Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Russia invade Ukraine 14:17 - Dec 23 with 153126 viewsFlynnidine_Zidownes

Discuss.

Also why is Putin always described in the media as this rugged strongman? He’s barely five foot tall with his high heels on.

But that’s another debate.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Will Russia invade Ukraine? on 15:42 - Jan 27 with 1290 viewsLohengrin

Will Russia invade Ukraine? on 15:31 - Jan 27 by Professor

Would have thought the Red Army took care of most of that in 1945

Their Kommisars created it, Prof.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Will Russia invade Ukraine? on 15:45 - Jan 27 with 1278 viewsLohengrin

Will Russia invade Ukraine? on 15:41 - Jan 27 by controversial_jack

If you want to read up on this , i recommend this book. An absolute masterpiece on the conflict. You could probably order it from the library

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Barbarossa-How-Hitler-Lost-War/dp/0241979188

This is better.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Will Russia invade Ukraine? on 17:00 - Jan 27 with 1215 viewsCatullus

Will Russia invade Ukraine? on 13:09 - Jan 27 by Best_loser

Tanks go faster and gain territory faster on frozen ground than mud , if Putin waits to long the mud will make an invasion harder , anyway, its not going to happen , unless of course somebody miscalculates , which is how lots of wars start

tanks don't want to go too fats though, as Hitler found to his cost a few times. Id supply lines get too stretched tanks run low on fuel and become vulnerable.

https://oilprice.com/Energy/Crude-Oil/How-Oil-Defeated-The-Nazis.html

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Will Russia invade Ukraine? on 17:25 - Jan 27 with 1207 viewscontroversial_jack

There were many factors that contributed to the Germans defeat. The greatest was attrition. Russia simply had too much for them. Better equipment, more troops, shorter supply lines, better winter clothing, vehicles that didn't freeze, and tanks that could move better over muddy ground , and pure hatred and the need for revenge. Also fear of Stalin and his wrath if they ran away
Will Russia invade Ukraine? on 19:05 - Jan 27 with 1185 viewsCatullus

Will Russia invade Ukraine? on 17:25 - Jan 27 by controversial_jack

There were many factors that contributed to the Germans defeat. The greatest was attrition. Russia simply had too much for them. Better equipment, more troops, shorter supply lines, better winter clothing, vehicles that didn't freeze, and tanks that could move better over muddy ground , and pure hatred and the need for revenge. Also fear of Stalin and his wrath if they ran away

Yes, they lured the Germans on, they retreated using a scorched earth policy. The Germans thought they were winning but the Russians were only waiting, waiting for winter.

Now though the Russians are only waiting to see if the West caves in to their demands. They may well not invade Ukraine but their troops will stay there, on the border, to give the West a reminder.

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Will Russia invade Ukraine? on 19:18 - Jan 27 with 1173 viewsWingstandwood

IMO Germany just captured too much territory and fought on way too many fronts in a ridiculous space of time. Losing millions of troops in the process, it takes a long time for the next generation to grow to an age to replenish the fallen and injured unfit for battle... He wanted to rule the entire world.

I reckon Hitler must surely had a lot of uneasy generals that probably did want to speak out but would not for fear of facing a firing squad. Hitler and others were no military strategists, lack of common sense, over-ambition and megalomania I reckon.

Argus!

Will Russia invade Ukraine? on 19:43 - Jan 27 with 1157 viewsCatullus

Will Russia invade Ukraine? on 19:18 - Jan 27 by Wingstandwood

IMO Germany just captured too much territory and fought on way too many fronts in a ridiculous space of time. Losing millions of troops in the process, it takes a long time for the next generation to grow to an age to replenish the fallen and injured unfit for battle... He wanted to rule the entire world.

I reckon Hitler must surely had a lot of uneasy generals that probably did want to speak out but would not for fear of facing a firing squad. Hitler and others were no military strategists, lack of common sense, over-ambition and megalomania I reckon.

When you read about the tech that was close to being ready for Germany, the ME262 jet fighter that was being used in the last days of the war, the first ICBM's and the Nuclear programme that was oh so near, if Hitler had waited a few years, carried on building, he may well have had the means to win.

Imagine Nazi Germany with the first nuclear weapons, ICBM's and jet aircraft!

A scary thought.

Will Russia invade Ukraine? on 19:57 - Jan 27 with 1153 viewsWingstandwood

Will Russia invade Ukraine? on 19:43 - Jan 27 by Catullus

When you read about the tech that was close to being ready for Germany, the ME262 jet fighter that was being used in the last days of the war, the first ICBM's and the Nuclear programme that was oh so near, if Hitler had waited a few years, carried on building, he may well have had the means to win.

Imagine Nazi Germany with the first nuclear weapons, ICBM's and jet aircraft!

A scary thought.

I've always pondered myself what would have happened if he had been first to get the atomic bomb, that is indeed a scary thought. America stopped after two, he was the type just way too genocidal to stop himself. There was no "that is enough of this" along with no respect for humankind with that guy!

Indeed scary!

Argus!

Login to get fewer ads

Will Russia invade Ukraine? on 20:09 - Jan 27 with 1128 viewsFlashberryjack

Will Russia invade Ukraine? on 19:57 - Jan 27 by Wingstandwood

I've always pondered myself what would have happened if he had been first to get the atomic bomb, that is indeed a scary thought. America stopped after two, he was the type just way too genocidal to stop himself. There was no "that is enough of this" along with no respect for humankind with that guy!

Indeed scary!

If Hitler would have had the bomb first, we wouldn't be having this conversation for two reasons.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Will Russia invade Ukraine? on 20:47 - Jan 27 with 1098 viewsEbo

Will Russia invade Ukraine? on 21:52 - Jan 26 by Flashberryjack

If Europe shows the same fighting attitude they showed the last time they were invaded, it'll be us and the US fighting Russia, and I wouldn't fancy our chances.

You are forgetting the resistances in those countries and ironically the Russians who without their help we may not be here now. I was not just US/UK, the french were overrun and we may have been too had it not been for the English channel.

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

Will Russia invade Ukraine? on 21:13 - Jan 27 with 1088 viewstrampie

Will Russia invade Ukraine? on 19:05 - Jan 27 by Catullus

Yes, they lured the Germans on, they retreated using a scorched earth policy. The Germans thought they were winning but the Russians were only waiting, waiting for winter.

Now though the Russians are only waiting to see if the West caves in to their demands. They may well not invade Ukraine but their troops will stay there, on the border, to give the West a reminder.

Blaming the weather is an old Anglo Saxon trick they were beaten in the end by a superior force, the Russian women were just too good for the might of the German army, crack shots some of those ladies.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Will Russia invade Ukraine? on 22:25 - Jan 27 with 1063 viewstrampie

Will Russia invade Ukraine? on 19:57 - Jan 27 by Wingstandwood

Indeed scary!

Didn't the Americans only stop dropping atomic bombs on civilians when the Japanese gave up.

One story of the blitz of British/German cities was the Germans were bombing British military targets and then a lone German bomber accidentally dropped bombs on London, the story goes that Churchill was just waiting for a chance to justify bombing German civilians and we bombed Berlin the very next day, Hitler then retaliated by bombing British civilians, it was a strange thing going on between the English and Germans, at times they didn't seem to want war with each other, Hitler might have wanted a non aggression pact with the English/British.

I wonder what Lohengrin thinks, when it comes to British military involvement he might have a bit of a blind spot but it would be interesting to see what he has to say on the subject.

Hitler no doubt would have used the atomic bomb on peoples he didn't like, if they were losing, when his mental health got worse, there again America used the bomb when they were winning, but in fairness the Japanese weren't giving up and the bombs might have saved a lot of allied servicemen's lives .

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.

Will Russia invade Ukraine? on 23:35 - Jan 27 with 1042 viewscontroversial_jack

Will Russia invade Ukraine? on 19:05 - Jan 27 by Catullus

They didn't lure the Germans on at all.The Germans penetrated almost to Moscow. The only scorched earth policy was the ones the Germans perpetrated on the villages in Russia. They also did it on the way back too, burning villages and murdering it's inhabitants.

The scorched earth policy would be more to do with Russia re locating it's factories and industrial units east of the Urals or Siberia.
Will Russia invade Ukraine? on 11:05 - Jan 28 with 987 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Amid all the press and media frenzy of a few light refreshments at work a significant event happened early in the Week.
The RAF transport plane carrying anti-tank rockets to help the Ukrainians repel Russian armour was instructed not to overfly any part of German airspace. This is unheard of between NATO allies. It makes you wonder if Germany is so dependent on Russian gas that it will do whatever Russia asks.

Meanwhile the new German chancellor, Olaf Scholz is closing down its last two nuclear power stations. Angela Markel of course closed down the rest.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Will Russia invade Ukraine? on 11:09 - Jan 28 with 984 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Will Russia invade Ukraine? on 23:35 - Jan 27 by controversial_jack

They didn't lure the Germans on at all.The Germans penetrated almost to Moscow. The only scorched earth policy was the ones the Germans perpetrated on the villages in Russia. They also did it on the way back too, burning villages and murdering it's inhabitants.

The scorched earth policy would be more to do with Russia re locating it's factories and industrial units east of the Urals or Siberia.

The Russians did indeed a scorched earth policy as they retreated from the invading armies. The red army was told to burn all food supplies, destroy roads, bridges and rip up railway tracks.

The Russians used the same tactics to deny food and supplied to Napoleon's invading armies.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Will Russia invade Ukraine? on 11:11 - Jan 28 with 983 viewsonehunglow

Will Russia invade Ukraine? on 11:09 - Jan 28 by felixstowe_jack

The Russians did indeed a scorched earth policy as they retreated from the invading armies. The red army was told to burn all food supplies, destroy roads, bridges and rip up railway tracks.

The Russians used the same tactics to deny food and supplied to Napoleon's invading armies.

not to mention giving the females a real seeing to.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Will Russia invade Ukraine? on 11:21 - Jan 28 with 972 viewsCatullus

Will Russia invade Ukraine? on 21:13 - Jan 27 by trampie

Blaming the weather is an old Anglo Saxon trick they were beaten in the end by a superior force, the Russian women were just too good for the might of the German army, crack shots some of those ladies.

Another veiled attack on the English eh, it's long past boring. The Russians themselves recognised the defensive qualities of their harsh winter. It has helped them beat enemies before by slowing up advances and giving them time to repair and rebuild.

It was the Russian winter, not the Russian army that turned Napoleon back. It was the Russian winter then during "Barbarossa" that the Germans too felt the bite of the Russian weather.

https://www.defensemedianetwork.com/stories/hitlers-winter-blunder/#:~:text=A%20

Or you could look up Charles XII of Sweden and his failed campaign.

Yet again you snipe at the English and talk the Russians up, верность товарищ, but to the wrong people?
[Post edited 28 Jan 2022 11:24]

Will Russia invade Ukraine? on 11:27 - Jan 28 with 967 viewsonehunglow

Will Russia invade Ukraine? on 11:21 - Jan 28 by Catullus

Another veiled attack on the English eh, it's long past boring. The Russians themselves recognised the defensive qualities of their harsh winter. It has helped them beat enemies before by slowing up advances and giving them time to repair and rebuild.

It was the Russian winter, not the Russian army that turned Napoleon back. It was the Russian winter then during "Barbarossa" that the Germans too felt the bite of the Russian weather.

https://www.defensemedianetwork.com/stories/hitlers-winter-blunder/#:~:text=A%20

Yet again you snipe at the English and talk the Russians up, верность товарищ, but to the wrong people?

Not veiled at all.
It's really simple
Thousands of Welsh boys have joined the British Army and were proud to have done so.
I am certain they would love to meet trampie in person to explain their heinous crimes.

Welsh nationalists,through their narrow minded hatred and insularity seek to deride good,brave people who have fight and died for this country-that country being Great Britain.

Every servicemen ,living or dead,is insulted by trampie,killy and their hate filled narrative.

I have managed many in my time and thee people have nothing but my respect and thanks.

I recall famous Welsh Nats being "pacifists" and people who would simply let any invader overun the country they say they love. Their language would disappear overnight.

Will Russia invade Ukraine? on 11:39 - Jan 28 with 964 viewsCatullus

Will Russia invade Ukraine? on 11:27 - Jan 28 by onehunglow

Not veiled at all.
It's really simple
Thousands of Welsh boys have joined the British Army and were proud to have done so.
I am certain they would love to meet trampie in person to explain their heinous crimes.

Welsh nationalists,through their narrow minded hatred and insularity seek to deride good,brave people who have fight and died for this country-that country being Great Britain.

Every servicemen ,living or dead,is insulted by trampie,killy and their hate filled narrative.

I have managed many in my time and thee people have nothing but my respect and thanks.

I recall famous Welsh Nats being "pacifists" and people who would simply let any invader overun the country they say they love. Their language would disappear overnight.

Well Leigh Vaughn-Henry and Saunders Lewis weren't great adverts for Welsh Nats!

Will Russia invade Ukraine? on 11:45 - Jan 28 with 960 viewsonehunglow

Will Russia invade Ukraine? on 11:39 - Jan 28 by Catullus

Well Leigh Vaughn-Henry and Saunders Lewis weren't great adverts for Welsh Nats!

Saunders. Wirral’ s very own. Born and raised in England. Blue Plaque on his old large house in Wallasey .

Will Russia invade Ukraine? on 12:48 - Jan 28 with 927 viewstrampie

Will Russia invade Ukraine? on 11:21 - Jan 28 by Catullus

Will Russia invade Ukraine? on 13:10 - Jan 28 with 918 viewsCatullus

Will Russia invade Ukraine? on 12:48 - Jan 28 by trampie

That proves nothing besides the skill of the 2 women. It doesn't prove that Women beat Hitler anymore than my wife having a bruise proves that I hit her.

What next, Joan of Arc beat the English single handed? Did Artemisia sink the Greek fleet simply by giving them a nasty look?

Military experts agree that the Russian winter has been a substantial contributing factor is helping defeat invaders. Not decisive by itself but in conjunction with the scorched earth policy the winter gave Russia time to do what was needed. Without the harsh winter Napoleon and Hitler may both have succeeded.

Will Russia invade Ukraine? on 13:23 - Jan 28 with 902 viewstrampie

Will Russia invade Ukraine? on 13:10 - Jan 28 by Catullus

That proves nothing besides the skill of the 2 women. It doesn't prove that Women beat Hitler anymore than my wife having a bruise proves that I hit her.

What next, Joan of Arc beat the English single handed? Did Artemisia sink the Greek fleet simply by giving them a nasty look?

Military experts agree that the Russian winter has been a substantial contributing factor is helping defeat invaders. Not decisive by itself but in conjunction with the scorched earth policy the winter gave Russia time to do what was needed. Without the harsh winter Napoleon and Hitler may both have succeeded.

You are showing your ignorance, there was hundreds of thousands of them in the Russian armed forces, they joined in their droves they wanted Anglo Saxon blood, I just read of one young lady that killed 120 krauts.
[Post edited 28 Jan 2022 13:25]

Will Russia invade Ukraine? on 13:47 - Jan 28 with 886 viewstrampie

Blydi hell this one killed over 300.

Will Russia invade Ukraine? on 15:05 - Jan 28 with 853 viewscontroversial_jack

Will Russia invade Ukraine? on 11:09 - Jan 28 by felixstowe_jack

To destroy bridges and roads etc would be normal tactics for any country being invaded, although there weren't many roads in the interior of Russia during that time. Most of the time the Red army was in panic mode, so any food would have been gathered and used, plus the remaining villagers would have had their own meagre supplies. A modern army doesn't scavenge and live off the land, a modern Army of 3 million has to take it's supply lines with it. including fodder for the horses. The scorched earth policy was a euphemism for the relocation of factories and industrial plants further east.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024