Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea City v Southampton : Matchday Thread 2022 TUES 4th JAN 21:41 - Jan 1 with 19015 viewsNotLoyal

It’s the FA Cup which may or not may or not go ahead. It’s a may or not thing, and in 2022, this is the way things work. It’s not even May. Or not.

The full build up to the game before it is called off will be here !

Swansea City v Southampton : Lots of obvious reasons this may go ahead 3rd Jan 2022 16:11
Russell Martin seems relatively confident this game will go ahead, albeit behind closed doors at the Swansea.Com stadium on Saturday. The same goes for saints manager Ralph Hasenhüttl, however there is an obvious reason for this. 0

Liam Cullen hoping to start on Saturday in the FA Cup 4th Jan 2022 13:44
Academy graduate Liam Cullen may well be handed a start on Saturday alongside Michael Obafemi in the FA Cup third round tie against Southampton. 0

Saints calling their next game the ‘Michael Obafemi derby’ 6th Jan 2022 11:12
Michael Obafemi’s best mate at Southampton has revealed the younger squad players are calling the FA Cup game against Swansea City on Saturday as the ‘Michael Obafemi Derby’ 0

Simon Hooper will replace Referee Scott as of Tuesday 4th January.
We all love an FA Cup third round tie, it’s the one after the second round where all the big teams from every round up to the third round have won their games, mostly. However, now they become the small teams, which seems odd, some even call them minnows, which I think is a child fish. Some people are called ‘Min’ so if someone called ‘Min’ hadn’t paid their debts it would be a ‘Min owes’ me money situation, as Glen would say. Of course once the big teams become the small teams they do become of interest to the televisual transmission people, and if they do have any debts they can sometimes pay them off.

Or if two premier league teams draw each other these smaller big teams are generally ignored. This is because the BBC likes to have the premier league sides on the tv because they haven’t got any money like Amazon and Sky to pay for proper games. And if they did they would give it away to people like Jimmy Saville.

This post has been edited by an administrator

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Swansea City v Southampton : Matchday Thread 2022 on 16:27 - Jan 2 with 4582 viewsBrynmill_Jack

On our current form and remembering the pre season massacre - I’m quite fearful about this one.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Swansea City v Southampton : Matchday Thread 2022 on 16:30 - Jan 2 with 4579 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City v Southampton : Matchday Thread 2022 on 16:27 - Jan 2 by Brynmill_Jack

On our current form and remembering the pre season massacre - I’m quite fearful about this one.

Two u23 sides with tv money on offer, and maybe not if it gets postponed. Obafemi hatrick 😂

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Swansea City v Southampton : Matchday Thread 2022 on 16:34 - Jan 2 with 4574 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Swansea City v Southampton : Matchday Thread 2022 on 16:30 - Jan 2 by KeithHaynes

Two u23 sides with tv money on offer, and maybe not if it gets postponed. Obafemi hatrick 😂

I’d love to see that. Still a bit Perchy about it to be honest

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Swansea City v Southampton : Matchday Thread 2022 on 16:52 - Jan 2 with 4563 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City v Southampton : Matchday Thread 2022 on 16:34 - Jan 2 by Brynmill_Jack

The swans will want this on mate.

Swansea City v Southampton : Matchday Thread 2022 on 17:00 - Jan 2 with 4521 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Southampton : Matchday Thread 2022 on 16:34 - Jan 2 by Brynmill_Jack

It' gratifying to have recognitions at last.
Bryn and I go back years

I want to thank my mum,da,the Preacher,Emrys Jones -music teacher and the class of 61 at Brynhyfryd. It made me who I am.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Swansea City v Southampton : Matchday Thread 2022 on 09:29 - Jan 3 with 4394 viewsYrAlarch

Swansea City v Southampton : Matchday Thread 2022 on 17:00 - Jan 2 by onehunglow

It' gratifying to have recognitions at last.
Bryn and I go back years

I want to thank my mum,da,the Preacher,Emrys Jones -music teacher and the class of 61 at Brynhyfryd. It made me who I am.

I'll send the fridge along in my place to your Award Ceremony.
Swansea City v Southampton : Matchday Thread 2022 on 09:49 - Jan 3 with 4351 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Southampton : Matchday Thread 2022 on 09:29 - Jan 3 by YrAlarch

I'll send the fridge along in my place to your Award Ceremony.

Thanks.

I 'd like to nominate Dwight as runner up and a gallant Dr P bringing up the rear.

We are the three that people look for first and we must help the site traffic build,which is good.

It's God' work ,mun.

Swansea City v Southampton : Matchday Thread 2022 on 10:18 - Jan 3 with 4352 viewsWhiterockin

I expect this one to be on. 0-2.
Login to get fewer ads

Swansea City v Southampton : Matchday Thread 2022 on 15:26 - Jan 3 with 4223 viewsThornburyswan

Feels like it will go ahead but suspect it will be a much changed side with full use of the 5 subs allowed - the result will be secondary.
Swansea City v Southampton : Matchday Thread 2022 on 15:31 - Jan 3 with 4204 viewsWhiterockin

Swansea City v Southampton : Matchday Thread 2022 on 15:26 - Jan 3 by Thornburyswan

Feels like it will go ahead but suspect it will be a much changed side with full use of the 5 subs allowed - the result will be secondary.

Agreed.
Swansea City v Southampton : Matchday Thread 2022 on 16:27 - Jan 3 with 4170 viewsKeithHaynes

Agreed.

Swansea City v Southampton : Lots of obvious reasons this may go ahead 3rd Jan 2022 16:11
Russell Martin seems relatively confident this game will go ahead, albeit behind closed doors at the Swansea.Com stadium on Saturday. The same goes for saints manager Ralph Hasenhüttl, however there is an obvious reason for this. 0

Swansea City v Southampton : Matchday Thread 2022 on 16:38 - Jan 3 with 4138 viewsFlashberryjack

Swansea City v Southampton : Matchday Thread 2022 on 10:18 - Jan 3 by Whiterockin

I expect this one to be on. 0-2.

If we're lucky

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Swansea City v Southampton : Matchday Thread 2022 on 16:41 - Jan 3 with 4137 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City v Southampton : Matchday Thread 2022 on 16:38 - Jan 3 by Flashberryjack

If we're lucky

Southampton could be fielding a side half of which are under nineteen.

Swansea City v Southampton : Matchday Thread 2022 on 12:42 - Jan 4 with 3959 viewsFlynnidine_Zidownes

Swansea City v Southampton : Matchday Thread 2022 on 16:41 - Jan 3 by KeithHaynes

Southampton could be fielding a side half of which are under nineteen.

If that’s the case then half the side will be 19 and over.
Swansea City v Southampton : Matchday Thread 2022 on 15:24 - Jan 4 with 3908 viewsNotLoyal

Liam Cullen hoping to start on Saturday in the FA Cup 4th Jan 2022 13:44
Academy graduate Liam Cullen may well be handed a start on Saturday alongside Michael Obafemi in the FA Cup third round tie against Southampton. 0

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Swansea City v Southampton : Matchday Thread 2022 on 16:33 - Jan 4 with 3851 viewsvetchonian

Swansea City v Southampton : Matchday Thread 2022 on 15:26 - Jan 3 by Thornburyswan

Thats the MArtin way......the result being secondary

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Swansea City v Southampton : Matchday Thread 2022 on 16:36 - Jan 4 with 3828 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Southampton : Matchday Thread 2022 on 16:33 - Jan 4 by vetchonian

Thats the MArtin way......the result being secondary

I’d play our best 11 as they will be needing to get right into it.

I can see Benda in goal

Swansea City v Southampton : Matchday Thread 2022 on 21:40 - Jan 4 with 3732 viewsAndyCole

Swansea City v Southampton : Matchday Thread 2022 on 16:36 - Jan 4 by onehunglow

I can see Benda in goal

This.

We are desperate to get back to winning ways, and an EPL scalp could catapult confidence, credibility and momentum.

Obafemi totally up for this, desperate to prove a point and ofc 'Score Some Goals for Swansea', a la Bony.

Why on earth some here are saying the result will be secondary is meek, defeatist and bonkers.

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

Swansea City v Southampton : Matchday Thread 2022 TUES 4th JAN on 23:34 - Jan 4 with 3691 viewsbuilthjack

I have no doubt we will win this one. 3-2.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Swansea City v Southampton : Matchday Thread 2022 on 09:18 - Jan 5 with 3547 viewsnantywatcher

Swansea City v Southampton : Matchday Thread 2022 on 16:36 - Jan 4 by onehunglow

I can see Benda in goal

What select our best goalkeeper in goal! Why ever would our manager want to do that?
Swansea City v Southampton : Matchday Thread 2022 on 11:31 - Jan 5 with 3476 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Southampton : Matchday Thread 2022 on 09:18 - Jan 5 by nantywatcher

What select our best goalkeeper in goal! Why ever would our manager want to do that?

Not much between them is there nanty but Benda more prone to booting the ball long and clearing trouble

Swansea City v Southampton : Matchday Thread 2022 on 12:25 - Jan 5 with 3462 viewsnantywatcher

Swansea City v Southampton : Matchday Thread 2022 on 11:31 - Jan 5 by onehunglow

Not much between them is there nanty but Benda more prone to booting the ball long and clearing trouble

I much prefer Benda - much quicker in thought and distribution - not that quick movement of a football fits Mr Martin's ethos.
Swansea City v Southampton : Matchday Thread 2022 on 13:42 - Jan 5 with 3414 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Southampton : Matchday Thread 2022 on 12:25 - Jan 5 by nantywatcher

I much prefer Benda - much quicker in thought and distribution - not that quick movement of a football fits Mr Martin's ethos.

He was ok,but then Hamer came in and did well enough before tailing off.

This is what worries me about Martin and I cannot see how anyone can say he has improved players.

Grimes not being offloaded is key for me

Downes should be captain no2,22 or not,he has more fire than anyone in that team.A leader if ever I saw one yet one who is subbed.

Swansea City v Southampton : Matchday Thread 2022 TUES 4th JAN on 14:40 - Jan 5 with 3396 viewsFlashberryjack

Is this game on Swans live TV ?

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Swansea City v Southampton : Matchday Thread 2022 TUES 4th JAN on 14:50 - Jan 5 with 3392 viewsLittleEnglandJack

This is going to be all intents and purposes a pre-season match. Haven't played in a month, I fully expect Russ to use the squad and try and give as many players as possible some minutes.

With an empty stadium (which is absolutely scandalous, btw) I can't see this match being a classic for the neutral. A routine 0-2 to Southampton, we'll play some nice stuff but without the lift a crowd would bring I expect them to pick us off with some bits of quality.

Get it out of the way without a hammering or any fresh injuries and focus on Huddersfield.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024