Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Turkish Barbers 10:15 - Nov 5 with 1057 viewsonehunglow

These are everywhere even in the smallest village.

I am rather cynical but it could be a case of these outlets opening purely for money laundering and other crimes.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Turkish Barbers on 10:23 - Nov 5 with 1038 viewsProfessor

One in Neston and a very swanky one in Heswall.

Given there are about 10 new Turkish restaurants on Bold Street there appears to be a Turkish invasion.

That said had lunch in one (Akasya) last week with the wife and was excellent and great value (12 quid for two course set lunch menu)
Turkish Barbers on 10:44 - Nov 5 with 1015 viewsonehunglow

Turkish Barbers on 10:23 - Nov 5 by Professor

One in Neston and a very swanky one in Heswall.

Given there are about 10 new Turkish restaurants on Bold Street there appears to be a Turkish invasion.

That said had lunch in one (Akasya) last week with the wife and was excellent and great value (12 quid for two course set lunch menu)

They're even in deepest Llyn

Turkish Barbers on 10:48 - Nov 5 with 1011 viewscockneyswan

That’s a big accusation, sounds a bit racist actually, where’s the evidence?
Turkish Barbers on 10:50 - Nov 5 with 1010 viewsmagicdaps10

Why a Turkish barber and no other barbers, say for instance a Welsh owned barbers?
Would you still feel cynical if it was Welsh owned?

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Turkish Barbers on 12:42 - Nov 5 with 965 viewsonehunglow

Turkish Barbers on 10:50 - Nov 5 by magicdaps10

Why a Turkish barber and no other barbers, say for instance a Welsh owned barbers?
Would you still feel cynical if it was Welsh owned?

Why?
Odd that.

It is odd that Turkish barbers and not ,say,Greek barbers ,have sprung up everywhere. Why Turkish?

Turkish Barbers on 13:22 - Nov 5 with 935 viewsangryjack

Turkish Barbers on 12:42 - Nov 5 by onehunglow

Why?
Odd that.

It is odd that Turkish barbers and not ,say,Greek barbers ,have sprung up everywhere. Why Turkish?

If you speak to them hardly any from Turkey.. all ones I've been in are Iran or Iraq Albanian,, even Ukrainian,most are iraqi kurds
Turkish Barbers on 13:43 - Nov 5 with 922 viewsmajorraglan

Turkish Barbers on 13:22 - Nov 5 by angryjack

If you speak to them hardly any from Turkey.. all ones I've been in are Iran or Iraq Albanian,, even Ukrainian,most are iraqi kurds

The ones I have spoken to down our way are Iraqi Kurds who’ve fled the oppressive regimes that have recently existed within the countries. My experience is overwhelmingly positive.
Turkish Barbers on 13:53 - Nov 5 with 915 viewsonehunglow

Turkish Barbers on 13:22 - Nov 5 by angryjack

Speak to them.
I'd rather a dialogue with a locally sourced indiginous barber.

Login to get fewer ads

Turkish Barbers on 15:24 - Nov 5 with 863 viewsA_Fans_Dad

They ave a similar work ethic and family structure to Indians & Pakistanis.
They all work together to get money and then expand to a new location and make a go of that and then rinse & repeat.
The one in Killay Precinct does a great haircut and employs (or Did before COVID) at least 2 of his cousins.
Turkish Barbers on 16:41 - Nov 5 with 824 viewsDr_Winston

Turkish Barbers on 10:48 - Nov 5 by cockneyswan

That’s a big accusation, sounds a bit racist actually, where’s the evidence?

Brown people are all criminals didn't you know?

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Turkish Barbers on 16:45 - Nov 5 with 821 viewsGwyn737

Turkish Barbers on 15:24 - Nov 5 by A_Fans_Dad

They ave a similar work ethic and family structure to Indians & Pakistanis.
They all work together to get money and then expand to a new location and make a go of that and then rinse & repeat.
The one in Killay Precinct does a great haircut and employs (or Did before COVID) at least 2 of his cousins.

I’d add that I reckon that because of the family structure and the importance places on it, the barbers tend to be really good with kids.
Turkish Barbers on 17:23 - Nov 5 with 793 viewsjack_lord

Coincidentally we were talking about the vast numbers of turkish barbers that had opened in Swansea. Is it because lads have their haircut more often as it doesn't make sense that the few barbers that existed managed to cut everyone's hair in the area and now they are still there and it feels like every other shop is a male barbers on some roads.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Turkish Barbers on 18:25 - Nov 5 with 751 viewsbuilthjack

A lot are not Turkish. But from the surrounding countries.
They work hard. Our lot want to do their 40 hours maximum.
These will work 7 days if the trade is there. Same as the car washes.

Money laundering my hairy ass.
Some of these posts are bordering on racism.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Turkish Barbers on 19:56 - Nov 5 with 717 viewsonehunglow

Turkish Barbers on 17:23 - Nov 5 by jack_lord

Coincidentally we were talking about the vast numbers of turkish barbers that had opened in Swansea. Is it because lads have their haircut more often as it doesn't make sense that the few barbers that existed managed to cut everyone's hair in the area and now they are still there and it feels like every other shop is a male barbers on some roads.

I was talking to a barber very recently and commented thus.

Clearly,even this a subject not be be discussed/

Nowt to do with racism Ken whatoever.

Speak to long established LOCAL barbers who are witnessing this .

Turkish Barbers on 20:30 - Nov 5 with 702 viewsbuilthjack

Turkish Barbers on 19:56 - Nov 5 by onehunglow

The LOCAL barbers will have to step up to the mark. Competition is healthy.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Turkish Barbers on 20:46 - Nov 5 with 683 viewsJack123

Turkish Barbers on 18:25 - Nov 5 by builthjack

A lot are not Turkish. But from the surrounding countries.
They work hard. Our lot want to do their 40 hours maximum.
These will work 7 days if the trade is there. Same as the car washes.

Money laundering my hairy ass.
Some of these posts are bordering on racism.

'Some of these posts are bordering on racism.'

Surely there is no such thing? You can't border on racism, it either is, or isn't.

A bit like like saying, that's bordering on an offensive comment!, there is no such thing!

libera nos a malo

Turkish Barbers on 20:50 - Nov 5 with 675 viewsonehunglow

Turkish Barbers on 20:46 - Nov 5 by Jack123

'Some of these posts are bordering on racism.'

Surely there is no such thing? You can't border on racism, it either is, or isn't.

A bit like like saying, that's bordering on an offensive comment!, there is no such thing!

Builth takes the view I have posted thus.
Fact,Turkish barbers have flooded our highstreets and backstreets putting established local barbers out of business.
Mention was made of car washes operating in the same way.CASH.

Racism is now the easiest form of abuse and it stinks .

Turkish Barbers on 20:55 - Nov 5 with 673 viewsmajorraglan

Turkish Barbers on 20:30 - Nov 5 by builthjack

The LOCAL barbers will have to step up to the mark. Competition is healthy.

The number of barbers in our area has doubled over the last few years and competition is fierce, but most always seem to be busy which is probably linked to the fact that a trendy haircut these days incorporates a no1 on the sides which will quickly grow out.
From my personal experience, the new barbers generally offer a very high level of service including neck shaves with cut throat razors, a tidying up of the hair line with said razor, eye brow trim, flaming of the ears to singe hair and a hot towelling at the end of the trim which is something local barbers never offered. Throw in a decent hair cut and it’s no wonder their busy. Even my 81 year old dad can’t find fault with the place. If you’ve never tried one before it’s defo worth a look.
Turkish Barbers on 21:00 - Nov 5 with 662 viewsJack123

Turkish Barbers on 20:50 - Nov 5 by onehunglow

Fact,Turkish barbers have flooded our highstreets and backstreets putting established local barbers out of business.

Yes, and even worse borderline racism claims, which I find can't be true, it either is, or it isn't..

Surely you cannot say something like that's coming close to a racist comment,.

libera nos a malo

Turkish Barbers on 21:01 - Nov 5 with 661 viewsFlashberryjack

Turkish Barbers on 16:41 - Nov 5 by Dr_Winston

Brown people are all criminals didn't you know?

Some brown people are criminals don't you know ?

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Turkish Barbers on 21:02 - Nov 5 with 659 viewsYouBackJastard

Turkish Barbers on 20:50 - Nov 5 by onehunglow

Do you have any evidence that Turkish barbers have 'forced' local barbers out of business?
Turkish Barbers on 21:19 - Nov 5 with 637 viewsbuilthjack

Turkish Barbers on 20:55 - Nov 5 by majorraglan

The number of barbers in our area has doubled over the last few years and competition is fierce, but most always seem to be busy which is probably linked to the fact that a trendy haircut these days incorporates a no1 on the sides which will quickly grow out.
From my personal experience, the new barbers generally offer a very high level of service including neck shaves with cut throat razors, a tidying up of the hair line with said razor, eye brow trim, flaming of the ears to singe hair and a hot towelling at the end of the trim which is something local barbers never offered. Throw in a decent hair cut and it’s no wonder their busy. Even my 81 year old dad can’t find fault with the place. If you’ve never tried one before it’s defo worth a look.

I need to find one. It sounds amazing.

Turkish Barbers on 21:50 - Nov 5 with 596 viewscockneyswan

Turkish Barbers on 19:56 - Nov 5 by onehunglow

The original accusation was money laundering, I’ll ask again where is your evidence ?
Turkish Barbers on 21:56 - Nov 5 with 582 viewsDr_Winston

Turkish Barbers on 21:50 - Nov 5 by cockneyswan

The original accusation was money laundering, I’ll ask again where is your evidence ?

He hasn't got any.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024