Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is this really "exciting football"? 17:32 - Dec 4 with 8746 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Once again, our possession of the ball was more than double that of our opponents.

Yet, once again, we only just managed to convert our colossal domination of the ball into more attacks than our opponents

From 67% possession, we yielded just 113 attacks. Yet, from just 33% possession, Middlesbrough yielded 104 attacks.

We had 103% more possession of the ball, yet attempted only 9% more attacks throughout the game. That's scandalous and certainly isn't "exciting football" in my opinion.

It is little wonder we have so many clean sheets despite having such a nonsensical defensive approach. Imagine how many more attacks teams would achieve against us if we weren't aimlessly keeping possession amongst our 5 centre backs for a significant portion of the match.

This isn't exciting football. Too many Swansea City supporters equate possession with "exciting football". I'm hesitant to use the word brainwashed, but some supporters have certainly been conditioned to think this way.
[Post edited 4 Dec 2021 17:33]

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Is this really "exciting football"? on 11:12 - Dec 5 with 759 viewsDr_Parnassus

Is this really "exciting football"? on 11:07 - Dec 5 by bennytheblue

About time we had a yanks out thing going again? What place do you need to slip to for that to begin again?

Last season I said that in order for people to justify their stance on Cooper, they would attack the owners as opposed to the next manager should we start to underperform.

I stand by that, if we slip further down the league I very much expect some anti American voices come January.

I think that’s why there is some sort of cult following at the moment for Martin. The lack of critical analysis is frightening. Even when he makes glaring errors people convince themselves it’s part of some incredible genius vision that only he can see.
[Post edited 5 Dec 2021 11:15]

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Is this really "exciting football"? on 11:25 - Dec 5 with 742 viewsCatullus

Is this really "exciting football"? on 08:45 - Dec 5 by Dr_Parnassus

I highly doubt that is true, and of course would be impossible to gauge.

Not that it matters of course, I am sure film critics aren't on set when they do their reviews and I am sure food critics aren't in the kitchen.

Everyone is entitled to a view, if you think they are incorrect then put a counter forward. Whether they were there or watched with the benefit of multiple camera angles should be irrelevant.

Aren't those silly analogies?

Film critics will have watched the film, food critics will have eaten the food, that is what they are criticising, the end product.

For your analogy to be anywhere near the fans would have to be in the dressing room or on the training ground but we are not, we are either praising or criticisng the end product.

Did your multiple camera angles tell you fans weren't happy with team selection? If so, how, please?

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Is this really "exciting football"? on 11:28 - Dec 5 with 728 viewsDr_Parnassus

Is this really "exciting football"? on 11:25 - Dec 5 by Catullus

Film critics will have watched the film, food critics will have eaten the food, that is what they are criticising, the end product.

For your analogy to be anywhere near the fans would have to be in the dressing room or on the training ground but we are not, we are either praising or criticisng the end product.

Did your multiple camera angles tell you fans weren't happy with team selection? If so, how, please?

Not silly at all no, entirely appropriate.

Those watching at home will have watched the game, from all the angles. Those that have their single view seat often race home to watch the coverage to see the incidents they were not sure happened, there is a reason for that.

Did the view from the seat hear 16,000 conversations and be in tune with them all?

No.

What people see at home and the views on the poor performance will be the same as those watching in the ground. I think there may be some selective hearing going on… or some creative licence shall we say.

My extensive experience tells me that.

Nice to see you back after your meltdown. Let’s hope you behave from here on in.

Welcome back.
[Post edited 5 Dec 2021 11:33]

Is this really "exciting football"? on 11:54 - Dec 5 with 715 viewsmagicdaps10

Is this really "exciting football"? on 09:41 - Dec 5 by onehunglow

What you see is what Daps and I do.What is on the silver screen is what is happening.In fact with TV,one sees more .All that is missed is the atmosphere.

That's rubbish.

See far more at a game than in front of a TV.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Is this really "exciting football"? on 11:56 - Dec 5 with 714 viewsmagicdaps10

Is this really "exciting football"? on 11:25 - Dec 5 by Catullus

He watches the game from multiple cameras 😂😂😂

He must be a hoot when in his company 🤣

Is this really "exciting football"? on 11:59 - Dec 5 with 704 viewsDr_Parnassus

Is this really "exciting football"? on 11:56 - Dec 5 by magicdaps10

He watches the game from multiple cameras 😂😂😂

He must be a hoot when in his company 🤣

You think watching from multiple angles is done to be entertaining for company?

What an odd thing to say. Anyone would think you were trolling….

Is this really "exciting football"? on 12:00 - Dec 5 with 702 viewsDr_Parnassus

Is this really "exciting football"? on 11:54 - Dec 5 by magicdaps10

That's rubbish.

See far more at a game than in front of a TV.

Utter rubbish.

How long did it take you to get to the Riverside? How many you go up with?

Is this really "exciting football"? on 12:00 - Dec 5 with 710 viewsCatullus

Is this really "exciting football"? on 11:28 - Dec 5 by Dr_Parnassus

Not silly at all no, entirely appropriate.

Those watching at home will have watched the game, from all the angles. Those that have their single view seat often race home to watch the coverage to see the incidents they were not sure happened, there is a reason for that.

Did the view from the seat hear 16,000 conversations and be in tune with them all?

No.

What people see at home and the views on the poor performance will be the same as those watching in the ground. I think there may be some selective hearing going on… or some creative licence shall we say.

My extensive experience tells me that.

Nice to see you back after your meltdown. Let’s hope you behave from here on in.

Welcome back.
[Post edited 5 Dec 2021 11:33]

What meltdown would that be? Stop making things up.

Maybe you should try answering what I actually said. I said the analogies were silly and asked if your multiple views told you the fans weren't happy with team selection.

I pointed out why your analogies were wrong, but you brushed past that and went on to argue points I didn't make.

Where dd I mention conversations? Where did I compare the view at home to the view in the ground?

I merely pointed out that we are praising or criticising what we see in front of us, not what goes on in kitchens or film studios.... or dressing rooms and training pitches.
The end product is what we see, what we talk about.

As it goes, I do think that watching at home gives a different perspective because in th ground you can miss things, things happen off the ball. Whereas at home yo have th benefit of replays or rewinding and at half time and full time they sometimes show incidents that were missed, if another camera picked them up.

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Login to get fewer ads

Is this really "exciting football"? on 12:04 - Dec 5 with 700 viewsDr_Parnassus

Is this really "exciting football"? on 12:11 - Dec 5 with 689 viewsDr_Parnassus

Is this really "exciting football"? on 12:00 - Dec 5 by Catullus

Maybe you should try answering what I actually said. I said the analogies were silly and asked if your multiple views told you the fans weren't happy with team selection.

I pointed out why your analogies were wrong, but you brushed past that and went on to argue points I didn't make.

Where dd I mention conversations? Where did I compare the view at home to the view in the ground?

I merely pointed out that we are praising or criticising what we see in front of us, not what goes on in kitchens or film studios.... or dressing rooms and training pitches.

As it goes, I do think that watching at home gives a different perspective because in th ground you can miss things, things happen off the ball. Whereas at home yo have th benefit of replays or rewinding and at half time and full time they sometimes show incidents that were missed, if another camera picked them up.

The one where you were posting page after page saying you thought you were going to get banned because people were calling you out for causing trouble. Went on for days of walls of smileys and repeated sentences. You took a break so hope you have come back in better spirits.

What do you mean maybe I should try answering what you said? I did. Read it again. The analogies were spot on.

Those at the ground see the same as those on the TV. There is no difference between people that are lucky enough to live in proximity to the stadium and those that don’t, meaning conclusions will largely be the same.

Just as those on set on Sharknado would be as fully aware that the acting they were witnessing was as bad as those watching the movie on the screen.

The finished product on the pitch is the same on the TV as it is on the pitch. Although those that watch it at the stadium often wish to watch it again on the TV as they miss an awful lot at the stadium. I often used to text someone watching it on the TV if what I thought I saw happened actually did, they have the better view with the benefit of all the relevant angles.

So to sum up, it would be a little ludicrous to suggest those that attend the games leave defeats happy where as those that watch it on the TV are the ones that are unhappy. We are all essentially watching the same thing.

Is this really "exciting football"? on 12:18 - Dec 5 with 692 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

I do find it amusing when people say it is only the armchair supporters who criticise.

It wasn't long ago that a considerable percentage of attendees at The Swansea.com Stadium were booing Steve Cooper and his players off at half and full time most weeks, despite us actively fighting for the automatic promotion places well into the season.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Is this really "exciting football"? on 12:21 - Dec 5 with 679 viewsDr_Parnassus

Is this really "exciting football"? on 12:18 - Dec 5 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

I do find it amusing when people say it is only the armchair supporters who criticise.

It wasn't long ago that a considerable percentage of attendees at The Swansea.com Stadium were booing Steve Cooper and his players off at half and full time most weeks, despite us actively fighting for the automatic promotion places well into the season.

Indeed.

My views on the game from the other side of the world align with results. It’s just the normal and common sense approach.

If Martin can get us promoted and wins most weeks then he will be up there with one of my favourite managers. If he continues to be stubborn and continues to underperform then no doubt people will criticise.

This has been the way of the world forever. It’s only since the Martin cult-like stuff has started this year that people are pretending that it’s abnormal behaviour. The objectivity has completely disappeared from many quarters.

Is this really "exciting football"? on 12:23 - Dec 5 with 680 viewsCatullus

Is this really "exciting football"? on 12:11 - Dec 5 by Dr_Parnassus

The one where you were posting page after page saying you thought you were going to get banned because people were calling you out for causing trouble. Went on for days of walls of smileys and repeated sentences. You took a break so hope you have come back in better spirits.

What do you mean maybe I should try answering what you said? I did. Read it again. The analogies were spot on.

Those at the ground see the same as those on the TV. There is no difference between people that are lucky enough to live in proximity to the stadium and those that don’t, meaning conclusions will largely be the same.

Just as those on set on Sharknado would be as fully aware that the acting they were witnessing was as bad as those watching the movie on the screen.

The finished product on the pitch is the same on the TV as it is on the pitch. Although those that watch it at the stadium often wish to watch it again on the TV as they miss an awful lot at the stadium. I often used to text someone watching it on the TV if what I thought I saw happened actually did, they have the better view with the benefit of all the relevant angles.

So to sum up, it would be a little ludicrous to suggest those that attend the games leave defeats happy where as those that watch it on the TV are the ones that are unhappy. We are all essentially watching the same thing.

You really have lost it; I had no such meltdown. Who are you confusing me with? I use the odd smiley but I have never posted "walls of smileys"

The analogies are rubbish, and you know it but having posted them you will defend them to the hilt, and it'd turn into a perpetual, mind numbingly boring barrage of posts about why you are right even though you are not.

Those watching on set are not film critics, are they? They are workers being paid to do something, even if it is crap.
Maybe all of us home fans should turn upon the training pitch and insist on being allowed to coach the team? Then we'd be "on set" too and could see how crap it was before matchday? You clearly can't see how ridiculous the idea is.

Your last paragraph, again, I never made that argument. It's you again, arguing things that weren't said.
That, in conjunction with your thought that I had that meltdown leads me to ask, are you losing it?

Is this really "exciting football"? on 12:30 - Dec 5 with 658 viewsDr_Parnassus

Is this really "exciting football"? on 12:23 - Dec 5 by Catullus

You really have lost it; I had no such meltdown. Who are you confusing me with? I use the odd smiley but I have never posted "walls of smileys"

The analogies are rubbish, and you know it but having posted them you will defend them to the hilt, and it'd turn into a perpetual, mind numbingly boring barrage of posts about why you are right even though you are not.

Those watching on set are not film critics, are they? They are workers being paid to do something, even if it is crap.
Maybe all of us home fans should turn upon the training pitch and insist on being allowed to coach the team? Then we'd be "on set" too and could see how crap it was before matchday? You clearly can't see how ridiculous the idea is.

Your last paragraph, again, I never made that argument. It's you again, arguing things that weren't said.
That, in conjunction with your thought that I had that meltdown leads me to ask, are you losing it?

Ah I thought you were Itchy for a second, my apologies.

I often get the two of you confused, you post similar sorts of stuff whenever I post. Just whatever you can in order to try and score a point before I explain why it doesn’t work.

So on the meltdown stuff I take it back.

But the analogies are spot on.

Those eating the finished product at the table will be tasting the same things those who watched it being prepared in the kitchen, those on set of a film will be fully aware of the quality of acting as those watching in the cinema - those watching a match at home will be watching the same thing those on the ground will be.

If you can’t see the similarities then I can’t help you further, it’s not often you do see what is put to you. Or at least you pretend you don’t, either one.

Is this really "exciting football"? on 12:30 - Dec 5 with 664 viewsTreforys_Jack

Think you're confusing Cats with someone else, unless he has another username and you're bring cryptic, not know him have a meltdown tbh.
Is this really "exciting football"? on 12:39 - Dec 5 with 654 viewsCatullus

Is this really "exciting football"? on 12:30 - Dec 5 by Treforys_Jack

Think you're confusing Cats with someone else, unless he has another username and you're bring cryptic, not know him have a meltdown tbh.

I don't have another username; I think Dr P has gone around in so many circles he's confused himself.
I guess that can happen when you have so many people telling you, you're wrong, you lose track.
As he has a monopoly on common sense and logic, I'm sure he'll figure it out. Or maybe he's off trying to search out proof, which he won't find!

Is this really "exciting football"? on 12:41 - Dec 5 with 651 viewsmagicdaps10

He likes using the "meltdown" line as a tool.

Guys a narcissist of the highest order and can't even see it at the slightest.
He questions you and he is putting you straight.
Question him and you are trolling.

Ask him a question and he never answers, he generally will come back with a question and then call you out when you don't answer his question.

He likes a red pen and making a circle with it.

He never takes a bet put to him, likes to adapt the bet to suit him..... He then likes the "put up or shut up" line even though he shiite out of taking the original bet.

Watched plenty of games in a stadium and on TV.... Being at the game is a far better experience and you pick up more from it.
He is just arguing the fact because he is making claims whilst watching it on TV and not being at the game.... He isn't going to agree that being at the game that you will see more because it ultimately means his opinion means diddly squat.

Oh yeah, he will argue black is blue just to save face and the best for last.... He is never wrong 😂

Is this really "exciting football"? on 12:42 - Dec 5 with 649 viewsmagicdaps10

Is this really "exciting football"? on 12:39 - Dec 5 by Catullus

I don't have another username; I think Dr P has gone around in so many circles he's confused himself.
I guess that can happen when you have so many people telling you, you're wrong, you lose track.
As he has a monopoly on common sense and logic, I'm sure he'll figure it out. Or maybe he's off trying to search out proof, which he won't find!

The red pens coming out 😂

Big circles 🤣

Is this really "exciting football"? on 12:43 - Dec 5 with 639 viewsDr_Parnassus

Is this really "exciting football"? on 12:39 - Dec 5 by Catullus

Calm down, and read the post that I very graciously replied with, otherwise this meltdown will become a self fulfilling prophecy.

Breathe mate, breathe.

Both yourself and Itchy get excited whenever I post and usually post some sort of nonsense until you realise you are wrong and skulk away.

I mixed you two up, easy mistake to make given both of your attitudes and content are almost identical.

Is this really "exciting football"? on 12:47 - Dec 5 with 641 viewsFireboy2

Is this really "exciting football"? on 12:18 - Dec 5 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Fans who go to games have a right to criticise as they have paid good money and taken time to watch, something you will never understand.

And i keep saying to you what's the WE s@#$?
Is this really "exciting football"? on 12:48 - Dec 5 with 635 viewsDr_Parnassus

Is this really "exciting football"? on 12:41 - Dec 5 by magicdaps10

He likes using the "meltdown" line as a tool.

Guys a narcissist of the highest order and can't even see it at the slightest.
He questions you and he is putting you straight.
Question him and you are trolling.

Ask him a question and he never answers, he generally will come back with a question and then call you out when you don't answer his question.

He likes a red pen and making a circle with it.

He never takes a bet put to him, likes to adapt the bet to suit him..... He then likes the "put up or shut up" line even though he shiite out of taking the original bet.

Watched plenty of games in a stadium and on TV.... Being at the game is a far better experience and you pick up more from it.
He is just arguing the fact because he is making claims whilst watching it on TV and not being at the game.... He isn't going to agree that being at the game that you will see more because it ultimately means his opinion means diddly squat.

Oh yeah, he will argue black is blue just to save face and the best for last.... He is never wrong 😂

I use meltdown whenever someone has one, you have had many.

People are more than welcome to question me. Do you have an example there of a genuine question put to me? Happy to take another look if you think I was unfair in my summary.

I definitely like the red pen and the circle yes, it tends to wind the people up who wish to hide the facts that they highlight. It’s a wonderful addition to my posting.

I take every single bet offered to me which represents what I have stated. Do you have an example of a bet put to me which matched my views that I have refused?

I don’t think you would find a single one.

If you think you see more being at the game and your views are formed from that, then that is terrifying with the amount you regularly get wrong.

How long did it take you to get to the Riverside? (Lol).

Is this really "exciting football"? on 12:50 - Dec 5 with 630 viewsDr_Parnassus

Is this really "exciting football"? on 12:47 - Dec 5 by Fireboy2

Fans who go to games have a right to criticise as they have paid good money and taken time to watch, something you will never understand.

And i keep saying to you what's the WE s@#$?

Those that go to the game have no more right to criticise than those that don’t.

It’s far harder for someone like me to watch until 4am every weekend than someone who lives 5 mins from the ground at 3pm, of that I can assure you.

Those that watch from home also pay good money for the privilege.

Is this really "exciting football"? on 12:53 - Dec 5 with 628 viewsmagicdaps10

Is this really "exciting football"? on 12:48 - Dec 5 by Dr_Parnassus

I use meltdown whenever someone has one, you have had many.

People are more than welcome to question me. Do you have an example there of a genuine question put to me? Happy to take another look if you think I was unfair in my summary.

I definitely like the red pen and the circle yes, it tends to wind the people up who wish to hide the facts that they highlight. It’s a wonderful addition to my posting.

I take every single bet offered to me which represents what I have stated. Do you have an example of a bet put to me which matched my views that I have refused?

I don’t think you would find a single one.

If you think you see more being at the game and your views are formed from that, then that is terrifying with the amount you regularly get wrong.

How long did it take you to get to the Riverside? (Lol).

Thank you for backing up everything that I said.

My next prediction, you will have to reply because you stand up for yourself, you put people straight and your the voice of reason

NOT

Because you are an addictive individual who feels having the last say means you are in control and in your little head makes you correct.

Is this really "exciting football"? on 12:56 - Dec 5 with 621 viewsDr_Parnassus

Is this really "exciting football"? on 12:53 - Dec 5 by magicdaps10

Thank you for backing up everything that I said.

My next prediction, you will have to reply because you stand up for yourself, you put people straight and your the voice of reason

NOT

Because you are an addictive individual who feels having the last say means you are in control and in your little head makes you correct.

Where do you think I have backed up everything you said?

I disagreed and asked for an example knowing that you couldn’t provide anything, which I was proven correct again it seems.

Being correct makes me feel I am correct, having the last word doesn’t enter my head. It is usually a case of a question I have asked being unable to be answered.

Like how long it took you to get to the Riverside… and if you can provide me an example of a bet I have refused along with a quote of mine stating that my view aligned with the bet that was offered.

Take your time Tarzan.

Is this really "exciting football"? on 13:02 - Dec 5 with 610 viewsCatullus

Is this really "exciting football"? on 12:43 - Dec 5 by Dr_Parnassus

Calm down, and read the post that I very graciously replied with, otherwise this meltdown will become a self fulfilling prophecy.

Breathe mate, breathe.

Both yourself and Itchy get excited whenever I post and usually post some sort of nonsense until you realise you are wrong and skulk away.

I mixed you two up, easy mistake to make given both of your attitudes and content are almost identical.

Ummm, I didn't see your post. I replied to Treforys, do calm down. I didn't see it because you are on ignore and I have to log out to see your posts.

As for getting excited, it's hard to get excited over things you don't often see. In fact, I got bored seeing your interminably long, blowhard replies, which I why you are on ignore.

You are also wrong about me and itchy, we often disagree, specially about politics.

PS, I always try to breathe, its hard going otherwise. Also, I don't skulk away. I leave because I get bored with your bluster. It doesn't mean I have lost.

Take today, this is my last answer to you because I am right and no longer need to answer you, whatever you post, which is never gracious.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024