Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea City aiming high to appoint their next manager ? Swans fans will be deli 08:00 - May 28 with 14361 viewsSwansIndependent

Swansea City aiming high to appoint their next manager ? Swans fans will be delighted ! 28th May 2023 08:00
News has reached us that Swansea City are aiming high in their attempts to appoint a new manager as formal negotiations seem to have been finalised for Russell Martin and his staff to leave the club. The current managerial betting game continues, but we are told that none of the alleged contenders have been spoken to as yet. 0

Aim high shoot thingy’s, click above.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Swansea City aiming high to appoint their next manager ? Swans fans will be deli on 19:04 - May 28 with 3767 viewsWhiterockin

Swansea City aiming high to appoint their next manager ? Swans fans will be deli on 18:59 - May 28 by swan_si

Rooney 🤔

It mentioned the supporters would be happy, only if they run a brothel, allegedly.
Swansea City aiming high to appoint their next manager ? Swans fans will be deli on 19:25 - May 28 with 3689 viewsReslovenSwan1

Swansea City aiming high to appoint their next manager ? Swans fans will be deli on 17:58 - May 28 by Whiterockin

Rodgers had a £10M clause in his contract if he was sacked. He left Leicester by mutual consent so therefore an agreement was made for a reduced amount. He can accept any job he wants and its no concern of Leicester's. Which makes all the above totally irrelevant.

Well Keith says differently so you both cannot be right. I tend to favour the lower number (yours in this case) due to the tendency for hyperbole in football. However Keith is the experienced Journo.

I doubt you know the exact details of Brendan's sacking as it is probably not of public knowledge at least until the accounts come out. I do not know for sure but simply speculate. Forums live and die on speculation.

It as my understanding that in some cases manager's pay off is offset if a one club pays the bill if the manager is re employed in a short period. My point is therefore not irrelevant.

I took this of a football website . SQaF. I cannot verify the accuracy of this.

["For instance, Jose Mourinho didn’t come cheap for Tottenham Hotspur. His past success as a manager meant Tottenham was willing to take the risk in signing him to a large contract. Of course, things didn’t work out for them and Tottenham was left with the decision to give Mourinho his marching orders.

Reports claimed his compensation from Tottenham was approximately £16 million. However, Mourinho found himself in a job within a matter of months.

This reportedly saved Tottenham having to pay the full compensation but they are paying the difference between his new salary at Roma and his old one at Spurs. With Mourinho finding employment so quickly, it’s thought that Tottenham will save around £9 million from the original £16 million compensation package."]

Managers seem to get paid huge sums and then a reappear at another club in a different country when they could q simply retire. There must be strings attached.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Swansea City aiming high to appoint their next manager ? Swans fans will be deli on 19:33 - May 28 with 3700 viewsswan_si

Swansea City aiming high to appoint their next manager ? Swans fans will be deli on 19:04 - May 28 by Whiterockin

It mentioned the supporters would be happy, only if they run a brothel, allegedly.

Supporters nans don't count then.😉
Swansea City aiming high to appoint their next manager ? Swans fans will be deli on 01:02 - May 29 with 3442 viewsBarryTownSwam

Chris Coleman and Osian Roberts.
Joe Allen player coach
Swansea City aiming high to appoint their next manager ? Swans fans will be deli on 11:35 - May 29 with 3193 viewswhiterock

Pascal Jansen
Swansea City aiming high to appoint their next manager ? Swans fans will be deli on 15:10 - May 29 with 3044 viewsPawelAbbott

Andreas Iniesta
Swansea City aiming high to appoint their next manager ? Swans fans will be deli on 15:29 - May 29 with 3023 viewsSullutaCreturned

Swansea City aiming high to appoint their next manager ? Swans fans will be deli on 15:10 - May 29 by PawelAbbott

Andreas Iniesta

Like we could afford him!
Swansea City aiming high to appoint their next manager ? Swans fans will be deli on 18:05 - May 29 with 2891 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City aiming high to appoint their next manager ? Swans fans will be deli on 15:29 - May 29 by SullutaCreturned

Wouldn’t want him.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Login to get fewer ads

Swansea City aiming high to appoint their next manager ? Swans fans will be deli on 19:01 - May 29 with 2830 viewsPawelAbbott

Swansea City aiming high to appoint their next manager ? Swans fans will be deli on 15:29 - May 29 by SullutaCreturned

He hasn't got a job. Passed his UEFA coaching badges some years ago, has coached at Barcelona but currently looking for a role to see out his playing career and moving in to management. Clearly not good enough fir Swansea as the great Sage of Swansea football hath spoken.
Swansea City aiming high to appoint their next manager ? Swans fans will be deli on 19:09 - May 29 with 2804 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City aiming high to appoint their next manager ? Swans fans will be deli on 19:01 - May 29 by PawelAbbott

He hasn't got a job. Passed his UEFA coaching badges some years ago, has coached at Barcelona but currently looking for a role to see out his playing career and moving in to management. Clearly not good enough fir Swansea as the great Sage of Swansea football hath spoken.

Clarifying my point, he would be as equal a risk as Chris Davies, and for me has been in a multi million pound environment where fixing problems is how much you spend. Davies not so much, but years in certain environments does at times produce coaches who want a lot of finance.

No manager will get that at Swansea.

If they spend three million next season after all the sales I’m certain will happen I will be very much surprised.

Swansea City aiming high to appoint their next manager ? Swans fans will be deli on 22:02 - May 29 with 2644 viewsWhiterockin

Neil Critchley odds shortening
Swansea City aiming high to appoint their next manager ? Swans fans will be deli on 22:25 - May 29 with 2592 viewsGVJack

Brendon Rogers?
Frank Lampard?
Steven Gerrard?
Patrick Viera?
Graham Potter?
Wayne Rooney!

All got points to prove again.
Swansea City aiming high to appoint their next manager ? Swans fans will be deli on 22:36 - May 29 with 2574 viewsmagicdaps10

Some German and Schumacher still being discussed.

Apparently.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Swansea City aiming high to appoint their next manager ? Swans fans will be deli on 20:52 - May 30 with 2258 viewsSullutaCreturned

And the thread about the owners being reluctant to go after any manager that will cost compensation means that they are a million miles away fromn"aiming high"

I wonder if, in the end, any of us will be delighted. The road they are taking, it's starting to make Tan and Dalman look capable.
Swansea City aiming high to appoint their next manager ? Swans fans will be deli on 22:45 - Jun 1 with 1996 viewsjackrmee

Swansea City aiming high to appoint their next manager ? Swans fans will be deli on 20:52 - May 30 by SullutaCreturned

And the thread about the owners being reluctant to go after any manager that will cost compensation means that they are a million miles away fromn"aiming high"

I wonder if, in the end, any of us will be delighted. The road they are taking, it's starting to make Tan and Dalman look capable.

Compensation now!

Well Brenda would not cost compensation, and would be aiming very high

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Swansea City aiming high to appoint their next manager ? Swans fans will be deli on 23:26 - Jun 1 with 1956 viewsKeithHaynes

We leave people in a mindset of making their own decisions based on certain information we report, like any other website, mainstream media or whatever. Not sure if you are new to this site I haven’t looked, but have a look back on our reports since we took over regards, Piroe, Fisher, Cooper, Martin as a start ( there are many others ) Look at the dates, then look at the outcomes. You are asking me or more directly others who we know to make a call on the intentions of our clubs owners.

Have you any idea how hard it is to decipher information set against our owners in the USA and what they are thinking ! It’s like herding cats.

I think what you need to do is look back on the report you reference and read thoroughly what has been saiid. As for me saying ‘ there’s very little to spend ‘ maybe you can reference that with a screenshot or direct me to the conversation. Also when was it stated on here there will be plenty of player sales ? I don’t recall that being reported.

As for what you are to believe, then I think what you are asking is for us here at this website to make your own mind up for you. I can’t do that. We try to inform as best we can, and if you also refer back on this website it will indicate to you where our information when it can be divulged comes from. We often refer to agents, employed agents, contacts, sources or whatever. I’ve been writing on Swansea City matters for thirty plus years. This includes books, working for many national papers and football magazines. I hold my contacts very close and they will always be confidentially guarded.

We all here at this website have to be very careful how things are worded so the source ( if there is one isn’t disclosed ) many contacts of ours have a sympathetic view on our charitable cause and are as a result happy to chat confidentially almost every day. A good example was that error we made regards Martin’s new contract last week. It was online for ten minutes, a grave error by me, and I take full responsibility for that regardless as to why. Any long term reader of this website I’m sure agree when there’s been an error I speak up immediately.

On the manager. Tomorrow morning we have some info on Russell Martin, it’s going to be met with the usual twitter nonsense but it’s fact. A bit like today when people tried to undermine the website by asking questions that if they took five minutes to read the compensation issue for Martin a week ago they would have their answer. Like I said we aren’t twitter and we certainly can’t keep everyone happy with 180 characters, or whatever it is on a social media platform crammed with obsessive hatred.

That’s why we add context, opinion, and our own knowledge to a report plus the source information. I’m happy to have a chat on this thread if you reference specifics, and will be the first to hold their hand up if it’s wrong, as you may well be aware we rarely get credit when it’s right.

On the ‘delighted ‘ report we referenced what we knew and were told at the time. That’s still the case, but we warned as well of our concerns.

I’ve responded not just to you but to everyone really who reads this. Sometimes, even with a back catalogue of time stamped reports we have to reinstate where we are at. So yes, anyone who see’s anything they would like to mention or question please shoot. Only happy to respond.

Swansea City aiming high to appoint their next manager ? Swans fans will be deli on 23:49 - Jun 1 with 1925 viewsBillyChong

The owners will be looking down (cheaper, less experienced) rather than up (hardened, expensive, less controllable) in the manager search
Swansea City aiming high to appoint their next manager ? Swans fans will be deli on 00:27 - Jun 2 with 1887 viewsdobjack2

Swansea City aiming high to appoint their next manager ? Swans fans will be deli on 23:26 - Jun 1 by KeithHaynes

We leave people in a mindset of making their own decisions based on certain information we report, like any other website, mainstream media or whatever. Not sure if you are new to this site I haven’t looked, but have a look back on our reports since we took over regards, Piroe, Fisher, Cooper, Martin as a start ( there are many others ) Look at the dates, then look at the outcomes. You are asking me or more directly others who we know to make a call on the intentions of our clubs owners.

Have you any idea how hard it is to decipher information set against our owners in the USA and what they are thinking ! It’s like herding cats.

I think what you need to do is look back on the report you reference and read thoroughly what has been saiid. As for me saying ‘ there’s very little to spend ‘ maybe you can reference that with a screenshot or direct me to the conversation. Also when was it stated on here there will be plenty of player sales ? I don’t recall that being reported.

As for what you are to believe, then I think what you are asking is for us here at this website to make your own mind up for you. I can’t do that. We try to inform as best we can, and if you also refer back on this website it will indicate to you where our information when it can be divulged comes from. We often refer to agents, employed agents, contacts, sources or whatever. I’ve been writing on Swansea City matters for thirty plus years. This includes books, working for many national papers and football magazines. I hold my contacts very close and they will always be confidentially guarded.

We all here at this website have to be very careful how things are worded so the source ( if there is one isn’t disclosed ) many contacts of ours have a sympathetic view on our charitable cause and are as a result happy to chat confidentially almost every day. A good example was that error we made regards Martin’s new contract last week. It was online for ten minutes, a grave error by me, and I take full responsibility for that regardless as to why. Any long term reader of this website I’m sure agree when there’s been an error I speak up immediately.

On the manager. Tomorrow morning we have some info on Russell Martin, it’s going to be met with the usual twitter nonsense but it’s fact. A bit like today when people tried to undermine the website by asking questions that if they took five minutes to read the compensation issue for Martin a week ago they would have their answer. Like I said we aren’t twitter and we certainly can’t keep everyone happy with 180 characters, or whatever it is on a social media platform crammed with obsessive hatred.

That’s why we add context, opinion, and our own knowledge to a report plus the source information. I’m happy to have a chat on this thread if you reference specifics, and will be the first to hold their hand up if it’s wrong, as you may well be aware we rarely get credit when it’s right.

On the ‘delighted ‘ report we referenced what we knew and were told at the time. That’s still the case, but we warned as well of our concerns.

I’ve responded not just to you but to everyone really who reads this. Sometimes, even with a back catalogue of time stamped reports we have to reinstate where we are at. So yes, anyone who see’s anything they would like to mention or question please shoot. Only happy to respond.

If you've accidentally down arrows a post because you have fat fingers, can you change it?
Swansea City aiming high to appoint their next manager ? Swans fans will be deli on 00:52 - Jun 2 with 1861 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City aiming high to appoint their next manager ? Swans fans will be deli on 23:49 - Jun 1 by BillyChong

The owners will be looking down (cheaper, less experienced) rather than up (hardened, expensive, less controllable) in the manager search

As David Gold, ex West Ham joint chairman said. WTE.
‘We are in for everyone, all the time’
As Simon Jordan responded ‘ Yes you can do that but you have to have the muscle and financial ability to do so ‘

Swansea City aiming high to appoint their next manager ? Swans fans will be deli on 15:42 - Jun 4 with 1596 viewsjack90

Thanks for the reply appreciate the work you do to try and keep us updated on what’s going on .the point I was referring to was the post directly above my post . Ref lots of sales and less than 3 million to spend .My opinion happens to be I prefer the club not to announce anything until it’s 100% happening. I prefer that approach over Silverstein / Coleman spouting off in the media .
I do read the site daily but prefer not to post .
Firstly my grammar is pretty poor so fear of being ridiculed.
Secondly a few annoying posters tend to hijack some pretty decent debates
Swansea City aiming high to appoint their next manager ? Swans fans will be deli on 18:49 - Jun 4 with 1463 viewsonehunglow

Nope.
They are not partisan and pretty fair.
I’ve had plenty of jousts with Keith and will have many more ,hopefully.

There are groups of like minded folk on here that back each other up no matter what but by and large this a a site to exchange opinions in a decent way . Some can’t post dispassionately or objectively but this site is worth sticking with.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Swansea City aiming high to appoint their next manager ? Swans fans will be deli on 21:02 - Jun 4 with 1332 viewsKeithHaynes

I think the report needs a re read 😉

There’s more words below the headline.

Swansea City aiming high to appoint their next manager ? Swans fans will be delighted ! 28th May 2023 08:00
News has reached us that Swansea City are aiming high in their attempts to appoint a new manager as formal negotiations seem to have been finalised for Russell Martin and his staff to leave the club. The current managerial betting game continues, but we are told that none of the alleged contenders have been spoken to as yet. 0

Swansea City aiming high to appoint their next manager ? Swans fans will be deli on 08:52 - Jun 18 with 1046 viewsKeithHaynes

Stuart usually gets a load of responders, obviously this one hurt too much for the twitterati to involve themselves in. The internet is a great time stamp.

Swansea City aiming high to appoint their next manager ? Swans fans will be deli on 11:42 - Jun 18 with 909 viewsmax936

Swansea City aiming high to appoint their next manager ? Swans fans will be deli on 08:52 - Jun 18 by KeithHaynes

Stuart usually gets a load of responders, obviously this one hurt too much for the twitterati to involve themselves in. The internet is a great time stamp.

" But he wasn’t interested.
FWIW, I think some people (blinded by their love of the club) believe the job is far more attractive than it really is."

He's spot on, yet some reckon that Managers would be queueing all the way from the Liberty right down to B&Q.

Absolute nonsense, they all will have known about the debacle in January and they'll probably ask themselves as to why the last 3 managers were very keen to get out, although it might have suited both parties for Martin to go, I suppose.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Swansea City aiming high to appoint their next manager ? Swans fans will be deli on 11:50 - Jun 18 with 897 viewsDr_Winston

Still pushing the nonsense that Potter, Cooper and Martin wanted out because of a transfer window.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024