Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mr Cooper 14:56 - Dec 5 with 3150 viewsbuilthjack

What reception will he get then ?

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Mr Cooper on 15:03 - Dec 5 with 1573 viewsFlynnidine_Zidownes

I can never get reception down there. 3G at best.
Mr Cooper on 15:06 - Dec 5 with 1564 viewsbuilthjack

Mr Cooper on 15:03 - Dec 5 by Flynnidine_Zidownes

I can never get reception down there. 3G at best.

It's pretty hopeless yes.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Mr Cooper on 15:07 - Dec 5 with 1561 viewsKeithHaynes

Claps and booing, normal.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Mr Cooper on 15:09 - Dec 5 with 1555 viewsbuilthjack

Mr Cooper on 15:07 - Dec 5 by KeithHaynes

Claps and booing, normal.

If we are winning it will be Cheer up Stevie Cooper

Mr Cooper on 15:17 - Dec 5 with 1534 viewsfbreath

I wonder how early his fan club on this site will be getting to the ground for a glimpse of their messiah.

We are the first Welsh club to reach the Premier League Simples

Mr Cooper on 15:19 - Dec 5 with 1528 viewsbuilthjack

Mr Cooper on 15:17 - Dec 5 by fbreath

I wonder how early his fan club on this site will be getting to the ground for a glimpse of their messiah.

They really watch live football?

Mr Cooper on 15:20 - Dec 5 with 1524 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

The supporters in the stadium would boo him when he was overseeing our fight for automatic promotion deep into the season, so I wouldn't expect him to receive a favourable reception as an opposition manager.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Mr Cooper on 15:22 - Dec 5 with 1521 viewsFireboy2

Mr Cooper on 15:20 - Dec 5 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

The supporters in the stadium would boo him when he was overseeing our fight for automatic promotion deep into the season, so I wouldn't expect him to receive a favourable reception as an opposition manager.

Well you won't be there to see it will you.
Login to get fewer ads

Mr Cooper on 15:22 - Dec 5 with 1518 viewsbuilthjack

Mr Cooper on 15:20 - Dec 5 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Do you sit/stand in the east?

Mr Cooper on 15:34 - Dec 5 with 1490 viewsgrabsplatter

He's not our manager so complete apathy.
I've no intention of booing or clapping.
Mr Cooper on 15:44 - Dec 5 with 1467 viewsDr_Parnassus

A lot of people dug their trenches with regards to Cooper, so a bad reception I would have thought as their views are now weakened by Forests form and our dip.

Those that remained sensible and acknowledged his achievements and continue to correct those that create myths in order to bridge those trenches will just be apathetic I’d have thought.

Appreciate what he did for us, but have no feelings towards the man. Hope we are able to inflict defeat on him for the second time since he took the helm.

We will be favourites to at a price of 6/5.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Mr Cooper on 15:53 - Dec 5 with 1466 viewsFireboy2

Mr Cooper on 15:34 - Dec 5 by grabsplatter

Is the correct answer 👍
Mr Cooper on 15:53 - Dec 5 with 1464 viewsThornburyswan

Mr Cooper on 15:34 - Dec 5 by grabsplatter

This with bells on.
Mr Cooper on 16:15 - Dec 5 with 1431 viewsKeithHaynes

Mr Cooper on 15:44 - Dec 5 by Dr_Parnassus

A lot of people dug their trenches with regards to Cooper, so a bad reception I would have thought as their views are now weakened by Forests form and our dip.

Those that remained sensible and acknowledged his achievements and continue to correct those that create myths in order to bridge those trenches will just be apathetic I’d have thought.

Appreciate what he did for us, but have no feelings towards the man. Hope we are able to inflict defeat on him for the second time since he took the helm.

As you know as swans manager we featured him heavily covering his aspirational leadership with young players, his training and developmental techniques and ability to communicate with his squad. He is a superb manager, the features we did on his pathway to where he is now were extremely admirable and complimentary. However, now he is no longer at Swansea.

I hope we batter them 😉

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Mr Cooper on 19:25 - Dec 5 with 1321 viewsDr_Parnassus

Mr Cooper on 16:15 - Dec 5 by KeithHaynes

As you know as swans manager we featured him heavily covering his aspirational leadership with young players, his training and developmental techniques and ability to communicate with his squad. He is a superb manager, the features we did on his pathway to where he is now were extremely admirable and complimentary. However, now he is no longer at Swansea.

I hope we batter them 😉

There has definitely been a theme on here of anti Cooper sentiment. Some of the stuff levelled at him I thought was pretty awful, some of this while he was still our manager too.

Still some pretty regular and clear digs at him too that don’t necessarily represent reality, sometimes the opposite. Cornys latest article also took a couple of swipes at him which I pointed out in the thread seemed a bit unfair and unfounded.

But I was more talking about the posters on the site than the site itself because as you pointed out there has been some good stuff too in the articles. Some posters on here have proper Cooperitis.

Mr Cooper on 19:32 - Dec 5 with 1323 viewsTreforys_Jack

He did extremely well for us results wise, but no longer any concern of mine, so not really bothered what reception he gets, I'd like it to be respectful bit it probably won't be.
Mr Cooper on 22:49 - Dec 6 with 1101 viewsSirjohnalot

Mr Cooper on 19:32 - Dec 5 by Treforys_Jack

He did extremely well for us results wise, but no longer any concern of mine, so not really bothered what reception he gets, I'd like it to be respectful bit it probably won't be.

He’s a bloke who had a job working for the team I support, he now has a job in another team. We’ve now got another bloke working for us who’ll get a job elsewhere in a couple of years.

Seems a bit daft to boo a bloke who’s doing that….mind you saw a lad in my local Tescos the other day who used to work there but is now on the tills as Asda, he got kicked up the arse by Brenda from the butchers section and chased down the A6.

Judas
Mr Cooper on 23:10 - Dec 6 with 1084 viewsAndyCole

Mr Cooper on 15:44 - Dec 5 by Dr_Parnassus

'A lot of people' meaning the dimmer forumites, the keyboard warriors, most of which have never played to a decent level, most of which were the last pick when picking teams in the school playground.

Yet 75% of the populace voted to retain Cooper at the end of the season. The rational, thinking types that appreciated everything he accomplished on a relative shoestring, with a team built on Hwyl, endeavour, skill and an undying bouncebackability.

Yet the few shouty twps say he failed, he failed to deliver promo.

Had it not been for Coops, we would not have been remotely near the mix for promo, with the squad we had.

Cooper overachieved, in reality. Yet the twps bleat how he underachieved by not getting us promo. Go figure. And go get some education, the sheeple.

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

Mr Cooper on 23:33 - Dec 6 with 1068 viewsFireboy2

Mr Cooper on 23:10 - Dec 6 by AndyCole

'A lot of people' meaning the dimmer forumites, the keyboard warriors, most of which have never played to a decent level, most of which were the last pick when picking teams in the school playground.

Yet 75% of the populace voted to retain Cooper at the end of the season. The rational, thinking types that appreciated everything he accomplished on a relative shoestring, with a team built on Hwyl, endeavour, skill and an undying bouncebackability.

Had it not been for Coops, we would not have been remotely near the mix for promo, with the squad we had.

Cooper overachieved, in reality. Yet the twps bleat how he underachieved by not getting us promo. Go figure. And go get some education, the sheeple.

Shouldn't you be back in Cefn Coed by now, its time for your medication.
Mr Cooper on 04:16 - Dec 7 with 1019 viewsWhiterockin

Mr Cooper on 23:10 - Dec 6 by AndyCole

Lets call a spade a spade here.
Coopers first season in charge we fell into the play offs on the last day of the season due to freak results and bottled the play offs. His second season we, again fell into the play offs, after messing up a excellent chance of going up automatically. Then in the final we bottled it completely 2-0 down after 20 minutes and didn't even have a shot on target after a totally lacklustre display without any passion (and yes on that day we had a higher possession percentage, those knocking Martin should remember that). Those with rose tinted glasses should look beyond the headlines.

Anyway he's gone and will have no reaction from me either way, as it should be when ex managers return. I would make an exception if we play Leicester in the cup.
Mr Cooper on 06:05 - Dec 7 with 971 viewsDr_Parnassus

Mr Cooper on 04:16 - Dec 7 by Whiterockin

Coopers first season in charge we fell into the play offs on the last day of the season due to freak results and bottled the play offs. His second season we, again fell into the play offs, after messing up a excellent chance of going up automatically. Then in the final we bottled it completely 2-0 down after 20 minutes and didn't even have a shot on target after a totally lacklustre display without any passion (and yes on that day we had a higher possession percentage, those knocking Martin should remember that). Those with rose tinted glasses should look beyond the headlines.

Anyway he's gone and will have no reaction from me either way, as it should be when ex managers return. I would make an exception if we play Leicester in the cup.

You don't ''fall'' into the play-offs, you have to do a hell of a lot right before you can begin to rely on other results.

First season we had to go away and beat Reading by 3 clear goals for a start, which we did. We did what we could control, that after losing a host of star players from the 10th place finish the year before and getting almost nothing to spend (500k).

Second season we finished on 80 points, our joint record points tally in that league and 10 points clear of 7th place. That isn't ''falling into'' the play offs. That's incredibly dishonest to suggest so. 10 points is one hell of a margin.

We had a great chance to go up automatically because we were playing well above our levels for an extremely long period of time, the fact we can say we had a good chance of auto promotion with the teams we were competing with was the success in itself.

I'm afraid you aren't calling a spade a spade there. You are fraudulently misrepresenting excellent achievements.

I would rather compete in the upper echelons of the league and lose in a play off final than be a bottom half team with no real prospect of play-off finals any day of the week.

IF you think its a failure to get there and lose then its a catastrophe to never get there at all.
[Post edited 7 Dec 2021 6:09]

Mr Cooper on 10:14 - Dec 7 with 893 viewsOptimisticJack

Mr Cooper on 04:16 - Dec 7 by Whiterockin

Good post that and agree wholeheartedly.
Would like to add that I suspect Cooper's head had been turned prior to the Wembley final.
Also hope there will not be a love in for Tatey during the game
Clap him after the game - Yes but during the game he will be more desperate than anyone to beat us.

Optimisticjack

Mr Cooper on 10:17 - Dec 7 with 885 viewsDr_Parnassus

Mr Cooper on 10:14 - Dec 7 by OptimisticJack

Good post that and agree wholeheartedly.
Would like to add that I suspect Cooper's head had been turned prior to the Wembley final.
Also hope there will not be a love in for Tatey during the game
Clap him after the game - Yes but during the game he will be more desperate than anyone to beat us.

You agree wholeheartedly that we fell into the play-offs despite finishing 10 points above 7th?

I am amazed anyone agreed with that to be honest, but nothing should surprise me when it comes to people and the views that get twisted when it comes to Cooper.

Mr Cooper on 10:23 - Dec 7 with 877 viewsOptimisticJack

Mr Cooper on 10:17 - Dec 7 by Dr_Parnassus

You agree wholeheartedly that we fell into the play-offs despite finishing 10 points above 7th?

I am amazed anyone agreed with that to be honest, but nothing should surprise me when it comes to people and the views that get twisted when it comes to Cooper.

Something went seriously wrong around February.
Up until then our defence was amazingly tight. Probably the best Swans defence I've seen for years.
For some reason we went to pieces after that.
Many of our performances were woeful and we limped over the line into the play offs.
Anyway its all history now.
Enjoying watching us far more these days.

Optimisticjack

Mr Cooper on 10:33 - Dec 7 with 861 viewsDr_Parnassus

Mr Cooper on 10:23 - Dec 7 by OptimisticJack

Something went seriously wrong around February.
Up until then our defence was amazingly tight. Probably the best Swans defence I've seen for years.
For some reason we went to pieces after that.
Many of our performances were woeful and we limped over the line into the play offs.
Anyway its all history now.
Enjoying watching us far more these days.

But we didn't fall into the play-offs, it is incorrect to say that.

We equaled our points record in the division held by Brendan who had the greatest football league squad we have ever had.

We entered January, 7 points clear in the play-offs, we ended the season 10 points clear, we extended the gap. Our second half of the season only yielded 6 less points than our first half.

Even if we kept the form of the first half of the season up, we would still have been 5 points short of automatic, so the notion we blew automatics is also factually incorrect.

In reality, Cooper asked for an out and out striker in January and didn't get it. We then had a spate of injuries and with the small squad we had in terms of quality, the weight of games caught up with us.

We were more attacking under Cooper than we are under Martin, that is also showing in our output which is why we are bottom half.

If people are enjoying it then all power to them. I happen to believe however that if Cooper stayed and said he was changing the style, spent nearly 5m and then performed exactly how we have this season.... he would be slated every week by those claiming to be enjoying it.

I really have no doubt about that.
[Post edited 7 Dec 2021 10:39]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024