Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Censorship 15:32 - Aug 5 with 2764 viewsCatullus

That's what the new guidleines are to me. We are no longer allowed to talk about certain subjects though we have already talked about at leat one of them at length!

I think it's a bad move in the long run.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Censorship on 19:25 - Aug 5 with 821 viewsNotLoyal

The website and Keith ask for a bit of support and this is the response after all that has been achieved and done over what ? Two years.
Some of you lot are priceless.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Censorship on 19:44 - Aug 5 with 778 viewsItchySphincter

Censorship on 19:06 - Aug 5 by onehunglow

and apparently kit's ok to vilify those not Labour inclined.
That which is posted towards anyone who is seen to be a "tory" on here is often appalling,ometimes sickening.
Debate

Seems to me me that the liberal leftie woke brigade take the biggest kicking.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Censorship (n/t) on 19:58 - Aug 5 with 756 viewsJak365

Censorship on 19:44 - Aug 5 by ItchySphincter

[Post edited 30 Oct 2022 9:11]
Censorship on 20:02 - Aug 5 with 738 viewsKeithHaynes

Censorship on 19:44 - Aug 5 by ItchySphincter

Both sides did, and have have a guess what on a football website they all support, pathetic.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Censorship on 20:06 - Aug 5 with 731 viewsCatullus

Censorship on 19:25 - Aug 5 by NotLoyal

The website and Keith ask for a bit of support and this is the response after all that has been achieved and done over what ? Two years.
Some of you lot are priceless.

Yes, you're right, why should I expect to be allowed freedom of speech. I don't deserve this site.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Censorship on 20:12 - Aug 5 with 724 viewsItchySphincter

Censorship (n/t) on 19:58 - Aug 5 by Jak365

[Post edited 30 Oct 2022 9:11]

That just silly but point proven. 😂

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Censorship on 20:21 - Aug 5 with 704 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

Censorship on 17:15 - Aug 5 by KeithHaynes

Try it before you buy it 👍

Most of the threads that have been locked or deleted (such as the Ukraine thread) were started by me or old Flynnidine god rest his soul so I’d hate to think I’m responsible for harming the site.

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

Censorship on 20:23 - Aug 5 with 693 viewsonehunglow

Censorship on 20:02 - Aug 5 by KeithHaynes

Both sides did, and have have a guess what on a football website they all support, pathetic.

Political allegiance is second only to family for many.
Never underestimate that Keith.
Ever.
It underpins lives and all they utter either in word or print.

Left/Right.

Hate without any doubt. Tories are fair game,let's face it mainly as they are seen as privileged ,which is ludicrous.I can recall many local shop keeper in Manselton as a kid with Eden/MacMillan literature displayed. There was more tolerance around then,no matter how enlightened we are now supposed to be .

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Login to get fewer ads

Censorship on 20:28 - Aug 5 with 684 viewsKeithHaynes

Censorship on 20:21 - Aug 5 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

Most of the threads that have been locked or deleted (such as the Ukraine thread) were started by me or old Flynnidine god rest his soul so I’d hate to think I’m responsible for harming the site.

You had a long few months it had done its course. No offence like.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Censorship on 21:11 - Aug 5 with 635 viewsFlashberryjack

Sad day for this site IMO.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Censorship on 21:13 - Aug 5 with 623 viewsFlashberryjack

Censorship on 20:21 - Aug 5 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

You didn't harm this site, you enhanced it.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Censorship on 21:30 - Aug 5 with 592 viewsJack123

Censorship on 18:54 - Aug 5 by Scotia

The anti vax stuff went on far too long. Stuff that would not have been allowed on other social media has been openly posted on here.

What other sites have had a Professor of immunology contributing to a thread only to be called incorrect and almost slandered by some pseudoscience from a retired factory worker? That went on for two years. Lives of people reading this site were at stake.

The pro Russian stuff was going the same way. It's a shame it's come to this but some of the contributions have been beyond stupid even if apparently just "controversial".

Some early bans could have prevented this.

Other social media, such as Facebook or You Tube? It's done now, but there was certainly nothing wrong with what the factory worker posted.

In a time of crisis, I see nothing wrong with hearing an alternative view, too be fair, I think many people would have gone crazy, if there had not been another take on it.

libera nos a malo

Censorship on 21:35 - Aug 5 with 584 viewsTreforys_Jack

It's a shame that an element aren't able to self police, I have 2 posters on ignore that I'd avoid like the plague in a pub, their history and views I find extremely distasteful and it wouldn't take much for me to bite so remove the irritation. There should definitely been more early bans as someone mentioned earlier. Shame for this site to feel this action is necessary but I can see why unfortunately.
Censorship on 21:55 - Aug 5 with 544 viewsScotia

Censorship on 21:30 - Aug 5 by Jack123

Other social media, such as Facebook or You Tube? It's done now, but there was certainly nothing wrong with what the factory worker posted.

In a time of crisis, I see nothing wrong with hearing an alternative view, too be fair, I think many people would have gone crazy, if there had not been another take on it.

Yes Facebook, YouTube, Instagram the lot.

The fact that you found nothing wrong with what was posted is a case in point as it was absolute nonsense. Every point was easily discredited but was believed by some people who may have based a decision not to be vaccinated on what he posted. It could have killed them. There was everything wrong with the posts.

Just because you like his version of the situation doesn't make it right.

In a time of crisis there is nothing wrong with an alternative view, but one that does more harm than good is dangerous. Ignoring the situation or pretending it is something it isn't doesn't make it go away.
Censorship on 22:16 - Aug 5 with 512 viewsJack123

Censorship on 21:55 - Aug 5 by Scotia

Yes Facebook, YouTube, Instagram the lot.

The fact that you found nothing wrong with what was posted is a case in point as it was absolute nonsense. Every point was easily discredited but was believed by some people who may have based a decision not to be vaccinated on what he posted. It could have killed them. There was everything wrong with the posts.

In a time of crisis there is nothing wrong with an alternative view, but one that does more harm than good is dangerous. Ignoring the situation or pretending it is something it isn't doesn't make it go away.

It does not make it wrong either..

I think now the covid ship has more or less sailed, when do we reflect on who really was right, and who was wrong..?

Maybe in a few years time, that might be the right time. I'll be honest with you Scot, I think it will take a good few years before the truth actually breaks.

libera nos a malo

Censorship on 22:37 - Aug 5 with 486 viewsScotia

Censorship on 22:16 - Aug 5 by Jack123

It does not make it wrong either..

I think now the covid ship has more or less sailed, when do we reflect on who really was right, and who was wrong..?

Maybe in a few years time, that might be the right time. I'll be honest with you Scot, I think it will take a good few years before the truth actually breaks.

It does make it wrong. Because it was wrong and proven to be wrong.

The covid ship has sailed because of nothing other than lockdown and vaccination.

It was a shit time I hated it.
Censorship on 22:39 - Aug 5 with 482 viewsDr_Winston

Censorship on 22:37 - Aug 5 by Scotia

The covid ship has sailed because of nothing other than lockdown and vaccination.

Vaccination maybe.

The full cost of lockdowns is yet to be seen. The current cost of living crisis has deep roots within it.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Censorship on 22:45 - Aug 5 with 472 viewsJack123

Censorship on 22:37 - Aug 5 by Scotia

Hopefully Scot, that's it,!! I don't think anyone would disagree how bad those days were for many.

libera nos a malo

Censorship on 22:49 - Aug 5 with 458 viewsNotLoyal

Censorship on 22:45 - Aug 5 by Jack123

Hopefully Scot, that's it,!! I don't think anyone would disagree how bad those days were for many.

Bloke a few doors down from me got covid last week, his ship is about to sail.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Censorship on 22:52 - Aug 5 with 453 viewsJack123

Censorship on 22:49 - Aug 5 by NotLoyal

Bloke a few doors down from me got covid last week, his ship is about to sail.

Sorry to hear that.

libera nos a malo

Censorship on 23:25 - Aug 5 with 415 viewsbuilthjack

Censorship on 21:35 - Aug 5 by Treforys_Jack

It's a shame that an element aren't able to self police, I have 2 posters on ignore that I'd avoid like the plague in a pub, their history and views I find extremely distasteful and it wouldn't take much for me to bite so remove the irritation. There should definitely been more early bans as someone mentioned earlier. Shame for this site to feel this action is necessary but I can see why unfortunately.

Who are the two?
Most have 2 or 3 on ignore these days, probably the same ones.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Censorship on 23:41 - Aug 5 with 403 viewsjackrmee

Agree with this.
Not being able to hear other peoples opinions about vaccines, Ukraine, or other big talking points etc. would mean we are less likely to learn anything.

If I was a business, I’d want my adverts on the site with the most traffic.
If I didn’t want it associated with certain points of view, I wouldn’t advertise on forums that promote fair and free speech. I’d advertise on websites which agree with my point of view.
Surely, they know, if they are advertising on a discussion forum, there will be discussions of all types.

I would have thought, with censorship, any forum would lose posters, posts, views, etc. which would in turn, make it less attractive to advertisers.
*I have no experience in advertising however.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Censorship on 23:53 - Aug 5 with 395 viewsDJack

Opinions are fine...facts are way better!

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Censorship on 00:08 - Aug 6 with 388 viewsTreforys_Jack

Censorship on 23:25 - Aug 5 by builthjack

Who are the two?
Most have 2 or 3 on ignore these days, probably the same ones.

Just checked and I'm down to 1, let's just say the poster doesn't live in Swansea.
Back to the thread, the issue was some posters were so entrenched they couldn't/ wouldn't see any other point of view, or even respect others right to think differently. Phrases like the "more intelligent poster" became quite prevalent and indeed raised its head again yesterday on the Renato Sanchez thread.
Censorship on 00:25 - Aug 6 with 380 viewsJack123

Censorship on 23:53 - Aug 5 by DJack

Opinions are fine...facts are way better!

But they were not facts though, how could they have been. It was all new, and even now, more and more data keeps rolling out.

I was there, took a relative to a vax when they first come out, nurse administered the injection and her words were ' You are now fully protected', fast forward 12 weeks or so, and they were not.

So there is definitely something amiss with all this. Like I said earlier, the truth will come out.

libera nos a malo

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024