Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Season ticket renewal 15:27 - Jan 24 with 5966 viewssw02sea

Just been on one of the other Swans sites, and this topic has come up there. There seems to be varying levels of apathy, concerning the renewal of season tickets. Even from Phil Sumbler, who many will know as a die hard Swans stalwart.
Could it be a mixture of the covid blues we’ve all had to endure, and because of this, people getting out of the habit of watching live football, and finding other pass times instead.
Or perhaps, Some of the football has been hard to watch (Cooperball)
Or watching games like one in particular with 75% possession, and loosing 1-4.
Or especially now, with inflation and price raises in seemingly everything, it’s hardly a wonder that the last thing on people’s minds, is stumping up cash for a season ticket.
My mate who sits next to me, watched 2 games earlier this season, and hasn’t been back since.
Considering we were both North bank boys, and stuck labels on the seats we wanted in The Newly built Liberal Stadium ( on the halfway line, half way up the East bank) you can understand he’s no fly by night supporter, but says for whatever the reason he has fallen out of love with football in general.
Have to admit there are people around me, who are still mulling over whether to renew.
Any thoughts?
Season ticket renewal on 15:44 - Jan 24 with 3208 viewsBadlands

Season ticket bought last month.
As bad as Cooperball, Monkball and most of the rest of the 60+ years I've supported the Swans has been I will turn up whenever possible.
If you are (can) only turning up occasionally when the ground isn’t full then no need for an ST.
Has you mate not been because he wasn’t vaccinated? Two people I know are in that category and three others have only just caught up on their jabs and were back on Saturday?

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Season ticket renewal on 15:51 - Jan 24 with 3183 viewsKeithHaynes

It’s the negativity, swans fans are renowned for it.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Season ticket renewal on 15:59 - Jan 24 with 3170 viewsWhiterockin

I have renewed mine.

But the biggest issue I can see is that people got out of the habit of going, the stop start situation has not helped as with the meeting up with friends pre and post match for a couple of drinks, the normal watering holes are not as full as they used to be.

Add to that it is so easy to be lazy and sit in front of the TV and watch a stream of the game. Some might say you see and understand a game better by doing this, but that is just downright ridiculous, nothing beats live football and anyone who says different is deluded. By next season things will be back to normal, no restrictions and no excuses and back to normal. Put you hands in you pockets if you can afford it, renew you ticket and get the Liberty bouncing again.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

Season ticket renewal on 16:08 - Jan 24 with 3152 viewsYoungJack

got mine sorted.
Season ticket renewal on 16:11 - Jan 24 with 3143 viewsbuilthjack

Most around me have either renewed or will be doing by next Monday. Virtually everyone.
I have to say that the football is improving week on week and I am looking froward to next season. 130 mile round trip for home games.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Season ticket renewal on 16:15 - Jan 24 with 3132 viewsBoundy

I'm waiting till the weekend when I'll have reached the magic 65 , cheap as chips me

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Season ticket renewal on 17:03 - Jan 24 with 3085 viewsvetchonian

I think its a,combination of many things some folks have got out of the habit of attending and maybe during thesetight financial times are wondering if that money may be required elsewhere.

As one poster on the other site has said they make more of the day by just watching on a stream than attending the match...lots of empty seats around me on Saturday and some folk saying they may not renew.
As the world changes it has become easier to watch games on the screen at home whilst its not the same as being there I am sure many folk have decided 2 hours in the house watching with the rest of the day free is more advantageous than maybe the whole afternoon spent travelling supping a jar or two then watching the game then enjoying a another jar or two before going home.

Im not sure its all down to "boring" football...I think there are many fans who have fallen away as we have become "less successful" and got out of the habit and discovered they can do more with their time as a result of COvid's intervention

I am still in two minds...I struggle to get to evening games these days due to work and also find its a long day as its often 10.30-10.45 before getting home and then Im up at 5.30 the next morning and Im no longer a spring chicken.

So 7 days until early bird may wait and stump in March

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Season ticket renewal on 17:08 - Jan 24 with 3075 viewsonehunglow

Season ticket renewal on 17:03 - Jan 24 by vetchonian

I think its a,combination of many things some folks have got out of the habit of attending and maybe during thesetight financial times are wondering if that money may be required elsewhere.

As one poster on the other site has said they make more of the day by just watching on a stream than attending the match...lots of empty seats around me on Saturday and some folk saying they may not renew.
As the world changes it has become easier to watch games on the screen at home whilst its not the same as being there I am sure many folk have decided 2 hours in the house watching with the rest of the day free is more advantageous than maybe the whole afternoon spent travelling supping a jar or two then watching the game then enjoying a another jar or two before going home.

Im not sure its all down to "boring" football...I think there are many fans who have fallen away as we have become "less successful" and got out of the habit and discovered they can do more with their time as a result of COvid's intervention

I am still in two minds...I struggle to get to evening games these days due to work and also find its a long day as its often 10.30-10.45 before getting home and then Im up at 5.30 the next morning and Im no longer a spring chicken.

For many,the thrill has gone.
It is no doubt the corporate aspect that has killed the game as we knew it.

Allowing standing will help though.
Going to football is often a gut reaction. When that goes ,people stop.

What doesn’t help are fans making out they are super heroes for travelling to games

People also find other life issues impinge

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Login to get fewer ads

Season ticket renewal on 17:14 - Jan 24 with 3068 viewsFlashberryjack

We will be renewing this week, although the OP has a point re people getting out of the habit of going.
Due to lock down and other restrictions, there doesn't seem to be any regularity of attendance to games anymore (not blaming anyone) it's just how it is, but it does fragmentate the season into a bit of mish mash.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Season ticket renewal on 18:19 - Jan 24 with 3002 viewssw02sea

Season ticket renewal on 15:44 - Jan 24 by Badlands

Season ticket bought last month.
As bad as Cooperball, Monkball and most of the rest of the 60+ years I've supported the Swans has been I will turn up whenever possible.
If you are (can) only turning up occasionally when the ground isn’t full then no need for an ST.
Has you mate not been because he wasn’t vaccinated? Two people I know are in that category and three others have only just caught up on their jabs and were back on Saturday?

My mate’s had his jabs and had covid (mild symptoms)
Personally, no matter what he says privately, I think his non attendance has a lot to do with the fact that his wife developed long covid, and this has changed his attitude in general, to mixing in public places.
Having said all this, he did renew his season this weekend, hoping his mojo for the Swans is rekindled in the future.
Season ticket renewal on 18:20 - Jan 24 with 2995 viewsAirHawk22

Me and the boy got ours. It’s a religion.
Season ticket renewal on 18:22 - Jan 24 with 2981 viewslifelong

Season ticket renewal on 17:08 - Jan 24 by onehunglow

What doesn’t help are fans making out they are super heroes for travelling to games

Season ticket renewal on 18:23 - Jan 24 with 2970 viewsKeithHaynes

I forgot about Cardiff’s standing trial, anyone know how it’s going ?

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Season ticket renewal on 18:28 - Jan 24 with 2957 viewsFlashberryjack

Season ticket renewal on 18:23 - Jan 24 by KeithHaynes

Hope they get found guilty.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Season ticket renewal on 18:38 - Jan 24 with 2951 viewsjohnlangy

Season ticket renewal on 18:19 - Jan 24 by sw02sea

My mate’s had his jabs and had covid (mild symptoms)
Personally, no matter what he says privately, I think his non attendance has a lot to do with the fact that his wife developed long covid, and this has changed his attitude in general, to mixing in public places.
Having said all this, he did renew his season this weekend, hoping his mojo for the Swans is rekindled in the future.

Thanks for the reminder. Just renewed.
Season ticket renewal on 18:40 - Jan 24 with 2944 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Season ticket renewal on 18:23 - Jan 24 by KeithHaynes

Not sure they have had any home games since it was introduced and Drakeford allowed fans back in.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Season ticket renewal on 19:35 - Jan 24 with 2890 viewsCatullus

We haven't renewed yet but my son really wants us too. I am a bit apathetic about it as midweek games will be hard work. I'm up for work at 2am and unless I find a new daytime job I may miss a load of midweek games.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Season ticket renewal on 20:09 - Jan 24 with 2856 viewsgrabsplatter

Haven't renewed yet but I will be before the end of the month, can't imagine not having a season ticket no matter how frustrating the team are.
Season ticket renewal on 22:10 - Jan 24 with 2773 viewsSTID2017

Season ticket renewal on 16:15 - Jan 24 by Boundy

I'm waiting till the weekend when I'll have reached the magic 65 , cheap as chips me

I thought it was 60, so thought consolation of reaching that age was cheaper ST.
However it is, as you say, 65.
Still renewed anyway, go stir crazy otherwise

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Season ticket renewal on 22:11 - Jan 24 with 2767 viewsbuilthjack

Season ticket renewal on 22:10 - Jan 24 by STID2017

I thought it was 60, so thought consolation of reaching that age was cheaper ST.
However it is, as you say, 65.
Still renewed anyway, go stir crazy otherwise

They changed the age a few years ago

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Season ticket renewal on 23:01 - Jan 24 with 2739 viewsSTID2017

Season ticket renewal on 22:11 - Jan 24 by builthjack

They changed the age a few years ago

Guess I didn't take notice until December when I was hoping to get a cheaper ticket

Season ticket renewal on 23:50 - Jan 24 with 2716 viewsBadlands

Season ticket renewal on 17:03 - Jan 24 by vetchonian

I think there are many fans who have fallen away as we have become "less successful"
WTF.
How many seasons have been successful? If 'fans' are only giving support when we are successful it explains why we have spent so many seasons in the bottom two divisions.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Season ticket renewal on 23:56 - Jan 24 with 2716 viewsJackUlation

The " we are family" factor seems to have gone.
Season ticket renewal on 13:18 - Jan 25 with 2572 viewsJohnw102

Have renewed and most sitting around me have as well, only thing I don't like is the late KO on Saturdays, you sit around all day waiting for the match, then don't get back to Pembrokeshire till 9 ish. Wish we could go back to the days of 3pm Saturday kick offs, real football time.

Never knew getting old would happen so quick!

Season ticket renewal on 13:35 - Jan 25 with 2559 viewsSTID2017

Season ticket renewal on 13:18 - Jan 25 by Johnw102

Have renewed and most sitting around me have as well, only thing I don't like is the late KO on Saturdays, you sit around all day waiting for the match, then don't get back to Pembrokeshire till 9 ish. Wish we could go back to the days of 3pm Saturday kick offs, real football time.

I know.
Think only two of our next nine matches are 3.00 ? (Hull and Sheff Utd away ?)
As you say, regular 3.00 is much more manageable for everyone ( although I appreciate a few are rearranged and/or evening midweek games)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024