Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Overreaction? 15:48 - Feb 7 with 4181 viewsLittleEnglandJack

In the last 6 games (since we have restarted after our break) we have won 2, lost 2, drawn 2. Over that period we are 13th in the form table. Let's look at who we've played:

Away v Huddersfield (D). They were in good form then, good form since. 6th in the form table, currently 5th in the division.
Home v Preston (W). Unbeaten since we beat them- won 2, drawn 2. 9th in the form table, 11th in the league.
Away v QPR (D). In fantastic form. We are the only team they have failed to beat in their last 6. 1st in form table, 4th in the league.
Away v Hull (L). Had just come off the back of beating Blackburn and Bmouth (2 of top 4). New manager bounce, too. 11th in Form table, 19th in the league (3 points behind us).
Home v Luton (L). Only lost 1 of last 6. 5th in the form table, 9th in the league.
Home v Blackburn (W). Same record in last 6 as us. 14th in the form table, 2nd in the league.

Despite all the whinging and relegation talk, we've objectively done ok results wise since we restarted if you actually consider who we've played. It's been far from perfect but a bit of perspective needed for some?
Overreaction? on 17:59 - Feb 7 with 2408 viewsjohnlangy

Good post Jack.
Overreaction? on 20:04 - Feb 7 with 2336 viewsmagicdaps10

It is indeed a good post.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Overreaction? on 20:16 - Feb 7 with 2305 viewsbuilthjack

Nice to see a positive post. The vultures will be along shortly.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Overreaction? on 20:19 - Feb 7 with 2318 viewspencoedjack

Top post fella.

I think there is only a handful of negative posters just they post a lot.
Overreaction? on 20:41 - Feb 7 with 2296 viewsraynor94

I'm sure a few of our favourite posters will be along to dismiss us happy clappers

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Overreaction? on 21:31 - Feb 7 with 2254 viewsThrasher6

The silence is golden...good post.

Poll: Social Distancing: When will it be an obsolete word?

Overreaction? on 22:11 - Feb 7 with 2211 viewsjasper_T

How were things looking before the 10 man backs to the wall win against Blackburn? I haven't seen much/any whinging on here since then.
Overreaction? on 23:40 - Feb 7 with 2155 viewsSTID2017

Overreaction? on 22:11 - Feb 7 by jasper_T

How were things looking before the 10 man backs to the wall win against Blackburn? I haven't seen much/any whinging on here since then.

Think you will find they are too busy atm saying what a brilliant manager Cooper was and is, how he is better than even Laudrup.
They are still around.
Anyway back on point, excellent post and does put things in perspective

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Login to get fewer ads

Overreaction? on 05:37 - Feb 8 with 2120 viewsvetchonian

Overreaction? on 23:40 - Feb 7 by STID2017

Think you will find they are too busy atm saying what a brilliant manager Cooper was and is, how he is better than even Laudrup.
They are still around.

as Jasper said the criticism has reduced as performances have improved.
dont you think its coincidental that results have changed along with the change is style we have played in recent games with a more mixed approach as opposed to keep ball.
Did I whinge after Saturday's result...see my post below...praise when we get it right

Rovers : Matchday Thread MATCHDAY ! on 19:29 - Feb 5 with 842 views vetchonian

Great team performance we were up against it at the end
do people still think Pato should be sent to the U23s

Cabango was heroic..as were the whole team...purposeful with the ball....well done Russ you may be learning or listening

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Overreaction? on 06:06 - Feb 8 with 2104 viewsDr_Parnassus

Overreaction? on 23:40 - Feb 7 by STID2017

They are still around.

Who said Cooper was better than Laudrup? (Although now you mention it, I would employ Cooper tomorrow over Laudrup, he’s done nothing since leaving us).

If it’s the same post I think you are referring to, that was your lack of understanding of what “the football league” meant and you mistakenly included the Premier League. You then dug yourself into a very deep hole and stuck with it saying that it needs to say “English” football league.

As for the OP’s thread. Where is the overreaction exactly?

I’ve seen a lot of people complain about unfounded negativity… but haven’t really read very much of it.

We have won 2 games out of our last 9 and the comments seem reasonably in keeping with that fact, with most of it coming at a time when we had won 1 in 8 and sat in 19th.

Happy to take a look at some stuff though if you are referring to anything specific.
[Post edited 8 Feb 2022 6:18]

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Overreaction? on 06:15 - Feb 8 with 2100 viewsDr_Parnassus

Overreaction? on 22:11 - Feb 7 by jasper_T

Yep, we win and people are happy, we lose and people don’t tend to be. I’m amazed how many people struggle with this concept.

Since the last win I’ve not read much relegation talk (maybe none). Has anyone else? Those people that are usually most vocal regarding criticism of bad performances have all said it was a good result and we need to learn and build from that.

Unless I’ve missed something, I don’t think there has been any negativity this week has there?

It’s a bit like a striker coming in and not scoring and playing badly in 10 games, people moaning about his goal scoring record and performance. Then in the next game he scores 11 in an incredible game - those who correctly criticised have now also correctly praised him.

Then someone comes along and says “bit of an overreaction isn’t it, all that negativity, he’s got 11 in 11. Cheer up”.

In reality the criticism was justified - as criticism and poor performance go hand in hand, after the game the striker played well in - the moaning turned to praise - as good performance and praise go hand in hand.

So in short, to take comments from a different time period and attribute them to a different one doesn’t represent reality. The moaning was from when we had 1 win in 8 games and were 19th.

Keep winning and the criticism disappears as this week has showed (unless you are Cooper and the usual suspects still used to moan regardless), but as a rule - that will be how most fans react.

So he now needs to guide us to the top 10 and everyone will be satisfied. Enough talking, more action.

Overreaction? on 06:25 - Feb 8 with 2096 viewsDr_Parnassus

Overreaction? on 05:37 - Feb 8 by vetchonian

as Jasper said the criticism has reduced as performances have improved.
dont you think its coincidental that results have changed along with the change is style we have played in recent games with a more mixed approach as opposed to keep ball.
Did I whinge after Saturday's result...see my post below...praise when we get it right

Rovers : Matchday Thread MATCHDAY ! on 19:29 - Feb 5 with 842 views vetchonian

Great team performance we were up against it at the end
do people still think Pato should be sent to the U23s

Cabango was heroic..as were the whole team...purposeful with the ball....well done Russ you may be learning or listening

Spot on.

If we ever get promoted I’m going to drag up a thread from our Premier League relegation season half a decade ago, and say “don’t you all think this is a bit of an overreaction, we just got promoted there is no chance of relegation. Calm down”.

An overreaction is a form of a reaction, and a reaction is with regards to a specific event or time period.

The OP has said there is an overreaction and noted the time period since the final whistle of the Blackburn game (which was when we won 2, lost 2 and drew 2 since the break).

So where are these reactive posts deemed as “overreactions” since the Blackburn game ended?

Anyone?

Or are we referring to BEFORE the Blackburn game?

In which case the OP should really say that we had won 1 in 5 when referring to these comments (it was actually 1 in 8) and not 2 in 6. That would give an accurate context to the comments that you are highlighting as opposed to giving a false picture.

Pretending they were made in reaction to winning 2 from 6 is dishonest.

I just hope it was unintentionally so.
[Post edited 8 Feb 2022 6:31]

Overreaction? on 07:56 - Feb 8 with 2058 viewsjojaca

If your looking at a performance point of view, I think we are regressing. We are struggling now to score more than one goal per game and we are still gifting teams 5/6 chances, which you can't afford at this level. We are obsessed with scoring the perfect goal, which happens once in a blue moon. We have lost the dark arts of scoring from set pieces and don't threaten the penalty area for penalties , we have poor pace in the team, awful counter attacking which ends up passing back to defenders giving the opposition chance to reset, just to name a few flaws.

To put it bluntly the current system is awful and it's boring. I am even thinking of bringing a book to the game these days.
[Post edited 8 Feb 2022 7:59]

Even when you know, you never know?

Overreaction? on 08:20 - Feb 8 with 2022 viewsSwans9

No fans agree on everything. Football is a results game at the end of the day.We were all happy with a swans win on Saturday no matter how we played to win it. I think fans having different points of view on the forum makes the forum a better read. Hats off to the posters that don't agree with the majority.
Overreaction? on 08:26 - Feb 8 with 2018 viewsnantywatcher

Overreaction? on 07:56 - Feb 8 by jojaca

If your looking at a performance point of view, I think we are regressing. We are struggling now to score more than one goal per game and we are still gifting teams 5/6 chances, which you can't afford at this level. We are obsessed with scoring the perfect goal, which happens once in a blue moon. We have lost the dark arts of scoring from set pieces and don't threaten the penalty area for penalties , we have poor pace in the team, awful counter attacking which ends up passing back to defenders giving the opposition chance to reset, just to name a few flaws.

To put it bluntly the current system is awful and it's boring. I am even thinking of bringing a book to the game these days.
[Post edited 8 Feb 2022 7:59]

Spot on.From a footballing perspective we are pretty awful to watch. I came away from the Blackburn game feeling quite flat. A good result and performance tonight could herald a cracking match on Sunday.
Overreaction? on 08:57 - Feb 8 with 1980 viewsvetchonian

Overreaction? on 20:19 - Feb 7 by pencoedjack

Top post fella.

I think there is only a handful of negative posters just they post a lot.

Define negative?

Do you mean those who question the tactics, style of play ,poor peformances and poor results?

Do you mean those who do not believe all is rosy in the garden and are not happy clappers?

Funny as can be seen my post on Saturday was "positive" we won the team ground out a win against the odds with 10 men against a top form team....have you seen many peolpe whinge since?

those of us so called negatives have questioned Martins style and approach from early days....it is no coincidnece the better results we achieve are when there is a vasriation from that possesion over all else philosophy which delivered little at MKDons...
[Post edited 8 Feb 2022 9:08]

Overreaction? on 09:02 - Feb 8 with 1969 viewsDr_Parnassus

Overreaction? on 08:20 - Feb 8 by Swans9

No fans agree on everything. Football is a results game at the end of the day.We were all happy with a swans win on Saturday no matter how we played to win it. I think fans having different points of view on the forum makes the forum a better read. Hats off to the posters that don't agree with the majority.

I thought that, but the last few years certainly taught me differently.

The last couple of seasons there was a group who would be angry when we won, constantly slagging off the manager.

These same people now get similarly angry when we win and direct it towards fans who have correctly highlighted areas worthy of criticism and improvement.

So I think there is a group that is never happy when we win. They either direct it at the manager or fellow fans depending what their agenda is at the time.

Overreaction? on 09:22 - Feb 8 with 1927 viewsjojaca

Overreaction? on 09:02 - Feb 8 by Dr_Parnassus

I thought that, but the last few years certainly taught me differently.

The last couple of seasons there was a group who would be angry when we won, constantly slagging off the manager.

These same people now get similarly angry when we win and direct it towards fans who have correctly highlighted areas worthy of criticism and improvement.

So I think there is a group that is never happy when we win. They either direct it at the manager or fellow fans depending what their agenda is at the time.

I was happier losing football matches with the style of Rodgers/Martinez/Laudrap etc than winning matches like we have done the past 3 seasons. I know results is important but football is still an entertainment business as well. I have known a few supporters going to the games this season for the first time and vowed never to return because of the games were boring. Watching a team with 70%+ possession with no goal mouth action is not going pull in new supporters. I have also never known so many away teams fans comment our boring we are to watch as well. I think Russell Martin is lucky that the season tickets are excellent value for money and we were starved of going to the football for one season.
[Post edited 8 Feb 2022 9:23]

Overreaction? on 09:28 - Feb 8 with 1920 viewsvetchonian

Overreaction? on 09:22 - Feb 8 by jojaca

I was happier losing football matches with the style of Rodgers/Martinez/Laudrap etc than winning matches like we have done the past 3 seasons. I know results is important but football is still an entertainment business as well. I have known a few supporters going to the games this season for the first time and vowed never to return because of the games were boring. Watching a team with 70%+ possession with no goal mouth action is not going pull in new supporters. I have also never known so many away teams fans comment our boring we are to watch as well. I think Russell Martin is lucky that the season tickets are excellent value for money and we were starved of going to the football for one season.

No this football is so much better and rememember tRuss had no preseason and has had to re programme the robots he was left...despite 70% of our team these days being new additions...get with the programme, all will be well after 3 windows.

Overreaction? on 09:31 - Feb 8 with 1912 viewsDr_Parnassus

Overreaction? on 09:22 - Feb 8 by jojaca

The difference losing under Rodgers, Martinez etc is it was a relative rarity.

You knew that their style is successful and proves it most weeks, you aren’t going to win every game so losing every now and again is more than acceptable in the great scheme of things and usually a defeat didn’t impact anything too much.

If under Rodgers we were losing week after week and sat in 19th/20th - you wouldn’t be as happy doing so, I assure you of that. Ask Reading who sacked him, their fans certainly weren’t staging protests to keep him.

This season the style is just so God awful. But I can look past that if we’re successful with it too, but when the style is awful and you aren’t successful with it then it’s a terrible combo.

But back to the thread I still haven’t seen any negative overreactions to the Blackburn win.

Overreaction? on 09:35 - Feb 8 with 1912 viewsjojaca

Overreaction? on 09:31 - Feb 8 by Dr_Parnassus

The difference losing under Rodgers, Martinez etc is it was a relative rarity.

You knew that their style is successful and proves it most weeks, you aren’t going to win every game so losing every now and again is more than acceptable in the great scheme of things and usually a defeat didn’t impact anything too much.

If under Rodgers we were losing week after week and sat in 19th/20th - you wouldn’t be as happy doing so, I assure you of that. Ask Reading who sacked him, their fans certainly weren’t staging protests to keep him.

This season the style is just so God awful. But I can look past that if we’re successful with it too, but when the style is awful and you aren’t successful with it then it’s a terrible combo.

But back to the thread I still haven’t seen any negative overreactions to the Blackburn win.

The negative for me was 2 attempts on goal after 55 mins at home and that was with 11 men.

Overreaction? on 11:11 - Feb 8 with 1845 viewsonehunglow

Overreaction? on 08:57 - Feb 8 by vetchonian

Define negative?

Do you mean those who question the tactics, style of play ,poor peformances and poor results?

Do you mean those who do not believe all is rosy in the garden and are not happy clappers?

Funny as can be seen my post on Saturday was "positive" we won the team ground out a win against the odds with 10 men against a top form team....have you seen many peolpe whinge since?

those of us so called negatives have questioned Martins style and approach from early days....it is no coincidnece the better results we achieve are when there is a vasriation from that possesion over all else philosophy which delivered little at MKDons...
[Post edited 8 Feb 2022 9:08]

I will.
Anything on here that goes against Russy and the Master Plan to play exciting football and bring us success in the proces.
Anyone not taken in
Anyone not convinced

It is so predicable .

NB....If fans do not overreact then something is wrong;normally when fans dont give rat'rse but then on line we will still see those who ON LINE say they are happy,supportive and proud etc.

They are liars.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Overreaction? on 11:51 - Feb 8 with 1821 viewslifelong

A positive post to start a thread.. we should have it stuffed.
Overreaction? on 12:12 - Feb 8 with 1788 viewsvetchonian

Overreaction? on 11:51 - Feb 8 by lifelong

A positive post to start a thread.. we should have it stuffed.

There was a lot of positivity around on Saturday and since given we won.....the issue is despite us winning there seems to be element who wish to nit pick...and take a swipe at those who have questioned when things are not going so well....and are seen as negative...despite those same persons giving praise and being "positive" when we win...like on Saturday....trying to prove some point....its hypocrisy as last season win lose or draw these same posters would be here criticising.....

The football isnt great to watch , our results have been indifferent....hence sometimes the "negativity".....maybe I need to learn not to bite to those who send out the bait but as I said I hate hypocrisy.....and many on here have selective memories.

If we were playing great foorball and the results were also good Im sure there would be less " negativity"......

Overreaction? on 12:36 - Feb 8 with 1771 viewsonehunglow

Overreaction? on 12:12 - Feb 8 by vetchonian

There was a lot of positivity around on Saturday and since given we won.....the issue is despite us winning there seems to be element who wish to nit pick...and take a swipe at those who have questioned when things are not going so well....and are seen as negative...despite those same persons giving praise and being "positive" when we win...like on Saturday....trying to prove some point....its hypocrisy as last season win lose or draw these same posters would be here criticising.....

The football isnt great to watch , our results have been indifferent....hence sometimes the "negativity".....maybe I need to learn not to bite to those who send out the bait but as I said I hate hypocrisy.....and many on here have selective memories.

If we were playing great foorball and the results were also good Im sure there would be less " negativity"......

Good post vetch.
Personally,if people want to Chuck in barbs from 20 yrs ago to attack a poster then it’s their problem.
As for now, we are,to me,dire to watch . Painful at times. We either look capable of simply gifting a goal or utterly dominate possession only to fail to score or get the odd goal.
We can do far better and we need to look forward to next season with hopes to get promoted.
Seeing our obsession with loanees I can’t really say I am.

I think Martin will leave this summer anyway thanking the passionate fans in his valedictory statement . He will say he didn’t have the backing of the owners unless they is a NDA .

Anyway, we will see .

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024