Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Where does Russell Martin go now ? Another night of the same old ! 22:00 - Feb 21 with 3852 viewsSwansIndependent

Where does Russell Martin go now ? Another night of the same old ! 21st Feb 2023 21:59
Another tale of complete woe for the magnificent turn out yet again at the Swansea.Com stadium tonight. Russell Martin brought in the desired changes but nine seemed to impact the game in the Wayne wanted, and the game was lost and to be honest it wasn’t even close. 0

The sad tale of another sad night, click above.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Where does Russell Martin go now ? Another night of the same old ! on 23:40 - Feb 21 with 1128 viewsSTID2017

Where does Russell Martin go now ? Another night of the same old ! on 23:37 - Feb 21 by magicdaps10

That was bad tonight STID!

The basic defending of balls played forward was unbelievable......the high % of balls were won by Stoke, be it a header a 50/50 and they were picking up an alarming amount of 2nd balls.

I have always seen a glimmer of hope with his football but Martin is a broken man and its reflecting heavily especially tonight........i can't see him resigning though.

We played like an away team tonight
A few shots on goal ( after the excellent start )
It was awful indeed
Defence was amateurish
I think he has to resign or next Monday will be worse

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Where does Russell Martin go now ? Another night of the same old ! on 08:27 - Feb 22 with 962 viewsRichardO

The attacking threat of Piroe, Whittaker and Cooper on the floor was there to be seen early on but when will he learn Cabango is a centreback not left back, not a right back, two wing backs playing too high or not close enough to the opposition players, Allen and Grimes dropped back too giving them time and space to move the ball from one side of the pitch to another creating overloads at ease,
Forwards told to try the high press but the rest of the team in no shape to help them leaving big gaps for the opposition to exploit reverted to a back four but the damage had been done.
Fulton use to give players a little too much space at times meaning he use to make rash challenges driving in to make up space, we did get close enough to even make challenges in the middle of the park, Fulton presence missed.
As for Grime we started with five at the back and more of less finished with five at the back, haven't watched the highlights yet but someone tracked back withh the scorer of the third but then let him go as others busted a gut to get back to close down the man in possession leaving him an easy pass to the goalscorer.
[Post edited 22 Feb 2023 8:29]
Where does Russell Martin go now ? Another night of the same old ! on 15:58 - Feb 22 with 820 viewsmax936

I can't believe he hasn't gone, its incredible.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Where does Russell Martin go now ? Another night of the same old ! on 16:07 - Feb 22 with 810 viewsmax936

Where does Russell Martin go now ? Another night of the same old ! on 22:27 - Feb 21 by Jack11

How can anyone refer back to the owners after a performance like that? It’s got nothing to do with them. If you’ve adopted a position of defending the owners over Martin previously, fair enough. If you’re just doing it to save face though, just admit you were wrong, there’s no shame in it. You can’t possibly talk about a shower like tonight though and not place the blame entirely at the manager’s door.

Another one who has mis read my post, must have been only clear to me as to what I was on about, dear me

Martin has to go but I doubt the owners will spend the money needed to pay Martin off,

January is gone so they couldn't spend money on any players if they wanted to.

I'll have to make myself more clearer in future, Obviously!

Where does Russell Martin go now ? Another night of the same old ! on 16:09 - Feb 22 with 809 viewsmax936

Where does Russell Martin go now ? Another night of the same old ! on 22:39 - Feb 21 by PatchesOHoulihan

The owners are only worth mentioning in terms of the likelihood they will get rid

That performance was all RM.

This football is so bad to watch despite the odd moments - surely even he realises that this will not be good enough - and as for asking for a contract to be sorted in the week 😂

Glad someone got it!

Where does Russell Martin go now ? Another night of the same old ! on 16:11 - Feb 22 with 809 viewsmax936

Where does Russell Martin go now ? Another night of the same old ! on 23:20 - Feb 21 by magicdaps10

If a decision needs to be made then they need to grow a pair and do so.........sitting on their hands waiting for the right opportunity is not the way to go.

As for myself, tonight was the worst thing I have seen for a while for the first 2 Stoke goals and the 3rd was not much better.
He's struggling young manager who I think is struggling mentally since the window closed.

Just since the window closed, yeah ok then.!

Where does Russell Martin go now ? Another night of the same old ! on 15:51 - Feb 23 with 674 viewsReslovenSwan1

a) The Martin payoff money is there. It did not go to Karlan Grant. KoL and Gill are not too expensive and can work in the academy.
b) Levien will now be looking for a new coach to make Martins style achievable and effective.
c) Levien stated that they will continue to invest.
d) What they will not do is continually get rinsed. (Fisher Patterson Sorinola - Martin) (Bennett Peterson Goykeres - Cooper) (Celina Mckay Asoro and Declan John- Potter)
e) Good players should be playing for Swansea not Plymouth or Glasgow Rangers.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Where does Russell Martin go now ? Another night of the same old ! on 18:36 - Feb 23 with 592 viewsNotLoyal

Where does Russell Martin go now ? Another night of the same old ! on 15:58 - Feb 22 by max936

I can't believe he hasn't gone, its incredible.

I have to say at any other club he would have.
They either really do believe in his process or see another penny spent on his behalf inc getting rid of him as pointless.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Login to get fewer ads

Where does Russell Martin go now ? Another night of the same old ! on 18:57 - Feb 23 with 569 viewsunion_jack

Where does Russell Martin go now ? Another night of the same old ! on 18:36 - Feb 23 by NotLoyal

I have to say at any other club he would have.
They either really do believe in his process or see another penny spent on his behalf inc getting rid of him as pointless.

The latter, almost certainly now.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Where does Russell Martin go now ? Another night of the same old ! on 22:20 - Feb 23 with 507 viewsBillyChong

Where does Russell Martin go now ? Another night of the same old ! on 15:51 - Feb 23 by ReslovenSwan1

a) The Martin payoff money is there. It did not go to Karlan Grant. KoL and Gill are not too expensive and can work in the academy.
b) Levien will now be looking for a new coach to make Martins style achievable and effective.
c) Levien stated that they will continue to invest.
d) What they will not do is continually get rinsed. (Fisher Patterson Sorinola - Martin) (Bennett Peterson Goykeres - Cooper) (Celina Mckay Asoro and Declan John- Potter)
e) Good players should be playing for Swansea not Plymouth or Glasgow Rangers.

d) not sure how the yanks were ‘rinsed’ for any of those examples. Gyokeres and Sorinola were loan signings. Patterson and Bennett free signings. Celina and Peterson went for pretty much what they were signed for originally. Asoro, McKay and John fees were peanuts compared to sales around that time.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024