Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Professor 11:58 - Jan 7 with 1585 viewsGlossolalia

I want your honest opinion here, no games.

My mother and sister both work in the NHS and are double-jabbed. Both are reluctant to take the booster owing to the way they reacted to the vaccine. My sister felt drowsy and fatigued for weeks, had numbness in her legs and noticed some quite disturbing arrhythmia. (She's a cardiologist by the way). It seems that the booster will soon be required in order for people to be fully vaccinated and for their COVID passport to be valid (take this as a given please for the sake of the Q and A).

NHS will require this booster by April 1st, it seems.

So what do you say of them? As the double-jabbed are not adequately protected against Omicron, are they, too, selfish? What would your impartial advice be? Neither want the booster in the slightest. My mother is 35 years+ with the NHS

If your response is anything other than addressing the question, don't bother replying. As I've said before, the forum works best when sincerity is taken as a given. This situation is true. I look forward to your response.
[Post edited 7 Jan 2022 12:00]
Professor on 12:56 - Jan 7 with 1508 viewsProfessor

I'm not a medic, so won't fob off some BS.

One question-did they have the AZ (adenovirus vector) or an mRNA vaccine for the initial doses? If the AZ the booster will be mRNA so a different vaccine type entirely.

If they have had mRNA (Pfizer or Moderna) all the way (very likely as NHS staff and definitely if under 40) then I understand their reluctance as there are adverse reactions, though most are very minor, but the arrhythmia is more than that and of course your sister will be anxious -we can all know too much at times. She will still be pretty well protected against any disease in reality, In her situation I would hope there is common sense and the risk means an exemption can be given. This becomes a political question then. I guess we need to see what the situation is.

The other hope is that a different vaccine entirely could (and imo should) be licensed for those where there has been a reaction or risk is greater. The novavax vaccine is a protein sub unit vaccine. These have fewer side effects, though are usually also less effective but OK at producing antibody. The European Medicines Agency has granted authority for. The MHRA should follow suit and this may be possibility. There is also this simple low cost vaccine being rolled out in developing countries ( https://www.npr.org/sections/goatsandsoda/2022/01/05/1070046189/a-texas-team-com which although again, less effective would still be a decent booster. Maria Elena spoke at a vaccine meeting here (virtually at least) in December and would (if licensed) be another possibility. I know the UK has purchased a supply of the novavax. I would hope that the sense is there to use it for situations like these. NHS staff, both those who have hesitancy over mRNA vaccines and those who have had prior problems should be at the front of the queue for these.

Let's hope some sense is seen.

EDIT-these vaccines are much more like the Hepatitis B vaccine (HbSAg) they will have received working in the NHS or with human samples.
[Post edited 7 Jan 2022 13:01]
Professor on 16:01 - Jan 7 with 1401 viewsCountyJim

I had real bad experience with first two jabs but I was pretty good after booster I had Pfizer for all jabs

Also for a few years I wasn't well after flu jab but this time nothing at all
Professor on 16:04 - Jan 7 with 1397 viewsMinesapint

Professor on 16:01 - Jan 7 by CountyJim

I had real bad experience with first two jabs but I was pretty good after booster I had Pfizer for all jabs

Me too. Quite poorly after first two AZ but absolutely fine after Pfizer booster. Apart from stinging eyes weirdly!
Professor on 16:21 - Jan 7 with 1386 viewsCatullus

I was OK with the AZ for the first 2 and I had Moderna for the booster, again fine, just a sore arm.

My wife had Pfizer/Biontech for all three jabs and she was Ok too (Ok as in no serious side effects though felt a bit off for a few hours.

My (entirely non professional) opinion is that each case be taken on its own merits or problems. If I had some severe side effects I wouldn't want another jab and I would be seeking a second medical opinion too.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Professor on 16:23 - Jan 7 with 1374 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Professor on 16:21 - Jan 7 by Catullus

I was OK with the AZ for the first 2 and I had Moderna for the booster, again fine, just a sore arm.

My wife had Pfizer/Biontech for all three jabs and she was Ok too (Ok as in no serious side effects though felt a bit off for a few hours.

My (entirely non professional) opinion is that each case be taken on its own merits or problems. If I had some severe side effects I wouldn't want another jab and I would be seeking a second medical opinion too.

Thats odd, you keep telling me that "serious side effects" don't exist and all the people are lying.
Professor on 16:57 - Jan 7 with 1356 viewsCatullus

Professor on 16:23 - Jan 7 by A_Fans_Dad

Thats odd, you keep telling me that "serious side effects" don't exist and all the people are lying.

I never said serious side effects don't exist, don't lie. What I have said is serious side effects are rare despite the outlandish claims people like you have made.

I still don't know anybody (or know anybody who knows anybody else) who has had a serious side effect.
I do know people (or knew them) who died because of covid though.

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Professor on 17:00 - Jan 7 with 1342 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Professor on 16:57 - Jan 7 by Catullus

I never said serious side effects don't exist, don't lie. What I have said is serious side effects are rare despite the outlandish claims people like you have made.

I still don't know anybody (or know anybody who knows anybody else) who has had a serious side effect.
I do know people (or knew them) who died because of covid though.

Not me making the outlandish claims, I repeat what other people say.
The US CDC, the EU, the UN WHO and Pfizer the vaccine manufacturer.
Professor on 17:02 - Jan 7 with 1343 viewsfelixstowe_jack

I have had my three vaccination apart from a slightly sore arm for day or so no side effects.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Login to get fewer ads

Professor on 17:07 - Jan 7 with 1335 viewsFlynnidine_Zidownes

I had palpitations for a few days after my second jab. That went away. Had my booster on Wednesday all good apart from a sore arm and feeling hot/cold for a day or so, which is normal.

Weirdly for the last few months I’ve been getting numbness in one hand, especially after lying down or sleeping. Reckon that might be carpal tunnel, when I’m up and about it goes away.
Professor on 17:08 - Jan 7 with 1325 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Professor on 17:02 - Jan 7 by felixstowe_jack

I have had my three vaccination apart from a slightly sore arm for day or so no side effects.

Good for you.
Professor on 17:09 - Jan 7 with 1330 viewsKilkennyjack

Professor on 17:02 - Jan 7 by felixstowe_jack

My three were totally problem free.

All Pfizer.

Beware of the Risen People

Professor on 17:12 - Jan 7 with 1325 viewsCountyJim

Everyone's body is different
Professor on 17:13 - Jan 7 with 1323 viewsCatullus

Professor on 17:00 - Jan 7 by A_Fans_Dad

Not me making the outlandish claims, I repeat what other people say.
The US CDC, the EU, the UN WHO and Pfizer the vaccine manufacturer.

No, you twisted facts, you made spurious allegations and you were roundly proved wrong. Serious side effects are very rare.

I'm not doing another groundhog day on this. You are wrong and that's the end of it.

Professor on 19:28 - Jan 7 with 1267 viewsshingle

Have had all Jabs, appx a week after each jab i would wake up and the room would be spinning my balance would be dodgy and a constant feeling of wanting to be sick, each time it lasted about a week,i went to the doctor and was given a thorough check up and they could not find anything sinister, i am a fitness fanatic and had never experienced anything like this before maybe it was nothing to do with the vaccines but it does seem a bit of a coincidence the same thing occurring after each dose i will be very sceptical about having a fourth dose now.
Professor on 19:38 - Jan 7 with 1253 viewsFlashberryjack

My wife and I had our first two jabs of AstraZeneca, she was rough for 24 hours, I was fine.

We had the Pfizer booster, both fine.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Professor on 19:56 - Jan 7 with 1230 viewsNotLoyal

I had my first two in one part of belfast, I had the booster in another.
I’m going to mass on Sunday for the first time 😂🤪

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Professor on 21:45 - Jan 7 with 1152 viewsbuilthjack

Professor on 19:38 - Jan 7 by Flashberryjack

My wife and I had our first two jabs of AstraZeneca, she was rough for 24 hours, I was fine.

We had the Pfizer booster, both fine.

I had AZ for the first two. Didn't have any problems.
Pfizer for the booster, ill for days.
But hey ho. If I get the virus then the jab will help me.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Professor on 23:42 - Jan 7 with 1113 viewsmax936

Professor on 16:04 - Jan 7 by Minesapint

Me too. Quite poorly after first two AZ but absolutely fine after Pfizer booster. Apart from stinging eyes weirdly!

My first two jabs were AZ my booster Pfizer, had booster on Friday 17th struck down with Covid on 21st after a positive LFT had PCR on 22nd and had result on 24th positive, lovely Crimbo present, still suffering now, seem like I'm coughing like a dog every other day and less on days in-between, getting lots of mucus up daily though, which is white, did have some horrible stuff up during the first few days and terrible headaches.

Can feel wheeziness on my chest when I cough, had a lot aching in my upper back shoulder blades a few days ago and struggled to breathe tidy through my nose when sleeping, even though my airways felt clear, spoke to doc and he said these symptoms could go on for a while, Im 61 in a few days, so Im glad I've had the jabs or I could have found myself in trouble, first thing doc asked was did I smoke, he was a locum doctor, who used to specialize in respiratory problems, he prescribed me Azithromycin one a day for three days, he said they might help but they certainly would do any harm. I've been back in work this week coped a couple of soakings with the weather, which probably hasn't helped.

All I know is I've been luckier than a lot of people, but its still been worse than any colds I can remember.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Professor on 23:49 - Jan 7 with 1106 viewsmax936

Professor on 16:01 - Jan 7 by CountyJim

I had a really bad arm after the booster arm was sore for days and had a little discomfort after the first jab and slight again after 2nd jab.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Professor on 04:46 - Jan 8 with 1048 viewsRonaldStump

Professor on 17:12 - Jan 7 by CountyJim

Everyone's body is different

Of course they are!
You are starting to get it now.

Long way to go but hey it's a start

(He She Him)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024