Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Club borrowing more money? 18:15 - Dec 20 with 2693 viewsChief

https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/00123414/fili

19th December - looks like we're borrowing from an Australian bank as a sort of advance on Joe Rodon fee?

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Club borrowing more money? on 18:22 - Dec 20 with 2296 viewsKeithHaynes

Looks like it Chief. I’m pretty certain this is normal practice though.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Club borrowing more money? on 18:27 - Dec 20 with 2286 viewsChief

Club borrowing more money? on 18:22 - Dec 20 by KeithHaynes

Looks like it Chief. I’m pretty certain this is normal practice though.

Yea, like a bridging loan?

Club borrowing more money? on 18:30 - Dec 20 with 2275 viewsThornburyswan

Yeh looks like the club has ‘sold’ the final two payments due from Spurs on Rodon to generate a cash facility now - may not have drawn on it yet but it’s clearly available if/when required so without knowing that technically not a debt but does confirm cash is very tight.
Club borrowing more money? on 18:42 - Dec 20 with 2260 viewsBillyChong

So Spurs were paying £2.75m a year over 4 years for Joe? Minus from the profit any costs associated with this loan. Maybe this is the sort of thing Silverstein is looking to tighten up on. Wonder if we even managed to get a sell on clause out of Levy?
Club borrowing more money? on 18:50 - Dec 20 with 2242 viewsReslovenSwan1

Club borrowing more money? on 18:42 - Dec 20 by BillyChong

So Spurs were paying £2.75m a year over 4 years for Joe? Minus from the profit any costs associated with this loan. Maybe this is the sort of thing Silverstein is looking to tighten up on. Wonder if we even managed to get a sell on clause out of Levy?

It was reported the performance related fee was £15m (an extra £4m based on appearance targets) . If Spurs are not convinced of Rodon then Conte will be instructed not to play him. unless absolutely necessary.

I expect him to get sold in 2022.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Club borrowing more money? on 18:56 - Dec 20 with 2228 viewsThornburyswan

Club borrowing more money? on 18:42 - Dec 20 by BillyChong

Think the press reported £11M rising to a possible £15M so guess this is the 3rd & 4th payments which would take us to the £11M point - no clue what the conditions are to get more than that but noting Spurs lack of trophies & Rodon’s lack of matches suspect we won’t be seeing much of it.
Club borrowing more money? on 18:57 - Dec 20 with 2228 viewsCatullus

Club borrowing more money? on 18:30 - Dec 20 by Thornburyswan

Yeh looks like the club has ‘sold’ the final two payments due from Spurs on Rodon to generate a cash facility now - may not have drawn on it yet but it’s clearly available if/when required so without knowing that technically not a debt but does confirm cash is very tight.

Is cash that tight? Or are they getting some money ready for the January window? We are apparently looking at signing several players, would we do that if money were that tight?

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Club borrowing more money? on 18:58 - Dec 20 with 2226 viewsKeithHaynes

Club borrowing more money? on 18:30 - Dec 20 by Thornburyswan

If it comes together quickly, it could be utilised for January, not sure of the time limits on it.
And of course any conditions.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Login to get fewer ads

Club borrowing more money? on 18:58 - Dec 20 with 2226 viewsChief

Club borrowing more money? on 18:50 - Dec 20 by ReslovenSwan1

It was reported the performance related fee was £15m (an extra £4m based on appearance targets) . If Spurs are not convinced of Rodon then Conte will be instructed not to play him. unless absolutely necessary.

I expect him to get sold in 2022.

*£11million raising to £15million just to clarify.

Not a total of £19million.

Club borrowing more money? on 19:08 - Dec 20 with 2208 viewsThornburyswan

Club borrowing more money? on 18:58 - Dec 20 by KeithHaynes

If it comes together quickly, it could be utilised for January, not sure of the time limits on it.
And of course any conditions.

Yes - with the charge already registered with Companies House - usually done at or just after facility is signed off - funds should be available immediately if/when required.
Club borrowing more money? on 19:36 - Dec 20 with 2160 viewsmarchamjack

Club borrowing more money? on 19:08 - Dec 20 by Thornburyswan

Yes - with the charge already registered with Companies House - usually done at or just after facility is signed off - funds should be available immediately if/when required.

So could this be the money that Silverstein is now lined up to spend in Jan, rather than any ‘investment’ that the Americans and their supporters will claim has been brought into the club by them to fund January signings? Just asking

Oh,..Dave, what's occuring?

Club borrowing more money? on 20:42 - Dec 20 with 2125 viewsThornburyswan

Club borrowing more money? on 19:36 - Dec 20 by marchamjack

So could this be the money that Silverstein is now lined up to spend in Jan, rather than any ‘investment’ that the Americans and their supporters will claim has been brought into the club by them to fund January signings? Just asking

I guess it could be, we’ll find out in the next 4/5 weeks!
Club borrowing more money? on 17:21 - Dec 21 with 1943 viewsReslovenSwan1

Club borrowing more money? on 19:36 - Dec 20 by marchamjack

I am a supporter of the US ownership. They are running the club as it was run before but this time with some investment. I am not exactly sure but the "old guard" that had huge success without investment may still have an influence. I hope so.

Winter is not American and has stated on record that the convertible loan note is £10m to £13m . I d not know why there is a spread. Perhaps the other £3m is in the process of being acquired.

It is not "a claim". Winter cannot make it up.

Silverstien has put money into the CLN and wants to make sure it is spent wisely. The club has had two catastrophically bad windows. The Bony 2, Clucas, Mesa, Sanches window (about £40m) and the Celina , McKay, John, Asoro window (£7m)

Potter could have got Swansea promoted if he had spent that £7m better.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Club borrowing more money? on 17:50 - Dec 21 with 1923 viewsChief

Club borrowing more money? on 17:21 - Dec 21 by ReslovenSwan1

I am a supporter of the US ownership. They are running the club as it was run before but this time with some investment. I am not exactly sure but the "old guard" that had huge success without investment may still have an influence. I hope so.

Winter is not American and has stated on record that the convertible loan note is £10m to £13m . I d not know why there is a spread. Perhaps the other £3m is in the process of being acquired.

It is not "a claim". Winter cannot make it up.

Silverstien has put money into the CLN and wants to make sure it is spent wisely. The club has had two catastrophically bad windows. The Bony 2, Clucas, Mesa, Sanches window (about £40m) and the Celina , McKay, John, Asoro window (£7m)

Potter could have got Swansea promoted if he had spent that £7m better.

Judging by the news of us taking an advance on the Rodon money and Winter talking about a new CLN, it seems possible that the original CLN has been spent already.
[Post edited 21 Dec 2021 17:51]

Club borrowing more money? on 21:55 - Dec 21 with 1855 viewsjasper_T

Club borrowing more money? on 18:57 - Dec 20 by Catullus

Is cash that tight? Or are they getting some money ready for the January window? We are apparently looking at signing several players, would we do that if money were that tight?

Cash was that tight even when we were in the PL. All the big sales involved selling future payments to banks for upfront cash, and we even did it with the TV money.

I thought Spurs were able to get Rodon so cheap because they paid it all up front, but apparently not.
Club borrowing more money? on 22:20 - Dec 21 with 1841 viewsChief

Club borrowing more money? on 21:55 - Dec 21 by jasper_T

Cash was that tight even when we were in the PL. All the big sales involved selling future payments to banks for upfront cash, and we even did it with the TV money.

I thought Spurs were able to get Rodon so cheap because they paid it all up front, but apparently not.

Yes that's right, some posters justified what was seen as a low fee because it was up front 'to help us through Covid'.

Club borrowing more money? on 22:43 - Dec 21 with 1832 viewsmajorraglan

Club borrowing more money? on 22:20 - Dec 21 by Chief

Yes that's right, some posters justified what was seen as a low fee because it was up front 'to help us through Covid'.

Cashing in the instalments will, in effect mean the club sold Rodon for a fair chunk of cash less than we’d hoped. Not good.
Club borrowing more money? on 22:56 - Dec 21 with 1828 viewsChief

Club borrowing more money? on 22:43 - Dec 21 by majorraglan

Cashing in the instalments will, in effect mean the club sold Rodon for a fair chunk of cash less than we’d hoped. Not good.

Yea less than the reported fee which I thought was already too low.

Club borrowing more money? on 07:47 - Dec 22 with 1762 viewsWhiterockin

Club borrowing more money? on 22:56 - Dec 21 by Chief

Yea less than the reported fee which I thought was already too low.

Plus when you take into account the charges with the loan, against future payment from Spurs, the net we actually get paid will be much less.
Club borrowing more money? on 09:03 - Dec 22 with 1708 viewsCatullus

Club borrowing more money? on 21:55 - Dec 21 by jasper_T

The difference was (in the EPL) we started spending before we had the EPL income, wage rises, transfer fees and we had no cash to cover it.

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Club borrowing more money? on 10:06 - Dec 22 with 1668 viewsjasper_T

Club borrowing more money? on 09:03 - Dec 22 by Catullus

The difference was (in the EPL) we started spending before we had the EPL income, wage rises, transfer fees and we had no cash to cover it.

Why would we have cash now? Almost every Championship club is spending more than 100% of their income on wages, and we spent £4m+ in transfer fees in the summer (plus agents and whatever compensation Martin's team required).
Club borrowing more money? on 14:07 - Dec 22 with 1584 viewsCatullus

Club borrowing more money? on 10:06 - Dec 22 by jasper_T

Why would we have cash now? Almost every Championship club is spending more than 100% of their income on wages, and we spent £4m+ in transfer fees in the summer (plus agents and whatever compensation Martin's team required).

What were our outgoings compared to our transfer income?

How much is our wage bill as a percentage of income?

As I asked, are they lining up some cash ready for the transfer window?

Many other clubs in our division are in financial hardship. We however, seem to be on fairly steady ground.

Club borrowing more money? on 15:03 - Dec 22 with 1533 viewsmax936

Club borrowing more money? on 14:07 - Dec 22 by Catullus

What were our outgoings compared to our transfer income?

How much is our wage bill as a percentage of income?

As I asked, are they lining up some cash ready for the transfer window?

Many other clubs in our division are in financial hardship. We however, seem to be on fairly steady ground.

Mindi is pouring her wealth into the club mun, even though she probably doesn't know where Swansea is let along the Club exists.

All she did was put money into a hedge fund/consortium, in the hope of making a sheckle or two, one or two others on here won't accept that though.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Club borrowing more money? on 17:45 - Dec 22 with 1467 viewsChief

More information on this:

Club borrowing more money? on 18:01 - Dec 22 with 1435 viewsWhiterockin

Club borrowing more money? on 17:45 - Dec 22 by Chief

More information on this:

For all those who keep saying, where's all the money gone. It hasn't come in. Perhaps people should know the facts before jumping to conclusions.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024