Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread AFTERMATH 08:11 - Oct 31 with 19224 viewsNotLoyal

The new and improved match day thread with less scrolling options is here.
It’s different gravy. It contains no animal fats that we are aware of. Scratch that, it may do. It’s difficult. We need to talk about it. Nothing ‘special’ here.

This game is pay on the day

[Post edited 3 Nov 2021 9:13]

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread TUESDAY on 22:20 - Nov 2 with 1099 viewsmagicdaps10

Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread TUESDAY on 22:17 - Nov 2 by YouBackJastard

We've got an extra day's rest on them, so hopefully with a tiny bit of rotation we'll be able to match them. Hoping they don't lose tomorrow so they won't have a point to prove against us and get complacent!

Well as it stands now and with my own eyes 😂

We are going into the game against the team at the top with excitement.... Now that is a massive positive and not something we have been able to say for a few years.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread TUESDAY on 22:23 - Nov 2 with 1068 viewsPatchesOHoulihan

Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread TUESDAY on 22:18 - Nov 2 by Dr_Parnassus

You have to be drunk, surely.

This is fact not opinion.

15% long in the first half.

10% long in the second half.

If you disagree with that then you ruin yourself, no need for me.

What counts as a long all for the purpose of stats?
20,30,40 yards??🤷‍♂️

This is Patches O'Houlihan saying "Take care of your balls, and they'll take care of you."

Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread TUESDAY on 22:23 - Nov 2 with 1056 viewsDr_Parnassus

Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread TUESDAY on 22:20 - Nov 2 by magicdaps10

Well as it stands now and with my own eyes 😂

We are going into the game against the team at the top with excitement.... Now that is a massive positive and not something we have been able to say for a few years.

I think your eyes need the rest to be fair

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread TUESDAY on 22:24 - Nov 2 with 1053 viewsswan_si

Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread TUESDAY on 22:23 - Nov 2 by PatchesOHoulihan

20,30,40 yards??🤷‍♂️

Put the kettle on, it could be a long night.
Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread TUESDAY on 22:27 - Nov 2 with 1019 viewsDr_Parnassus

Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread TUESDAY on 22:23 - Nov 2 by PatchesOHoulihan

20,30,40 yards??🤷‍♂️

15 yards I think I read somewhere, but don’t quote me on that. May be a touch higher.

But regardless of the threshold, it’s consistently logged the same. So whether it is 15 or 20, we did far more of that in the first half than when we were defending in the second half.

Just a fact.

Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread TUESDAY on 22:27 - Nov 2 with 1022 views34dfgdf54

20,30,40 yards??🤷‍♂️

15 yards apparently
Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread TUESDAY on 22:29 - Nov 2 with 992 viewsDr_Parnassus

So is anyone disagreeing we played more long balls in the first half then?

Or just a few people being silly?

Quite why people want to descend the forum into nonsense everytime we win is beyond me.

Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread TUESDAY on 22:31 - Nov 2 with 988 viewsBoundy

Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread TUESDAY on 22:27 - Nov 2 by 34dfgdf54

15 yards apparently

I thought it was 10 ? or did I read somewhere 13 , I'm not sure now but the point is someone some where has decided what constitutes a short and long pass . Perhaps there's a formula somewhere , anyone ?

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Login to get fewer ads

Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread TUESDAY on 22:36 - Nov 2 with 958 viewsmagicdaps10

Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread TUESDAY on 22:27 - Nov 2 by 34dfgdf54

15 yards apparently

That's crazy if that's classed as a long ball! If that's classed as a long ball then I should put more faith in my own eyes!

A long ball to me is one that is played and comes down with some snow on it, when you consider a football pitch can be up to 130 yards then surely 15 yards as a long pass is just a joke.

A controlled zip pass along the floor can easily be within 15 yards no issue at all.

Quite clearly stats are not all that unless of course it suits.

15 yards 😂 my 6yr old is making controlled passes of that length in training alone.

Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread TUESDAY on 22:37 - Nov 2 with 938 views34dfgdf54

Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread TUESDAY on 22:36 - Nov 2 by magicdaps10

That's crazy if that's classed as a long ball! If that's classed as a long ball then I should put more faith in my own eyes!

A long ball to me is one that is played and comes down with some snow on it, when you consider a football pitch can be up to 130 yards then surely 15 yards as a long pass is just a joke.

A controlled zip pass along the floor can easily be within 15 yards no issue at all.

15 yards 😂 my 6yr old is making controlled passes of that length in training alone.

My source for that is Dr P.

So in other words, it’s probably not 15 yards.
Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread TUESDAY on 22:38 - Nov 2 with 931 viewsKeithHaynes

On a side note, the website has been thriving tonight, biggest midweek match day since we took over the shenanigans on here. Thank you.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread TUESDAY on 22:39 - Nov 2 with 922 viewsDr_Parnassus

Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread TUESDAY on 22:37 - Nov 2 by 34dfgdf54

Really? You have a quotable source of me telling you it was 15 yards?

Sounds like a lie to me.

Silly

Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread TUESDAY on 22:40 - Nov 2 with 913 viewsDr_Parnassus

Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread TUESDAY on 22:36 - Nov 2 by magicdaps10

It’s 25 yards, just looked it up.

Not difficult folks, just a bit of research.

Quarter the length of the pitch, seems reasonable to me to be classed as a long ball.

What’s factual is, we did more of that in the first half than the second when defending. Just the truth.

Maybe some prescription lenses may help Daps?
[Post edited 2 Nov 2021 22:41]

Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread TUESDAY on 22:42 - Nov 2 with 893 viewsmagicdaps10

Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread TUESDAY on 22:37 - Nov 2 by 34dfgdf54

If its 15 yards then it's a big joke and any stat using that guideline can just be ripped up.

Anyone who follows that as a guideline then clearly has never played football or involved in a pitch presently.

Its a shocking guideline.

Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread TUESDAY on 22:43 - Nov 2 with 878 viewsDr_Parnassus

Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread TUESDAY on 22:42 - Nov 2 by magicdaps10

If its 15 yards then it's a big joke and any stat using that guideline can just be ripped up.

Anyone who follows that as a guideline then clearly has never played football or involved in a pitch presently.

Its a shocking guideline.

It isn’t, it’s 25.

Keep up daps.

Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread TUESDAY on 22:44 - Nov 2 with 874 viewsWhiterockin

Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread TUESDAY on 22:38 - Nov 2 by KeithHaynes

On a side note, the website has been thriving tonight, biggest midweek match day since we took over the shenanigans on here. Thank you.

Fantastic night Keith one to enjoy. I just hope every poster has enjoyed it as much as me.
Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread TUESDAY on 22:46 - Nov 2 with 848 viewsKeithHaynes

Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread TUESDAY on 22:44 - Nov 2 by Whiterockin

Fantastic night Keith one to enjoy. I just hope every poster has enjoyed it as much as me.

At one point over a 1,000 people online, humbling.

Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread TUESDAY on 22:47 - Nov 2 with 838 views3swan

As the old saying goes just got back so before I read the thread a few comments.

A great start but then give away a needless goal. Any chances Coventry got was mostly down to our own overplaying, but in saying that we deserved the lead at half time. Game was very open as the second half developed a few good moves by us where the final pass/shot was delayed. Coventry had a few half chances but mostly down to enthusiasm than good play. Final minutes were a bit nervy but the final whistle reflected on game management. Well done the team for a hard won three points and great support from the travelling fans.
Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread TUESDAY on 22:47 - Nov 2 with 834 viewsSirjohnalot

4 wins out of 5, apart from the one I went to. I’m going to the both Blackpool games, so apologies in advance : )

What a brilliant win tonight (or for Norwich according to the bloke on sky)
Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread TUESDAY on 22:48 - Nov 2 with 832 viewsKeithHaynes

Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread TUESDAY on 22:47 - Nov 2 by 3swan

As the old saying goes just got back so before I read the thread a few comments.

A great start but then give away a needless goal. Any chances Coventry got was mostly down to our own overplaying, but in saying that we deserved the lead at half time. Game was very open as the second half developed a few good moves by us where the final pass/shot was delayed. Coventry had a few half chances but mostly down to enthusiasm than good play. Final minutes were a bit nervy but the final whistle reflected on game management. Well done the team for a hard won three points and great support from the travelling fans.

Thank you Clive, I’m sure it was worth the long journey 😉

Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread TUESDAY on 22:48 - Nov 2 with 831 viewsWhiterockin

Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread TUESDAY on 22:46 - Nov 2 by KeithHaynes

At one point over a 1,000 people online, humbling.

You have worked hard for it, we reap what we sow. Enjoy.
Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread TUESDAY on 22:48 - Nov 2 with 824 viewsDr_Parnassus

Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread TUESDAY on 22:44 - Nov 2 by Whiterockin

Have you enjoyed it though? Really?

Whilst I’m sure you are fairly happy we won, you have been frustratedly showing your colours after a few posters proved that they were right.

So it’s clearly tinged with an awful lot of frustration.

Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread TUESDAY on 22:48 - Nov 2 with 822 viewsKeithHaynes

Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread TUESDAY on 22:47 - Nov 2 by Sirjohnalot

4 wins out of 5, apart from the one I went to. I’m going to the both Blackpool games, so apologies in advance : )

What a brilliant win tonight (or for Norwich according to the bloke on sky)

Don’t go to Bournemouth 😉😂

Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread TUESDAY on 22:51 - Nov 2 with 799 viewsDr_Parnassus

Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread TUESDAY on 22:31 - Nov 2 by Boundy

I thought it was 10 ? or did I read somewhere 13 , I'm not sure now but the point is someone some where has decided what constitutes a short and long pass . Perhaps there's a formula somewhere , anyone ?

25 yards, quarter of the pitch.

Seems fair to me. You?

Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread TUESDAY on 22:51 - Nov 2 with 801 viewsmagicdaps10

Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread TUESDAY on 22:43 - Nov 2 by Dr_Parnassus

It isn’t, it’s 25.

Keep up daps.

Just going by the 15 that you mentioned so you should have got it right before you posted.... I wouldn't be sad enough to look.

Still think 25 yards can be hit easily with a controlled pass so makes no difference to me and even at 25 yards, makes that long ball stat a non goer for me.

I will trust my own eyes thanks to someone else's perception of the game and what is classed as a long ball or not in their opinion.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024