Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is this really "exciting football"? 17:32 - Dec 4 with 8743 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Once again, our possession of the ball was more than double that of our opponents.

Yet, once again, we only just managed to convert our colossal domination of the ball into more attacks than our opponents

From 67% possession, we yielded just 113 attacks. Yet, from just 33% possession, Middlesbrough yielded 104 attacks.

We had 103% more possession of the ball, yet attempted only 9% more attacks throughout the game. That's scandalous and certainly isn't "exciting football" in my opinion.

It is little wonder we have so many clean sheets despite having such a nonsensical defensive approach. Imagine how many more attacks teams would achieve against us if we weren't aimlessly keeping possession amongst our 5 centre backs for a significant portion of the match.

This isn't exciting football. Too many Swansea City supporters equate possession with "exciting football". I'm hesitant to use the word brainwashed, but some supporters have certainly been conditioned to think this way.
[Post edited 4 Dec 2021 17:33]

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Is this really "exciting football"? on 08:41 - Dec 5 with 999 viewsWhiterockin

Is this really "exciting football"? on 06:53 - Dec 5 by Fireboy2

Well you definitely are not a proper fan, it's easy flinging mud from your keyboard, perhaps you would get a bit of kudos if you actually went to games.

I have always said that the most criticism comes from people who do not attend matches.
Is this really "exciting football"? on 08:45 - Dec 5 with 985 viewsDr_Parnassus

Is this really "exciting football"? on 08:41 - Dec 5 by Whiterockin

I have always said that the most criticism comes from people who do not attend matches.

I highly doubt that is true, and of course would be impossible to gauge.

Not that it matters of course, I am sure film critics aren't on set when they do their reviews and I am sure food critics aren't in the kitchen.

Everyone is entitled to a view, if you think they are incorrect then put a counter forward. Whether they were there or watched with the benefit of multiple camera angles should be irrelevant.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Is this really "exciting football"? on 08:49 - Dec 5 with 972 viewsDr_Parnassus

I will say though, football forums don't tend to be the true voice of the supporter and are often massively skewed as people try to take what is perceived to be the popular opinion.

There was a lot of annoyed fans when the team was announced, tends to be overly positive on here though where any form of dissenting voice gets shouted down in favor of toeing the party line.

Is this really "exciting football"? on 08:53 - Dec 5 with 960 viewsmagicdaps10

Is this really "exciting football"? on 08:41 - Dec 5 by Whiterockin

I wouldn't disagree with that at all.

Only people who would argue or question that are the actual people who don't go.

We deserved more than we got out of that yesterday and the same can be said for a handful of games plus the penalties that we are not being given in games..... Could easily have more points in board but ultimately we are where we are AND where the majority of fans come the season start expected us realistically to be.

Its a transition season, we have a better idea where we need to strengthen hopefully in January and from there we can push on.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Is this really "exciting football"? on 08:56 - Dec 5 with 948 viewsmagicdaps10

Is this really "exciting football"? on 17:35 - Dec 4 by onehunglow

Cameron Tosh was crowing about how many passes we made today.
No points for passing Cam.

The thing is, Toshack woukd certainly know more about the whole picture than you..... He knows the process being put in place and he would tell you himself that this season is all about building stability to push on from.

Is this really "exciting football"? on 09:00 - Dec 5 with 934 viewsmagicdaps10

Is this really "exciting football"? on 08:49 - Dec 5 by Dr_Parnassus

I will say though, football forums don't tend to be the true voice of the supporter and are often massively skewed as people try to take what is perceived to be the popular opinion.

There was a lot of annoyed fans when the team was announced, tends to be overly positive on here though where any form of dissenting voice gets shouted down in favor of toeing the party line.

Out of curiosity DrP

Did you notice that faans were not happy when the line up was named whilst in the stadium
Or
Did you notice that via this forum or any other type of social media?

Taking into account that forums don't tend to be the true voice of the supporter and are often massively skewed.

Is this really "exciting football"? on 09:07 - Dec 5 with 926 viewsDr_Parnassus

Is this really "exciting football"? on 08:53 - Dec 5 by magicdaps10

I wouldn't disagree with that at all.

Only people who would argue or question that are the actual people who don't go.

We deserved more than we got out of that yesterday and the same can be said for a handful of games plus the penalties that we are not being given in games..... Could easily have more points in board but ultimately we are where we are AND where the majority of fans come the season start expected us realistically to be.

Its a transition season, we have a better idea where we need to strengthen hopefully in January and from there we can push on.

I do admire your incessant hunger to troll, I must say.

The fact you are willing to sacrifice your own reputation knowing you will come across as a bit of a buffoon is certainly admirable.

Is this really "exciting football"? on 09:10 - Dec 5 with 919 viewsmagicdaps10

Is this really "exciting football"? on 09:07 - Dec 5 by Dr_Parnassus

I do admire your incessant hunger to troll, I must say.

The fact you are willing to sacrifice your own reputation knowing you will come across as a bit of a buffoon is certainly admirable.

I take it that you were not at the game then!?!

As I said, ones who were not there will argue and even surprisingly throw in a personal insult.

Login to get fewer ads

Is this really "exciting football"? on 09:10 - Dec 5 with 918 viewsDr_Parnassus

Is this really "exciting football"? on 09:00 - Dec 5 by magicdaps10

Out of curiosity DrP

Did you notice that faans were not happy when the line up was named whilst in the stadium
Or
Did you notice that via this forum or any other type of social media?

Taking into account that forums don't tend to be the true voice of the supporter and are often massively skewed.

Which one are you asking, a forum or social media? You seem to have lumped them into one there, wonder why....

Question for you though. When you take your single view seat in the stadium, when the team gets announced do you have a bit of a whip round and start canvassing the stand on what they think regarding the selection?

How about after the game? Do you stand on your seat asking fans to come and let you know their thoughts before they exit and to form an orderly queue?

Or do you reckon you have absolutely no idea what the 16,000 people feel that go to watch but decide to pretend you do in order to troll and protect a pretty poor position on here?

You don't have to answer, it was rhetorical, I already know.

Is this really "exciting football"? on 09:11 - Dec 5 with 917 viewsmagicdaps10

Is this really "exciting football"? on 09:10 - Dec 5 by Dr_Parnassus

Which one are you asking, a forum or social media? You seem to have lumped them into one there, wonder why....

Question for you though. When you take your single view seat in the stadium, when the team gets announced do you have a bit of a whip round and start canvassing the stand on what they think regarding the selection?

How about after the game? Do you stand on your seat asking fans to come and let you know their thoughts before they exit and to form an orderly queue?

Or do you reckon you have absolutely no idea what the 16,000 people feel that go to watch but decide to pretend you do in order to troll and protect a pretty poor position on here?

You were not there then.

Is this really "exciting football"? on 09:13 - Dec 5 with 916 viewsFlynnidine_Zidownes

Is this really "exciting football"? on 20:41 - Dec 4 by PatchesOHoulihan

It was never about passing football when we wanted the change from cooper. It was about being a threat to the other team

Sadly at the moment sometimes we are and sometimes we’re not no matter whether we play short or long balls.

We need to be better next time, the signs are there that we can be, we just need to be better next time.

We were a threat yesterday. We created two clear one on ones with the keeper and didn’t score either. Paterson had a few good chances. Piroe had a shot well blocked. Cabango had a header from 6 yards he could have done better with. Manning hit the bar. People said we weren’t a threat against reading but we scored 2, keeper made some top saves and there were a number of goalmouth scrambles that we could have scored from.

Our issues lie in the goals against column, not goals for. The difference between this year and under Cooper is that under Cooper more often than not one goal was enough for a win. Now we have to score two or three because we are absolutely gifting most teams at least one goal.
Is this really "exciting football"? on 09:13 - Dec 5 with 915 viewsDr_Parnassus

Is this really "exciting football"? on 09:10 - Dec 5 by magicdaps10

I take it that you were not at the game then!?!

As I said, ones who were not there will argue and even surprisingly throw in a personal insult.

Of course not, I live in Australia as you know. I watch it via various camera angles, replays and overviews.

As I said, I will be interested to see your statistical canvassing analysis of the 16,000 attendees as you seem to think everyone left the stadium happy.

Did you go out of interest?

Is this really "exciting football"? on 09:14 - Dec 5 with 913 viewsDr_Parnassus

Is this really "exciting football"? on 09:11 - Dec 5 by magicdaps10

You were not there then.

And?

I wasn't on the set of Sharknado either, still a crap film.

Is this really "exciting football"? on 09:34 - Dec 5 with 872 viewsmagicdaps10

Is this really "exciting football"? on 09:10 - Dec 5 by Dr_Parnassus

I stand there like a mute not speaking to anyone.

Next time I will sit in a room with various cameras watching different angles.

Sounds like you had a lot of excitement watching the game.

So as you say, you were not there.

Is this really "exciting football"? on 09:39 - Dec 5 with 865 viewsDr_Parnassus

Is this really "exciting football"? on 09:34 - Dec 5 by magicdaps10

I stand there like a mute not speaking to anyone.

Next time I will sit in a room with various cameras watching different angles.

Sounds like you had a lot of excitement watching the game.

So as you say, you were not there.

So you are saying nobody in the stadium is unhappy when we play badly?

As you say, you do not talk to everyone to know that. You wouldn't even know 0.2% of opinion. Even that would be extremely, extremely unlikely.

I wasn't there no, but as I said, I don't need to be.

Just as nobody was on the set of Sharknado to know the film was crap, the various camera angles helped everyone come to that correct conclusion.

How long did it take you to get to the Riverside out of interest? Did you go?

(Again, I know the answer, don't need to reply).
[Post edited 5 Dec 2021 9:41]

Is this really "exciting football"? on 09:41 - Dec 5 with 858 viewsonehunglow

Is this really "exciting football"? on 09:13 - Dec 5 by Dr_Parnassus

Of course not, I live in Australia as you know. I watch it via various camera angles, replays and overviews.

As I said, I will be interested to see your statistical canvassing analysis of the 16,000 attendees as you seem to think everyone left the stadium happy.

Did you go out of interest?

What you see is what Daps and I do.What is on the silver screen is what is happening.In fact with TV,one sees more .All that is missed is the atmosphere.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Is this really "exciting football"? on 09:50 - Dec 5 with 845 viewsWhiterockin

Is this really "exciting football"? on 09:41 - Dec 5 by onehunglow

What you see is what Daps and I do.What is on the silver screen is what is happening.In fact with TV,one sees more .All that is missed is the atmosphere.

And quite possibly the enjoyment of the match. I have seen matches this season that we have not won and thoroughly enjoyed. An opinion I have heard voiced by many walking back to the car after games.
Is this really "exciting football"? on 09:54 - Dec 5 with 829 viewsDr_Parnassus

Is this really "exciting football"? on 09:50 - Dec 5 by Whiterockin

And quite possibly the enjoyment of the match. I have seen matches this season that we have not won and thoroughly enjoyed. An opinion I have heard voiced by many walking back to the car after games.

How many people do you reckon you hear having that conversation, that you happen to hear at that exact moment of it on the way back to the car out of interest.

Round it up to the nearest 2 for me.

Is this really "exciting football"? on 10:07 - Dec 5 with 811 viewsWhiterockin

Is this really "exciting football"? on 09:54 - Dec 5 by Dr_Parnassus

How many people do you reckon you hear having that conversation, that you happen to hear at that exact moment of it on the way back to the car out of interest.

Round it up to the nearest 2 for me.

As we gather round the area where Frankie and Bennies used the be to squeeze through the exit we are in a group of probably over a hundred, this where you are in a close proximity to hear what people are saying. This carries on up the path too where the roads are closed. As I say if you don't go you don't have a clue about these things. Also on busses returning from away games most have varying opinions but you can get a general consensus. Often this varies greatly to what you read on forums.
Is this really "exciting football"? on 10:14 - Dec 5 with 783 viewsonehunglow

Is this really "exciting football"? on 09:50 - Dec 5 by Whiterockin

Good for you.
I hate losing
I used to cheat at Hungry Hippos when the kids were young too.
I shattered my 5 yr olds stumps by a rising killer ball on West Kirby beach too.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Is this really "exciting football"? on 10:25 - Dec 5 with 770 viewsDr_Parnassus

Is this really "exciting football"? on 10:07 - Dec 5 by Whiterockin

As we gather round the area where Frankie and Bennies used the be to squeeze through the exit we are in a group of probably over a hundred, this where you are in a close proximity to hear what people are saying. This carries on up the path too where the roads are closed. As I say if you don't go you don't have a clue about these things. Also on busses returning from away games most have varying opinions but you can get a general consensus. Often this varies greatly to what you read on forums.

I just don’t believe it, people always over exaggerate with regards to this.

100 people all happen to be having the same conversation and a certain person in tune to all of the differing conversations happening and always happening to hone in on the exact part they want to. It’s like some kind of X-man remake.

16,000 people go to the Liberty. Even if you spoke to 100 people who all had the same conversation, that you heard at the exact part you wanted to, and ALL 100 people said the exact same thing you are claiming… that isn’t even close to 1% of the people.

If we play badly I would suggest there are an awful lot of people that leave the stadium unhappy. As a former multiple season ticket holder who has travelled all over the country across varying divisions watching us - I know that first hand.

Is this really "exciting football"? on 10:26 - Dec 5 with 765 viewsWhiterockin

Is this really "exciting football"? on 10:14 - Dec 5 by onehunglow

Good for you.
I hate losing
I used to cheat at Hungry Hippos when the kids were young too.
I shattered my 5 yr olds stumps by a rising killer ball on West Kirby beach too.

We are different people mate, nothing wrong with that.
Is this really "exciting football"? on 10:32 - Dec 5 with 752 viewsWhiterockin

Is this really "exciting football"? on 10:25 - Dec 5 by Dr_Parnassus

I just don’t believe it, people always over exaggerate with regards to this.

100 people all happen to be having the same conversation and a certain person in tune to all of the differing conversations happening and always happening to hone in on the exact part they want to. It’s like some kind of X-man remake.

16,000 people go to the Liberty. Even if you spoke to 100 people who all had the same conversation, that you heard at the exact part you wanted to, and ALL 100 people said the exact same thing you are claiming… that isn’t even close to 1% of the people.

If we play badly I would suggest there are an awful lot of people that leave the stadium unhappy. As a former multiple season ticket holder who has travelled all over the country across varying divisions watching us - I know that first hand.

That 100 changes every game and opinions do differ as with people on the coach, but you can take a majority as a consensus.

I will just leave this with you before I go out and enjoy the sunshine.
On the bus coming back from Wembley last season the majority by far thought it should be Coopers last game and more or less it was. Opinions of the true supporters are not far off the mark.
Is this really "exciting football"? on 10:35 - Dec 5 with 742 viewsDr_Parnassus

Is this really "exciting football"? on 10:32 - Dec 5 by Whiterockin

That 100 changes every game and opinions do differ as with people on the coach, but you can take a majority as a consensus.

I will just leave this with you before I go out and enjoy the sunshine.
On the bus coming back from Wembley last season the majority by far thought it should be Coopers last game and more or less it was. Opinions of the true supporters are not far off the mark.

That’s because supporters are usually pretty spoilt and lots have no idea what on earth they are watching, we see that time and time again from the crew that “just got back” yet get everything wrong from our formation, to how attacking we were to the in game tactics.

True supporters are those that support the club, not the manager. Managers come and go.

If the manager is making errors, true supporters aren’t afraid to say so be that in the ground or on supporters forums.

Is this really "exciting football"? on 11:07 - Dec 5 with 722 viewsbennytheblue

Is this really "exciting football"? on 10:35 - Dec 5 by Dr_Parnassus

That’s because supporters are usually pretty spoilt and lots have no idea what on earth they are watching, we see that time and time again from the crew that “just got back” yet get everything wrong from our formation, to how attacking we were to the in game tactics.

True supporters are those that support the club, not the manager. Managers come and go.

If the manager is making errors, true supporters aren’t afraid to say so be that in the ground or on supporters forums.

About time we had a yanks out thing going again? What place do you need to slip to for that to begin again?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024