Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread AFTERMATH 08:11 - Oct 31 with 20456 viewsNotLoyal

The new and improved match day thread with less scrolling options is here.
It’s different gravy. It contains no animal fats that we are aware of. Scratch that, it may do. It’s difficult. We need to talk about it. Nothing ‘special’ here.

This game is pay on the day

[Post edited 3 Nov 2021 9:13]

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread AFTERMATH on 21:01 - Nov 3 with 1057 viewsvetchonian

Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread AFTERMATH on 20:30 - Nov 3 by Dr_Winston

Oh I'm sorry. You were serious?

Vetchy, you react like a teenage girl when someone disses their favourite boyband if anything remotely disparaging is said about the last two seasons and the incumbent at the time. The entire magnum opus post was in response to someone referring to "Cooperball", and it ain't the first time you've done it.

You can't help yourself, but you should try. You'd be happier.

you havent really read and understood my post it was not a reaction to mention of Cooperball againn another myth
but it's strange those who dissed and continue diss our previous manager are fine and loyal despite us getting results but those who questioned at the start of this season when we were throwing points away are labelled as disloyal

You are the one with an obsession you look for every opportunity to diss Cooper...even bringing his name up on a thread discussing players

Kids...the Sky generation take the time to read my post again in full
rather than just seeing the word Cooper...but they ho continue to show your lack of understanding and proof that you are nothing more than a troll

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread AFTERMATH on 22:29 - Nov 3 with 962 viewsTreforys_Jack

Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread AFTERMATH on 21:01 - Nov 3 by vetchonian

you havent really read and understood my post it was not a reaction to mention of Cooperball againn another myth
but it's strange those who dissed and continue diss our previous manager are fine and loyal despite us getting results but those who questioned at the start of this season when we were throwing points away are labelled as disloyal

You are the one with an obsession you look for every opportunity to diss Cooper...even bringing his name up on a thread discussing players

Kids...the Sky generation take the time to read my post again in full
rather than just seeing the word Cooper...but they ho continue to show your lack of understanding and proof that you are nothing more than a troll

Ahhh, don't start using the troll word, its unsavoury when not used correctly, just because posters don't agree with you, doesn't make them trolls.
Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread AFTERMATH on 22:46 - Nov 3 with 935 viewsDr_Parnassus

Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread AFTERMATH on 22:29 - Nov 3 by Treforys_Jack

Ahhh, don't start using the troll word, its unsavoury when not used correctly, just because posters don't agree with you, doesn't make them trolls.

It’s not about agreeing or disagreeing.

It’s about the manner in which they do and the comments intended to goad and provoke a reaction that accompanies them.

I would certainly constitute that their is a fair bit of trolling from those that have taken an irrational dislike to Steve Cooper last season. His record at Forest thus far has only sent them into overdrive.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread AFTERMATH on 23:50 - Nov 3 with 890 viewsYouBackJastard

Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread AFTERMATH on 22:46 - Nov 3 by Dr_Parnassus

It’s about the manner in which they do and the comments intended to goad and provoke a reaction that accompanies them.

I would certainly constitute that their is a fair bit of trolling from those that have taken an irrational dislike to Steve Cooper last season. His record at Forest thus far has only sent them into overdrive.

Nothing irrational about being averse to a style that lead to the worst offensive playoff final performance in recent history.

Zero shots on target. Set up to fail. Thank Christ we're doing it the right way now. Anyone else reminded of 2020/21 Brentford when watching this current team?

(That Forest record now looking rather iffy on recent form PPG after the new manager bounce wore off)
Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread AFTERMATH on 23:59 - Nov 3 with 879 viewsDr_Parnassus

Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread AFTERMATH on 23:50 - Nov 3 by YouBackJastard

Nothing irrational about being averse to a style that lead to the worst offensive playoff final performance in recent history.

Zero shots on target. Set up to fail. Thank Christ we're doing it the right way now. Anyone else reminded of 2020/21 Brentford when watching this current team?

(That Forest record now looking rather iffy on recent form PPG after the new manager bounce wore off)

You can not like a style, that’s perfectly rational. I haven’t said anyone who doesn’t like a style is irrational have I?

Under Cooper last season I think we had 25% more shots than at the same point this season. So it’s comments that deny facts like that in which I would describe as irrational.

As for Forest, iffy?
1 defeat in 8. 1.88 points per game.
That averages out at as an 86 point season.

Again it’s views that call that “iffy” in which I would describe as irrational.

Just post with honesty and you won’t go far wrong in my book.

Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread AFTERMATH on 00:01 - Nov 4 with 882 viewsTreforys_Jack

Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread AFTERMATH on 22:46 - Nov 3 by Dr_Parnassus

It's nothing to do with Steve Cooper the man, it's Steve Cooper the manager. I'm sure no-one really cares where he's from.
Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread AFTERMATH on 00:04 - Nov 4 with 876 viewsDr_Parnassus

Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread AFTERMATH on 00:01 - Nov 4 by Treforys_Jack

It's nothing to do with Steve Cooper the man, it's Steve Cooper the manager. I'm sure no-one really cares where he's from.

Steve Cooper the manager is extremely successful.

Career win % of over 45%.

That has to be right up there with the very best that has managed in the Championship for 2+ seasons.

Comments suggesting he doesn’t have ability are irrational. By all means you can say you didn’t enjoy the football under his management. But to make out he’s a bad manager is when people stand up for accuracy.

Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread AFTERMATH on 00:11 - Nov 4 with 877 viewsTreforys_Jack

Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread AFTERMATH on 00:04 - Nov 4 by Dr_Parnassus

Steve Cooper the manager is extremely successful.

Career win % of over 45%.

That has to be right up there with the very best that has managed in the Championship for 2+ seasons.

Comments suggesting he doesn’t have ability are irrational. By all means you can say you didn’t enjoy the football under his management. But to make out he’s a bad manager is when people stand up for accuracy.

That's all I've ever said, his football to me was extremely boring (other opinions freely available) not sure why people take it differently or try and turn into something it isn't. I've never ever said he was a poor manager,. Vetch is convinced it's because of his roots, which is laughable,
Login to get fewer ads

Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread AFTERMATH on 00:13 - Nov 4 with 871 viewsDr_Parnassus

Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread AFTERMATH on 00:11 - Nov 4 by Treforys_Jack

That's all I've ever said, his football to me was extremely boring (other opinions freely available) not sure why people take it differently or try and turn into something it isn't. I've never ever said he was a poor manager,. Vetch is convinced it's because of his roots, which is laughable,

Many people have though.

Just because you have a sensible outlook on it doesn’t mean other follow suit. In fact they don’t, some of the comments are laughable.

Hence why others stand up for a young and successful ex Swansea manager, and potential future Wales manager. Bitter and irrational comments don’t sit well with some people and they will always call them out.

Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread AFTERMATH on 00:49 - Nov 4 with 861 viewsYouBackJastard

Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread AFTERMATH on 23:59 - Nov 3 by Dr_Parnassus

You can not like a style, that’s perfectly rational. I haven’t said anyone who doesn’t like a style is irrational have I?

Under Cooper last season I think we had 25% more shots than at the same point this season. So it’s comments that deny facts like that in which I would describe as irrational.

As for Forest, iffy?
1 defeat in 8. 1.88 points per game.
That averages out at as an 86 point season.

Again it’s views that call that “iffy” in which I would describe as irrational.

Just post with honesty and you won’t go far wrong in my book.

Never would deny Forest had a brilliant start, but as I said in the quote, new manager bounce. We had the same form when he came in, he's now two points out of the last three. Iffy.

How often has PPG at this stage of the season been accurate? Couldn't have predicted Barnsley last year, Aston Villa the year they went up, Hull to go down etc. If Forest finish with 80 points or above by the end of the season I will happily donate £20 to a charity of your choice. How about that?
Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread AFTERMATH on 01:03 - Nov 4 with 853 viewsDr_Parnassus

Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread AFTERMATH on 00:49 - Nov 4 by YouBackJastard

Never would deny Forest had a brilliant start, but as I said in the quote, new manager bounce. We had the same form when he came in, he's now two points out of the last three. Iffy.

How often has PPG at this stage of the season been accurate? Couldn't have predicted Barnsley last year, Aston Villa the year they went up, Hull to go down etc. If Forest finish with 80 points or above by the end of the season I will happily donate £20 to a charity of your choice. How about that?

There is no such thing as a new manager bounce, it’s a myth.

As per the independent:

“ The ‘managerial bounce’ is a chimera: this phantom bounce is nothing more than regression to the mean. On average, an in-season replacement of the manager has zero effect on performances, either during the season or in the long run.”

https://socceranalytics.substack.com/p/is-the-new-manager-bounce-really

You don’t judge over two games, you use whole data sets.

I also don’t believe Forest will achieve 80 points, largely because the first 8 were managed by Chris Houghton who managed to muster about 5 points, meaning Cooper will have to go at a far greater rate to reach the extrapolated point tally for his games for Forest to reach that tally.

Points per game is not a prediction of the future, but an accurate representation of what has happened so far.

But you are welcome to join the points per game challenge on the other thread. I’ve not had any takers yet and it’s been up for a long long time.

Enjoy.
[Post edited 4 Nov 2021 1:33]

Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread AFTERMATH on 02:16 - Nov 4 with 835 viewsYouBackJastard

Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread AFTERMATH on 01:03 - Nov 4 by Dr_Parnassus

There is no such thing as a new manager bounce, it’s a myth.

As per the independent:

“ The ‘managerial bounce’ is a chimera: this phantom bounce is nothing more than regression to the mean. On average, an in-season replacement of the manager has zero effect on performances, either during the season or in the long run.”

https://socceranalytics.substack.com/p/is-the-new-manager-bounce-really

You don’t judge over two games, you use whole data sets.

I also don’t believe Forest will achieve 80 points, largely because the first 8 were managed by Chris Houghton who managed to muster about 5 points, meaning Cooper will have to go at a far greater rate to reach the extrapolated point tally for his games for Forest to reach that tally.

Points per game is not a prediction of the future, but an accurate representation of what has happened so far.

But you are welcome to join the points per game challenge on the other thread. I’ve not had any takers yet and it’s been up for a long long time.

Enjoy.
[Post edited 4 Nov 2021 1:33]

I assume you mean that Martin will have a higher PPG than Cooper by the end of the season? If so, I'll happily take you up on that.

Probably wouldn't have before recent events, but the fact that Martin has achieved to get to this state this quickly means that I have faith.

If Cooper achieves a higher PPG then you get bragging rights, enjoy. If Martin wins, I want you to simply comment 'I was wrong'. Nothing else needed!
Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread AFTERMATH on 02:57 - Nov 4 with 824 viewsDr_Parnassus

Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread AFTERMATH on 02:16 - Nov 4 by YouBackJastard

I assume you mean that Martin will have a higher PPG than Cooper by the end of the season? If so, I'll happily take you up on that.

Probably wouldn't have before recent events, but the fact that Martin has achieved to get to this state this quickly means that I have faith.

If Cooper achieves a higher PPG then you get bragging rights, enjoy. If Martin wins, I want you to simply comment 'I was wrong'. Nothing else needed!

I won’t be bragging, just think it will happen. It may not, we are looking excellent at the moment. But for me, Cooper is incredibly results driven and I rate him very highly so has the edge for my money.

Bet on £20, charity of winners choice.

Who gets highest PPG.

YBJ = Martin
Dr P = Coops

Congratulations on being the first brave soul to back your comments (although it’s taken some great form to prompt it no doubt)

Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread AFTERMATH on 05:41 - Nov 4 with 805 viewsvetchonian

Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread AFTERMATH on 00:11 - Nov 4 by Treforys_Jack

Tref...believe me this is the case for some but not all.

I recognise many didn't like the style of play under Coopers which was actually not as bad as many make out...again its opinion

But some posters did and still dislike him because of who he is and where he is from...that is obvious when he gets called names...
But he has gone yet many of those who were not "fans" of his still take opportunity to bring him up and diss him...comparisons wi be made yes but some who troll refer to him in threads which have no direct attachment or reference yet they find a way in which to bring him up

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread AFTERMATH on 07:58 - Nov 4 with 767 viewsmagicdaps10

Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread AFTERMATH on 00:49 - Nov 4 by YouBackJastard

That's a superb gesture, £20 to a charity of choice.

Are you willing to take up that generous offer DrP, maybe if Forest don't get to 80 points then you could donate the same amount to a charity of this gentlemens choice?

I think it's a good call to make such a call and maybe the mods coukd lock a post based around this?

You both up for it guys?

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread AFTERMATH on 08:01 - Nov 4 with 759 viewsmagicdaps10

Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread AFTERMATH on 02:57 - Nov 4 by Dr_Parnassus

I won’t be bragging, just think it will happen. It may not, we are looking excellent at the moment. But for me, Cooper is incredibly results driven and I rate him very highly so has the edge for my money.

Bet on £20, charity of winners choice.

Who gets highest PPG.

YBJ = Martin
Dr P = Coops

Congratulations on being the first brave soul to back your comments (although it’s taken some great form to prompt it no doubt)

Just read this, the original offer was Forest to 80 points, are you willing to accept it?

If you say yes then I will contact Keith now and ask him if he is willing to do a sticky post so we can monitor as the season goes along.

Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread AFTERMATH on 08:02 - Nov 4 with 756 viewsmagicdaps10

Tell you what, I will even donate £20 to a charity if Forest get 80 points.

Well up for that, the first offer put on the table so if you accept that then I will throw my hat into the ring on that first offer.

Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread AFTERMATH on 08:16 - Nov 4 with 751 viewsmagicdaps10

Let's lose the first 8 games and 5 points, going by that PPG then it's Forest ending on 76 points?

We all happy to go Forest ending on 76 points?

Keith does a sticky for us then maybe Keith selects who we donate to?

All in, could even ask if others want in on it?

Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread AFTERMATH on 08:19 - Nov 4 with 748 viewsDr_Parnassus

Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread AFTERMATH on 08:01 - Nov 4 by magicdaps10

Just read this, the original offer was Forest to 80 points, are you willing to accept it?

If you say yes then I will contact Keith now and ask him if he is willing to do a sticky post so we can monitor as the season goes along.

80 points?

Of course not. I explained why.

Keep your nose out troll. You have had plenty of chances to take it yourself… you still can of course.

Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread AFTERMATH on 08:20 - Nov 4 with 747 viewsDr_Parnassus

Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread AFTERMATH on 08:02 - Nov 4 by magicdaps10

Tell you what, I will even donate £20 to a charity if Forest get 80 points.

Well up for that, the first offer put on the table so if you accept that then I will throw my hat into the ring on that first offer.

Calm down, you are like a puppy.

Points per game is not a prediction of the future, just an accurate explanation of what has happened. Where are you seeing me predicting that will remain constant? Far too many variables to predict anything like that.

The bet is that Cooper has a higher points per game ratio than Martin this season.

There is already a thread tracking it. The bet is already struck. You quoted it.

You joining in I presume? Or reckon you may get cold feet on this one. (lol)
[Post edited 4 Nov 2021 8:25]

Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread AFTERMATH on 08:40 - Nov 4 with 733 viewsmagicdaps10

I would be happy to bet that Forest won't get 76 points going on the PPG that you bring up.

I am even willing to ignore Hugh tons games and points.... You up for it, Forest 76 points or above and I donate £20, 75 points below then you donate.

Up for that? All for a good cause.

Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread AFTERMATH on 08:41 - Nov 4 with 729 viewsmagicdaps10

Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread AFTERMATH on 08:20 - Nov 4 by Dr_Parnassus

Calm down, you are like a puppy.

Points per game is not a prediction of the future, just an accurate explanation of what has happened. Where are you seeing me predicting that will remain constant? Far too many variables to predict anything like that.

The bet is that Cooper has a higher points per game ratio than Martin this season.

There is already a thread tracking it. The bet is already struck. You quoted it.

You joining in I presume? Or reckon you may get cold feet on this one. (lol)
[Post edited 4 Nov 2021 8:25]

My first offer on it stands, 76 points in or out?

Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread AFTERMATH on 08:41 - Nov 4 with 727 viewsDr_Parnassus

Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread AFTERMATH on 08:40 - Nov 4 by magicdaps10

I would be happy to bet that Forest won't get 76 points going on the PPG that you bring up.

I am even willing to ignore Hugh tons games and points.... You up for it, Forest 76 points or above and I donate £20, 75 points below then you donate.

Up for that? All for a good cause.

I’ll bet they won’t get to 76 points too if you are offering?

However the bet in place is Martin vs Coops PPG.

You in? Or not confident? Either is fine.

Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread AFTERMATH on 08:50 - Nov 4 with 719 viewsDr_Parnassus

Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread AFTERMATH on 08:41 - Nov 4 by magicdaps10

My first offer on it stands, 76 points in or out?

Bets tend to be things people disagree on.

We both agree its unlikely Forest get to 76 points so why is the offer there? You are wasting every bodies time.

You have made enough noise about Cooper, you have a chance now to back Martin to beat him.

Failing that, I’ll assume you aren’t confident to even part with a £20 charity bet, which puts a lot of your comments into perspective on how much you actually believe them…

The time has come. Put up or shut up
[Post edited 4 Nov 2021 8:56]

Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread AFTERMATH on 09:24 - Nov 4 with 697 viewsDr_Parnassus

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024