Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Russia invade Ukraine 14:17 - Dec 23 with 152936 viewsFlynnidine_Zidownes

Discuss.

Also why is Putin always described in the media as this rugged strongman? He’s barely five foot tall with his high heels on.

But that’s another debate.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Will Russia invade Ukraine? on 09:37 - Feb 15 with 1603 viewsAjack_Kerouac

So war is imminent?

When a war doesn't happen I wonder what you will put that down to...

Re: troop movement into Ukraine...
but Russia already has these regions. Please don't make me type out the history of the region, we should all know it by now given the hysteria around the possibility of war.

"It's what people know about themselves inside that makes them afraid" - "In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act" - "The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it"

Will Russia invade Ukraine? on 13:44 - Feb 15 with 1556 viewsEbo

Will Russia invade Ukraine? on 09:13 - Feb 15 by felixstowe_jack

Just as well NATO has kept the peace in Europe whereas the EU has done little to keep peace Europe. Some EU countries are not even in NATO so would be of little use I keeping peace.

This is all about Russian aggression and invading free democratic countries as they already have done to parts of Ukraine.

I thought you would be all in favour of countries wishing to exercise the democratic rights to be independent.

Russia has every right to defend itself. Not saying it is right what they are doing but, Vlad is playing a blinder here as all he has to do is keep troops at the border as he has done for years, this then puts Ukraine in a position where it feels threatened and not stable, therefore unable to meet the criteria of joining NATO. In a nutshell, he can just take the piss at the border and not even fire a shot.

It is hilarious seeing how easy Putin has Bojo and his equally dimwitted f cukwitt of a foreign secretary tied up in knots. They really are weak and as stupid as each other. The Russian foreign minister had Truss for breakfast, lunch and dinner. He hasn't stopped laughing yet.

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

Will Russia invade Ukraine? on 14:22 - Feb 15 with 1546 viewscontroversial_jack

Russia has pulled back some troops and apparently, sent them to Belarus.The Ukraine is hostile Russia, Belarus is not. It would explain Putins reason of maneuvers and training
Will Russia invade Ukraine? on 23:49 - Feb 15 with 1504 viewsKilkennyjack

Will Russia invade Ukraine? on 09:17 - Feb 15 by Ajack_Kerouac

So Putin has pulled his troops back.

Like I said, he is just putting pressure on to secure a treaty that agrees the rules regarding NATO, the EU and the Ukraine.

Biden and his band of crims needed to drum it up as loud as possible to distract from the mess they have made at home, from Trudeau going full fascist, from the Federal Reserve about to raise interest rates to combat inflation (which will have adverse effects on the stock market (but they don't have any choices...such is the mess they have created).

Boris has to drum it up also because we have made commitments to our NATO allies in the East and need to be seen to be doing everything possible to warn Putin off.

If the Biden criminal regime tries to move weapons or troops into Ukraine Putin will invade though, there can be no doubt about that now.

Johnson is Man of the Match….?

Beware of the Risen People

Will Russia invade Ukraine? on 08:14 - Feb 16 with 1486 viewsFlynnidine_Zidownes

Will Russia invade Ukraine? on 13:44 - Feb 15 by Ebo

Russia has every right to defend itself. Not saying it is right what they are doing but, Vlad is playing a blinder here as all he has to do is keep troops at the border as he has done for years, this then puts Ukraine in a position where it feels threatened and not stable, therefore unable to meet the criteria of joining NATO. In a nutshell, he can just take the piss at the border and not even fire a shot.

It is hilarious seeing how easy Putin has Bojo and his equally dimwitted f cukwitt of a foreign secretary tied up in knots. They really are weak and as stupid as each other. The Russian foreign minister had Truss for breakfast, lunch and dinner. He hasn't stopped laughing yet.

Who are Russia defending themselves against?

There is no doubt who the belligerent party is here. To use an analogy; if the United Kingdom suddenly moved thousands and thousands of troops to the northern Irish border, surrounded Ireland with her navy and started demanding they leave the EU would that be defending themselves? Or if the UK whilst holding Ireland at gunpoint promoted rhetoric that Ireland should be part of the UK because historically that was the case and we have many cultural, political and ethnic ties would that be the UK defending itself? Of course not, it would be completely unacceptable. This is exactly what that baldy dwarf Putin is doing.

It’s bizarre to see so many people on here jumping to Russia’s defence on this issue. Just like when he killed that litvenenko or however you spell it and those folks in Salisbury.

And I know I’ll probably have polonium sprinkled over my morning cornflakes for taking the piss out of his height but sod it, it’s hilarious.

[Post edited 16 Feb 2022 8:39]
Will Russia invade Ukraine? on 10:58 - Feb 16 with 1459 viewsKeithHaynes

Johnson’s forty eight hours re nearly up.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Will Russia invade Ukraine? on 11:33 - Feb 16 with 1450 viewscontroversial_jack

Will Russia invade Ukraine? on 08:14 - Feb 16 by Flynnidine_Zidownes

Who are Russia defending themselves against?

There is no doubt who the belligerent party is here. To use an analogy; if the United Kingdom suddenly moved thousands and thousands of troops to the northern Irish border, surrounded Ireland with her navy and started demanding they leave the EU would that be defending themselves? Or if the UK whilst holding Ireland at gunpoint promoted rhetoric that Ireland should be part of the UK because historically that was the case and we have many cultural, political and ethnic ties would that be the UK defending itself? Of course not, it would be completely unacceptable. This is exactly what that baldy dwarf Putin is doing.

It’s bizarre to see so many people on here jumping to Russia’s defence on this issue. Just like when he killed that litvenenko or however you spell it and those folks in Salisbury.

And I know I’ll probably have polonium sprinkled over my morning cornflakes for taking the piss out of his height but sod it, it’s hilarious.

[Post edited 16 Feb 2022 8:39]

The Donbass area in east Ukraine. Troops are there to prevent any massacres in that disputed territory
Will Russia invade Ukraine? on 17:17 - Feb 16 with 1433 viewscontroversial_jack

https://uk.yahoo.com/news/russia-announced-end-military-drills-110941069.html
Login to get fewer ads

Will Russia invade Ukraine? on 22:54 - Feb 16 with 1405 viewsAjack_Kerouac

Will Russia invade Ukraine? on 23:49 - Feb 15 by Kilkennyjack

Johnson is Man of the Match….?

No, Putin never had any intention of invading...it would cost Russia too much.
He just wants to keep the pressure on until the West caves on NATO expansion into Ukraine.

Boris just said what any UK Prime Minister should have said under the circumstances...the EU though? Well they came up short didn't they.

"It's what people know about themselves inside that makes them afraid" - "In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act" - "The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it"

Will Russia invade Ukraine? on 23:37 - Feb 16 with 1387 viewscontroversial_jack

Will Russia invade Ukraine? on 22:54 - Feb 16 by Ajack_Kerouac

No, Putin never had any intention of invading...it would cost Russia too much.
He just wants to keep the pressure on until the West caves on NATO expansion into Ukraine.

Boris just said what any UK Prime Minister should have said under the circumstances...the EU though? Well they came up short didn't they.

The EU did the right thing and kept out of it.
Will Russia invade Ukraine? on 09:46 - Feb 17 with 1343 viewsCatullus

Will Russia invade Ukraine? on 11:33 - Feb 16 by controversial_jack

The Donbass area in east Ukraine. Troops are there to prevent any massacres in that disputed territory

What massacres exactly? That's right the ones that never happened. Any trouble in Ukraine has been caused by Russia sending in troops to cause friction. They linked up with Russian separatists to make things worse and give Putin his excuse. it's also said that Russia has sent tanks and rocket launchers to those separatist groups.

Of course Putin denies this and claims any Russian citizens fighting in Donbas are purely volunteers. No doubt there's people on here who always seem to take Russia's side who will rush to agree with him.

Tell me this, if there were a massacre happening in Donbas, how can having troops on the border help? To prevent any massacre they'd have to have moved in and taken control. You can't prevent anything if you are not there to see it.

One last thing, apparently now the intelligence reports say Russian troops aren't moving away from Ukraine,

https://www.straitstimes.com/world/europe/us-and-nato-say-russia-is-building-up-

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Will Russia invade Ukraine? on 11:42 - Feb 17 with 1330 viewscontroversial_jack

Will Russia invade Ukraine? on 09:46 - Feb 17 by Catullus

What massacres exactly? That's right the ones that never happened. Any trouble in Ukraine has been caused by Russia sending in troops to cause friction. They linked up with Russian separatists to make things worse and give Putin his excuse. it's also said that Russia has sent tanks and rocket launchers to those separatist groups.

Of course Putin denies this and claims any Russian citizens fighting in Donbas are purely volunteers. No doubt there's people on here who always seem to take Russia's side who will rush to agree with him.

Tell me this, if there were a massacre happening in Donbas, how can having troops on the border help? To prevent any massacre they'd have to have moved in and taken control. You can't prevent anything if you are not there to see it.

One last thing, apparently now the intelligence reports say Russian troops aren't moving away from Ukraine,

https://www.straitstimes.com/world/europe/us-and-nato-say-russia-is-building-up-

It's all in here, from the world's best Journalist.

Yes, it's from 2014, but it's what happened and it's still the issue.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2014/may/13/ukraine-us-war-russia-john
Will Russia invade Ukraine? on 13:02 - Feb 17 with 1312 viewsAjack_Kerouac

Will Russia invade Ukraine? on 23:37 - Feb 16 by controversial_jack

The EU did the right thing and kept out of it.

The EU encouraged it in the first place and worked with the Obama administration to try and engineer the whole situation.
They then wanted to hit the pause button when Obama/Clinton/Nuland/Biden conspired to overthrow an elected Ukrainian government and install Poreshenko and co.
"F*ck the EU" was Clinton's response...we know this, Wikileaks revealed it.

Trump got elected and the policy changed in the region. Trump's people were happy to leave Ukraine on hold...it doesn't hurt America, it hurts Russian, the Ukrainians who want to be an EU member and NATO country, and the Democrats.
Biden and Hilary in particular are up to their necks in dirty Ukrainian money.

The EU then opposed Trump administration policy in the region whilst negotiating with the Russians to build the pipeline.

Having helped create the mess in the Ukraine the EU then said "not our problem, Russian gas is more important" during this latest development.

Not that Ukraine is actually in danger of being invaded of course...that would only happen if Biden's handlers ordered troops/nukes/weapons to be installed in the Ukraine...which of course won't happen, as the Democrats can't afford to go to war with Russia.

This entire episode has been about the Democrats trying to distract from their mess at home, using the mess they created in the Ukraine to do so...trying to engineer a situation where they can say; "See, Putin backed down. Biden is strong".

Nobody with a brain is buying it though.

Will Russia invade Ukraine? on 21:43 - Feb 17 with 1283 viewsCatullus

Will Russia invade Ukraine? on 11:42 - Feb 17 by controversial_jack

It's all in here, from the world's best Journalist.

Yes, it's from 2014, but it's what happened and it's still the issue.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2014/may/13/ukraine-us-war-russia-john

So Putin recently moved in 150k troops to deal with something that has been going on since 2014? Yeah, makes perfect sense that he'd wait 7 years.

Its not just US and UK foreign policy to blame, others are guilty too. The pursuit of money and power never stops, no matter how much they already have.

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Will Russia invade Ukraine? on 22:41 - Feb 17 with 1264 viewscontroversial_jack

Will Russia invade Ukraine? on 21:43 - Feb 17 by Catullus

So Putin recently moved in 150k troops to deal with something that has been going on since 2014? Yeah, makes perfect sense that he'd wait 7 years.

Its not just US and UK foreign policy to blame, others are guilty too. The pursuit of money and power never stops, no matter how much they already have.

Ok, I tried!
Will Russia invade Ukraine? on 11:07 - Feb 20 with 1214 viewsmajorraglan

There’s a lot of speculation Russia has created disinformation and instability in the West.
What we’re seeing with the divisions arising from Brexit in the U.K. ( both internally and externally) and the EU, the divisions created in the States in relation to the “Election Steal” and the divisions created here, Europe and in the States over the pandemic we now have a situation which Putin could see as his best opportunity to progress own Russia’s agenda while the “west” bickers amongst itself and is incapable of presenting a united front. A weaker West is good for Putin.

We have democratic societies where our governments, policies and priorities change (but will always be heavily influenced by the rich and powerful) whereas the totalitarian countries have one powerful party, rarely change policies which this provides them with the continuity to focus on long term strategic goals. China is splashing the cash throughout Africa and the developing world on infrastructure projects etc and “buying” long term loyalty and influence.
Will Russia invade Ukraine? on 11:38 - Feb 20 with 1198 viewstrampie

Will Russia invade Ukraine? on 21:43 - Feb 17 by Catullus

You had no idea when I told you about neo Nazis in the Ukraine, you didn't have the foggiest did you.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Will Russia invade Ukraine? on 13:24 - Feb 20 with 1166 viewsFlynnidine_Zidownes

Will Russia invade Ukraine? on 11:07 - Feb 20 by majorraglan

There’s a lot of speculation Russia has created disinformation and instability in the West.
What we’re seeing with the divisions arising from Brexit in the U.K. ( both internally and externally) and the EU, the divisions created in the States in relation to the “Election Steal” and the divisions created here, Europe and in the States over the pandemic we now have a situation which Putin could see as his best opportunity to progress own Russia’s agenda while the “west” bickers amongst itself and is incapable of presenting a united front. A weaker West is good for Putin.

We have democratic societies where our governments, policies and priorities change (but will always be heavily influenced by the rich and powerful) whereas the totalitarian countries have one powerful party, rarely change policies which this provides them with the continuity to focus on long term strategic goals. China is splashing the cash throughout Africa and the developing world on infrastructure projects etc and “buying” long term loyalty and influence.

Division is good. Ok it goes over the top sometimes but you’re always going to need strong differences of opinion in any free democratic society. The reason there isn’t any perceived division in Russia, China or North Korea is that people are absolutely terrified to say what they actually think.

We are lucky really. We just don’t realise it. Think of the billions of humans who have ever lived throughout history. What sort of percentage of them do you estimate were free to openly speak out against those in charge without fear of retribution? Less than 1%? I think it’s probably a lot less than even that.

I don’t think it weakens us. It’s what makes us better than they are.
Will Russia invade Ukraine? on 13:57 - Feb 20 with 1151 viewsmajorraglan

Will Russia invade Ukraine? on 13:24 - Feb 20 by Flynnidine_Zidownes

Division is good. Ok it goes over the top sometimes but you’re always going to need strong differences of opinion in any free democratic society. The reason there isn’t any perceived division in Russia, China or North Korea is that people are absolutely terrified to say what they actually think.

We are lucky really. We just don’t realise it. Think of the billions of humans who have ever lived throughout history. What sort of percentage of them do you estimate were free to openly speak out against those in charge without fear of retribution? Less than 1%? I think it’s probably a lot less than even that.

I don’t think it weakens us. It’s what makes us better than they are.

I agree with most of what you’ve said - it’s good to have healthy debate in our societies. We also need a free press, transparency and politicians of all parties should be held to account and subject to the rule of law. If they had greater transparency maybe the people in those countries would be better off. It definitely makes us better that they are.

I agree with you about Russia, China etc - the point I was making (and maybe not very clearly) was that their totalitarian regimes mean there is always a focus on taking the long term approach where as we tend to focus on short term strategies.

I do think the current divisions we are seeing on Covid, Brexit and issues in the US have emboldened people like Putin.
Will Russia invade Ukraine? on 14:36 - Feb 20 with 1139 viewsCatullus

Will Russia invade Ukraine? on 11:38 - Feb 20 by trampie

You had no idea when I told you about neo Nazis in the Ukraine, you didn't have the foggiest did you.

Not this again, there are Neo Nazis all over the world, including in Russia and the USA.

As it goes though, it was the Neo Nazi militias that stood against the illegal Russian invasion of Crimea and since many have been reigned in and integrated in the Ukrainian armed forces.
Putin isn't threatening Ukraine because of Neo Nazi's, their presence actually increased because of him.
Bellingcat and the Third Way neo nazi groups are actually sending members to Ukraine to defend against Russian invasion, Putin's troops on th border is making that problem even worse.

So what is your point? Apart from seemingly wanting to defend Russia.

Will Russia invade Ukraine? on 15:00 - Feb 20 with 1111 viewstrampie

Will Russia invade Ukraine? on 14:36 - Feb 20 by Catullus

Not this again, there are Neo Nazis all over the world, including in Russia and the USA.

As it goes though, it was the Neo Nazi militias that stood against the illegal Russian invasion of Crimea and since many have been reigned in and integrated in the Ukrainian armed forces.
Putin isn't threatening Ukraine because of Neo Nazi's, their presence actually increased because of him.
Bellingcat and the Third Way neo nazi groups are actually sending members to Ukraine to defend against Russian invasion, Putin's troops on th border is making that problem even worse.

So what is your point? Apart from seemingly wanting to defend Russia.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.

Will Russia invade Ukraine? on 16:29 - Feb 20 with 1082 viewsCatullus

Will Russia invade Ukraine? on 15:00 - Feb 20 by trampie

And what has Putin putting his troops there done but given the USA an excuse to carry on.

Do 2 wrongs make a right?

I don't remember ever arguing that the USA wasn't as bad as anyone else. It's about power and control, I'm sure I posted that somewhere recently!

There are so many pawns being played here there isn't enough room on the chessboard anymore. Even so, does that make Russia right?

Don't forget, Pilger has always been a strong critic of the UK and USA's foreign policy. Is Pilger always right or is it just that you agree with his views? We all have bias.

Will Russia invade Ukraine? on 16:52 - Feb 20 with 1071 viewsDJack

https://www.rferl.org/a/ukraine-separatists-evacuation-video-metadata/31711344.h

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Will Russia invade Ukraine? on 20:37 - Feb 20 with 1021 viewstrampie

If Russia invade there is talk of them going to capture the capital Kiev.

Will Russia invade Ukraine? on 20:51 - Feb 20 with 1018 viewsFlynnidine_Zidownes

Will Russia invade Ukraine? on 20:37 - Feb 20 by trampie

If Russia invade there is talk of them going to capture the capital Kiev.

Really?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024