Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Censorship 15:32 - Aug 5 with 2765 viewsCatullus

That's what the new guidleines are to me. We are no longer allowed to talk about certain subjects though we have already talked about at leat one of them at length!

I think it's a bad move in the long run.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Censorship on 01:15 - Aug 6 with 650 viewsDJack

Censorship on 00:25 - Aug 6 by Jack123

But they were not facts though, how could they have been. It was all new, and even now, more and more data keeps rolling out.

I was there, took a relative to a vax when they first come out, nurse administered the injection and her words were ' You are now fully protected', fast forward 12 weeks or so, and they were not.

So there is definitely something amiss with all this. Like I said earlier, the truth will come out.

From the time before a vax was synthesised they authorities raised the PROBABILITY of vax boosters for the winter &/or worse variants.

I strongly suspect that the phrase "fully protected" is relative to what is known and offered CURRENTLY. If not the nurse needs re-ducation.

The vast majority of the data has proven the advice at the time was generally right. Aditionally, NOBODY in a position to advise the UK population said that they had a complete picture...they knew Covid was going to mutate and as a novel virus they knew they would encounter surprises.

The correct but incomplete picture has come out and some of the pieces are still being added and will continue to do so for MANY years to come. The only thing amiss is any sence from you.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Censorship on 01:27 - Aug 6 with 628 viewsJack123

Censorship on 01:15 - Aug 6 by DJack

From the time before a vax was synthesised they authorities raised the PROBABILITY of vax boosters for the winter &/or worse variants.

I strongly suspect that the phrase "fully protected" is relative to what is known and offered CURRENTLY. If not the nurse needs re-ducation.

The vast majority of the data has proven the advice at the time was generally right. Aditionally, NOBODY in a position to advise the UK population said that they had a complete picture...they knew Covid was going to mutate and as a novel virus they knew they would encounter surprises.

The correct but incomplete picture has come out and some of the pieces are still being added and will continue to do so for MANY years to come. The only thing amiss is any sence from you.

The only thing amiss is any sence from you.

Of course..

Yes I am sorry, it will not happen again.

Is that good for you?

libera nos a malo

Censorship on 01:32 - Aug 6 with 615 viewsKeithHaynes

Anyone noticing something on a thread about censorship on here ?

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Censorship on 02:19 - Aug 6 with 593 viewsDr_Parnassus

Censorship on 18:58 - Aug 5 by KeithHaynes

I miss the professor and can see his points, but some of the stuff against this website since then need qualifying. We are doing our best mate, it’s not as if we don’t learn from our mistakes 👍

He’s better off away from here, he’s unable to have a discussion without getting angry. He doesn’t put his views across very well and isn’t very scientifically minded which is a surprise given his profession. He has said some awful things about this site and the posters within it, often intentionally misdirecting the truth in order to do so.

He’s probably alright as a bloke if you met him, but online he’s not someone that does the site much good. He’s incapable of debate.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Censorship on 05:36 - Aug 6 with 555 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Censorship on 17:20 - Aug 5 by KeithHaynes

Advertisers are not dictating what we do. They just don’t advertise on a website that they wouldn’t want associated with their business. And the charity don’t want to be associated with it either. I’ve made a call all we ask for is some support whilst we see how it goes.

I could be wrong.

I understand your position fully. My post related to the general principle where content of many sites are limited as a result of the preferences of advertisers. It's through debate and discussion that we learn, develop, think and find our way to the reality of matters.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Censorship on 07:13 - Aug 6 with 522 viewsScotia

Censorship on 00:25 - Aug 6 by Jack123

But they were not facts though, how could they have been. It was all new, and even now, more and more data keeps rolling out.

I was there, took a relative to a vax when they first come out, nurse administered the injection and her words were ' You are now fully protected', fast forward 12 weeks or so, and they were not.

So there is definitely something amiss with all this. Like I said earlier, the truth will come out.

Of course they were facts. Facts can be new. All the data emerging supports that the vaccines are safe and save lives.

That nurse should not have said that and I don't believe that has been claimed by anyone on here. It's always been false.

Nobody ever claimed one dose of vaccine will last forever. The Prof himself spoke about regular boosters.

We're on about the 6th and 7th major variant of covid and the vaccines are keeping people from needing hospital treatment.

If it wasn't for the vaccines we'd be heading out of our 6th or 7th lockdown.

And its not just vaccines it's the Ukraine war and climate change too.

I can remember that there was a thread on here some years ago that claimed you can prove the world is flat by taking a picture of the horizon with a camera that you can buy from Argos. At least that was funny.
Censorship on 07:28 - Aug 6 with 514 viewsTreforys_Jack

Censorship on 07:13 - Aug 6 by Scotia

Of course they were facts. Facts can be new. All the data emerging supports that the vaccines are safe and save lives.

That nurse should not have said that and I don't believe that has been claimed by anyone on here. It's always been false.

Nobody ever claimed one dose of vaccine will last forever. The Prof himself spoke about regular boosters.

We're on about the 6th and 7th major variant of covid and the vaccines are keeping people from needing hospital treatment.

If it wasn't for the vaccines we'd be heading out of our 6th or 7th lockdown.

And its not just vaccines it's the Ukraine war and climate change too.

I can remember that there was a thread on here some years ago that claimed you can prove the world is flat by taking a picture of the horizon with a camera that you can buy from Argos. At least that was funny.

I vaguely remember that thread, that would be a good bump
Censorship on 08:48 - Aug 6 with 488 viewsSTID2017

Censorship on 17:20 - Aug 5 by KeithHaynes

Advertisers are not dictating what we do. They just don’t advertise on a website that they wouldn’t want associated with their business. And the charity don’t want to be associated with it either. I’ve made a call all we ask for is some support whilst we see how it goes.

I could be wrong.

I agree with most of what you said re advertisers etc.
It is understandable.
However to say that you are stamping down on the bullying or being shouted down when the biggest protagonist is allowed to continue unabated - really ?
All the best with your cause anyway.

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Login to get fewer ads

Censorship on 08:57 - Aug 6 with 478 viewsSTID2017

Censorship on 21:55 - Aug 5 by Scotia

Yes Facebook, YouTube, Instagram the lot.

The fact that you found nothing wrong with what was posted is a case in point as it was absolute nonsense. Every point was easily discredited but was believed by some people who may have based a decision not to be vaccinated on what he posted. It could have killed them. There was everything wrong with the posts.

Just because you like his version of the situation doesn't make it right.

In a time of crisis there is nothing wrong with an alternative view, but one that does more harm than good is dangerous. Ignoring the situation or pretending it is something it isn't doesn't make it go away.

Facebook is the biggest hypocrite of all.
I am an active participant of it ( advertising, Swans groups, etc ).
I have had several ads rejected for nefarious reasons (often with no recourse) yet they allow hundreds of clear scams every day to go uncensored.
Capitalism at it's worst

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Censorship on 09:39 - Aug 6 with 456 viewsonehunglow

Censorship on 08:57 - Aug 6 by STID2017

Facebook is the biggest hypocrite of all.
I am an active participant of it ( advertising, Swans groups, etc ).
I have had several ads rejected for nefarious reasons (often with no recourse) yet they allow hundreds of clear scams every day to go uncensored.
Capitalism at it's worst

How about searching me out on facebook

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Censorship on 22:04 - Aug 10 with 300 viewsCatullus

Censorship on 01:32 - Aug 6 by KeithHaynes

Anyone noticing something on a thread about censorship on here ?

Yes, but I have also noticed a thread by jonalot asking people not to mention vaccines.

Maybe there should be a locked sticky thread with a full list of the things we are not allowed to discuss?

It's censorship whichever way you cut it.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024