oct 25 by Catullus

Destroying habitat didn't bother Drakeford when it benefitted Cardiff then. The blokes a hypocrite.
I expect they'll turn down this project because it's not green enough.

The Cardiff Bay Development Corporation was formed in 1987 and construction started in 1994.

The gravy train in the increasingly decrepit and scruffy looking greenhouse down the Bay didn't come into being until 1999.

Even I can't hold Drakeford responsible for this one.

On the other hand this is the sort of situation that 20 odd years of the Labour Party in charge has reduced Wales to.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/ambulance-service-wait-times-cynon
[Post edited 25 Oct 2021 18:02]
New proposal for Swansea lagoon on 16:39 - Oct 25 with 886 viewsA_Fans_Dad

New proposal for Swansea lagoon on 16:31 - Oct 25 by felixstowe_jack

Nothing to do with Global shortages of gas and sky high gas prices then. Must be sky high prices in France we are currently exporting 3.5% of todays generation to France over the two interconnects . Cheaper for France to import our power than generate their own from expensive gas.

You are not aware that France produces most of their electricity from Nuclear then?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electricity_sector_in_France

No it is not to do with sky high prices of gas, because the price of gas has dropped back again, do keep up.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/topics/cxwdwz5d8gxt/natural-gas
[Post edited 25 Oct 2021 16:44]
New proposal for Swansea lagoon on 17:18 - Oct 25 with 854 viewsReslovenSwan1

The developers usually want the Government to guarantee certain electricity prices for a few decades hence. it is the same with nuclear power. The developer of Hinckley C got this guarantee.

Jobs will be created doing construction but this may be jobs for construction workers from outside the region or even UK.

Wise sage since Toshack era

New proposal for Swansea lagoon on 17:27 - Oct 25 with 853 viewsA_Fans_Dad

New proposal for Swansea lagoon on 17:18 - Oct 25 by ReslovenSwan1

The developers usually want the Government to guarantee certain electricity prices for a few decades hence. it is the same with nuclear power. The developer of Hinckley C got this guarantee.

Jobs will be created doing construction but this may be jobs for construction workers from outside the region or even UK.

Yes they want the same or bigger subsidies than Offshore wind were given, they cannot compete in a non level market the way coal & gas can.
New proposal for Swansea lagoon on 17:54 - Oct 25 with 847 viewsmax936

New proposal for Swansea lagoon on 16:34 - Oct 25 by felixstowe_jack

They said that about the slip bridge when it was built.

You can't see it from Felixstowe

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Login to get fewer ads

New proposal for Swansea lagoon on 18:40 - Oct 25 with 818 viewsonehunglow

New proposal for Swansea lagoon on 17:54 - Oct 25 by max936

He sees the sunrise before you and me though,everyone in fact .

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

New proposal for Swansea lagoon on 19:07 - Oct 25 with 808 viewsmax936

New proposal for Swansea lagoon on 18:40 - Oct 25 by onehunglow

He sees the sunrise before you and me though,everyone in fact .

I dunno, never been there, never thought about going there, where is it

Just looked it up, looks like a nice picturesque place, much like a lot of Wales's old harbours/fishing ports. Lad lives near Brighton that's a nice place, I've been to Dover yrs ago, went to Hythe and Dungeness fishing yrs and yrs ago, closest I've been to Felixstowe is Eastbourne on the Coast and Sevenoaks inland, over the last few yrs.
[Post edited 25 Oct 2021 19:19]

New proposal for Swansea lagoon on 19:21 - Oct 25 with 800 viewsonehunglow

New proposal for Swansea lagoon on 19:07 - Oct 25 by max936

Just looked it up, looks like a nice picturesque place, much like a lot of Wales's old harbours/fishing ports. Lad lives near Brighton that's a nice place, I've been to Dover yrs ago, went to Hythe and Dungeness fishing yrs and yrs ago, closest I've been to Felixstowe is Eastbourne on the Coast and Sevenoaks inland, over the last few yrs.

It's almost in Holland ,Ste.
They talk in pigeon English there.

New proposal for Swansea lagoon on 20:05 - Oct 25 with 770 viewsmajorraglan

New proposal for Swansea lagoon on 19:07 - Oct 25 by max936

You mixing up Folkestone and Felixstowe? the former is near Dover and about an hour from Eastbourne. Felixstowe is up near Ipswich.
[Post edited 25 Oct 2021 21:30]
New proposal for Swansea lagoon on 20:27 - Oct 25 with 754 viewsmax936

New proposal for Swansea lagoon on 20:05 - Oct 25 by majorraglan

You mixing up Folkestone and Felixstowe? the former is near Dover and about an hour from Eastbourne. Felixstowe is up near Ipswich.

Bloody hell, I have to

New proposal for Swansea lagoon on 20:30 - Oct 25 with 749 viewsmax936

New proposal for Swansea lagoon on 20:05 - Oct 25 by majorraglan

I've been to the Norfolk Broads a few times mind

New proposal for Swansea lagoon on 20:35 - Oct 25 with 745 viewsonehunglow

New proposal for Swansea lagoon on 20:30 - Oct 25 by max936

I like Norfolk but would not like to live there

New proposal for Swansea lagoon on 20:40 - Oct 25 with 742 viewsbuilthjack

New proposal for Swansea lagoon on 20:30 - Oct 25 by max936

I met a Norfolk broad once.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

New proposal for Swansea lagoon on 21:11 - Oct 25 with 720 viewsBoundy

New proposal for Swansea lagoon on 16:39 - Oct 25 by BarrySwan

The Cardiff Bay Development Corporation was formed in 1987 and construction started in 1994.

The gravy train in the increasingly decrepit and scruffy looking greenhouse down the Bay didn't come into being until 1999.

Even I can't hold Drakeford responsible for this one.

On the other hand this is the sort of situation that 20 odd years of the Labour Party in charge has reduced Wales to.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/ambulance-service-wait-times-cynon
[Post edited 25 Oct 2021 18:02]

Just makes you think , what on earth could be more important than a elderly gentleman lying on the floor for 20 HOURS with a suspected broken hip .Can't blame the crews but I do blame that shower of s in cardiff . Anyone wish to defend that ?

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

New proposal for Swansea lagoon on 21:56 - Oct 25 with 695 viewsmajorraglan

New proposal for Swansea lagoon on 21:11 - Oct 25 by Boundy

Just makes you think , what on earth could be more important than a elderly gentleman lying on the floor for 20 HOURS with a suspected broken hip .Can't blame the crews but I do blame that shower of s in cardiff . Anyone wish to defend that ?

Its a dreadful incident, but it’s not an isolated occurrence and there should have been an ambulance available somewhere. There was a recent report about an ambulance taking 6 hours to get to an injured player who’d fractured his pelvis and was still lying on a pitch, there’s also a report in the Guardian about the situation in the greater UK including a patient dying in the “back of an ambulance” whilst waiting to be transferred to A&E. (That’s not meant as an attempt to divert attention from Wales because people here need to be held to account, it’s to show the extent of the crisis.)

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2021/oct/16/ae-crisis-leaves-patients-waitin

The Health Service has been under the cosh for years, but it’s really under pressure at the moment. Bed blocking is a huge issue. Hospitals can’t transfer patients out as Social Services and care providers can’t arrange care, patients in A&E who require admission to receive continuing treatment are stuck in A&E and can’t be admitted, ambulances cant offload patients as A&E’s are full so the crews are stuck outside the Emergency Depts and then there’s the public outside in the A&E waiting rooms waiting for their turn!! Chuck in Covid, huge levels of staff sickness/absence and it’s a toxic mix and a crisis.

The NHS is in poor shape at the moment and there’s no light at the end of the tunnel.
[Post edited 25 Oct 2021 21:56]
New proposal for Swansea lagoon on 21:56 - Oct 25 with 693 viewsmax936

New proposal for Swansea lagoon on 20:40 - Oct 25 by builthjack

Only the once??

New proposal for Swansea lagoon on 21:59 - Oct 25 with 691 viewsFlashberryjack

New proposal for Swansea lagoon on 20:40 - Oct 25 by builthjack

Hope it was the same one I met....twice.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

New proposal for Swansea lagoon on 22:05 - Oct 25 with 683 viewsmax936

New proposal for Swansea lagoon on 20:35 - Oct 25 by onehunglow

I like Norfolk but would not like to live there

Why, I loved it there, went to the Great John Wilson's [well known angler] shop in Norwich, lovely man, sadly passed now though.

New proposal for Swansea lagoon on 09:00 - Oct 26 with 612 viewsfelixstowe_jack

New proposal for Swansea lagoon on 16:39 - Oct 25 by A_Fans_Dad

You are not aware that France produces most of their electricity from Nuclear then?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electricity_sector_in_France

No it is not to do with sky high prices of gas, because the price of gas has dropped back again, do keep up.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/topics/cxwdwz5d8gxt/natural-gas
[Post edited 25 Oct 2021 16:44]

Correct 70% of France electricity comes from Nuclear but that still does alter the fact the 3% of UK electricity was sent to France via the interconnect yesterday afternoon. The reason must be because our wind power was cheaper than their nuclear.

New proposal for Swansea lagoon on 09:02 - Oct 26 with 611 viewsfelixstowe_jack

New proposal for Swansea lagoon on 17:54 - Oct 25 by max936

No but I can see it everytime I visit to watch the Swans.

New proposal for Swansea lagoon on 09:15 - Oct 26 with 604 viewsbuilthjack

New proposal for Swansea lagoon on 21:59 - Oct 25 by Flashberryjack

Hope it was the same one I met....twice.

I hope not !

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

New proposal for Swansea lagoon on 09:16 - Oct 26 with 603 viewsbuilthjack

New proposal for Swansea lagoon on 21:56 - Oct 25 by max936

Only the once??

I was a good runner in those days

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024