Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Russia invade Ukraine 14:17 - Dec 23 with 153176 viewsFlynnidine_Zidownes

Discuss.

Also why is Putin always described in the media as this rugged strongman? He’s barely five foot tall with his high heels on.

But that’s another debate.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Will Russia invade Ukraine? on 21:30 - Jan 26 with 2035 viewsEbo

"Wasn't Donald Trump who was going to start WWIII and the Left who would bring about World Peace?
Answers on a postcard."

The same Trump who signed the withdrawal mandate with the Taliban knowing that when he left office he would be handing over a giant turd sandwich to the next president. Let's be honest, all Trump achieved was the square root of f uck all, apart from deeply dividing a country even further. That N Korea visit was just PR, as North Korea are still developing WMD's.

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

Will Russia invade Ukraine? on 21:31 - Jan 26 with 2028 viewsAjack_Kerouac

Will Russia invade Ukraine? on 21:24 - Jan 26 by Ebo

The EU will then cut off Russia's access to SWIFT disabling them from trading with the EU which is their biggest trading market. That is something Putin really does not want.

I think you'll find, if you think about it, that Russia could suffer a drop in trade for a longer period than Europe could suffer a loss in energy.

...and if it came to it, what would stop Russia from invading Europe?

That's right, NATO.
When you think things through you realise that the EU are full of shite. Windbags.

"It's what people know about themselves inside that makes them afraid" - "In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act" - "The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it"

Will Russia invade Ukraine? on 21:42 - Jan 26 with 2025 viewsEbo

Will Russia invade Ukraine? on 21:31 - Jan 26 by Ajack_Kerouac

I think you'll find, if you think about it, that Russia could suffer a drop in trade for a longer period than Europe could suffer a loss in energy.

...and if it came to it, what would stop Russia from invading Europe?

That's right, NATO.
When you think things through you realise that the EU are full of shite. Windbags.

"I think you'll find, if you think about it, that Russia could suffer a drop in trade for a longer period than Europe"

I very much doubt that on top of other sanctions that would be in place from the US, UK and the other European countries. Russia would never invade europe. The numbers against would be far to big, they are not the might of the old Soviet regime anymore, if anything they are more paranoid of the US invading them.

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

Will Russia invade Ukraine? on 21:49 - Jan 26 with 2008 viewsAjack_Kerouac

Will Russia invade Ukraine? on 21:42 - Jan 26 by Ebo

"I think you'll find, if you think about it, that Russia could suffer a drop in trade for a longer period than Europe"

I very much doubt that on top of other sanctions that would be in place from the US, UK and the other European countries. Russia would never invade europe. The numbers against would be far to big, they are not the might of the old Soviet regime anymore, if anything they are more paranoid of the US invading them.

Re: Prospect of invasion of Europe
Well that was exactly my point. It is NATO that makes invading Europe not viable, without NATO believe me that would be on the table.

Re: Trade
It would take years for our economic sanctions to have the desired effect and prompt regime change in Russia.
However Europe would feel being starved of energy instantly...and without reliable sources of energy everything else stops working, the EU's trade would be damaged across the board, not just with Russia.

You put Eastern Europe through 1 winter without Russia's natural gas and you will see pro-Russian regimes coming into power within the EU's borders.

"It's what people know about themselves inside that makes them afraid" - "In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act" - "The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it"

Will Russia invade Ukraine? on 21:52 - Jan 26 with 2013 viewsFlashberryjack

Will Russia invade Ukraine? on 21:42 - Jan 26 by Ebo

If Europe shows the same fighting attitude they showed the last time they were invaded, it'll be us and the US fighting Russia, and I wouldn't fancy our chances.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Will Russia invade Ukraine? on 22:55 - Jan 26 with 1989 viewsmax936

Will Russia invade Ukraine? on 21:49 - Jan 26 by Ajack_Kerouac

Re: Prospect of invasion of Europe
Well that was exactly my point. It is NATO that makes invading Europe not viable, without NATO believe me that would be on the table.

Re: Trade
It would take years for our economic sanctions to have the desired effect and prompt regime change in Russia.
However Europe would feel being starved of energy instantly...and without reliable sources of energy everything else stops working, the EU's trade would be damaged across the board, not just with Russia.

You put Eastern Europe through 1 winter without Russia's natural gas and you will see pro-Russian regimes coming into power within the EU's borders.

People are forgetting China in all this, if war DID happen between Nato nations and Russia China will come into it at some point.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Will Russia invade Ukraine? on 23:32 - Jan 26 with 1977 viewsKilkennyjack

🇬🇧😳

Beware of the Risen People

Will Russia invade Ukraine? on 10:40 - Jan 27 with 1928 viewsKeithHaynes

Interesting explanation on today’s current position.
In pictures too !

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Login to get fewer ads

Will Russia invade Ukraine? on 10:42 - Jan 27 with 1924 viewsKeithHaynes

Will Russia invade Ukraine? on 23:32 - Jan 26 by Kilkennyjack

🇬🇧😳

A cease fire is always concerning, not least that there hasn’t been any firing recently, but it always gives the impression the cessation will stop.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Will Russia invade Ukraine? on 11:55 - Jan 27 with 1878 viewsBest_loser

Putin is just putting himself in the news Kim jong un Idoes the same thing when he wants attention , Putin wants concessions over NATO involvement in the Ukraine

If Putin was to launch a full invasion it would have to be within the next few weeks before the ground starts thawing , Russian tanks don't move so quick through mud
[Post edited 27 Jan 2022 12:04]
Will Russia invade Ukraine? on 12:38 - Jan 27 with 1847 viewscontroversial_jack

Will Russia invade Ukraine? on 11:55 - Jan 27 by Best_loser

Putin is just putting himself in the news Kim jong un Idoes the same thing when he wants attention , Putin wants concessions over NATO involvement in the Ukraine

If Putin was to launch a full invasion it would have to be within the next few weeks before the ground starts thawing , Russian tanks don't move so quick through mud
[Post edited 27 Jan 2022 12:04]

Actually they do. Russia learned about that during ww2. their tanks moved freely in the mud, the NAZIS didn't
Will Russia invade Ukraine? on 12:45 - Jan 27 with 1838 viewsBest_loser

Will Russia invade Ukraine? on 12:38 - Jan 27 by controversial_jack

Actually they do. Russia learned about that during ww2. their tanks moved freely in the mud, the NAZIS didn't

This is not ww2 , different tanks and freely is not the same as fast
Will Russia invade Ukraine? on 13:00 - Jan 27 with 1824 viewsCatullus

Will Russia invade Ukraine? on 12:45 - Jan 27 by Best_loser

This is not ww2 , different tanks and freely is not the same as fast

Modern tanks are much better than the WW2 tanks and tanks are tracked, they are designed to be able to get around in mud, as long as that mud isn't TOO deep. it's wheeled vehicles that don't do so well in mud.

https://www.businessinsider.nl/mud-could-complicate-possible-russian-plans-for-a

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Will Russia invade Ukraine? on 13:01 - Jan 27 with 1822 viewsCatullus

Will Russia invade Ukraine? on 22:55 - Jan 26 by max936

People are forgetting China in all this, if war DID happen between Nato nations and Russia China will come into it at some point.

China has signed a non interference pact with Russia.

Germany is copping some stick,

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/why-germany-is-under-attack-over-russia-ukr

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Will Russia invade Ukraine? on 13:09 - Jan 27 with 1819 viewsBest_loser

Will Russia invade Ukraine? on 13:00 - Jan 27 by Catullus

Modern tanks are much better than the WW2 tanks and tanks are tracked, they are designed to be able to get around in mud, as long as that mud isn't TOO deep. it's wheeled vehicles that don't do so well in mud.

https://www.businessinsider.nl/mud-could-complicate-possible-russian-plans-for-a

Tanks go faster and gain territory faster on frozen ground than mud , if Putin waits to long the mud will make an invasion harder , anyway, its not going to happen , unless of course somebody miscalculates , which is how lots of wars start
Will Russia invade Ukraine? on 13:46 - Jan 27 with 1797 viewstrampie

It has been noted by some Germans themselves this week that Germans owe Russians a debt of guilt for the atrocities they commited against the Russian people in the second world war.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Will Russia invade Ukraine? on 14:28 - Jan 27 with 1765 viewsonehunglow

Will Russia invade Ukraine? on 13:46 - Jan 27 by trampie

It has been noted by some Germans themselves this week that Germans owe Russians a debt of guilt for the atrocities they commited against the Russian people in the second world war.

Not forgetting of course how the might Red Army liberated German villages en route to Berlin to then eventually shut off half the city overnight.
Popular with the ladies were Russian soldiers.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Will Russia invade Ukraine? on 14:58 - Jan 27 with 1748 viewsLohengrin

Will Russia invade Ukraine? on 13:46 - Jan 27 by trampie

“Some Germans.”

Who? A few surviving GDR functionaries, a handful of STASI jackals?

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Will Russia invade Ukraine? on 15:02 - Jan 27 with 1741 viewstrampie

Will Russia invade Ukraine? on 14:58 - Jan 27 by Lohengrin

“Some Germans.”

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.

Will Russia invade Ukraine? on 15:14 - Jan 27 with 1732 viewsLohengrin

Will Russia invade Ukraine? on 15:02 - Jan 27 by trampie

Like his old boss Merkel another former member of the Freie Deutsche Jugend (FJD)

Will Russia invade Ukraine? on 15:18 - Jan 27 with 1724 viewstrampie

Stories seem to be saying that a German navy vice admiral is telling the World that the Crimea is lost to Russia and to get over it and that we need the Ruskies on our side in case the Chinese kick off and to give Putin respect, is that the long and short of it all ?
Perhaps the Germans have now learnt not to poke the bear.

Will Russia invade Ukraine? on 15:23 - Jan 27 with 1717 viewsLohengrin

Will Russia invade Ukraine? on 15:18 - Jan 27 by trampie

Stories seem to be saying that a German navy vice admiral is telling the World that the Crimea is lost to Russia and to get over it and that we need the Ruskies on our side in case the Chinese kick off and to give Putin respect, is that the long and short of it all ?
Perhaps the Germans have now learnt not to poke the bear.

Yes he did. Realpolitik. I was listening to him on the World Service and he spoke a lot of sense, which is why he has apparently since been forced to resign his commission.

But there’s a world of difference between his thinking, his calculations, than the nauseating drivel that seeps from the prostituted, western political class.

Will Russia invade Ukraine? on 15:31 - Jan 27 with 1709 viewsProfessor

Will Russia invade Ukraine? on 14:58 - Jan 27 by Lohengrin

“Some Germans.”

Would have thought the Red Army took care of most of that in 1945
Will Russia invade Ukraine? on 15:37 - Jan 27 with 1697 viewsProfessor

Will Russia invade Ukraine? on 15:23 - Jan 27 by Lohengrin

Yes he did. Realpolitik. I was listening to him on the World Service and he spoke a lot of sense, which is why he has apparently since been forced to resign his commission.

But there’s a world of difference between his thinking, his calculations, than the nauseating drivel that seeps from the prostituted, western political class.

Extremely naive of anyone to underestimate how shrewd Putin is.
And how popular in Russia. Unfortunate that a series of US presidents and European leaders have.
Will Russia invade Ukraine? on 15:41 - Jan 27 with 1694 viewscontroversial_jack

Will Russia invade Ukraine? on 14:28 - Jan 27 by onehunglow

Not forgetting of course how the might Red Army liberated German villages en route to Berlin to then eventually shut off half the city overnight.
Popular with the ladies were Russian soldiers.

If you want to read up on this , i recommend this book. An absolute masterpiece on the conflict. You could probably order it from the library

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Barbarossa-How-Hitler-Lost-War/dp/0241979188
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024