Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A sacking is needed 22:29 - Aug 16 with 3272 viewsandrew

Whoever authorised Matt Grimes to boot the ball back to them after kick off needs sacking TONIGHT! Absolute disgrace.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Poll: Can’t see the new guy coming in to sit on the bench so, who’s off?

A sacking is needed (n/t) on 22:32 - Aug 16 with 2797 viewsJak365

[Post edited 30 Oct 2022 1:24]
A sacking is needed on 22:37 - Aug 16 with 2754 viewsFireboy2

A sacking is needed (n/t) on 22:32 - Aug 16 by Jak365

Can't you read?
A sacking is needed on 22:38 - Aug 16 with 2743 viewsFireboy2

Perhaps its grimes that needs dropping, it went downhill when Allen went off, surely that's enough evidence.
A sacking is needed on 22:40 - Aug 16 with 2722 viewsraynor94

A sacking is needed (n/t) on 22:32 - Aug 16 by Jak365

How couldn't we keep possession for 2 minutes after their first goal

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

A sacking is needed on 22:41 - Aug 16 with 2711 viewsonehunglow

A sacking is needed on 22:40 - Aug 16 by raynor94

How couldn't we keep possession for 2 minutes after their first goal

He might be lost for words let along grammar

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

A sacking is needed on 22:45 - Aug 16 with 2687 viewspencoedjack

A sacking is needed on 22:38 - Aug 16 by Fireboy2

Perhaps its grimes that needs dropping, it went downhill when Allen went off, surely that's enough evidence.

Grimes might have the captains armband but it was clear who the real captain on the pitch was tonight.

I’d imagine Grimes & Martin will exchange pleasantries over a vegan coffee & piece of cake in the morning.
A sacking is needed on 22:50 - Aug 16 with 2655 viewsmagicdaps10

A sacking is needed on 22:45 - Aug 16 by pencoedjack

Grimes might have the captains armband but it was clear who the real captain on the pitch was tonight.

I’d imagine Grimes & Martin will exchange pleasantries over a vegan coffee & piece of cake in the morning.

Allen was superb and Grimes needs stripping of that armband and handing it to Allen.

Absolute passion and a will tonight from Joey that showed us how much he loves the club..... Superb performance.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

A sacking is needed (n/t) on 22:50 - Aug 16 with 2645 viewsJak365

A sacking is needed on 22:45 - Aug 16 by pencoedjack

[Post edited 30 Oct 2022 1:25]
Login to get fewer ads

A sacking is needed on 22:53 - Aug 16 with 2637 viewsPatchesOHoulihan

Not a chance Joe Allen would be here if he wasn’t from the area, we need to take advantage of having him here this season while he’s still firing on nearly all cyclinders.

Sadly I think the team won’t do their bit in this current setup

This is Patches O'Houlihan saying "Take care of your balls, and they'll take care of you."

A sacking is needed on 23:13 - Aug 16 with 2536 viewsCatullus

A sacking is needed on 22:50 - Aug 16 by magicdaps10

Allen was superb and Grimes needs stripping of that armband and handing it to Allen.

Absolute passion and a will tonight from Joey that showed us how much he loves the club..... Superb performance.

I've been a Grimes critic but tonight, I'm not blaming him. Joe and grimesy did well together, it was Joe going off and Fulton replacing him that changed things. I like jay but he's not what we need there. I said it on the match thread, I'd rather play Naughton there if Joe has to go off.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

A sacking is needed on 23:28 - Aug 16 with 2494 viewsKilkennyjack

A sacking is needed on 23:13 - Aug 16 by Catullus

I've been a Grimes critic but tonight, I'm not blaming him. Joe and grimesy did well together, it was Joe going off and Fulton replacing him that changed things. I like jay but he's not what we need there. I said it on the match thread, I'd rather play Naughton there if Joe has to go off.

Fulton cant play.

His second touch is usually a tackle.
If not, its a header …. 🤷‍♂️

Beware of the Risen People

A sacking is needed on 23:42 - Aug 16 with 2461 viewsThrasher6

Joe's laughing below in the advert...

Poll: Social Distancing: When will it be an obsolete word?

A sacking is needed on 00:19 - Aug 17 with 2387 viewsSwans9

Totally agree with thread not anti Grimes but we all how good we are ball restart at 2 1 unreal kicked it straight to them. Panic at the disco
A sacking is needed on 00:44 - Aug 17 with 2351 viewsAndyCole

Yep, Martin Out Now.

Long overdue.

Been saying it for yonks now (well, over b'there, the poorer relations at PS, with a Top3 equalling thread ....).

Better late than never here, hey.

Martin Out..........pronto, before the window shuts and Wunter totally hecks it all up more than he has already hecked it all up. (Such the loser axis: Wunter:Martin.)

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

A sacking is needed on 00:48 - Aug 17 with 2347 viewsAndyCole

A sacking is needed on 23:28 - Aug 16 by Kilkennyjack

Fulton cant play.

His second touch is usually a tackle.
If not, its a header …. 🤷‍♂️

Fulton is now the escaped goat for Martin's tragic failings.

FWIW- Fults is a players' favourite.

Appreciated by the players yet unappreciated by the uninformed passive supporter.

Fact.

Grow up Kilks, or stick to the non-football malarkey

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

A sacking is needed on 05:15 - Aug 17 with 2278 viewsDr_Winston

A sacking is needed on 23:13 - Aug 16 by Catullus

The problem is when it's Fulton AND Grimes.

Play one or the other. They're both largely similar. They both have limited impact going forward but can sit in front of the back line and ensure that the ball gets recycled to those who can make things happen. When you put them both together then you sacrifice any dynamism or creativity in the centre of the park and invite the opposition to take control of the game.

As soon as he made that change I was sitting there waiting for Millwall to score. If they got one a second was always likely, and so it proved.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

A sacking is needed on 10:10 - Aug 17 with 2052 viewsBadlands

Agree with most of that criticism but the second goal has to be down to Fisher (aided by Wood)

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

A sacking is needed on 10:40 - Aug 17 with 2003 viewswhiterock

Didn't think much on Congrave when he came on either, not saying there's not a player there but with all the hype, he gave the ball away more times than he passed it, poor IMO
A sacking is needed on 10:47 - Aug 17 with 1986 viewsjasper_T

A sacking is needed on 10:40 - Aug 17 by whiterock

Didn't think much on Congrave when he came on either, not saying there's not a player there but with all the hype, he gave the ball away more times than he passed it, poor IMO

He's very young and some people have got a bit carried away with him, I think. Great that he's getting experience so early, and at 2-0 and coasting it's the right type of game to bring him on, but he's not a Championship footballer yet for sure.
A sacking is needed on 11:52 - Aug 17 with 1915 viewsnantywatcher

Got to be the dumbest OP I have ever read on this site.
That's what we do. That's our routine (and the majority of clubs) from a kick off or restart we or they pump the ball diagonally into the opponents far corner. Have people not noticed that before?? If we had played it back and started playing tippy-tappy we would have been asking for trouble, against a team that were in the ascendency willing to throw everything at us and with nothing to lose.
A sacking is needed on 12:41 - Aug 17 with 1846 viewsKeithHaynes

A sacking is needed on 11:52 - Aug 17 by nantywatcher

That's what we do. That's our routine (and the majority of clubs) from a kick off or restart we or they pump the ball diagonally into the opponents far corner. Have people not noticed that before?? If we had played it back and started playing tippy-tappy we would have been asking for trouble, against a team that were in the ascendency willing to throw everything at us and with nothing to lose.

I thought mine was the dumbest ?
Are you ok ?

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

A sacking is needed on 13:36 - Aug 17 with 1774 viewsReslovenSwan1

A sacking is needed on 11:52 - Aug 17 by nantywatcher

Doing it at the start of the game is one thing. Doing it at 90+2 is quite another. There were literally 180 seconds left. Keep the ball back to Fisher play through the line take it to the corner. Get a free kick. You know the route surely?

Millwall were desperate. Make them pay. Make them frustrated. This can be easily coached into the team.

Wise sage since Toshack era

A sacking is needed on 13:48 - Aug 17 with 1760 viewsReslovenSwan1

A sacking is needed on 10:47 - Aug 17 by jasper_T

He's very young and some people have got a bit carried away with him, I think. Great that he's getting experience so early, and at 2-0 and coasting it's the right type of game to bring him on, but he's not a Championship footballer yet for sure.

Congreve has seen two 2-0 given away on his watch and he was personally responsible for the equaliser at Oxford for not doing his job. (I once worked on a building site where I had a 18 year banksman who very nearly killed people for not doing his job). Age is no excuse.

Good lessons for the lad. He was also part of a highly touted Welsh u18 team that beat Croatia 4-2 with Congreve a star, then a credible even game v England 0-2. They than inexplicably lose 0-6 in the third game to winless Austria . I can only assume p a poor mentality or an hangover of some sort. He is now being talked about by nobodies like me and has some good lessons in his kit bag at 19 years. Lets hope he is a fast learner and future leader.

A sacking is needed on 14:05 - Aug 17 with 1739 viewsnantywatcher

A sacking is needed on 13:36 - Aug 17 by ReslovenSwan1

Doing it at the start of the game is one thing. Doing it at 90+2 is quite another. There were literally 180 seconds left. Keep the ball back to Fisher play through the line take it to the corner. Get a free kick. You know the route surely?

Millwall were desperate. Make them pay. Make them frustrated. This can be easily coached into the team.

Seriously? Pass the ball back to our goalie and we can then play the game out. The only thing you got right there was that Millwall were desperate - they would have been down our throats en masse. Thinking about it probably the worst possible move to have made; might have given them a chance to notch in a couple.
A sacking is needed on 14:14 - Aug 17 with 1728 viewsReslovenSwan1

A sacking is needed on 14:05 - Aug 17 by nantywatcher

Seriously? Pass the ball back to our goalie and we can then play the game out. The only thing you got right there was that Millwall were desperate - they would have been down our throats en masse. Thinking about it probably the worst possible move to have made; might have given them a chance to notch in a couple.

180 seconds.

Down our throats en masse. Free kick Swansea. (30 seconds) Down our throat on mass thow in Swansea. (30 seconds) Opps I cannot find anyone to throw to (booking) 30 Seconds. Another throw in tp Pattersom. He walks away with the vball offering it a millwall player 30 t years away (30 seconds). Melee another booking 60 seconds. Argy bargey.

They think it is all over. It is now.

Give the ball to Obafemi sprint then stop . Free kick Swansea. Harry Kane is a master of this.
[Post edited 17 Aug 2022 14:15]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024