Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Russia invade Ukraine 14:17 - Dec 23 with 153037 viewsFlynnidine_Zidownes

Discuss.

Also why is Putin always described in the media as this rugged strongman? He’s barely five foot tall with his high heels on.

But that’s another debate.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Russia invade Ukraine on 10:19 - Mar 7 with 1238 viewsCatullus

Russia invade Ukraine on 10:08 - Mar 7 by Vincent_Vega

I'm no fan of these things, it would be some moment if all countries gave them up but as we're seeing on the news this very morning, what governments say they do to what they actually do is not consistent.

If we gave them all up today and make them magically disappear we'd still not help Ukraine. Even the idea of imposing a no fly zone would trigger a world war instantly regardless of nukes

If nukes didn't exist I think we would do more to help. We wouldn't have to attack Russia but we could do more.

Looking at it the other way around, if no one had nukes maybe Putin would have thought twice about invading? he knows right now the West won't charge in to rescue Ukraine because an act of war against Russia could trigger Armageddon. Would he take on NATO without the nuke deterrent?

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Russia invade Ukraine on 10:25 - Mar 7 with 1236 viewsVincent_Vega

Russia invade Ukraine on 10:19 - Mar 7 by Catullus

If nukes didn't exist I think we would do more to help. We wouldn't have to attack Russia but we could do more.

Looking at it the other way around, if no one had nukes maybe Putin would have thought twice about invading? he knows right now the West won't charge in to rescue Ukraine because an act of war against Russia could trigger Armageddon. Would he take on NATO without the nuke deterrent?

agreed but like you said 'if' but the thing is they do. I wish they were never invented but I wish no child ever felt hungry but its sadly not the case.

Boycott Shampoo......Demand Real Poo!!!

Russia invade Ukraine on 11:18 - Mar 7 with 1206 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Russia invade Ukraine on 02:09 - Mar 7 by DJack

Russian police being Russian.

Just like French, Canadian, Australian, Italian, American and the UK Police then.
To say nothing of all the despot countries.
Russia invade Ukraine on 11:31 - Mar 7 with 1196 viewsDr_Winston

Russia invade Ukraine on 10:19 - Mar 7 by Catullus

If Nukes didn't exist then at least a million people would have died during the invasion of Japan. Who knows how many more when Stalin decided that he wanted Western Europe as well (even with Nukes it was in the planning stages when he died).

They're horrible things, but they've prevented a lot of deaths.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Russia invade Ukraine on 12:13 - Mar 7 with 1180 viewsBoundy

Russia invade Ukraine on 11:18 - Mar 7 by A_Fans_Dad

Just like French, Canadian, Australian, Italian, American and the UK Police then.
To say nothing of all the despot countries.

Honestly , I think you're confused between the differences of a democratic and oppressed regime nations police force.

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Russia invade Ukraine on 12:25 - Mar 7 with 1168 viewsCountyJim

Some reports Putin has cancer so another reason for him not to give a f Uck
Russia invade Ukraine on 13:43 - Mar 7 with 1136 viewsCatullus

Russia invade Ukraine on 11:31 - Mar 7 by Dr_Winston

If Nukes didn't exist then at least a million people would have died during the invasion of Japan. Who knows how many more when Stalin decided that he wanted Western Europe as well (even with Nukes it was in the planning stages when he died).

They're horrible things, but they've prevented a lot of deaths.

What might have happened, how many would have died, it's all guesswork though. Many Japanese would have died no doubt.

Saying it saved a lot of lives may be true but if things go badly wrong they could kill a lot more than ever were saved.

Viktor Suvorov posited that Stalin had been planning to invade Western Europe for a long time but was stopped when Hitler invaded first, broke through Russian lines and seized many of Stalin's carefully stockpiled weapons and supplies.

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Russia invade Ukraine on 13:55 - Mar 7 with 1131 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Russia invade Ukraine on 08:41 - Mar 7 by Kilkennyjack

Certainly regret trusting the uk as a guarantor.

Shameful Brexit UK.

According to the BBC here's the latest on refugee resettlement, as you can see not many have made the journey to western Europe.

Poland has taken in 1,027,603 refugees
Hungary 180,163
Moldova 82,762
Slovakia 128,169
Romania 78,977
Russia 53,300
Belarus 406

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Login to get fewer ads

Russia invade Ukraine on 14:43 - Mar 7 with 1108 viewsDr_Winston

Russia invade Ukraine on 13:43 - Mar 7 by Catullus

What might have happened, how many would have died, it's all guesswork though. Many Japanese would have died no doubt.

Saying it saved a lot of lives may be true but if things go badly wrong they could kill a lot more than ever were saved.

Viktor Suvorov posited that Stalin had been planning to invade Western Europe for a long time but was stopped when Hitler invaded first, broke through Russian lines and seized many of Stalin's carefully stockpiled weapons and supplies.

The US Military is still using stocks of Purple Heart medals that they minted in preparation for the invasion of Japan nearly 80 years later. That's how many casualties they were expecting. Nearly 250,000 soldiers, sailors and civilians died during the Battle of Okinawa. A million might even be a conservative estimate to the likely death toll.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Russia invade Ukraine on 14:55 - Mar 7 with 1093 viewsFlashberryjack

Russia invade Ukraine on 13:55 - Mar 7 by JACKMANANDBOY

According to the BBC here's the latest on refugee resettlement, as you can see not many have made the journey to western Europe.

Hungary 180,163
Moldova 82,762
Slovakia 128,169
Romania 78,977
Russia 53,300
Belarus 406

The problem is, the UK have got so many illegal immigrants, there's not enough room for genuine refugees.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Russia invade Ukraine on 14:58 - Mar 7 with 1091 viewsCatullus

Russia invade Ukraine on 14:43 - Mar 7 by Dr_Winston

The US Military is still using stocks of Purple Heart medals that they minted in preparation for the invasion of Japan nearly 80 years later. That's how many casualties they were expecting. Nearly 250,000 soldiers, sailors and civilians died during the Battle of Okinawa. A million might even be a conservative estimate to the likely death toll.

Even so an estimate is still only an estimate, without it happening we can never know how it would have panned out.

At Okinawa the USA lost less than 20k troops compared to Japans estimated 110,000. The USA say 38000 - 55000 were injured. They say around 150000 civilians were dead or missing.

Russia invade Ukraine on 15:50 - Mar 7 with 1067 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Russia invade Ukraine on 12:13 - Mar 7 by Boundy

Honestly , I think you're confused between the differences of a democratic and oppressed regime nations police force.

So you haven't seen all the videos of those afore mentioned police forces beating up, tear gassing and water cannoning peaceful protestors over the last 12 months.
Where the hell have you been?
Russia invade Ukraine on 16:23 - Mar 7 with 1040 viewsonehunglow

Russia invade Ukraine on 14:55 - Mar 7 by Flashberryjack

The problem is, the UK have got so many illegal immigrants, there's not enough room for genuine refugees.

I’d swop our feckless lifelong doleites for these brave and invariably hard working Ukrainians

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Russia invade Ukraine on 16:25 - Mar 7 with 1040 viewsBoundy

Russia invade Ukraine on 15:50 - Mar 7 by A_Fans_Dad

So you haven't seen all the videos of those afore mentioned police forces beating up, tear gassing and water cannoning peaceful protestors over the last 12 months.
Where the hell have you been?

Please could you links please for each and everyone you've accused of being as dictatorial as Russian police , UK police for example teargassing or using water cannons on its citizens .

Russia invade Ukraine on 16:31 - Mar 7 with 1036 viewsCatullus

Russia invade Ukraine on 16:25 - Mar 7 by Boundy

Please could you links please for each and everyone you've accused of being as dictatorial as Russian police , UK police for example teargassing or using water cannons on its citizens .

I remember Bojo buying some water cannon, then deciding it was against our laws to use them and he either sold them on or mothballed them.

In Russia they have detained thousands for protesting against the war. In the Uk when a million strong marched in London , how many arrests were there?

Russia invade Ukraine on 16:32 - Mar 7 with 1036 viewsonehunglow

I remember the Riots of 81 and the hookah about using continental riot control tactics .

I did an attachment with Gendarmerie once in Aquitaine and it was an eye opener . No kid give them any backchat at all. Any lip was seen as being anti French ,anti Republic.

They were brutal …to us… no way would we deploy continental tactics .

Which is a shame

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Russia invade Ukraine on 16:57 - Mar 7 with 1019 viewsBoundy

Russia invade Ukraine on 16:31 - Mar 7 by Catullus

I remember Bojo buying some water cannon, then deciding it was against our laws to use them and he either sold them on or mothballed them.

In Russia they have detained thousands for protesting against the war. In the Uk when a million strong marched in London , how many arrests were there?

Boris idea of the purchase of 3 water cannons came at cost of of a loss to the taxpayer of 300K when they were scrapped ( to be fair we all saw the scenes of the riots over the UK which prompted the idea and at the time I'd have been quite happy to have seen them utilised ) Not sure how many were arrested in London during last weeks protests but if there were I'd bet my life it wasn't because they were protesting against the UKs sanctions against Russia, unlike the Russian police arresting those who were protesting against the war

Russia invade Ukraine on 16:59 - Mar 7 with 1018 viewsKilkennyjack

Russia invade Ukraine on 13:55 - Mar 7 by JACKMANANDBOY

Hungary 180,163
Moldova 82,762
Slovakia 128,169
Romania 78,977
Russia 53,300
Belarus 406

Same list ?
Whatever, Gary Nevs is quite right.
[Post edited 7 Mar 2022 17:01]

Beware of the Risen People

Russia invade Ukraine on 18:04 - Mar 7 with 976 viewsBoundy

One fact that some are missing on here is all those countries on the list with the exception of one is that they're all all intrinsically linked to Ukraine via the land mass , many neighbouring countries have open borders , we have a channel and controlled air space
Despite the usual criticism Vadym Prystaiko, Ukraine's ambassador to the UK, said that the visa process could be simplified, adding that any issues could be resolved later but right now the "maximum" number needed to be admitted.
He said any "bureaucratic nonsense" should be cleared away, although he said it was necessary to continue security checks.
But he said the UK was at the "forefront of the effort" to support Ukraine "

Russia invade Ukraine on 18:07 - Mar 7 with 973 viewsFlashberryjack

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Russia invade Ukraine on 18:32 - Mar 7 with 945 viewsA_Fans_Dad

You forgot beating up, you must know that the UK police were beating up protestors?
As for the other countries I don't need to, you can google them for yourself.
I will give you a clue
Ottawa mounted police trample old lady
Ottowa police attack protestors
Macron police use water cannon & teargas
Australian police attack protestors
New Zealnd police attack protestors
UK police attack protestors
Capitol hill police kill protestors
Rosanne Boyland
Russia invade Ukraine on 18:55 - Mar 7 with 932 viewsBoundy

Russia invade Ukraine on 18:32 - Mar 7 by A_Fans_Dad

You forgot beating up, you must know that the UK police were beating up protestors?
I will give you a clue
Rosanne Boyland

No links , you're slipping..

Russia invade Ukraine on 19:18 - Mar 7 with 919 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Russia invade Ukraine on 18:32 - Mar 7 by A_Fans_Dad

I will give you a clue
Rosanne Boyland

There is of course a word of difference between peaceful lawful protest and the illegal protest causing criminal damage where the police need to take action.

There have been far too many cases of illegal protests causing disruption to people trying to get to work, to hospital for treatment where the police have not taken quick enough to remove or arrest those causing criminal damage. Extinction rebellion and the Bristol riots come to mind.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Russia invade Ukraine on 21:03 - Mar 7 with 853 viewsBoundy

Russia invade Ukraine on 19:18 - Mar 7 by felixstowe_jack

There is of course a word of difference between peaceful lawful protest and the illegal protest causing criminal damage where the police need to take action.

There have been far too many cases of illegal protests causing disruption to people trying to get to work, to hospital for treatment where the police have not taken quick enough to remove or arrest those causing criminal damage. Extinction rebellion and the Bristol riots come to mind.

My bad , clicked down instead of up

Russia invade Ukraine on 21:19 - Mar 7 with 841 viewsGwyn737

Of course, a couple of dozen countries have waived visa requirements all together. Which is the compassionate thing to do.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024