Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea City aiming high to appoint their next manager ? Swans fans will be deli 08:00 - May 28 with 13946 viewsSwansIndependent

Swansea City aiming high to appoint their next manager ? Swans fans will be delighted ! 28th May 2023 08:00
News has reached us that Swansea City are aiming high in their attempts to appoint a new manager as formal negotiations seem to have been finalised for Russell Martin and his staff to leave the club. The current managerial betting game continues, but we are told that none of the alleged contenders have been spoken to as yet. 0

Aim high shoot thingy’s, click above.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Swansea City aiming high to appoint their next manager ? Swans fans will be deli on 09:24 - May 28 with 6467 viewsMartyrman57

Peter Crouch it is then 🙄
Swansea City aiming high to appoint their next manager ? Swans fans will be deli on 10:33 - May 28 with 6236 viewsbuilthjack

The club need to do it right, quickly. Get the manager and his team in. Get the players needed in, if one or two have to go, fine.
What we don’t want is them taking a month to get someone in, and 3 months getting players in.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Swansea City aiming high to appoint their next manager ? Swans fans will be deli on 10:36 - May 28 with 6225 viewsmagicdaps10

Keith "Sky" Walker it is then!

😂

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Swansea City aiming high to appoint their next manager ? Swans fans will be deli on 10:39 - May 28 with 6214 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City aiming high to appoint their next manager ? Swans fans will be deli on 10:36 - May 28 by magicdaps10

Keith "Sky" Walker it is then!

😂

Just about to leave Strathclyde Police !

Coukd be 😂

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Swansea City aiming high to appoint their next manager ? Swans fans will be deli on 10:57 - May 28 with 6161 viewsmagicdaps10

Jokes aside, only one that falls in the category as per the article.......aiming high and fans being happy.

Brendan Rodgers.

Now that would be making a statement and being proactive but it's not happening, outside that then I am scratching my head.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Swansea City aiming high to appoint their next manager ? Swans fans will be deli on 10:58 - May 28 with 6149 viewsDr_Winston

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Swansea City aiming high to appoint their next manager ? Swans fans will be deli on 11:01 - May 28 with 6149 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City aiming high to appoint their next manager ? Swans fans will be deli on 10:58 - May 28 by Dr_Winston

My thoughts on this are that if he did come, which isn’t what we reported btw, but he is mentioned this morning, then failure would lower his stock enormously.

Plus the club really don’t have the cash to fulfill his player demands.

Long shot but let’s see how the betting pans out over the next two days 😉

Swansea City aiming high to appoint their next manager ? Swans fans will be deli on 11:06 - May 28 with 6128 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City aiming high to appoint their next manager ? Swans fans will be deli on 10:57 - May 28 by magicdaps10

Jokes aside, only one that falls in the category as per the article.......aiming high and fans being happy.

Brendan Rodgers.

Now that would be making a statement and being proactive but it's not happening, outside that then I am scratching my head.

Also as was referenced, ‘ anyone can be in for anyone ‘
It’s just whether you have the muscle or financial ability to do so.

No harm in approaching anyone, especially if they are out of work.

Doesn’t mean to say they will get the job.

Login to get fewer ads

Swansea City aiming high to appoint their next manager ? Swans fans will be deli on 11:07 - May 28 with 6118 viewsWhiterockin

Swansea City aiming high to appoint their next manager ? Swans fans will be deli on 11:01 - May 28 by KeithHaynes

My thoughts on this are that if he did come, which isn’t what we reported btw, but he is mentioned this morning, then failure would lower his stock enormously.

I think there might be one or two outside the ticket office if it did happen. Highly unlikely IMO.
Swansea City aiming high to appoint their next manager ? Swans fans will be deli on 11:11 - May 28 with 6106 viewsDr_Winston

Swansea City aiming high to appoint their next manager ? Swans fans will be deli on 11:01 - May 28 by KeithHaynes

Failure would indeed lower his stock. Success would replenish it significantly.

Rodgers has never lacked for confidence and would certainly tick all the boxes that we're looking for, other than, as you say, perhaps financial.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Swansea City aiming high to appoint their next manager ? Swans fans will be deli on 12:15 - May 28 with 5991 viewspete

Swansea City aiming high to appoint their next manager ? Swans fans will be deli on 10:58 - May 28 by Dr_Winston

even if he speaks to the owners and they give him what he requests for salary but they will not " splash the cash " on players he will wants so for me a non starter
Swansea City aiming high to appoint their next manager ? Swans fans will be deli on 12:25 - May 28 with 5956 viewsQJumpingJack

Swansea City aiming high to appoint their next manager ? Swans fans will be deli on 12:15 - May 28 by pete

even if he speaks to the owners and they give him what he requests for salary but they will not " splash the cash " on players he will wants so for me a non starter

Brendan was on about £8m basic at Leicester per season
Swansea City aiming high to appoint their next manager ? Swans fans will be deli on 12:58 - May 28 with 5880 viewsnantywatcher

Swansea City aiming high to appoint their next manager ? Swans fans will be deli on 11:07 - May 28 by Whiterockin

I think there might be one or two outside the ticket office if it did happen. Highly unlikely IMO.

I think there is a lot of relevance to that comment. An appointment his that could increase pre-season revenue by a huge amount. BR is only 50 years old; his CV could easily cope with a negative period or two.
Swansea City aiming high to appoint their next manager ? Swans fans will be deli on 13:02 - May 28 with 5875 viewsSullutaCreturned

I don't see Rodgers coming back but I could easily be wrong. despite his failure there are always higher ranked jobs for people like him.

Look at Allardyce, in disgrace and out of football but then Leeds came in.
Swansea City aiming high to appoint their next manager ? Swans fans will be deli on 13:21 - May 28 with 5819 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

Swansea City aiming high to appoint their next manager ? Swans fans will be deli on 13:02 - May 28 by SullutaCreturned

I don't see Rodgers coming back but I could easily be wrong. despite his failure there are always higher ranked jobs for people like him.

Sorry I’ve done it again

There should be an option to remove any inadvertently pressed report abuse button so I don’t clog the mods inboxes up every thirty seconds.
[Post edited 28 May 2023 13:23]

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

Swansea City aiming high to appoint their next manager ? Swans fans will be deli on 13:29 - May 28 with 5797 viewsbuilthjack

Swansea City aiming high to appoint their next manager ? Swans fans will be deli on 12:58 - May 28 by nantywatcher

I think there is a lot of relevance to that comment. An appointment his that could increase pre-season revenue by a huge amount. BR is only 50 years old; his CV could easily cope with a negative period or two.

Stick him on a basic and a huge bonus if we go up.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Swansea City aiming high to appoint their next manager ? Swans fans will be deli on 14:00 - May 28 with 5745 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

Swansea City aiming high to appoint their next manager ? Swans fans will be deli on 13:02 - May 28 by SullutaCreturned

That Angie bloke at Celtic could ne going to spurs I imagine Brendan will be top of their list even though he did leave under a bit of a cloud.

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

Swansea City aiming high to appoint their next manager ? Swans fans will be deli on 14:01 - May 28 with 5736 viewsjojaca

Is it a Steven Gerrard type name, big name needs another job like us to build reputation back up.

I personally can't see Brendan coming back in a million years. Gerrard/Rooney, possibly Jesse Marsh or a real outsider Martinez wanting return to club management.

Even when you know, you never know?

Swansea City aiming high to appoint their next manager ? Swans fans will be deli on 14:07 - May 28 with 5721 viewsBadlands

I'd take a good overseas manager who would use us as a springboard to the premier league. If not our promotion then a successful season that he could use on a CV.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Swansea City aiming high to appoint their next manager ? Swans fans will be deli on 15:30 - May 28 with 5583 viewsSullutaCreturned

Swansea City aiming high to appoint their next manager ? Swans fans will be deli on 14:07 - May 28 by Badlands

I'd take a good overseas manager who would use us as a springboard to the premier league. If not our promotion then a successful season that he could use on a CV.

I'd be after this fella,

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/64554492#:~:text=The%20large%20amount%20of%
Swansea City aiming high to appoint their next manager ? Swans fans will be deli on 17:29 - May 28 with 5407 viewsjacksfullaces

Rodgers angled for a move from Leicester because they weren't backing him with finances, so presume he is after more than pocket money as a manger these days.
Swansea City aiming high to appoint their next manager ? Swans fans will be deli on 17:40 - May 28 with 5358 viewsReslovenSwan1

Not sure how it works but I understood the team that sacks a manager have to pay him in full unless they want to get sued.

The contract appears to have an opt out on this if the manager signs with someone else.

Obviously if the new club pays more or the same the sacking team is off the hook. Some mangers will simply take the wages and never work again. Alan Curbishley may be one of these. He was linked but never came back. Alan Pardew perhaps.

Warnock and Allardyce want to work 6 months only and get paid in bonuses. This is a good money harvesting option. Less work more pay. they are a happy to take short term deals and have n no pay offs if they fail.

What happens if a manager downsizes with a big contract is unclear to me. Say Brendan is on £5m pa for two more seasons. Clearly Swansea cannot pay it.

However If Swansea pay £1m and Leicester £4m then it could work. LFC would not want to accept this clearly but then BR himself could cut a deal and accept a £3m package giving up £2m pa voluntarily for a chance to live the dolce vita in the Gower,

For him joining Spurs is better as his will get the full package to 2025.

These guys have more money than they can ever spend but no one likes to give up what they are due. Other methods is Swansea giving Leicester discounts on Piroe and wood valuations. A combined £20m reduced to £16m with Brendan coming the other way with the £4m contribution to Brendan's reduced £3m wages and a 10% sell on clause on the two lads. If relegated Liecester could also give a promotion bonus. (this actually might not be allowed.)

In football it is always possible to put a deal together.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Swansea City aiming high to appoint their next manager ? Swans fans will be deli on 17:58 - May 28 with 5302 viewsWhiterockin

Swansea City aiming high to appoint their next manager ? Swans fans will be deli on 17:40 - May 28 by ReslovenSwan1

Not sure how it works but I understood the team that sacks a manager have to pay him in full unless they want to get sued.

The contract appears to have an opt out on this if the manager signs with someone else.

Obviously if the new club pays more or the same the sacking team is off the hook. Some mangers will simply take the wages and never work again. Alan Curbishley may be one of these. He was linked but never came back. Alan Pardew perhaps.

Warnock and Allardyce want to work 6 months only and get paid in bonuses. This is a good money harvesting option. Less work more pay. they are a happy to take short term deals and have n no pay offs if they fail.

What happens if a manager downsizes with a big contract is unclear to me. Say Brendan is on £5m pa for two more seasons. Clearly Swansea cannot pay it.

However If Swansea pay £1m and Leicester £4m then it could work. LFC would not want to accept this clearly but then BR himself could cut a deal and accept a £3m package giving up £2m pa voluntarily for a chance to live the dolce vita in the Gower,

These guys have more money than they can ever spend but no one likes to give up what they are due. Other methods is Swansea giving Leicester discounts on Piroe and wood valuations. A combined £20m reduced to £16m with Brendan coming the other way with the £4m contribution to Brendan's reduced £3m wages and a 10% sell on clause on the two lads. If relegated Liecester could also give a promotion bonus. (this actually might not be allowed.)

Rodgers had a £10M clause in his contract if he was sacked. He left Leicester by mutual consent so therefore an agreement was made for a reduced amount. He can accept any job he wants and its no concern of Leicester's. Which makes all the above totally irrelevant.
Swansea City aiming high to appoint their next manager ? Swans fans will be deli on 18:42 - May 28 with 5183 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City aiming high to appoint their next manager ? Swans fans will be deli on 17:40 - May 28 by ReslovenSwan1

If he did agree to come, and it’s highly unlikely, the Swans wouldn’t pay Leicester anything, it was a severance split, the info we have it was 14.5 M for Rodgers.

Swansea City aiming high to appoint their next manager ? Swans fans will be deli on 18:59 - May 28 with 5119 viewsswan_si

Rooney 🤔
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024