Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Paterson's price? 14:42 - Jan 20 with 3744 viewsJonathandeGuzman

Martin revealed that the owners stance is quite straight forward.
Clubs keen?
The owners have made their stance really clear. If he’s still our player in two weeks I'll be really happy.
Owners' stance?
Everyone has a price. We gave Pato a chance in the summer and extended his contract to give him more security. That’s where we’re at.

So that leaves the question, what is his price you think? Still 1.5 year to go on his current contract.

(Such a shame that O'riley is now moving to Celtic, Paterson funds could maybe be the key factor for meetign the release clause)
Paterson's price? on 14:57 - Jan 20 with 3035 viewsThornburyswan

Suspect anything north of £500K would be accepted, maybe with add-ons.
Paterson's price? on 15:09 - Jan 20 with 2999 viewsmagicdaps10

Paterson's price? on 14:57 - Jan 20 by Thornburyswan

Suspect anything north of £500K would be accepted, maybe with add-ons.

I was going to say 500k all things considered, might get a bit more as it's desperate Jan and only 2 weeks to go.

What's the odds that he goes and we replace with one of Scott Twine or Scully at Lincoln? Noticed Martin dropped in Scott Twine's name in his presser earlier.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Paterson's price? on 15:23 - Jan 20 with 2950 viewsWhiterockin

Put him on the team sheet for Saturday, the look on his face will be "priceless" when he realises he has to face the fans after what he has done. I'll make sure his head is not in the right place.
Paterson's price? on 15:44 - Jan 20 with 2900 viewsJonathandeGuzman

Paterson's price? on 15:09 - Jan 20 by magicdaps10

I was going to say 500k all things considered, might get a bit more as it's desperate Jan and only 2 weeks to go.

What's the odds that he goes and we replace with one of Scott Twine or Scully at Lincoln? Noticed Martin dropped in Scott Twine's name in his presser earlier.

The odds on Scott Twine? If we can't cough up 1.5 mil for O'Riley we surely can't afford Scott Twine:)
Scully would be nice but Keith recently suggested he might be off to Preston I believe.

Regarding the whole Paterson situation. I would actually like him to stay, just so we have some creativity left in case of injuries to Ntcham or Wolf. Still, If he stays this january, he will most certainly be out in the summer transfer window, as the relationship with our fans already seems to be ruined
Paterson's price? on 15:45 - Jan 20 with 2895 viewsThrasher6

Heard no one actually stick up for Pato. He's done well for us, and feels aggrieved that he didn't get a pay rise...(think about it in the context of where you work..)
Now I'm just putting the question out there....should we have been more 'sympathetic' and give him a rise. After all he was a pretty important cog in our machine at the moment...

Poll: Social Distancing: When will it be an obsolete word?

Paterson's price? on 16:07 - Jan 20 with 2828 viewsJonathandeGuzman

Paterson's price? on 15:45 - Jan 20 by Thrasher6

Heard no one actually stick up for Pato. He's done well for us, and feels aggrieved that he didn't get a pay rise...(think about it in the context of where you work..)
Now I'm just putting the question out there....should we have been more 'sympathetic' and give him a rise. After all he was a pretty important cog in our machine at the moment...

Agree mate. Every story has two sides. His recent performances certainly gave reason to increase his wages. And if our club was in a different financial situation we would maybe have given him a pay raise. But taking into account that we picked him up after his future was up in the air, i think he could be satisfied with the extension as it was, with possibly contract negotiations in the summer.

From Russel martins press conference it certainly seemed like his agents have influenced him in his decision to go on “strike”.

I hope he can return and show the fan base that he once again is commited to the club. But even of he returns i’m afraid he will go in the summer.

As for the rumoured price. 500k is peanuts for a team like WBA, who will bring him in as a backup player. So seems likely that he will move on this transfer window.
Paterson's price? on 16:15 - Jan 20 with 2800 viewsCatullus

Paterson's price? on 16:07 - Jan 20 by JonathandeGuzman

Agree mate. Every story has two sides. His recent performances certainly gave reason to increase his wages. And if our club was in a different financial situation we would maybe have given him a pay raise. But taking into account that we picked him up after his future was up in the air, i think he could be satisfied with the extension as it was, with possibly contract negotiations in the summer.

From Russel martins press conference it certainly seemed like his agents have influenced him in his decision to go on “strike”.

I hope he can return and show the fan base that he once again is commited to the club. But even of he returns i’m afraid he will go in the summer.

As for the rumoured price. 500k is peanuts for a team like WBA, who will bring him in as a backup player. So seems likely that he will move on this transfer window.

You know, a lot of people work very hard every day and don't get a pay rise for years. Yet you say a player who has been a bit inconsistent now deserves a pay rise? he signed the contract, he agreed the extension clause. Why do footballers think they can sign a contract and then just play up for a pay rise a few months into it?

There's a lot of people in Swansea who are really struggling. Inflation is rising but their pay isn't, fuel is rising again, gas and electricity going up, council tax will undoubtedly rise, food prices are rising and a lot of people use foodbanks but lets give Pato a pay rise because he doesn't want to honour his contract?

Nah, he can feck off. That's my opinion.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Paterson's price? on 16:20 - Jan 20 with 2786 viewsThrasher6

Paterson's price? on 16:15 - Jan 20 by Catullus

You know, a lot of people work very hard every day and don't get a pay rise for years. Yet you say a player who has been a bit inconsistent now deserves a pay rise? he signed the contract, he agreed the extension clause. Why do footballers think they can sign a contract and then just play up for a pay rise a few months into it?

There's a lot of people in Swansea who are really struggling. Inflation is rising but their pay isn't, fuel is rising again, gas and electricity going up, council tax will undoubtedly rise, food prices are rising and a lot of people use foodbanks but lets give Pato a pay rise because he doesn't want to honour his contract?

Accept that...it's a tricky one. But I'd like to think we as fans will give him a little bit of slack...maybe.!

Login to get fewer ads

Paterson's price? on 16:22 - Jan 20 with 2781 viewsBadlands

Reports are that WBA, if interested previously, have cooled since he withdrew himself from our squad.
From what I have read it appears clubs made sounds about him to his agent (reading Martin's comments it is clear the agent is the mover in this situation) so when we read that clubs have made enquiries It does not mean 'the owners' want to sell.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Paterson's price? on 16:22 - Jan 20 with 2781 viewsnantywatcher

He's a "highlights" player. 3/4 great moments every match, balanced by 1/2 terrible mistakes and for the majority of the time no more than a bystander. I'd miss the highlights but overall be more than happy to see the back of him. 500k - that seems ambitious.
Paterson's price? on 16:25 - Jan 20 with 2759 viewsCatullus

Paterson's price? on 16:20 - Jan 20 by Thrasher6

Accept that...it's a tricky one. But I'd like to think we as fans will give him a little bit of slack...maybe.!

Not tricky to me. If he refuses to play again stick him in the U23's and fine him for every game he won't play.

Surely these contracts have discipline clauses? With so many clubs in financial trouble Pato might be well served to shut the hell up and get on with his job.

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Paterson's price? (n/t) on 17:11 - Jan 20 with 2679 viewsThrasher6

[Post edited 20 Jan 2022 17:12]

Paterson's price? on 17:22 - Jan 20 with 2641 viewsReslovenSwan1

Paterson's price? on 16:25 - Jan 20 by Catullus

Not tricky to me. If he refuses to play again stick him in the U23's and fine him for every game he won't play.

Surely these contracts have discipline clauses? With so many clubs in financial trouble Pato might be well served to shut the hell up and get on with his job.

Spot on Cat, once Pato gets a rise what about Piroe , what about Smith what about Flynn he has been great too?.

The extension was part of the existing contract not a new contract. It is not negotiable.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Paterson's price? on 18:15 - Jan 20 with 2548 viewsThrasher6

Paterson's price? on 17:22 - Jan 20 by ReslovenSwan1

Spot on Cat, once Pato gets a rise what about Piroe , what about Smith what about Flynn he has been great too?.

The extension was part of the existing contract not a new contract. It is not negotiable.

I love this hardline stuff....it's quite funny with the demographic of 50+ on the board...seems no mercy...
Edit: Spend an afternoon watching Twelve Angry Men...great film. Men's vulnerabilty...in a nutshell

Paterson's price? on 18:25 - Jan 20 with 2527 viewsmax936

Spot on totally agree.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Paterson's price? on 18:39 - Jan 20 with 2501 viewsmax936

Paterson's price? on 16:25 - Jan 20 by Catullus

We don't want him taking the field and stinking the place out though, I hope Martin just won't play him because he says he wants to play, need more than that from him, although him showing attitude on the field will perhaps put other clubs off him, so he'd be bonkers to do that.
[Post edited 20 Jan 2022 18:45]

Paterson's price? on 18:43 - Jan 20 with 2486 viewsmagicdaps10

Paterson's price? on 18:39 - Jan 20 by max936

We don't want him taking the field and stinking the place out though, I hope Martin just won't play him because he says he wants to play, need more than that from him, although him showing attitude on the field will perhaps put other clubs off him, so he'd be bonkers to do that.
[Post edited 20 Jan 2022 18:45]

Might work in the public sector but imagine pulling that card in the private sector!

Football needs to man the fook up for sure, only in football can a manager failed and get paid out millions for doing so....its a disgrace.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Paterson's price? on 18:51 - Jan 20 with 2471 viewsmax936

Paterson's price? on 18:43 - Jan 20 by magicdaps10

Might work in the public sector but imagine pulling that card in the private sector!

Football needs to man the fook up for sure, only in football can a manager failed and get paid out millions for doing so....its a disgrace.

Totally agree.

Paterson's price? on 19:16 - Jan 20 with 2430 viewsjasper_T

Paterson's price? on 18:43 - Jan 20 by magicdaps10

Plenty of CEOs out there failing upwards. It's not only football.
Paterson's price? on 19:51 - Jan 20 with 2368 viewsSirjohnalot

Brilliantly handled by RM, fantastic man management, taking pressure off a player who seems to have mental health frailties and seemingly being misled by an agent. In this way if he doesn’t go, he’ll still have a path back.
None of us know what’s going on, agent, acting as his ‘friend’ may well have been trying to persuade him that the club isn’t on his side. Boss seems to be saying Pato has been manipulated.

Don’t think we should set out to boo any of our players especially if he does have mental health problems.

I did initially say, get rid of him, this has made me think twice
Paterson's price? on 20:36 - Jan 20 with 2297 viewsraynor94

Paterson's price? on 19:51 - Jan 20 by Sirjohnalot

Brilliantly handled by RM, fantastic man management, taking pressure off a player who seems to have mental health frailties and seemingly being misled by an agent. In this way if he doesn’t go, he’ll still have a path back.
None of us know what’s going on, agent, acting as his ‘friend’ may well have been trying to persuade him that the club isn’t on his side. Boss seems to be saying Pato has been manipulated.

Don’t think we should set out to boo any of our players especially if he does have mental health problems.

Great Post!

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Paterson's price? on 21:24 - Jan 20 with 2216 viewsJonathandeGuzman

Paterson's price? on 19:51 - Jan 20 by Sirjohnalot

Great post indeed!
Paterson's price? on 09:22 - Jan 21 with 2003 viewsbuilthjack

I can't see him going. Maybe best if they agree to review it at the end of the season. He needs to get his head down and work hard until then.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Paterson's price? on 09:41 - Jan 21 with 1987 viewsCatullus

Paterson's price? on 18:15 - Jan 20 by Thrasher6

I love this hardline stuff....it's quite funny with the demographic of 50+ on the board...seems no mercy...
Edit: Spend an afternoon watching Twelve Angry Men...great film. Men's vulnerabilty...in a nutshell

maybe it's because us 50+ posters have enough life experience and perspective on whats important to call someone out for their BS?

Then lets look at the possible knock on effect, Pato kicks off and gets his pay rise, other players look at it and think, it worked for him so why not try it, can you see the possibiity of it causing problems down the line?

Look at Mo Salah, is he asking for 1 million per month after tax because he deserves it or because it's a status thing and he wants it to prove he is one of the worlds best players? When is enough enough? Why should too much never be enough?
Why does Pato deserve a pay rise after a few months when, looking at it objectively, if he does so does Piroe but Piroe isn't complaining and Piroe has been far more consistent, in my opinion.

A mans vulnerability is often his ego, maybe the agent has massaged Pato's ego and convinced him he deserves a pay rise, maybe this isn't our weakness, maybe it's Pato's weakness. If he gets the pay rise, so does his agent.

Paterson's price? on 12:59 - Jan 21 with 1919 viewsWhiterockin

Paterson's price? on 09:41 - Jan 21 by Catullus

maybe it's because us 50+ posters have enough life experience and perspective on whats important to call someone out for their BS?

Then lets look at the possible knock on effect, Pato kicks off and gets his pay rise, other players look at it and think, it worked for him so why not try it, can you see the possibiity of it causing problems down the line?

Look at Mo Salah, is he asking for 1 million per month after tax because he deserves it or because it's a status thing and he wants it to prove he is one of the worlds best players? When is enough enough? Why should too much never be enough?
Why does Pato deserve a pay rise after a few months when, looking at it objectively, if he does so does Piroe but Piroe isn't complaining and Piroe has been far more consistent, in my opinion.

A mans vulnerability is often his ego, maybe the agent has massaged Pato's ego and convinced him he deserves a pay rise, maybe this isn't our weakness, maybe it's Pato's weakness. If he gets the pay rise, so does his agent.

Quality post.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024