Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Russian thread 15:35 - Oct 2 with 16823 viewsSirjohnalot

Hi all

I’ve taken the decision to ban Controversial Jack and deleted the thread.

This was my decision, I tried to keep the debate up for as long as possible but it got increasingly bizarre and for the good of the site, I removed it.

My decision, any criticism is on me not Keith.
Russian thread on 15:37 - Oct 2 with 4178 viewsDr_Winston

Fair. CJ is and always has been just a troll.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Russian thread on 15:39 - Oct 2 with 4178 viewsunion_jack

No criticism from me as I called for it as you were contemplating it.

Totally justified.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Russian thread on 15:40 - Oct 2 with 4175 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Russian thread on 15:37 - Oct 2 by Dr_Winston

Fair. CJ is and always has been just a troll.

One of two Russian voices in the wilderness.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Russian thread on 15:43 - Oct 2 with 4142 viewsonehunglow

The right call Jon .
Welcome relief

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Russian thread on 15:52 - Oct 2 with 4105 viewsDr_Winston

Russian thread on 15:40 - Oct 2 by felixstowe_jack

One of two Russian voices in the wilderness.

Nah. If popular opinion was pro-Russia he'd be pro-Ukraine.

Just one of those weirdos who likes arguing on the internet.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Russian thread on 15:52 - Oct 2 with 4120 viewsraynor94

Well done John, he has always been a troll

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Russian thread on 17:07 - Oct 2 with 4034 viewsbuilthjack

Send him to Melbourne

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Russian thread on 17:09 - Oct 2 with 4026 viewsonehunglow

Russian thread on 17:07 - Oct 2 by builthjack

Send him to Melbourne

Derbyshire?

Login to get fewer ads

Russian thread on 17:43 - Oct 2 with 3992 viewsTogg

I'm only a small time poster on here but I found some of his posts sickening. Total and utter Russian lying propaganda. He would believe this authoritarian bull over a western press. Yes the western press isn't ideal but it's far from controlled. Then the bits which he would make up . I think he mentioned once that Stalin had only killed a million people.
Ukrainians have been displaced, murdered, brutalised and had their country occupied. However he used this as a points scoring exercise for his warped political agenda. Just an insignificant Russian fan boy.
I would like to thank Dean for well and truly putting him in his place. Also thanks John ......great decision.
Russian thread on 18:33 - Oct 2 with 3935 viewsonehunglow

Russian thread on 17:43 - Oct 2 by Togg

I'm only a small time poster on here but I found some of his posts sickening. Total and utter Russian lying propaganda. He would believe this authoritarian bull over a western press. Yes the western press isn't ideal but it's far from controlled. Then the bits which he would make up . I think he mentioned once that Stalin had only killed a million people.
Ukrainians have been displaced, murdered, brutalised and had their country occupied. However he used this as a points scoring exercise for his warped political agenda. Just an insignificant Russian fan boy.
I would like to thank Dean for well and truly putting him in his place. Also thanks John ......great decision.

You re a good poster.
I’ve ripped into Contro and felt it my duty to do so.
Ukrainian children targeted and all for mother Zrussia.

It’s opportune to remind us of the support Russia gets from brynmill,one big admirer of Corbin,whose attitude is Ukraine to blame for all this

Russian thread on 19:31 - Oct 2 with 3873 viewstrampie

Did you pm him Sirjohnalot ?, I think you should have pm'd him and said for the 'good of the site' can you not post on this topic or something like that.

If it was me I would have appreciated a pm and would just post on football rather than have a complete ban, perhaps others would not accept that I don't know.

I think Controversial Jack was one of the best posters on here and did not make things up (which I personally like).

The issue this site has is 'for the good of the site', Controversial might well be correct in many of his observations on geopolitics in time (even if not his concerns and observations are valid) we have got to learn in the internet age that America and the West particularly America will try and enforce regime change to suit their aims this is no longer disputed, who knows if any skulduggery by America is at play here, or should I say how much is at play.

As regards getting more bizarre yes possibly so, but it might be because of the reaction he was getting for making some reasonable points and arguments, the problem was imo a lack of criticism of Russia by Controversial, he probably was not forthcoming in criticising Russia because people arguing with him would not accept his points about NATO/America, right wing groups within Ukraine, Ukraine history in ww2 etc

It's a pity, it's a difficult job weighing up freedom of speech and encouraging debate and different views with not upsetting the masses, in the fullness of time it might turnout the masses were hoodwinked, look at Northern Ireland in recent times, all of a sudden British Prime Ministers are apologising, people that were convicted let out of prison, because our lot made mistakes , yet if somebody was able to say we did that wrong and this wrong on the net 30/40 years ago they would have been banned yet possibly vindicated in the fullness of time, so tough call on Controversial.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Russian thread on 19:50 - Oct 2 with 3853 viewsdeanscfc

Glad to see that. It was painful to see that pro-Russian BS on a Swans forum.
[Post edited 2 Oct 2022 19:52]
Russian thread on 20:09 - Oct 2 with 3810 viewsDr_Winston

Russian thread on 19:31 - Oct 2 by trampie

Did you pm him Sirjohnalot ?, I think you should have pm'd him and said for the 'good of the site' can you not post on this topic or something like that.

If it was me I would have appreciated a pm and would just post on football rather than have a complete ban, perhaps others would not accept that I don't know.

I think Controversial Jack was one of the best posters on here and did not make things up (which I personally like).

The issue this site has is 'for the good of the site', Controversial might well be correct in many of his observations on geopolitics in time (even if not his concerns and observations are valid) we have got to learn in the internet age that America and the West particularly America will try and enforce regime change to suit their aims this is no longer disputed, who knows if any skulduggery by America is at play here, or should I say how much is at play.

As regards getting more bizarre yes possibly so, but it might be because of the reaction he was getting for making some reasonable points and arguments, the problem was imo a lack of criticism of Russia by Controversial, he probably was not forthcoming in criticising Russia because people arguing with him would not accept his points about NATO/America, right wing groups within Ukraine, Ukraine history in ww2 etc

It's a pity, it's a difficult job weighing up freedom of speech and encouraging debate and different views with not upsetting the masses, in the fullness of time it might turnout the masses were hoodwinked, look at Northern Ireland in recent times, all of a sudden British Prime Ministers are apologising, people that were convicted let out of prison, because our lot made mistakes , yet if somebody was able to say we did that wrong and this wrong on the net 30/40 years ago they would have been banned yet possibly vindicated in the fullness of time, so tough call on Controversial.

Might have to tone down the thinly veiled racism from here on in Tramps. The board is being properly moderated now.

It's probably between you and DYSS for next on the chopping block.

Russian thread on 20:15 - Oct 2 with 3796 viewstrampie

Russian thread on 20:09 - Oct 2 by Dr_Winston

Might have to tone down the thinly veiled racism from here on in Tramps. The board is being properly moderated now.

It's probably between you and DYSS for next on the chopping block.

I think all people are equal, not a racist bone in my body.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Russian thread on 20:16 - Oct 2 with 3802 viewsScotia

Definitely the right move.

He seemed a bit pathetic really, even his user name was wrong.
Russian thread on 20:29 - Oct 2 with 3775 viewsTogg

Russian thread on 20:16 - Oct 2 by Scotia

Definitely the right move.

He seemed a bit pathetic really, even his user name was wrong.

He was a parody mate. A point scoring pro Russian nerd.
Whilst people were dying, suffering, dehomed. However he had to get his pernicious views heard.
Russian thread on 20:37 - Oct 2 with 3747 viewsonehunglow

Russian thread on 20:15 - Oct 2 by trampie

I think all people are equal, not a racist bone in my body.

Laughable in a pitiful way

Russian thread on 20:55 - Oct 2 with 3716 viewsCatullus

Russian thread on 15:52 - Oct 2 by Dr_Winston

Nah. If popular opinion was pro-Russia he'd be pro-Ukraine.

Just one of those weirdos who likes arguing on the internet.

I said a longtime back he was being deliberately controversial just for the wind up. I don't think he believed most of what he posted. That Trampie thnks him a good poster says a lot. As you say, whatever the majority positin was, he deliberately went the other way but to extremes.

I'm not particularly glad he's banned because I don't particularly care.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Russian thread on 21:43 - Oct 2 with 3655 viewsraynor94

He was Freeman of the Land on here for years, spouting rubbish.

Always used to enjoy ECB putting him back in his box

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Russian thread on 22:00 - Oct 2 with 3611 viewsBoundy

Who ?

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Russian thread on 22:09 - Oct 2 with 3593 viewsmajorraglan

I’m all for freedom of speech and hearing alternative perspective, but I feel some of his posts were very poor.
Sir John - I think you’re a very fair moderator and although I don’t know you, you strike me as being a decent guy. Good decision as far as I’m concerned.
Russian thread on 22:30 - Oct 2 with 3554 viewsSirjohnalot

Russian thread on 22:09 - Oct 2 by majorraglan

I’m all for freedom of speech and hearing alternative perspective, but I feel some of his posts were very poor.
Sir John - I think you’re a very fair moderator and although I don’t know you, you strike me as being a decent guy. Good decision as far as I’m concerned.

Appreciate that.

I may be wrong, I don’t know, I’m still newish to this moderating lark. Just trying to keep things sane.

Some of the threads football and otherwise have been brilliant lately.
Russian thread on 22:39 - Oct 2 with 3546 viewsBrynmill_Jack

So no alternative opinions are welcome in the Swansea Independent echo chamber? That doesn’t surprise me but let’s just state a few facts .

1. NATO encroachment into Eastern Europe. Michael Gorbachev was promised that NATO “would not shift one foot eastwards on condition that the eastern block disbanded along with the Soviet Union.
He was lied to. Irrefutable fact.

2. Russia has never harboured any hostility towards Ukraine - however after the 2014 revolution (sponsored by the likes of Victoria Nuland) presented a real danger to Russian speaking or Ethnic Russian people throughout Ukraine. The Donbass felt this after being continually shelled for 8 years (also irrefutable ).

If this means debate is shut down then that is very sad . The Covid argument was neatly shut down but the vaccines have been found to be not what they seemed to be.

What if this is an act of NATO aggression which has prompted a Russian reaction? Does anyone really believe the west, recent history considered - is whiter than white?

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Russian thread on 22:48 - Oct 2 with 3535 viewsItchySphincter

Is dgt allowed to post on here? I find it odd that this controversial fellow, who I’ve never actually heard of, has been banned, along with h Dimi/sheriff/E20/Parlay/Dr P, etc, etc, yet that dgt who has promoted white-supremacism has largely gone unchecked?

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Russian thread on 23:00 - Oct 2 with 3519 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Russian thread on 22:48 - Oct 2 by ItchySphincter

Is dgt allowed to post on here? I find it odd that this controversial fellow, who I’ve never actually heard of, has been banned, along with h Dimi/sheriff/E20/Parlay/Dr P, etc, etc, yet that dgt who has promoted white-supremacism has largely gone unchecked?

E20 etc are just a bit OCD or maybe Autistic or Asberger sufferers. That’s completely different. Just saying something that someone else disagrees with even though there is evidence to support their claims is just mob rule and censorship.
[Post edited 2 Oct 2022 23:02]

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024