Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread AFTERMATH 08:11 - Oct 31 with 19226 viewsNotLoyal

The new and improved match day thread with less scrolling options is here.
It’s different gravy. It contains no animal fats that we are aware of. Scratch that, it may do. It’s difficult. We need to talk about it. Nothing ‘special’ here.

This game is pay on the day

[Post edited 3 Nov 2021 9:13]

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread TUESDAY on 21:50 - Nov 2 with 1178 viewsbuilthjack

Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread TUESDAY on 21:47 - Nov 2 by magicdaps10

Big win that, another to add to the confidence.
Would have been happy with 2 points from this game and Bournemouth(2 draws) so this is a +1 with the win.

There is becoming a feeling that we might be onto something here, Martin really is bringing something to the table quicker than I imagined and with a swagger with it.

My only downside, we need to keep to the passing game and not panic especially when we go ahead, 2 goals up away from home we just need to play our game, bring the ball down, pass it and let the opposition chase it.

This Martin guy is a bit special isn't he or is it just me getting carried away with this result... Think Bournemouth might give us some answers, they need to lose at some point 🤔

Coventry had a game plan to constantly pressure us when we had the ball.
Stopped our,passing game.
That's what teams will try and do now.
I am sure Russ will have plan C up his sleave.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread TUESDAY on 21:51 - Nov 2 with 1178 viewsLittleEnglandJack

Good first half performance, were value for our lead at half time.

We then obviously tired and Cov grew into the game, simultaneously struggling to really trouble Hamer whilst also looking like being 30 seconds away from scoring for most of the half.

Excellent result given Covs home form. Not sure what it says about the league that Coventry have been one of the better teams in the league when their tactics seem to boil down to 'run around a lot and lump balls down the channels'.
Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread TUESDAY on 21:51 - Nov 2 with 1169 viewsCatullus

They pressed hard and nearly caught us out several times. It made for a nerve wracking second half.
Our possession tonight was 55%, the lowest for a while but still quite impressive up there because Coventry hadn't lost at home until tonight. 551 passes. Our stats remain impressively high there.
I thought Hamer was superb tonight. The commentator reckoned his only slip was when he had to save from Gyorkeres attempted lob but it looked to me like he saved us, if he hadn't charged out, Gorkeres was in!
Grimes was good, Downes did well but we were, at times, a bit too lax and played it too tight putting ourselves under pressure.
Up to 10th and just 1 point off the play off spots. I'd take a draw in Bournemouth right now, no doubts.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread TUESDAY on 21:52 - Nov 2 with 1158 viewsmax936

Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread TUESDAY on 21:47 - Nov 2 by magicdaps10

Would have been happy with 2 points from this game and Bournemouth(2 draws) so this is a +1 with the win.

There is becoming a feeling that we might be onto something here, Martin really is bringing something to the table quicker than I imagined and with a swagger with it.

My only downside, we need to keep to the passing game and not panic especially when we go ahead, 2 goals up away from home we just need to play our game, bring the ball down, pass it and let the opposition chase it.

This Martin guy is a bit special isn't he or is it just me getting carried away with this result... Think Bournemouth might give us some answers, they need to lose at some point 🤔

Just keep it Real Daps and see where it gets us.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread TUESDAY on 21:57 - Nov 2 with 1076 viewsmax936

Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread TUESDAY on 21:50 - Nov 2 by builthjack

Laird was very well marshalled, apart from first 10 mins. They were like terriers when we had the ball and seemed quicker to the ball a lot of the times, but saw the game out in that last 7 or 8 minutes, fair play, nail biter though.

Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread TUESDAY on 21:59 - Nov 2 with 1041 viewsmagicdaps10

Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread TUESDAY on 21:52 - Nov 2 by max936

Just keep it Real Daps and see where it gets us.

This season is a free play for me, a lot to build and arguably its being built quicker than I expected... I am enjoying our football once again and there seems a plan, Martin is doing a terrific job.

Was great to see him and Piroe at the end, puts to bed the rumours that were put on this site.

Looking forward to Bournemouth, not expecting much but that loss will come for them soon enough but a point would feel like a win down there.

Think Martin has got that ball rolling and the first time for a long time... I feel there is something happening at our club once again.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread TUESDAY on 22:00 - Nov 2 with 1020 viewsChief

Hell of a result. Not the greatest performance but that's how it goes. Bennett tremendous.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread TUESDAY on 22:01 - Nov 2 with 997 viewsDr_Winston

Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread TUESDAY on 21:50 - Nov 2 by builthjack

Wait for the window.

A left sided Laird and maybe another AM will give us more options. We're doing well with what we've got but always room for improvement.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Login to get fewer ads

Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread TUESDAY on 22:05 - Nov 2 with 975 viewsmonmouth

Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread TUESDAY on 22:00 - Nov 2 by Chief

Hell of a result. Not the greatest performance but that's how it goes. Bennett tremendous.

It was a fantastic performance. Brave and full of skill and daring. Absolutely magnificent. Better than anything since Potter.

Their home form was won 6 drawn 1 lost 0.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread TUESDAY on 22:05 - Nov 2 with 973 viewsbuilthjack

Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread TUESDAY on 22:01 - Nov 2 by Dr_Winston

Wait for the window.

A left sided Laird and maybe another AM will give us more options. We're doing well with what we've got but always room for improvement.

Agree. Keep improving. Happy.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread TUESDAY on 22:07 - Nov 2 with 944 viewsYouBackJastard

Definitely the most stressed I've been this entire season watching that second half, apart from the first 20 minutes of the Cardiff game. We took more points away today from Cov than they've dropped all season at home. That first half was by far the most entertaining contest between two great teams we've seen all year, definitely one for the neutral. Seems we looked at the issues at West Brom and Birmingham (starting extremely slow) and decided to answer that criticism head on with our last two games seeing four goals in the opening 15 minutes!

Not that it matters now but unsure if Martin will be as happy as us with that second half given the fear the players showed at times, failing to create a single chance for Obafemi. Pato in particular looked tired, missing that through ball opportunity when Obafemi broke through the Cov lines near the end.

What a keeper Ben Hamer is. Serious potential to be our best keeper since Fabianski, can't imagine how calming his presence must be to the defenders in front of him. Superb distribution and movement throughout the game.

Onto Bournemouth now. Awful game but do get that feeling we could take on anyone at the moment in current form. Four wins in five is automatics form, not even considering the tough opposition we've had to face!
Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread TUESDAY on 22:07 - Nov 2 with 942 viewsKeithHaynes

Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread TUESDAY on 22:05 - Nov 2 by monmouth

It was a fantastic performance. Brave and full of skill and daring. Absolutely magnificent. Better than anything since Potter.

Not any more, I blame our manager 😂👏

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread TUESDAY on 22:08 - Nov 2 with 926 viewsowainglyndwr

Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread TUESDAY on 22:05 - Nov 2 by builthjack

Absolutely a fantastic win, something from Bournemouth now would be the icing on the cake
Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread TUESDAY on 22:08 - Nov 2 with 921 viewsDr_Parnassus

Think you got that one a bit backwards.

First half long balls were 15.05%

Second half long balls were 10.54%

Second half we seemed to mess around with it far more and they were benefitting. Only 80% we’re finding the target.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread TUESDAY on 22:11 - Nov 2 with 887 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread TUESDAY on 22:05 - Nov 2 by builthjack

Big big result tonight. I hope the players, knowing they’ve got the international break coming really have a go and be the first team this season to beat Bournemouth. On top of our game we can beat anyone in this league.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread TUESDAY on 22:11 - Nov 2 with 884 viewsmax936

Hamer was excellent tonight commanded his area, Ntcham had a bit of a quiet game overall, it was a pity we couldn't get decent ball to Obafemi in the last quarter of the game, Bidwell and Manning did well enough again, Grimes excellent, Patterson started brightly, excellent effort from the Team overall.

Be tough against Bournemouth though, with their pace and power, got some big boys who also have pace, but who know's.

Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread TUESDAY on 22:12 - Nov 2 with 881 viewsmagicdaps10

Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread TUESDAY on 22:08 - Nov 2 by Dr_Parnassus

Think you got that one a bit backwards.

First half long balls were 15.05%

Second half long balls were 10.54%

Second half we seemed to mess around with it far more and they were benefitting. Only 80% we’re finding the target.

I will let my own eyes do the work rather some stats put to me from another poster.

I see football on the pitch and not on a sheet of paper.

Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread TUESDAY on 22:13 - Nov 2 with 869 viewsDr_Parnassus

Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread TUESDAY on 22:12 - Nov 2 by magicdaps10

I will let my own eyes do the work rather some stats put to me from another poster.

I see football on the pitch and not on a sheet of paper.

Yeah that’s my point.

Your eyes got it wrong, as they usually do.

Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread TUESDAY on 22:13 - Nov 2 with 858 viewsChief

Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread TUESDAY on 22:05 - Nov 2 by monmouth

Oooff not sure about that. Our midfield was non existent, our forwards had zero service besides our 2 early forays forward. The defence was last ditch brilliant. Coventry were the better team overall I think.

But a superb result and some heroic defensive performances.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread TUESDAY on 22:14 - Nov 2 with 854 viewsmagicdaps10

Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread TUESDAY on 22:11 - Nov 2 by max936

Hamer was excellent tonight commanded his area, Ntcham had a bit of a quiet game overall, it was a pity we couldn't get decent ball to Obafemi in the last quarter of the game, Bidwell and Manning did well enough again, Grimes excellent, Patterson started brightly, excellent effort from the Team overall.

Be tough against Bournemouth though, with their pace and power, got some big boys who also have pace, but who know's.

One thing Martin will do, he will go there to win.

Its going to be an interesting game and will give us plenty of answers after the game.

Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread TUESDAY on 22:15 - Nov 2 with 843 viewsItchySphincter

Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread TUESDAY on 22:13 - Nov 2 by Dr_Parnassus

Yeah that’s my point.

Your eyes got it wrong, as they usually do.

For once in your life just concede to the greater knowledge........

Dapsy might be a bit thick but he's ruined you

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread TUESDAY on 22:17 - Nov 2 with 820 viewsmagicdaps10

Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread TUESDAY on 22:15 - Nov 2 by ItchySphincter

Am I meant to take that as a compliment or not! 😂

Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread TUESDAY on 22:17 - Nov 2 with 809 viewsYouBackJastard

Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread TUESDAY on 22:14 - Nov 2 by magicdaps10

One thing Martin will do, he will go there to win.

Its going to be an interesting game and will give us plenty of answers after the game.

We've got an extra day's rest on them, so hopefully with a tiny bit of rotation we'll be able to match them. Hoping they don't lose tomorrow so they won't have a point to prove against us and get complacent!
Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread TUESDAY on 22:18 - Nov 2 with 802 viewssw02sea

Great first half. Great game management for the end game. Hamer MOTM end of. His closing down on the extremities of his box is outstanding, and shot stopping. Best keeper we’ve had since Fabianski.
Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread TUESDAY on 22:18 - Nov 2 with 798 viewsDr_Parnassus

Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread TUESDAY on 22:15 - Nov 2 by ItchySphincter

You have to be drunk, surely.

This is fact not opinion.

15% long in the first half.

10% long in the second half.

If you disagree with that then you ruin yourself, no need for me.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024