Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ricky Gervais new stand up on Netflix 17:35 - May 25 with 1919 viewsDr_Parnassus

His best stand up work in my opinion, really exposing the absurdity of modern culture.

Not one for the woke brigade that’s for sure.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Ricky Gervais new stand up on Netflix on 18:04 - May 25 with 1879 viewspikeypaul

Now you’ve done it the woke,leftie,lunatics will soon be here.

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

Ricky Gervais new stand up on Netflix on 18:23 - May 25 with 1860 viewsWingstandwood

I wonder what Ricky Gervis will think of this guy being arrested and charged for using the Geordie term of endearment word "Pet"?

This is where WOKE-witchfinder generals have led us!

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10841843/Ex-world-boxing-champion-Glenn

Argus!

Ricky Gervais new stand up on Netflix on 18:27 - May 25 with 1853 viewsCountyJim

Ricky Gervais new stand up on Netflix on 18:23 - May 25 by Wingstandwood

I wonder what Ricky Gervis will think of this guy being arrested and charged for using the Geordie term of endearment word "Pet"?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10841843/Ex-world-boxing-champion-Glenn

I'm pretty sure there's more to this than just saying Pet
Ricky Gervais new stand up on Netflix on 18:28 - May 25 with 1852 viewsshingle

Watching it now, i love the guy.
Ricky Gervais new stand up on Netflix on 19:38 - May 25 with 1817 viewsFlynnidine_Zidownes

I imagine this will net Netflix a lot more views than the Ginger and the Whinger’s attempt to escape publicity and the gaze of the press by having a camera crew follow them around 24/7.
Ricky Gervais new stand up on Netflix on 19:39 - May 25 with 1807 viewspikeypaul

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

Ricky Gervais new stand up on Netflix on 20:10 - May 25 with 1798 viewsSirjohnalot

Ricky Gervais new stand up on Netflix on 18:23 - May 25 by Wingstandwood

This is where papers like the Mail print a story knowing they’ve not given the full facts to attract outrage. This would not have got past a sergeant’s say so, let alone the CPS.
Ricky Gervais new stand up on Netflix on 20:29 - May 25 with 1783 viewsGwyn737

Ricky Gervais new stand up on Netflix on 20:10 - May 25 by Sirjohnalot

This is where papers like the Mail print a story knowing they’ve not given the full facts to attract outrage. This would not have got past a sergeant’s say so, let alone the CPS.

And the irony of those taken in by this rubbish shouting ‘Woke!’
Login to get fewer ads

Ricky Gervais new stand up on Netflix on 20:47 - May 25 with 1770 viewsScotia

Ricky Gervais new stand up on Netflix on 19:39 - May 25 by pikeypaul

I wouldn't have thought the genius that is Gervais would endorse a word this idiot says.
Ricky Gervais new stand up on Netflix on 20:49 - May 25 with 1767 viewsScotia

This has probably excluded him from ever being knighted. Which is a shame, even though I doubt he'd accept it if it was offered.
Ricky Gervais new stand up on Netflix on 20:56 - May 25 with 1757 viewsWingstandwood

Ricky Gervais new stand up on Netflix on 20:10 - May 25 by Sirjohnalot

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/boxing/ex-world-boxing-champion-glenn-27028788

Left leaning also!

Oh and he seems to be making light of it himself?
[Post edited 25 May 2022 21:00]

Argus!

Ricky Gervais new stand up on Netflix on 04:08 - May 26 with 1642 viewsDr_Parnassus

Ricky Gervais new stand up on Netflix on 20:29 - May 25 by Gwyn737

And the irony of those taken in by this rubbish shouting ‘Woke!’

Do you know what happened then out of interest?

I don’t find it that unbelievable. You can be arrested and jailed in Canada for calling a bloke that identifies as a woman “sir”. It’s deemed a hate crime listed under the human rights act.

Although you would likely just be heavily fined.

But it absurd things such as this which Ricky puts the spotlight on and strips back. Fantastic comedian who has hit the nail on the head with the content of this one. Really captured the time and the absurdity of society.

Ricky Gervais new stand up on Netflix on 11:39 - May 26 with 1535 viewsCountyJim

Ricky Gervais new stand up on Netflix on 18:04 - May 25 by pikeypaul

Now you’ve done it the woke,leftie,lunatics will soon be here.

You do realise he's always voted labour
Ricky Gervais new stand up on Netflix on 12:07 - May 26 with 1512 viewsGwyn737

I've no issue with him and I really like a lot of what he's done in series and stand up.

I'm not sure this narrative about him being cutting edge in this special is necessarily true, James Acaster parodied the idea months ago:

Ricky Gervais new stand up on Netflix on 12:17 - May 26 with 1494 viewsDr_Parnassus

Ricky Gervais new stand up on Netflix on 12:07 - May 26 by Gwyn737

I've no issue with him and I really like a lot of what he's done in series and stand up.

I'm not sure this narrative about him being cutting edge in this special is necessarily true, James Acaster parodied the idea months ago:

Nobody has claimed he was the first, but he is the best.

We have been taking about this sort of content for the last 2 years, so nobody is claiming these subjects are new. But he can show them for how ridiculous they are better than most.

Ricky Gervais new stand up on Netflix on 14:03 - May 26 with 1438 viewsonehunglow

Ricky Gervais new stand up on Netflix on 11:39 - May 26 by CountyJim

You do realise he's always voted labour

That's him damned then.
jEEZ,are people allowed to vote as they want or not.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Ricky Gervais new stand up on Netflix on 14:59 - May 26 with 1397 viewsJack123

Watched this the other night, all in all I enjoyed, I like his take on things.

Although, the only thing I didn't like was his joke about a fart at a babies funeral, I thought that went down like a lead balloon with the audience as well, it wasn't remotely funny.

libera nos a malo

Ricky Gervais new stand up on Netflix on 15:12 - May 26 with 1388 viewsBoundy

Ricky Gervais new stand up on Netflix on 14:03 - May 26 by onehunglow

That's him damned then.
jEEZ,are people allowed to vote as they want or not.

I used to as well

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Ricky Gervais new stand up on Netflix on 17:45 - May 26 with 1332 viewsunion_jack

Ricky Gervais new stand up on Netflix on 14:59 - May 26 by Jack123

Although, the only thing I didn't like was his joke about a fart at a babies funeral, I thought that went down like a lead balloon with the audience as well, it wasn't remotely funny.

Was going to say just that. Poor taste.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Ricky Gervais new stand up on Netflix on 20:51 - May 26 with 1271 viewsFlynnidine_Zidownes

I’m sure that was rehashed from some of the old podcast stuff he did with Steve merchant and Karl pilkington. A lot of the jokes and stories were old material from them.
Ricky Gervais new stand up on Netflix on 22:44 - May 26 with 1212 viewsAndyCole

Michael Deacon wrote an excellent piece on this today in The Telegraph.

Gervais 'Punching up (not down) ' says it all. The irony is delicious.  A proper whoosh moment for the hard of thinking wokies here and everywhere.

Punching up at the woke, extreme activist bullies. Finally.

Let's hope Ricky Gervais is at the vanguard of firmly turning that tide against the loonies.  There's now a proper groundswell of support .......

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

Ricky Gervais new stand up on Netflix on 23:47 - May 26 with 1187 viewsJack123

Ricky Gervais new stand up on Netflix on 20:51 - May 26 by Flynnidine_Zidownes

I’m sure that was rehashed from some of the old podcast stuff he did with Steve merchant and Karl pilkington. A lot of the jokes and stories were old material from them.

Thanks, I haven't watched or listened to much of his material. Just watched Afterlife, and this new one really.

With Afterlife, he seems to have a nice way about him, I don't know perhaps it's his clumsy way of saying life is to short, and don't worry about what's happened, and just enjoy it?

I remember him at the oscars when all the stars were looking horrified, and he said something like " They are just jokes, you are all going to die soon"

libera nos a malo

Ricky Gervais new stand up on Netflix on 23:58 - May 26 with 1180 viewsFlynnidine_Zidownes

Ricky Gervais new stand up on Netflix on 23:47 - May 26 by Jack123

Thanks, I haven't watched or listened to much of his material. Just watched Afterlife, and this new one really.

With Afterlife, he seems to have a nice way about him, I don't know perhaps it's his clumsy way of saying life is to short, and don't worry about what's happened, and just enjoy it?

I remember him at the oscars when all the stars were looking horrified, and he said something like " They are just jokes, you are all going to die soon"

A lot of the podcast stuff is great. Pilkington is hilarious. Have a listen to his film idea starring “Clive Warren” and Rebecca Demornay. Very funny stuff.

As for Gervais yes he’s clearly a bit of a nihilist. His attitude is very much this is it you’re lucky to be here in the first place, you’re only here for seventy odd years if you’re lucky, nothing really matters and you might as well have fun.

And he’s right.
Ricky Gervais new stand up on Netflix on 09:23 - May 27 with 1094 viewsonehunglow

He's a Kent and not a finny one but a sick one.
Disability,for me,is no laughing matter and as for baby's funeral;I d smash his smug gob all over his face. People who have lost babies will find it hard too.He might do well to expalon how a "joke" like that is not profoundly malevolent. He looks to shock for the sake of it.

He is trash.

End of.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024