Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Russell Martin makes it very clear on Swansea City funding 12:05 - Jan 14 with 2982 viewsSwansIndependent

Russell Martin makes it very clear on Swansea City funding 14th Jan 2022 12:04
Speaking before this weekends Huddersfield Town game swans boss Russell Martin has made it clear significant funds are still required to meet with the clubs targets this January. That leaves the swans in a position we are now reading about most days. 0

Dhanda and Fulton leading the dance, click above.
Twiasteoohe below.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Russell Martin makes it very clear on Swansea City funding on 22:42 - Jan 14 with 643 viewsChief

Russell Martin makes it very clear on Swansea City funding on 22:36 - Jan 14 by BillyChong

Surely the Trust were obliged to a dividend when the sellouts started awarding them to themselves? £200k was a lot more than some of them put in, and the dividend a lot less than some of them walked away with.

The fact is £200k is £200k more than any American has ever invested.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Russell Martin makes it very clear on Swansea City funding on 00:42 - Jan 15 with 574 viewsReslovenSwan1

Russell Martin makes it very clear on Swansea City funding on 22:17 - Jan 14 by builthjack

Isn't he a mini Glazier?

The problem with the Glazers is that they bought the club with borrowed money. They then used profits from the club to pay off the personal debts they took out to buy the club. Manchester Utd fans seem much smarter than Swansea fans with celebrity figures and understood the concept.

Do you understand this?

The new owners of Burnley spent £200m on the club using £70m borrowed off Michael Dell's company (The computer maker) at an interest rate of 9%. (annual interest £6.3m). Over 10 years they have to pay back around £13m per year. Chris Wood has gone £25m and Andy Carroll is coming in perhaps because they cannot afford Keiffer Moore and pay £13m back as well. Burnley could end up in big trouble

Do you understand this?

Swansea was bought with no borrowed money. The sellers made sure of this. They are good people. Silverstein's money is his own I assume. The intention is to buy newly issued shares with it and not charge the 5%. The money for the new shares belongs to Winter and the club.

The share have not been bought because there is apparently a court case in the near future so the Chief assures me. In my opinion they will use the CLN note loan to pay off the Trust in the event of a court case loss. Winter will lose the 'free money' and have to repay the loan by getting a new loan at probably more than 5%.

Defenders of legal action lie Chief and his sidekicks are desperate to project the convertible loan note as a 'loan' not an 'investment'. When the 'investment money' is paid to the Trust in the event of a court loss they will simply argue it was a loan that had to be repaid in any case. In fact the loan does, not as we speak, need to be repaid.

As the forum most popular poster I hope you can understand the concepts raised here.
[Post edited 15 Jan 2022 0:50]

Wise sage since Toshack era

Russell Martin makes it very clear on Swansea City funding on 00:47 - Jan 15 with 571 viewsReslovenSwan1

Russell Martin makes it very clear on Swansea City funding on 22:42 - Jan 14 by Chief

The fact is £200k is £200k more than any American has ever invested.

If the £13m is converted into shares the Trust's investment will constitute £200k of the total £14m or 1.4% of the total. US and other investors will have contributed 98.6%.

Russell Martin makes it very clear on Swansea City funding on 00:57 - Jan 15 with 569 viewsChief

Russell Martin makes it very clear on Swansea City funding on 00:42 - Jan 15 by ReslovenSwan1

The problem with the Glazers is that they bought the club with borrowed money. They then used profits from the club to pay off the personal debts they took out to buy the club. Manchester Utd fans seem much smarter than Swansea fans with celebrity figures and understood the concept.

Do you understand this?

The new owners of Burnley spent £200m on the club using £70m borrowed off Michael Dell's company (The computer maker) at an interest rate of 9%. (annual interest £6.3m). Over 10 years they have to pay back around £13m per year. Chris Wood has gone £25m and Andy Carroll is coming in perhaps because they cannot afford Keiffer Moore and pay £13m back as well. Burnley could end up in big trouble

Do you understand this?

Swansea was bought with no borrowed money. The sellers made sure of this. They are good people. Silverstein's money is his own I assume. The intention is to buy newly issued shares with it and not charge the 5%. The money for the new shares belongs to Winter and the club.

The share have not been bought because there is apparently a court case in the near future so the Chief assures me. In my opinion they will use the CLN note loan to pay off the Trust in the event of a court case loss. Winter will lose the 'free money' and have to repay the loan by getting a new loan at probably more than 5%.

Defenders of legal action lie Chief and his sidekicks are desperate to project the convertible loan note as a 'loan' not an 'investment'. When the 'investment money' is paid to the Trust in the event of a court loss they will simply argue it was a loan that had to be repaid in any case. In fact the loan does, not as we speak, need to be repaid.

As the forum most popular poster I hope you can understand the concepts raised here.
[Post edited 15 Jan 2022 0:50]

I'll start on paragraph 5:

- We're told that's the intention. It could be based on good performance, pretty Silverstein would have converted pronto had we beaten Brentford. As it stands it's a loan, it's debt.

- You're stating things as fact again that aren't. And then assigning it to me. Rescind your statement or rephrase it as "you think" conversion is dependent on the trust's case. You wouldn't want to be seen to be misleading would you? Your opinion is flawed because only £5mill that we know of is loaned from people in the case who'd be liable to pay for the trust's shares. So your point is flawed. K&L might take their £5mill loan back but that wouldn't cover the purchase anyway. So rather pointless. Unrealistic.

- Because that's exactly what it is until they convert. It's a loan with interest. I don't need project or misinterpret it. It's a fact. As we speak the loan definitely does need to be repaid. You are lying again.

I do chuckle when you are incapable of directly replying to me, and when you do you have no retort to my points, just generic repeated waffle, but you can't stop referring to me when you're in conversation with others. It's rather recreant.

Russell Martin makes it very clear on Swansea City funding on 00:59 - Jan 15 with 566 viewsChief

Russell Martin makes it very clear on Swansea City funding on 00:47 - Jan 15 by ReslovenSwan1

If the £13m is converted into shares the Trust's investment will constitute £200k of the total £14m or 1.4% of the total. US and other investors will have contributed 98.6%.

But it hasn't been converted and there's no obvious timescale to do so, over a year in.

So as I say, the 200k the trust gave the club in tougher times is 200k more than any of the Americans have.

Fact.

Russell Martin makes it very clear on Swansea City funding on 01:04 - Jan 15 with 563 viewsReslovenSwan1

Russell Martin makes it very clear on Swansea City funding on 00:59 - Jan 15 by Chief

But it hasn't been converted and there's no obvious timescale to do so, over a year in.

So as I say, the 200k the trust gave the club in tougher times is 200k more than any of the Americans have.

Fact.

In correct again. The timescale was quoted as 5 years.

Part of the Trusts £200k was paid to Tony Petty and some working capital to buy building blocks and a building site. £69m of the US money was paid to the people that built the House that is called Swansea city with its state of the art facilities and squad of good players.

Russell Martin makes it very clear on Swansea City funding on 01:11 - Jan 15 with 560 viewsChief

Russell Martin makes it very clear on Swansea City funding on 01:04 - Jan 15 by ReslovenSwan1

Part of the Trusts £200k was paid to Tony Petty and some working capital to buy building blocks and a building site. £69m of the US money was paid to the people that built the House that is called Swansea city with its state of the art facilities and squad of good players.

- yes, timescale for what? That they get their money back? That it automatically gets converted?

- wow now I'm talking investment into the club. Not buying shares. The trust paid the players wages to the tune of a few hundred thousand years ago without wanting the money back, no interest, no increased shareholding.

- yes they paid money into some people's personal accounts. And those people did sanction the building of the club's academy (since downgraded) using the football club's funds (rumours however that certain figures covertly made a pretty penny out of that deal by the way).

Russell Martin makes it very clear on Swansea City funding on 13:25 - Jan 15 with 485 viewsBillyChong

Russell Martin makes it very clear on Swansea City funding on 01:04 - Jan 15 by ReslovenSwan1

5 years for what? And where was it quoted?
Login to get fewer ads

Russell Martin makes it very clear on Swansea City funding on 13:28 - Jan 15 with 480 viewsjasper_T

There's no comparison with the way the Glazers bought Man Utd.
[Post edited 15 Jan 2022 13:28]
Russell Martin makes it very clear on Swansea City funding on 14:55 - Jan 15 with 466 viewsmax936

Russell Martin makes it very clear on Swansea City funding on 00:59 - Jan 15 by Chief

Fact.

None as so blind as those that can't see. never a truer word spoke!

Yet another thread derailed, time to call an end to all this and end it surely, Mods??

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Russell Martin makes it very clear on Swansea City funding on 16:03 - Jan 15 with 449 viewsReslovenSwan1

Russell Martin makes it very clear on Swansea City funding on 14:55 - Jan 15 by max936

None as so blind as those that can't see. never a truer word spoke!

Yet another thread derailed, time to call an end to all this and end it surely, Mods??

Russel martin talks about limited funding. I point out the Trust have funds £880k doing next to nothing. Of all the owners the only ones not contributing to the Convertible loan note.

The thread not derailed at all. The Trust have the option of requesting to join the CLN and making good money while helping Martin sign real good players.

No reason for you to squeal to the mods for support.

Russell Martin makes it very clear on Swansea City funding on 16:08 - Jan 15 with 448 viewsChief

Russell Martin makes it very clear on Swansea City funding on 16:03 - Jan 15 by ReslovenSwan1

Russel martin talks about limited funding. I point out the Trust have funds £880k doing next to nothing. Of all the owners the only ones not contributing to the Convertible loan note.

The thread not derailed at all. The Trust have the option of requesting to join the CLN and making good money while helping Martin sign real good players.

- And it's been explained to you repeatedly that they weren't asked to contribute to the CLN and haven't been given information on it so they can't contribute. Is anything I've said there incorrect?

- do the trust have the option of joining the CLN? Where did you get that information from? They have requested information. But as we know the requests have fallen on deaf years. And even with all the information and the inclination to do so, the request would probably be denied anyway.
[Post edited 15 Jan 2022 16:12]

Russell Martin makes it very clear on Swansea City funding on 16:32 - Jan 15 with 431 viewsReslovenSwan1

Russell Martin makes it very clear on Swansea City funding on 16:08 - Jan 15 by Chief

- And it's been explained to you repeatedly that they weren't asked to contribute to the CLN and haven't been given information on it so they can't contribute. Is anything I've said there incorrect?

- do the trust have the option of joining the CLN? Where did you get that information from? They have requested information. But as we know the requests have fallen on deaf years. And even with all the information and the inclination to do so, the request would probably be denied anyway.
[Post edited 15 Jan 2022 16:12]

Have the Trust asked to join the CLN? They have been notified of it. They have not shown any interest as far as I can see.

Giving them details is not a priority. They move a glacial pace.

They in my opinion would be mad not to. 5% return compared to 0.15% in the Santander (based on accounts). Its risk free according to you.

Perhaps they simply not up to the job and need reform. Just what I have been advocating actually. The members should not tolerate such a dismal performance.

Russell Martin makes it very clear on Swansea City funding on 16:39 - Jan 15 with 430 viewsmax936

Russell Martin makes it very clear on Swansea City funding on 16:03 - Jan 15 by ReslovenSwan1

It is derailed by YOU as per usual, you're pathetic and you're spoiling yet another thread with you pointless drivel, you've been told the TRUTH enough times, but it doesn't sit with your AGENDA and it needs to stop, there's no squealing by me I can assure you I don't need to squeal to anyone let alone from a CLOWN like you. Mods need to act to put an end to your drivel.

Russell Martin makes it very clear on Swansea City funding on 16:50 - Jan 15 with 425 viewsBillyChong

Russell Martin makes it very clear on Swansea City funding on 16:32 - Jan 15 by ReslovenSwan1

Have the Trust asked to join the CLN? They have been notified of it. They have not shown any interest as far as I can see.

They in my opinion would be mad not to. 5% return compared to 0.15% in the Santander (based on accounts). Its risk free according to you.

Perhaps they simply not up to the job and need reform. Just what I have been advocating actually. The members should not tolerate such a dismal performance.

You’ve ignored two questions about this 5 year thing you mentioned
Russell Martin makes it very clear on Swansea City funding on 16:54 - Jan 15 with 423 viewsChief

Russell Martin makes it very clear on Swansea City funding on 16:32 - Jan 15 by ReslovenSwan1

- they were notified that it was potentially in the offing then concluded and made public prior to the trust being informed. So it's disingenuous to say they were notified of it. You are obviously trying to mislead.

- the trust queried the terms of the CLN - that's taking an interest. We know the trust still have been given that information. They can't seriously request to join it without that. This another example of you holding the trust to an impossible standard &then criticising them for it. I can see through it though.

- Agreed, it definitely isn't a priority for the Americans to provide the information or probably allow the trust to join the CLN. It isn't in their or Silversteins interest. Yes it is glacial not to provide basic terms and conditions after over a year.

- As has been explained to so so many times now the trust wouldn't want to take interest off the club. I don't really know why you can't grasp that. And your point doesn't add up.

- Your whole story is unravelling. This money making plan of taking interest off the club I presume you are saying should replace legal action. But you're also saying the case is preventing CLN conversion. So if there's no case, by your theory they'll convert. If they convert, there's no interest. Woops. Do you actually think these things through.

- the trust's job isn't to lumber the club with debt and take interest off the club. So they are performing to their remit. No refjrm required, they are a supporters trust no a personal bank. What dismal performance? Another unsubstantiated claim? You're getting very desperate with the propaganda slander campaign.

Try and respond directly to these 6 bullet points. Don't bother repeating stuff that has already been discussed. Let's see if you are capable of backing up your thoughts and responding to real scrutiny. I won't hold my breathe, but here's your opportunity to show us what you're made of.

Russell Martin makes it very clear on Swansea City funding on 17:04 - Jan 15 with 406 viewsjasper_T

The trust are shareholders just like the majority owners. Neither are a "personal bank" for the football club.

Fact is loans are necessary to keep the lights on. We were borrowing and/or factoring for cashflow even in the heady PL days. But now because banks are very wary of lending to unprofitable/unsustainable businesses other parties have had to step in.
Russell Martin makes it very clear on Swansea City funding on 17:21 - Jan 15 with 394 viewsChief

Russell Martin makes it very clear on Swansea City funding on 17:04 - Jan 15 by jasper_T

The trust are shareholders just like the majority owners. Neither are a "personal bank" for the football club.

Fact is loans are necessary to keep the lights on. We were borrowing and/or factoring for cashflow even in the heady PL days. But now because banks are very wary of lending to unprofitable/unsustainable businesses other parties have had to step in.

Yes I agree if the money is required to keep the club afloat. But Resloven is advocating the trust lending the club money to buy a new league 1 goalkeeper.

And if the money was that desperately needed, surely all other shareholders should have pressurised (at least asked) the trust to contribute.

We know that didn't happen. Probably because the trust offers a ripe dilution opportunity for Silverstein.

Russell Martin makes it very clear on Swansea City funding on 17:25 - Jan 15 with 391 viewsReslovenSwan1

Russell Martin makes it very clear on Swansea City funding on 16:54 - Jan 15 by Chief

- they were notified that it was potentially in the offing then concluded and made public prior to the trust being informed. So it's disingenuous to say they were notified of it. You are obviously trying to mislead.

- the trust queried the terms of the CLN - that's taking an interest. We know the trust still have been given that information. They can't seriously request to join it without that. This another example of you holding the trust to an impossible standard &then criticising them for it. I can see through it though.

- Agreed, it definitely isn't a priority for the Americans to provide the information or probably allow the trust to join the CLN. It isn't in their or Silversteins interest. Yes it is glacial not to provide basic terms and conditions after over a year.

- As has been explained to so so many times now the trust wouldn't want to take interest off the club. I don't really know why you can't grasp that. And your point doesn't add up.

- Your whole story is unravelling. This money making plan of taking interest off the club I presume you are saying should replace legal action. But you're also saying the case is preventing CLN conversion. So if there's no case, by your theory they'll convert. If they convert, there's no interest. Woops. Do you actually think these things through.

- the trust's job isn't to lumber the club with debt and take interest off the club. So they are performing to their remit. No refjrm required, they are a supporters trust no a personal bank. What dismal performance? Another unsubstantiated claim? You're getting very desperate with the propaganda slander campaign.

Try and respond directly to these 6 bullet points. Don't bother repeating stuff that has already been discussed. Let's see if you are capable of backing up your thoughts and responding to real scrutiny. I won't hold my breathe, but here's your opportunity to show us what you're made of.

We have been through this ad nausea.

You said.

"As has been explained to so so many times now the trust wouldn't want to take interest off the club. I don't really know why you can't grasp that. And your point doesn't add up."

Who are you to make such a comment? It is clearly allowable for the Trust to loan money to the club and take interest. The interest is reasonable generous and 33 times what they were getting in the Santander. It is is the clubs best interest. If the Trust consider this rate excessive they can voluntarily take less. Are they perhaps Muslim and unable to take interest for moral reasons.

All the other shareholder it appears have contributed. Why have the Trust not notified the other owners they wish to join?

Russell Martin makes it very clear on Swansea City funding on 17:37 - Jan 15 with 385 viewsChief

Russell Martin makes it very clear on Swansea City funding on 17:25 - Jan 15 by ReslovenSwan1

We have been through this ad nausea.

You said.

"As has been explained to so so many times now the trust wouldn't want to take interest off the club. I don't really know why you can't grasp that. And your point doesn't add up."

Who are you to make such a comment? It is clearly allowable for the Trust to loan money to the club and take interest. The interest is reasonable generous and 33 times what they were getting in the Santander. It is is the clubs best interest. If the Trust consider this rate excessive they can voluntarily take less. Are they perhaps Muslim and unable to take interest for moral reasons.

All the other shareholder it appears have contributed. Why have the Trust not notified the other owners they wish to join?

- I have explained this to you a lot yes.

- I did say that.

- a trust member who sees the situation logically. Who are you?Nobody said it wasn't allowable. The reason that trust wouldn't want to get involved is because the interest is generous. Yes they could take less, but then they aren't going to make much of an income, which is what I thought was the whole point of this? Which means the selling shares through court option is still a preferable option. Do you really think these things through?

- because unlike the other shareholders they haven't been provided with the information required to do.

So I see you didn't have the minerals to address the 6 points in my last post. Just more generic waffle.
[Post edited 15 Jan 2022 17:38]

Russell Martin makes it very clear on Swansea City funding on 18:14 - Jan 15 with 364 viewsReslovenSwan1

Russell Martin makes it very clear on Swansea City funding on 17:37 - Jan 15 by Chief

- I have explained this to you a lot yes.

- I did say that.

- a trust member who sees the situation logically. Who are you?Nobody said it wasn't allowable. The reason that trust wouldn't want to get involved is because the interest is generous. Yes they could take less, but then they aren't going to make much of an income, which is what I thought was the whole point of this? Which means the selling shares through court option is still a preferable option. Do you really think these things through?

- because unlike the other shareholders they haven't been provided with the information required to do.

So I see you didn't have the minerals to address the 6 points in my last post. Just more generic waffle.
[Post edited 15 Jan 2022 17:38]

I am the only one with minerals to ask the necessary questions of who interests exactly the Trusts members are serving with the legal case. A likely £7m bumper pay day from a successful case for the well healed legal elite of south east England.

Most of the £7m will come from the people who have just loaned £13m to the club. The 1200 members might like to ask themselves " will the loanees consider recovering their loan from the club to give it to the English legal people if they lost the case". Of course they will. This mean £7m debt to the club because Winter has already spent it.

No one of the 1000+ member answer why they are doing this. A severe depletion of minerals. They voted for this 4 years ago but the world has changed the Trust leadership has changed and the membership has changed. The 'asset strippers' just pumped £13m into the club to buy potential superstars lie Downes and Piroe. Martin is several level up on Potter in recruitment at least. Silverstein and co like the look of how their cash is being spent.
[Post edited 15 Jan 2022 18:15]

Russell Martin makes it very clear on Swansea City funding on 18:16 - Jan 15 with 360 viewsBillyChong

Russell Martin makes it very clear on Swansea City funding on 18:14 - Jan 15 by ReslovenSwan1

I am the only one with minerals to ask the necessary questions of who interests exactly the Trusts members are serving with the legal case. A likely £7m bumper pay day from a successful case for the well healed legal elite of south east England.

Most of the £7m will come from the people who have just loaned £13m to the club. The 1200 members might like to ask themselves " will the loanees consider recovering their loan from the club to give it to the English legal people if they lost the case". Of course they will. This mean £7m debt to the club because Winter has already spent it.

No one of the 1000+ member answer why they are doing this. A severe depletion of minerals. They voted for this 4 years ago but the world has changed the Trust leadership has changed and the membership has changed. The 'asset strippers' just pumped £13m into the club to buy potential superstars lie Downes and Piroe. Martin is several level up on Potter in recruitment at least. Silverstein and co like the look of how their cash is being spent.

There won’t be £7m in legal costs

“Pumped” = loaned with interest
Russell Martin makes it very clear on Swansea City funding on 18:19 - Jan 15 with 356 viewsChief

Russell Martin makes it very clear on Swansea City funding on 16:54 - Jan 15 by Chief

Why won't you reply to this Resloven?

Russell Martin makes it very clear on Swansea City funding on 18:36 - Jan 15 with 341 viewsChief

Russell Martin makes it very clear on Swansea City funding on 18:14 - Jan 15 by ReslovenSwan1

Ah I see it's another random trust bashing post instead of replying to my retorts.

- no you're a twisted biased person with a grudge who has been explained to repeatedly what purpose the case serves. £7mill now. Haha you're reducing the windfall weekly.

- Yes, the same people who could be found to have acted inappropriately around the sale have loaned the club about £5mill. They could take their loan out to pay, but if the loan is so crucial in propping up the club they'd be silly to do so. The members wouldn't ask such irrelevant or silly questions regarding the nationality of the lawyers.

- I've told you repeatedly. Shoes you don't pay much attention. Or it's actually that you pretend not to pay attention. That's why you keep repeating tired old story's that have been debunked ages ago purely to attack the trust. I've had to flag you up on numerous lies and disingenuous comments this week alone. As I keep telling you the members want the case to go ahead no matter how much you wish otherwise. The leadership is irrelevant, the mandate doesn't change. Well they've loaned £10mill plus. With interest. You are the only one these days bringing up asset stripping. The trust haven't done so.

Russell Martin makes it very clear on Swansea City funding on 18:39 - Jan 15 with 339 viewsmax936

Russell Martin makes it very clear on Swansea City funding on 18:36 - Jan 15 by Chief

Ah I see it's another random trust bashing post instead of replying to my retorts.

- no you're a twisted biased person with a grudge who has been explained to repeatedly what purpose the case serves. £7mill now. Haha you're reducing the windfall weekly.

- Yes, the same people who could be found to have acted inappropriately around the sale have loaned the club about £5mill. They could take their loan out to pay, but if the loan is so crucial in propping up the club they'd be silly to do so. The members wouldn't ask such irrelevant or silly questions regarding the nationality of the lawyers.

- I've told you repeatedly. Shoes you don't pay much attention. Or it's actually that you pretend not to pay attention. That's why you keep repeating tired old story's that have been debunked ages ago purely to attack the trust. I've had to flag you up on numerous lies and disingenuous comments this week alone. As I keep telling you the members want the case to go ahead no matter how much you wish otherwise. The leadership is irrelevant, the mandate doesn't change. Well they've loaned £10mill plus. With interest. You are the only one these days bringing up asset stripping. The trust haven't done so.

Leave it there Chief he's as thick as mince, you just giving the clown the oxygen he needs to keep going.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024