Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread AFTERMATH 08:11 - Oct 31 with 19227 viewsNotLoyal

The new and improved match day thread with less scrolling options is here.
It’s different gravy. It contains no animal fats that we are aware of. Scratch that, it may do. It’s difficult. We need to talk about it. Nothing ‘special’ here.

This game is pay on the day

[Post edited 3 Nov 2021 9:13]

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread AFTERMATH on 09:50 - Nov 4 with 986 viewsmagicdaps10

Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread AFTERMATH on 08:50 - Nov 4 by Dr_Parnassus

Bets tend to be things people disagree on.

We both agree its unlikely Forest get to 76 points so why is the offer there? You are wasting every bodies time.

You have made enough noise about Cooper, you have a chance now to back Martin to beat him.

Failing that, I’ll assume you aren’t confident to even part with a £20 charity bet, which puts a lot of your comments into perspective on how much you actually believe them…

The time has come. Put up or shut up
[Post edited 4 Nov 2021 8:56]

So you won't go for the 2 offers put to you but then expect me to take your offer?

I even dropped the first one to coincide with Houghton 8 games and 5 points, I was being fair.

So you won't put up to those offers?

Come on, it's all for a bit of charity.... That's the offer, you can't say no and then make your own offer and expect someone to take it, that's not good form at all.

Its still on the table, the original offer between us two.... 76points?

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread AFTERMATH on 09:56 - Nov 4 with 971 viewsDr_Parnassus

Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread AFTERMATH on 09:50 - Nov 4 by magicdaps10

So you won't go for the 2 offers put to you but then expect me to take your offer?

I even dropped the first one to coincide with Houghton 8 games and 5 points, I was being fair.

So you won't put up to those offers?

Come on, it's all for a bit of charity.... That's the offer, you can't say no and then make your own offer and expect someone to take it, that's not good form at all.

Its still on the table, the original offer between us two.... 76points?

Why would I bet on something I don’t think will happen and never claimed would?

Your offers are utterly pointless and irrelevant to anything discussed.

The points of these bets are to go head to head with two clashing opinions.

We both agree it’s unlikely Forest will get to 76 or 80 points, so where is the point in that? Unless you are happy to take Forest 76 points and above and I’ll take below? Happy to do that.

You have said a lot about Cooper, you have the chance to back Martin to beat him.

I can only assume failure to take it also means you think my bet will win. Which again puts much of what you said into questionable waters.

Not that it was a shock.

You were the one who burst in on this bet between me and YBJ, if you want in then you are welcome. If not then stop clogging up the thread with your silly nonsense please. Again remember what this forum is set up for.

You behaved for 2 days last time, now you are back trolling again. Behave.
[Post edited 4 Nov 2021 9:59]

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread AFTERMATH on 10:09 - Nov 4 with 959 viewsmagicdaps10

Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread AFTERMATH on 09:56 - Nov 4 by Dr_Parnassus

Why would I bet on something I don’t think will happen and never claimed would?

Your offers are utterly pointless and irrelevant to anything discussed.

The points of these bets are to go head to head with two clashing opinions.

We both agree it’s unlikely Forest will get to 76 or 80 points, so where is the point in that? Unless you are happy to take Forest 76 points and above and I’ll take below? Happy to do that.

You have said a lot about Cooper, you have the chance to back Martin to beat him.

I can only assume failure to take it also means you think my bet will win. Which again puts much of what you said into questionable waters.

Not that it was a shock.

You were the one who burst in on this bet between me and YBJ, if you want in then you are welcome. If not then stop clogging up the thread with your silly nonsense please. Again remember what this forum is set up for.

You behaved for 2 days last time, now you are back trolling again. Behave.
[Post edited 4 Nov 2021 9:59]

OK, you won't take the bet on, fair enough.

I came in on the original bet but you moved the goalposts after not accepting it, I then offered 76 points.

Sorry I have been quiet for 2 days, i was asked not respond to you because it sets you off and then you create... Even when you tried a few posts to get me to bite I remained tight lipped and controlled.

I was just wanting to get on a charity bet, a good natured one but you don't want to go there with it and backed out.

Just wanted to put my side across, I will as asked leave you be and not set you off.

Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread AFTERMATH on 10:27 - Nov 4 with 946 viewsDr_Parnassus

Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread AFTERMATH on 10:09 - Nov 4 by magicdaps10

OK, you won't take the bet on, fair enough.

I came in on the original bet but you moved the goalposts after not accepting it, I then offered 76 points.

Sorry I have been quiet for 2 days, i was asked not respond to you because it sets you off and then you create... Even when you tried a few posts to get me to bite I remained tight lipped and controlled.

I was just wanting to get on a charity bet, a good natured one but you don't want to go there with it and backed out.

Just wanted to put my side across, I will as asked leave you be and not set you off.

There was no original bet. There was no goalposts to move.

The only original bet was Martin vs Cooper PPG.

All good if you don’t think Martin beats Cooper though. I kind of guessed that was your opinion anyway.

Nice you trolling has inadvertently showed that to be the case, you being so eager to get in on a charity bet while declining the opportunity of course.

Sounds like you have had a pretty stern telling off.
[Post edited 4 Nov 2021 10:43]

Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread AFTERMATH on 10:56 - Nov 4 with 928 viewsmagicdaps10

Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread AFTERMATH on 00:49 - Nov 4 by YouBackJastard

Never would deny Forest had a brilliant start, but as I said in the quote, new manager bounce. We had the same form when he came in, he's now two points out of the last three. Iffy.

How often has PPG at this stage of the season been accurate? Couldn't have predicted Barnsley last year, Aston Villa the year they went up, Hull to go down etc. If Forest finish with 80 points or above by the end of the season I will happily donate £20 to a charity of your choice. How about that?

Original bet put on table... Reference all other posters.

Bet not accepted.. Reference all other posters.

All for charity aswell. Didn't put up but didn't shut up 😢
[Post edited 4 Nov 2021 10:56]

Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread AFTERMATH on 10:59 - Nov 4 with 920 viewsDr_Parnassus

Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread AFTERMATH on 10:56 - Nov 4 by magicdaps10

Original bet put on table... Reference all other posters.

Bet not accepted.. Reference all other posters.

All for charity aswell. Didn't put up but didn't shut up 😢
[Post edited 4 Nov 2021 10:56]

It’s not a bet if only one person wants to do it.

I explained in detail why it was a nonsense suggestion, and if we were doing it then I’d like to be on the side he wants to be.

Again, a bet is a clash of two OPPOSING views, not two of the same.

The bet of our opposing views is on the table, or we can do the one you wanted with me on the side of under 76 points.

Either one is fine.

Put up or shut up…. Or be confirmed a troll. What a dilemma.

Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread AFTERMATH on 11:26 - Nov 4 with 908 viewssw02sea

I wasn’t the greatest fan of Cooperball, but admired how he managed to haul us into the playoffs twice, with the squad at his disposal.
But after doing a little research on Russell Martin, and his football ethos, you could sense he could be the next Martinez.
The point being, I was confident enough in Martin’s appointment, to shove a few quid (like I did with Martinez) on us being promoted at 11/1
So here’s hoping hey?
Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread AFTERMATH on 16:38 - Nov 4 with 827 viewsChief

Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread AFTERMATH on 11:26 - Nov 4 by sw02sea

I wasn’t the greatest fan of Cooperball, but admired how he managed to haul us into the playoffs twice, with the squad at his disposal.
But after doing a little research on Russell Martin, and his football ethos, you could sense he could be the next Martinez.
The point being, I was confident enough in Martin’s appointment, to shove a few quid (like I did with Martinez) on us being promoted at 11/1
So here’s hoping hey?

What are the ones odds looking like now?

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Login to get fewer ads

Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread AFTERMATH on 16:43 - Nov 4 with 823 viewsblackpooljack

Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread AFTERMATH on 16:38 - Nov 4 by Chief

What are the ones odds looking like now?

17/1 on oddschecker couldn't be bothered to see who was offering that
Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread AFTERMATH on 17:09 - Nov 4 with 811 viewsYouBackJastard

Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread AFTERMATH on 02:57 - Nov 4 by Dr_Parnassus

I won’t be bragging, just think it will happen. It may not, we are looking excellent at the moment. But for me, Cooper is incredibly results driven and I rate him very highly so has the edge for my money.

Bet on £20, charity of winners choice.

Who gets highest PPG.

YBJ = Martin
Dr P = Coops

Congratulations on being the first brave soul to back your comments (although it’s taken some great form to prompt it no doubt)

I'm in maybe we can finally get something good out of these debates
Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread TUESDAY on 04:59 - Nov 5 with 757 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread TUESDAY on 07:10 - Nov 3 by Dr_Winston

Surely height and type are key factors when it comes to defining a "long" ball?

Piroe's pass to Ntcham for the third goal last Sat couldn't have been far off 25 yards (maybe more once ON actually took a touch) yet nobody with any scrap of sanity or sense would describe it as a long ball.

This is the danger of stats and those who rely on them for their opinions. Without context they're meaningless arse dribble.

In any sane persons mind the term “long ball” evokes a vision of either a goalkeeper or a defender thumping aerial balls to a big centre forward. He controls, holds the ball up and then gives it to a supporting team mate. It’s for teams whose players don’t have the talent to pass from from to back.
What that demented idiot “Stats Parnasus” is talking about I have no idea and no wish to know either. It’s alarming how many he can suck in to a nonsensical argument though, just to please his narcissistic ego.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread TUESDAY on 06:08 - Nov 5 with 736 viewsDr_Parnassus

Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread TUESDAY on 04:59 - Nov 5 by Brynmill_Jack

In any sane persons mind the term “long ball” evokes a vision of either a goalkeeper or a defender thumping aerial balls to a big centre forward. He controls, holds the ball up and then gives it to a supporting team mate. It’s for teams whose players don’t have the talent to pass from from to back.
What that demented idiot “Stats Parnasus” is talking about I have no idea and no wish to know either. It’s alarming how many he can suck in to a nonsensical argument though, just to please his narcissistic ego.

“In any sane persons mind” = in any persons mind that doesn’t understand football, and has attributed a stigma to a long ball that is neither warranted or accurate.

What I am talking about and have for the last 3 months is incredibly simple.

In order for a short passing game to work, especially at this level, you need to add healthy doses of long balls in. And no, that doesn’t necessarily mean your misunderstanding of the term.

It means in order to take advantage of the space created by short passing, you need to be able to then go long. Martinez did it expertly, as did Rodgers. This was the missing ingredient at the start of the season as it was clear our instructions was to never go long, and of course it was one of the simplest changes to make.

We now regularly hit three times more long balls than we did at the start of the season. This is no coincidence and absolutely by design.

Some of it will be clearances where before we wouldn’t entertain it, some of it will be an excellent long passes to feet, others will be pumped up to Piroe to try and trap, some of it will be a shunt down the wing for Laird.

But what is clear is that it’s changed, was needed and is working.

Now whether you want to cry about it because you don’t understand the term “long ball” despite this lesson, then that’s up to you.

Class dismissed.

Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread AFTERMATH on 06:36 - Nov 5 with 727 viewsDr_Parnassus

If you want a visual example of the above, a perfect example is the first goal against Peterborough.

Here we see a flurry of short passes with the aim to draw the press from deep. The circled player is the unfortunate soul that took the bait.

Ntcham sees the deep press develop, knowing there is now space in behind where Laird is moving forward into. Once he feels the press, he knocks it back to Naughton.

Naughton then gives it to Bennet who is about to fill the space left by the retreating “press”, who will then have the perfect angle and the space to release Laird who can attack the vacant space left by the player who broke his position to press.

Bennett pings a 35 yard ball down the line for Laird to run onto. Who makes his way into the box and crossed for Bidwell to knock home.

1-0 in 2 mins. THEN we are able to play shorter if we like as they are forced out of their positions. Without that goal and without those long passes, you simply get another Hull at home game where we simply cannot break them down or attack quick enough.

29 out of 711 passes were long in that game, 4.07%. Just awful tactics against a team with 11 behind the ball.

This is why our play is NOW exciting me…. “Now” being the operative word.
[Post edited 5 Nov 2021 7:43]

Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread AFTERMATH on 09:56 - Nov 5 with 667 viewsonehunglow

Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread AFTERMATH on 06:36 - Nov 5 by Dr_Parnassus

If you want a visual example of the above, a perfect example is the first goal against Peterborough.

Here we see a flurry of short passes with the aim to draw the press from deep. The circled player is the unfortunate soul that took the bait.

Ntcham sees the deep press develop, knowing there is now space in behind where Laird is moving forward into. Once he feels the press, he knocks it back to Naughton.

Naughton then gives it to Bennet who is about to fill the space left by the retreating “press”, who will then have the perfect angle and the space to release Laird who can attack the vacant space left by the player who broke his position to press.

Bennett pings a 35 yard ball down the line for Laird to run onto. Who makes his way into the box and crossed for Bidwell to knock home.

1-0 in 2 mins. THEN we are able to play shorter if we like as they are forced out of their positions. Without that goal and without those long passes, you simply get another Hull at home game where we simply cannot break them down or attack quick enough.

29 out of 711 passes were long in that game, 4.07%. Just awful tactics against a team with 11 behind the ball.

This is why our play is NOW exciting me…. “Now” being the operative word.
[Post edited 5 Nov 2021 7:43]

Seems like sense to me .

Not sure how anyone could disagree.

We have made rapid strides under Martin though I still worry when we refuse a simple clearance out of defence and out ourselves into more trouble. It is possible we could slaughter teams if we simply strangle their often rather pallid attacks.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread AFTERMATH on 12:47 - Nov 5 with 636 viewsDr_Parnassus

Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread AFTERMATH on 09:56 - Nov 5 by onehunglow

Seems like sense to me .

Not sure how anyone could disagree.

We have made rapid strides under Martin though I still worry when we refuse a simple clearance out of defence and out ourselves into more trouble. It is possible we could slaughter teams if we simply strangle their often rather pallid attacks.

Always common sense mate

Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread AFTERMATH on 23:07 - Nov 5 with 576 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread AFTERMATH on 11:26 - Nov 4 by sw02sea

So here’s hoping hey?

Got us at 41/1 twenty each way

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024