Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Energy prices 09:59 - Mar 20 with 11393 viewsKilkennyjack

Big big profits for the energy suppliers, big big price hikes for us lot.

Shirley people will not be able to cope with such price rises ?

We should re-nationalise immediately.
Too important for the markets to handle, with a built in short term profit view of everything.

Beware of the Risen People

Energy prices on 14:05 - Mar 20 with 3565 viewsCountyJim

They are saying October it could get much worse with average bills being 3,000 a year ffs
Energy prices on 14:39 - Mar 20 with 3548 viewscontroversial_jack

Energy prices on 14:05 - Mar 20 by CountyJim

They are saying October it could get much worse with average bills being 3,000 a year ffs

That's capitalism for you
Energy prices on 14:58 - Mar 20 with 3544 viewsKilkennyjack

Energy prices on 14:05 - Mar 20 by CountyJim

Its frightening Jim.

I read that using less will only help a little, as the standing charges are going up ….and there is nothing we can do about it as domestic customers.

Need to reduce taxation to zero whilst energy prices this high.
Instead put a windfall type tax on the energy extraction companies whose profits are off the scale.

Then nationalise.

Energy prices on 16:03 - Mar 20 with 3531 viewsCatullus

Energy prices on 14:58 - Mar 20 by Kilkennyjack

Its frightening Jim.

I read that using less will only help a little, as the standing charges are going up ….and there is nothing we can do about it as domestic customers.

Instead put a windfall type tax on the energy extraction companies whose profits are off the scale.

Then nationalise.

You know what, that is a good idea, reduce the taxes, the green levies but put a windfall tax on the corporates but here's a fact, the government won't do it.

They could make petrol much cheaper just by cutting VAT while prices are so high and that would help inflation too. Again, they won't do it.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Energy prices on 17:11 - Mar 20 with 3516 viewsmajorraglan

Energy prices on 14:58 - Mar 20 by Kilkennyjack

Its frightening Jim.

Then nationalise.

Standing charges on electricity are more or less doubling.

There is defo a supply issue pushing up prices, but I honestly believe we are being taken advantage of.
Energy prices on 17:15 - Mar 20 with 3515 viewsKilkennyjack

Energy prices on 17:11 - Mar 20 by majorraglan

Standing charges on electricity are more or less doubling.

There is defo a supply issue pushing up prices, but I honestly believe we are being taken advantage of.

100 per cent.

Energy prices on 17:38 - Mar 20 with 3505 viewsjack_lord

I'm at a loss why electricity is doubling even though some is generated by gas. The standing charge is a mystery.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Energy prices on 20:18 - Mar 20 with 3478 viewsCatullus

Energy prices on 17:38 - Mar 20 by jack_lord

I'm at a loss why electricity is doubling even though some is generated by gas. The standing charge is a mystery.

It's not a mystery, whenever something really bad happens the greedy always use it as an excuse to profiteer. the prices will rise and they won't drop back when the Ukraine war is finished.

The corporates will justify it but we all know, or we should, that they are taking us for a ride.

It's time for Labour to stand up and be counted, tell the greedy corporates that they are going to be targeted if labour win, nationalisation has to be on the agenda or the price rises will cost lives.

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Login to get fewer ads

Energy prices on 20:42 - Mar 20 with 3472 viewsKilkennyjack

Energy prices on 20:18 - Mar 20 by Catullus

It's not a mystery, whenever something really bad happens the greedy always use it as an excuse to profiteer. the prices will rise and they won't drop back when the Ukraine war is finished.

The corporates will justify it but we all know, or we should, that they are taking us for a ride.

It's time for Labour to stand up and be counted, tell the greedy corporates that they are going to be targeted if labour win, nationalisation has to be on the agenda or the price rises will cost lives.

Well said that man.

Energy prices on 21:22 - Mar 20 with 3462 viewsjack_lord

Energy prices on 20:18 - Mar 20 by Catullus

The red inside me agrees.
The government has enough people to hold what is going on to account. What about the energy ombudsman?

Energy prices on 10:13 - Mar 21 with 3399 views73__73

The people moaning are the same people who wanted to shutdown all the coal power stations and put up taxes for green policies.
You can’t have it both ways.

Poll: Should Swansea expand its concourses, to accommodate fans of big clubs

Energy prices on 11:05 - Mar 21 with 3383 viewsCountyJim

Energy prices on 10:13 - Mar 21 by 73__73

The people moaning are the same people who wanted to shutdown all the coal power stations and put up taxes for green policies.

Not me the Tories killed our coal industry when there was plenty of coal left still is look at Tower was taken over by the Union and men ran for years after.

We got to import coking coal from the likes of Russia and China these days but we got it over here but can't mine it because of the environment yet we are shipping stuff in how's that good for the environment ffs
Energy prices on 11:17 - Mar 21 with 3380 viewsKilkennyjack

Energy prices on 10:13 - Mar 21 by 73__73

You cant duck green though cos the other stuff will run out, or be too expensive, or be weaponised.

Needs to be a national priority.
Clearly will be a mix but moving towards green through time.

Energy prices on 11:21 - Mar 21 with 3374 views73__73

Energy prices on 11:17 - Mar 21 by Kilkennyjack

You cant duck green though cos the other stuff will run out, or be too expensive, or be weaponised.

As I said you can’t have it both ways. You want green then expect to pay for it big time.

Energy prices on 12:01 - Mar 21 with 3367 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Energy prices on 11:17 - Mar 21 by Kilkennyjack

Are you aware of how many years of non green stuff we have beneath us?
Do you think that Green "products" can't also be weaponised as we don't make them ourselves and we don't have the materials they are made of.
They will also need replacing in half the time non green stuff does.
Energy prices on 17:18 - Mar 21 with 3346 viewsjack_lord

Energy prices on 12:01 - Mar 21 by A_Fans_Dad

Are you aware of how many years of non green stuff we have beneath us?
Do you think that Green "products" can't also be weaponised as we don't make them ourselves and we don't have the materials they are made of.
They will also need replacing in half the time non green stuff does.

We don't need to spend millions on consultants here. Use the stuff beneath us while we improve our green and nuclear stuff.

Energy prices on 17:20 - Mar 21 with 3340 viewsonehunglow

Energy prices on 11:05 - Mar 21 by CountyJim

Not me the Tories killed our coal industry when there was plenty of coal left still is look at Tower was taken over by the Union and men ran for years after.

We got to import coking coal from the likes of Russia and China these days but we got it over here but can't mine it because of the environment yet we are shipping stuff in how's that good for the environment ffs

Mines also killed and crippled many.
We should have shut mines years before

Let others crawl on their bellies in dark,filth .

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Energy prices on 18:32 - Mar 21 with 3320 viewsCountyJim

Energy prices on 17:20 - Mar 21 by onehunglow

Flipping ech! You'd like to close a load of things your surname isn't Cromwell is it

How about roads they killed thousands
Energy prices on 20:22 - Mar 21 with 3305 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Energy prices on 17:20 - Mar 21 by onehunglow

How about bringing coal mining in to the 21st century?
Ever seen a modern Salt mine?
They use Tunnel boring machines and then work the material.
Energy prices on 20:30 - Mar 21 with 3300 views73__73

Energy prices on 20:22 - Mar 21 by A_Fans_Dad

How about bringing coal mining in to the 21st century?
Ever seen a modern Salt mine?
They use Tunnel boring machines and then work the material.

Pointless trying to explain anything to ohl.

Energy prices on 20:31 - Mar 21 with 3298 viewsCatullus

Energy prices on 17:18 - Mar 21 by jack_lord

We don't need to spend millions on consultants here. Use the stuff beneath us while we improve our green and nuclear stuff.

100% this, we need to progress towards the green, sustainable stuff gradually reducing our reliance on the fossil fuels.

We should have been doing this for the last 20 years but we can again return to blaming the greedy b'stards and corporate greed.

I wonder, over the last few decades, how much the corporate gants have been fghting against changes the world needed, probably saying the right things in public but behind the scenes simply protecting their profits. that or they have invested in green tech but been charging the earth for any developments.

It's why essential services and utilities should be nationalised. We should never let greedy corporations have control of all the essential stuff.

Energy prices on 21:19 - Mar 21 with 3286 viewsjack_lord

Energy prices on 20:31 - Mar 21 by Catullus

100% this, we need to progress towards the green, sustainable stuff gradually reducing our reliance on the fossil fuels.

We should have been doing this for the last 20 years but we can again return to blaming the greedy b'stards and corporate greed.

I wonder, over the last few decades, how much the corporate gants have been fghting against changes the world needed, probably saying the right things in public but behind the scenes simply protecting their profits. that or they have invested in green tech but been charging the earth for any developments.

It's why essential services and utilities should be nationalised. We should never let greedy corporations have control of all the essential stuff.

My first thesis was centred on Privatisation. It was a time when public services were incredibly wasteful but it opened the doors for corporate greed. Cream skimming was going to happen but essential services and utilities should never have been subjected to these business practices.
A very contentious hot potato in political services but I believe that there should be cross party recognition of how important it is for energy to be nationalised.

Energy prices on 21:29 - Mar 21 with 3279 viewsfbreath

Why are standing charges for electricity and gas going up when they are the same cables and pipes they are using to bring the electrify and gas to our homes.

We are the first Welsh club to reach the Premier League Simples

Energy prices on 23:18 - Mar 21 with 3263 viewsmajorraglan

Energy prices on 21:29 - Mar 21 by fbreath

Why are standing charges for electricity and gas going up when they are the same cables and pipes they are using to bring the electrify and gas to our homes.

Looks like it’s linked to picking up the tab for the companies who’ve gone out of business.

I know energy rice have gone up, but I genuinely believe we are being ripped off. I drove past 3 petrol stations located in our town today, a supermarket was selling a litre of diesel for £175.9 as was a local independent Texaco garage, a nearby independent garage was selling diesel for £186.9 - all 3 are in a mile or so of each other. 11p per litres soon adds up!
Energy prices on 12:29 - Mar 22 with 3222 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Energy prices on 23:18 - Mar 21 by majorraglan

Looks like it’s linked to picking up the tab for the companies who’ve gone out of business.

I know energy rice have gone up, but I genuinely believe we are being ripped off. I drove past 3 petrol stations located in our town today, a supermarket was selling a litre of diesel for £175.9 as was a local independent Texaco garage, a nearby independent garage was selling diesel for £186.9 - all 3 are in a mile or so of each other. 11p per litres soon adds up!

I can remember masive public outcries when petrol went up ove 1p per Gallon, how we have been brainwashed to accept price increases.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024