Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If you were a Labour Party strategist... 18:33 - Jan 19 with 807 viewsLohengrin

If you were a Labour Party strategist would you really want Johnson to resign?

If that was my job I’d be strongly urging Starmer to ease off. Johnson’s reputation is irreparably tarnished, he’d be exactly who I’d want leading Labour’s opponents into the next election.

Are they capable of taking the long view?

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

If you were a Labour Party strategist... on 18:37 - Jan 19 with 791 viewsCatullus

It's a hard shout but have the tories got anyone worthwhile to replace him? Sunak?

Bojo is hanging on by his fingernails and maybe he's hoping events elsewhere in the world will distract people from his idiocy. Maybe a Russian invasion of Ukraine will grab the attention.

On the other hand Loh, if you were a tory strategist you'd be pleading with Bojo to quit, surely?

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

If you were a Labour Party strategist... on 18:42 - Jan 19 with 787 viewsLohengrin

If you were a Labour Party strategist... on 18:37 - Jan 19 by Catullus

It's a hard shout but have the tories got anyone worthwhile to replace him? Sunak?

Bojo is hanging on by his fingernails and maybe he's hoping events elsewhere in the world will distract people from his idiocy. Maybe a Russian invasion of Ukraine will grab the attention.

On the other hand Loh, if you were a tory strategist you'd be pleading with Bojo to quit, surely?

” On the other hand Loh, if you were a tory strategist you'd be pleading with Bojo to quit, surely?”

If I was he’d have never got the gig in the first place, Cat.

If you were a Labour Party strategist... on 18:51 - Jan 19 with 777 viewsBadlands

Johnson as pm is the best chance Labour have of winning the next election.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

If you were a Labour Party strategist... on 19:00 - Jan 19 with 756 viewsFlashberryjack

If you were a Labour Party strategist... on 18:51 - Jan 19 by Badlands

Johnson won the last election for the same reasons you just described.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

If you were a Labour Party strategist... on 19:02 - Jan 19 with 752 viewsLohengrin

If you were a Labour Party strategist... on 18:51 - Jan 19 by Badlands

That’s exactly the point I was making.

Sitting there earlier watching PMQs, listening to the opposition benches calling for him to resign, I was left scratching my head. They’re simply not thinking this situation through logically at all.

Myopia? Naivety? Stupidity?

If you were a Labour Party strategist... on 19:05 - Jan 19 with 748 viewsLohengrin

If you were a Labour Party strategist... on 19:00 - Jan 19 by Flashberryjack

Johnson won the last election for the same reasons you just described.

Exactly right. The last thing Cummings and co. wanted was Corbyn to be replaced before the election. He was their nap hand.

If you were a Labour Party strategist... on 19:11 - Jan 19 with 733 viewsFlynnidine_Zidownes

I would call for a no confidence vote before the 1922 lot can. The tories would close ranks and get behind Boris like they did with May as they wouldn’t want Labour to get this victory. This keeps Boris in for the foreseeable future while the tories tank in the polls.
If you were a Labour Party strategist... on 19:17 - Jan 19 with 729 viewsSirjohnalot

Election is two years away. It’s a long time, people, potentially, forget. Johnson is an arse but he has a ‘lovable persona’. Apparently Liz Truss is the favourite, bizarrely. She’s just as bad but without his charisma.

If he falls be interesting to see if the whole cabinet go too.

Also Labour have to go for the jugular, be seen as very week otherwise, especially from the loony far left who are gunning for KS
[Post edited 19 Jan 2022 19:18]
Login to get fewer ads

If you were a Labour Party strategist... on 19:19 - Jan 19 with 710 viewsItchySphincter

Definitely at this stage Labour should be doing everything they can to keep a Bozo in number 10.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

If you were a Labour Party strategist... on 19:45 - Jan 19 with 673 viewsjack_lord

A lot of people knew Boris was a rogue before the last election but had the press on his side and he had the ace card of Brexit bringing in the Labour vote. The honeymoon is over. He can still, get away with a lot of what he does wrong as many of the "right" and "left" think it is great having a bloke who can do that.
Two years will come quickly and I'm not sure if a new leader will be able to undo Boris blunders.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

If you were a Labour Party strategist... on 20:08 - Jan 19 with 641 viewsFlashberryjack

If you were a Labour Party strategist... on 19:45 - Jan 19 by jack_lord

A lot of people knew Boris was a rogue before the last election but had the press on his side and he had the ace card of Brexit bringing in the Labour vote. The honeymoon is over. He can still, get away with a lot of what he does wrong as many of the "right" and "left" think it is great having a bloke who can do that.
Two years will come quickly and I'm not sure if a new leader will be able to undo Boris blunders.

If they get rid of Boris now, they'll have a good 18 months to try and turn things around.

Just remember, Labour have quite a few idiot MP's of their own, and 18 months is a long time to keep them under wraps, although they did manage that with Diane Abbott.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

If you were a Labour Party strategist... on 20:11 - Jan 19 with 632 viewsGwyn737

If you were a Labour Party strategist... on 20:08 - Jan 19 by Flashberryjack

If they get rid of Boris now, they'll have a good 18 months to try and turn things around.

Just remember, Labour have quite a few idiot MP's of their own, and 18 months is a long time to keep them under wraps, although they did manage that with Diane Abbott.

They’ll have to do it quickly- the front bench is very ‘Boris’ too. It needs a bit of a sea change.

I’m still not totally sold on Starmer, but he’s got some serious politicians in his shadow cabinet. First time for a while.
If you were a Labour Party strategist... on 20:56 - Jan 19 with 590 viewsmajorraglan

Really interesting thread you've started.

Was thinking about this earlier and all the dynamics, I’d go for the jugular now and try to get shot of him. Boris is a liar, but he’s shown Teflon abilities in the past and his wild hair and bumbling buffoonery resonates with lots of people. He turned around 40 to 50 red wall seats. As long as he’s there, Cummins will keep chipping away attempting to damage Boris and that will help Labour. There aren’t many ministers in the cabinet who have charisma and the ability to bring people with them, so if I was Starmer I’d try to get rid of Boris and keep digging away with sleaze. Michelle Mone is now under investigation in the House of Lords for her part in a £200m contract, that’s what Starmer needs to pick up on if Boris is moved on.
If you were a Labour Party strategist... on 23:10 - Jan 19 with 532 viewsKilkennyjack

Get rid of Johnson, get rid of Brexit.
Thats enough of a reason right there.

Enough of all the lies, corruption, and cowardly hiding.

It may even save this union of unequal nations in which we all unfortunately have to live, but maybe not for too much longer. Annibyniaeth.

Beware of the Risen People

If you were a Labour Party strategist... on 23:21 - Jan 19 with 529 viewsPawelAbbott

This is Labour's big problem. Getting rid of Boris is pressing the reset button. It wipes their slate clean of everything bad that he did before. They'll still claim the successes but everything negative goes away.
But , it only remains a big negative whilst we all still talk about it. If we stop talking about it and they stop being hounded then it goes away pretty quickly.
They needJohnson to win a vote of no confidence bit only with a very slim majority. Then they can keep hounding him and blame it all on Tory misrule.
If he goes then they Labour are doomed to lose again
If you were a Labour Party strategist... on 09:15 - Jan 20 with 472 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Looks like the defection of a left wing Conservative MP to Labour has united the Conservative party behind Johnson. They can now see the threat a Marxist government would have on the UK economy.

After all the good news recently unemployment down and lower than EU, GDP up , the successful UK vaccination programme things will only continue to get better for the UK over the next two years or so before the General election.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

If you were a Labour Party strategist... on 09:23 - Jan 20 with 467 viewsItchySphincter

If you were a Labour Party strategist... on 09:15 - Jan 20 by felixstowe_jack

Looks like the defection of a left wing Conservative MP to Labour has united the Conservative party behind Johnson. They can now see the threat a Marxist government would have on the UK economy.

After all the good news recently unemployment down and lower than EU, GDP up , the successful UK vaccination programme things will only continue to get better for the UK over the next two years or so before the General election.

“Marxist”.

Whilst most of the nation has woken up, Felix is still in his own parallel universe.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

If you were a Labour Party strategist... on 09:35 - Jan 20 with 462 viewsCatullus

If you were a Labour Party strategist... on 09:23 - Jan 20 by ItchySphincter

“Marxist”.

Whilst most of the nation has woken up, Felix is still in his own parallel universe.

Marxist, he is having a laugh, politically, Starmer has more in common with Mrs Doubtfire than Pol Pot.

Corbyn was the closest to being Marxist and he's why we got stuck with Bojo.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

If you were a Labour Party strategist... on 09:45 - Jan 20 with 457 viewsProfessor

You would want Johnson gone. He may be an incompetent liar, but he has charisma and appeals to the older voter. Whilst Sunak still has some gloss, this will wear thin with increased living costs and when the NI increases bite in the spring. Truss will get destroyed in the commons, she lacks charisma and intelligence enough-she's no Thatcher, indeed no May even. Gove I find interesting, as he is almost certainly the most capable of the Cabinet, but can't see him having public appeal. The alternative is someone like Jeremy Hunt who would be a closer match to Starmer.

The bigger problem the Tories is face is the Labour front bench is now a bunch of competent politicians and much of the recent crop of Tories are shockingly awful, nodding dogs..The likes of Patel will get ripped a new one by Yvette Cooper on a regular basis. It's going to be far harder to discredit these than the likes of Dianne Abbott, Long-Bailey etc. from brother Corbyn's time. The electorate get fed up eventually of even the competent like Major and Brown, when idiots are allowed to rear their head. We don't like corruption and this is a level of government corruption almost going back to the days of Rotten Boroughs.

Good thread though. Some nice debate.
If you were a Labour Party strategist... on 10:04 - Jan 20 with 446 viewsYrAlarch

I think the publishing of the Gray Report could be the defining moment in Johnson's tenure as PM.

As a Labour Party supporter (not a Marxist) I would not be too unhappy for Johnson to remain as his lack of integrity will surely come to the fore again. Let the electorate show their feelings about him and his sleazy cohorts at the next Election.

That's democracy.
If you were a Labour Party strategist... on 12:41 - Jan 20 with 408 viewswhiterock

If you were a Labour Party strategist... on 10:04 - Jan 20 by YrAlarch

I think the publishing of the Gray Report could be the defining moment in Johnson's tenure as PM.

As a Labour Party supporter (not a Marxist) I would not be too unhappy for Johnson to remain as his lack of integrity will surely come to the fore again. Let the electorate show their feelings about him and his sleazy cohorts at the next Election.

That's democracy.

With you on this, the trouble is people are not looking for serious political leaders any more they are looking for charisma, Boris is a buffoon but get away with it. Starmer is a serious politician and wins PMQs hands down with his legal brain but unfortunately, has little charisma.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024