Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Piroe and Obefami 08:13 - Apr 6 with 2363 viewsmagicdaps10

It's been an incredible turnaround with the both, tantrums and groans.... Credit to how Martin has handled them and the situation, not only getting them back on it but performing to the levels they are both playing.

Question is, we are likely to sell if a good bid came in for one, who going forward would you prefer to see here next season out of the two?
Hopefully no bids come in and both are here cone the start of the season but we all know how this goes.

Out of the 2 I think my choice would be Obafemi here come the seasons start.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Piroe and Obefami on 08:30 - Apr 6 with 1831 viewsFireboy2

A few months ago it would have been keep piroe but now it's definitely obafemi, he has turned into a proper striker who leads the line well, he has pace which piroe lacks, although piroe has developed his game into more of an old no10, dropping off and linking up with midfield and feeding obafemi.

Let's hope we can keep these two, how far can they take us, who knows.
Piroe and Obefami on 09:08 - Apr 6 with 1781 viewsGixerJack

Ideally both still here but if I have to choose it’s Piroe for me because he’s able to play either up top on his own or number 10 linking the play.

I get the feeling that he’s a cleverer player too
Piroe and Obefami on 09:21 - Apr 6 with 1755 viewsunion_jack

Piroe and Obefami on 09:08 - Apr 6 by GixerJack

Ideally both still here but if I have to choose it’s Piroe for me because he’s able to play either up top on his own or number 10 linking the play.

I get the feeling that he’s a cleverer player too

So long as he keeps fit it’s Obafemi for me but a tough choice to make.

His pace is dangerous but fast players suffer more injuries.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Piroe and Obefami on 10:01 - Apr 6 with 1721 viewsswan65split

Both have done very well, but Obafemi deserves a real slap on the back , hes come on a bundle, when it could have easier gone the other way for him.

If there is a plan for us net season, I would suggest both stay and take in the ride , rather than be on the outside somewhere else and looking on from the subs bench.
Piroe and Obefami on 16:10 - Apr 6 with 1623 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Piroe and Obefami on 09:21 - Apr 6 by union_jack

Piroe is by far the superior player (not knocking Oba mind). His finishing is better than Michu for me (obviously at a lower level but he can finish strongly with both feet).

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Piroe and Obefami on 17:10 - Apr 6 with 1570 viewsMinesapint

God ..it's hard to call this one.

Oh for the luxury of hanging on to both.
[Post edited 6 Apr 2022 17:11]
Piroe and Obefami on 17:23 - Apr 6 with 1549 viewsDr_Winston

Piroe and Obefami on 17:10 - Apr 6 by Minesapint

God ..it's hard to call this one.

Oh for the luxury of hanging on to both.
[Post edited 6 Apr 2022 17:11]

Might not be that much of a luxury.

A number of clubs have had their fingers burned by paying top dollar for prolific Championship strikers who haven't really made the step up. McBurnie and Brewster spring immediately to mind.

Don't think the market is there at the moment so we may well hang onto both. I'd be more concerned about losing Downes.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Piroe and Obefami on 17:34 - Apr 6 with 1538 viewsjasper_T

Piroe by far the better player. Will have plenty of eyes on him going into the summer.
Login to get fewer ads

Piroe and Obefami on 18:03 - Apr 6 with 1523 viewsKeithHaynes

Piroe and Obefami on 09:21 - Apr 6 by union_jack

Watching him last night there isn’t a player in the championship who is trying the things he is doing. His confidence is amazing.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Piroe and Obefami on 00:55 - Apr 7 with 1399 viewsRichardO

Better to be a big fish in little pond than a little fish...yea yea you know what I mean.
Surely they would benefit with other year honing their skills in the championship!
See how they get on for the rest of the season and if things go well for team, would the owners revisit their contracts to ward off possible suitors and show their ambitions for the club?
Piroe and Obefami on 01:13 - Apr 7 with 1390 viewsSTID2017

Piroe and Obefami on 00:55 - Apr 7 by RichardO

Better to be a big fish in little pond than a little fish...yea yea you know what I mean.
Surely they would benefit with other year honing their skills in the championship!
See how they get on for the rest of the season and if things go well for team, would the owners revisit their contracts to ward off possible suitors and show their ambitions for the club?

Would be nice to think they would but think we are running on a very tight budget.
Hopefully we will keep all our best players, but not 100% convinced we wont sell a couple if other clubs come in, to balance the books.

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Piroe and Obefami on 07:38 - Apr 7 with 1345 viewsRichardO

Piroe and Obefami on 01:13 - Apr 7 by STID2017

Would be nice to think they would but think we are running on a very tight budget.
Hopefully we will keep all our best players, but not 100% convinced we wont sell a couple if other clubs come in, to balance the books.

Agree about the tight budget but are we in the same wages situation as when we were relegated, how many players are still on big contracts, there may be a few, can we offload or even if we want to keep them at the end of those contracts renegotiate terms like we did with Routledge,.
If players, managers or club owners want a path to a bigger pay packet/glories is it better to hold their nerve and bid their time? Then again Potter left at the first chance he got and Cooper seemed to believe he was better off elsewhere.
Piroe and Obefami on 07:59 - Apr 7 with 1331 viewsDr_Winston

Ryan Bennett's situation will tell us a lot.

By all accounts he's the highest paid player at the club, still has a year left on his contract and hasn't featured in the first team since early March. Suspect the club wouldn't be too bothered if he moved on, but he's probably quite happy to sit tight too.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Piroe and Obefami on 08:28 - Apr 7 with 1318 viewsRichardO

Piroe and Obefami on 07:59 - Apr 7 by Dr_Winston

Ryan Bennett's situation will tell us a lot.

By all accounts he's the highest paid player at the club, still has a year left on his contract and hasn't featured in the first team since early March. Suspect the club wouldn't be too bothered if he moved on, but he's probably quite happy to sit tight too.

The new Bale!
Might still be useful to have around until the end of the season and see who we can get instead hopeful try and enjoy the rest of season and then worry until the transfer window shuts, any ideas when that is given the earlier start to the season because of World Cup.
Piroe and Obefami on 08:45 - Apr 7 with 1293 viewsSTID2017

Piroe and Obefami on 08:28 - Apr 7 by RichardO

The new Bale!
Might still be useful to have around until the end of the season and see who we can get instead hopeful try and enjoy the rest of season and then worry until the transfer window shuts, any ideas when that is given the earlier start to the season because of World Cup.

"The EFL have not yet confirmed a date for when this summer's window will open but they have agreed to move it into line with the international transfer window"
The EPL is 10th June to 1st September, so may be the same ?

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Piroe and Obefami on 11:58 - Apr 7 with 1260 viewsjasper_T

Piroe and Obefami on 07:38 - Apr 7 by RichardO

Agree about the tight budget but are we in the same wages situation as when we were relegated, how many players are still on big contracts, there may be a few, can we offload or even if we want to keep them at the end of those contracts renegotiate terms like we did with Routledge,.
If players, managers or club owners want a path to a bigger pay packet/glories is it better to hold their nerve and bid their time? Then again Potter left at the first chance he got and Cooper seemed to believe he was better off elsewhere.

We are in the same wage situation as when we were relegated in a lot of ways (what really hurt us after relegation was outstanding liabilities not the wage excesses, we needed cash to pay debts). Our income this season is likely to be around £15m. Typical Championship sides spend considerably more than that (Blackburn's accounts published the other day included £25.7m on wages alone). It isn't superstars or legacy contracts inflating the wage bills of most clubs, that's just what average Championship players earn. 20 players on £10k/week plus an academy is your lot for £15m.

We made a slim profit on our last published accounts when we had a hefty profit on player sales and the second year parachute payment. This season we've spent more than we've brought in. We either sell players or we see that debt figure skyrocket.

[Post edited 7 Apr 2022 12:02]
Piroe and Obefami on 12:30 - Apr 7 with 1243 viewsvetchonian

Piroe and Obefami on 11:58 - Apr 7 by jasper_T

We are in the same wage situation as when we were relegated in a lot of ways (what really hurt us after relegation was outstanding liabilities not the wage excesses, we needed cash to pay debts). Our income this season is likely to be around £15m. Typical Championship sides spend considerably more than that (Blackburn's accounts published the other day included £25.7m on wages alone). It isn't superstars or legacy contracts inflating the wage bills of most clubs, that's just what average Championship players earn. 20 players on £10k/week plus an academy is your lot for £15m.

We made a slim profit on our last published accounts when we had a hefty profit on player sales and the second year parachute payment. This season we've spent more than we've brought in. We either sell players or we see that debt figure skyrocket.

[Post edited 7 Apr 2022 12:02]

I can see a couple of players being sold possibly

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Piroe and Obefami on 13:05 - Apr 7 with 1224 viewsgrabsplatter

I'd expect at least 1 of our better players will be sold, some of the profit will be used to balance the books no doubt.
Nothing wrong with that as long as we spend the remainder wisely to strengthen the squad - whether we do that is the million dollar question. To be fair the recruitment last summer was good.
Piroe and Obefami on 15:09 - Apr 7 with 1182 viewsReslovenSwan1

The club owners will be quite impressed with Martin's signing requests.

Fisher has done OK and Downes is being highly praised. O'Reilly ( the one that got away) is gong great guns in Scotland. Martin did not get upset when deals could not be done (compare with Cooper least January and Potter 3 Januaries ago)

Potter was ideal for Swansea a but his signings were diabolical. Martin may be the new Potter (perhaps not so good) but with a much better eye for players. (lower league good value and 20-24 years of age). The loan player from super elite clubs have not delivered. Williams might never recover and Burns has a lot to do. His body language at receiving a framed shirt from Mr Curtis stays in my mind. I hope his " i wish I was anywhere else look" was not prophetic or simply misleading.
[Post edited 7 Apr 2022 15:11]

Wise sage since Toshack era

Piroe and Obefami on 15:29 - Apr 7 with 1168 viewsmagicdaps10

Martin has done well with signings and it looks like even Fisher is bedding in a lot better, also it appears his handling of Piroe and Obefami has been perfected to a tee.

The club will certainly be looking at Piroe or Downes, they Wil be thinking 10M or so, use some of that towards the summer budget and the rest goes elsewhere.

The issue is who do we sell and it doesn't effect us as a team, Piroe is the guy for me to go.
We use that money for a striker to come and put pressure on Obefami, a creative 10 and a centre half or 2 capable of playing in the Martin style.

It will certainly be interesting and could easily see the both go meaning extra for Martin to use.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Piroe and Obefami on 16:19 - Apr 7 with 1149 viewsjasper_T

Joseph is the player who is supposed to be putting pressure on Obafemi. We spent half a million on him.
Piroe and Obefami on 21:28 - Apr 7 with 1086 viewsAndyCole

Oba, gotta love him to bits - enthusiasm, FI (Footballing Intelligence), pace, endeavour, bouncebackability. And his own man. Stuck 2 fingers up to 'the gaffer' - and did it his way, despite not because of 'the process'. Fact.

Piroe is our star man up top though.

He was pursued by our last manager for two years - mainly for his ability to play 9, 10 and 8, comes deep and scores lots of goals. High FI with the right attitude (shrugged off Martin's unceremonious rejection with aplomb, nurtured and managed expertly by his dad. Fact).

Spotted, admired, tracked and eventually acquired by Coops when playing for Netherlands.

Currently being spotted, admired and tracked by not just Coops. He's definitely going places.

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

Piroe and Obefami on 21:38 - Apr 7 with 1074 viewsFireboy2

Piroe and Obefami on 21:28 - Apr 7 by AndyCole

Oba, gotta love him to bits - enthusiasm, FI (Footballing Intelligence), pace, endeavour, bouncebackability. And his own man. Stuck 2 fingers up to 'the gaffer' - and did it his way, despite not because of 'the process'. Fact.

Piroe is our star man up top though.

He was pursued by our last manager for two years - mainly for his ability to play 9, 10 and 8, comes deep and scores lots of goals. High FI with the right attitude (shrugged off Martin's unceremonious rejection with aplomb, nurtured and managed expertly by his dad. Fact).

Spotted, admired, tracked and eventually acquired by Coops when playing for Netherlands.

Currently being spotted, admired and tracked by not just Coops. He's definitely going places.

'Stuck 2 fingers up to the gaffer'

Haha the manure bullsh@t machine is back with a pearler 🤣🤣🤣
Piroe and Obefami on 22:01 - Apr 7 with 1061 viewsAndyCole

Piroe and Obefami on 21:38 - Apr 7 by Fireboy2

'Stuck 2 fingers up to the gaffer'

Haha the manure bullsh@t machine is back with a pearler 🤣🤣🤣

Hang on, that's a tad disrespectful. As per, it seems.

I am simply stating my opinions, based on facts that I am aware of.

Have a bash at opinions, on a football thread. Whether that be based on fact or otherwise.

This forum above all others is famous for voicing opinions, give it your best shot.

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

Piroe and Obefami on 22:15 - Apr 7 with 1053 viewsFireboy2

Piroe and Obefami on 22:01 - Apr 7 by AndyCole

Hang on, that's a tad disrespectful. As per, it seems.

I am simply stating my opinions, based on facts that I am aware of.

Have a bash at opinions, on a football thread. Whether that be based on fact or otherwise.

This forum above all others is famous for voicing opinions, give it your best shot.

Haha another pearler.

Practise what you preach fella, then and only then you will get a decent response.

Its that simple, but I don't think you will.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024