Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Martin gone - official 19:04 - Jun 21 with 4907 viewsdobjack2

Swansea City can confirm head coach Russell Martin has left the club to join Southampton.

Martin had a little over 12 months remaining on the three-year deal he signed upon arriving at the Swansea.com Stadium in August 2021.

The club also stands firm in our belief that we are owed full compensation for Russell, and we will continue working diligently and strategically to protect the best interests of the club.

Swansea City would like to place on record its thanks to Russell for his work during his time in SA1.

The club will update supporters regarding a new first-team coaching staff in due course.
Martin gone - official on 19:13 - Jun 21 with 2897 views1983

Sacked by Christmas!

Martin gone - official on 19:16 - Jun 21 with 2871 viewsReslovenSwan1

Perhaps they have accepted to he £1.25m and will go to appeal to get the rest. It would pay for Duff's compo.

If Martin declined to fly to USA he may have been tapped up before Southampton spoke to Swansea.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Martin gone - official on 19:17 - Jun 21 with 2871 viewslifelong

I am sorry to see him go, very promising improvements at the latter part of last season and a third season could have proved very fruitful.
I wish him well in his new appointment.
Martin gone - official on 19:23 - Jun 21 with 2832 viewsguthrieintherain

Martin gone - official on 19:16 - Jun 21 by ReslovenSwan1

Perhaps they have accepted to he £1.25m and will go to appeal to get the rest. It would pay for Duff's compo.

If Martin declined to fly to USA he may have been tapped up before Southampton spoke to Swansea.

I think it's already been established he refused to travel.

Poll: What will happen with Morgan Whittaker

Martin gone - official on 19:24 - Jun 21 with 2821 viewsReslovenSwan1

Martin gone - official on 19:17 - Jun 21 by lifelong

I am sorry to see him go, very promising improvements at the latter part of last season and a third season could have proved very fruitful.

Perhaps he needs three seasons for his methods to work. It is strange he jumps ship after two season in his first two appointments.

Both Martinez and Brendan left when the job had been done and promotions achieved. The left the club far better off than when they arrived. This cannot be said of Martin who took Swansea from two play off to a high point of 10th.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Martin gone - official on 19:28 - Jun 21 with 2802 viewsFireboy2

So do I LL.

Glad it's finally been sorted and I hope that duff is announced tomorrow, I like the look of him which means that some won't 😁
Martin gone - official on 19:32 - Jun 21 with 2778 viewsnyc_swans

Will never begrudge a player or manager for moving on. That said, the perception of Martin right now is strongly colored by the stretch at the end of the season when there was absolutely no pressure on him. I have no idea if he's the kind of manager who can get a result when he needs to. I think his first 10 games at Southampton will tell us more about what kind of manager he is than the last 2 years.
Martin gone - official on 19:44 - Jun 21 with 2705 viewsbuilthjack

I always said it would take 3 seasons. But not to.be.
Don't blame him.for moving on.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Login to get fewer ads

Martin gone - official on 20:01 - Jun 21 with 2611 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

I was not convinced about him whilst he was here and have mixed feelings about him going. Anyway, who is next.....

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Martin gone - official on 20:06 - Jun 21 with 2591 viewsQJumpingJack

It may depend on what Kaplan said to RM before the Millwall game in March in London.
Martin gone - official on 20:10 - Jun 21 with 2544 viewsonehunglow

OHL unavailable for comment
Just never darken our door again Russy.

Get it right and we can be whole again..

Wishing him well….my God,incredible

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Martin gone - official on 20:22 - Jun 21 with 2507 viewsvetchonian

Martin gone - official on 20:06 - Jun 21 by QJumpingJack

It may depend on what Kaplan said to RM before the Millwall game in March in London.

funny how the Millwall game saw the reversion to a back 4 and we beagn our unbeaten run after that game.

Perhaps Kaplan fired a warning shot

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Martin gone - official on 20:29 - Jun 21 with 2479 viewsTenbySwan

Goodbye and good riddance.

No loyalty.
Martin gone - official on 20:33 - Jun 21 with 2451 viewsraynor94

Martin gone - official on 19:44 - Jun 21 by builthjack

Well, I certainly do blame him for turning his back on us.

It didn't take much to turn his head again

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Martin gone - official on 20:44 - Jun 21 with 2402 viewsonehunglow

A fella that basically said we were not a proper club
A coach who took us nowhere
A coach who was nowhere near taking us to top six with decent players
One who brought Fisher to us who we cannot get shot of.
Wish I him the best ? Why?
Just sickening
Suppose when he brings Soton to us,he will be clapped.

Loved the fan though !

Just rid him from the memory bank.

Come n Duff

Martin gone - official on 20:46 - Jun 21 with 2402 viewspencoedjack

Martin gone - official on 19:28 - Jun 21 by Fireboy2

So do I LL.

Glad it's finally been sorted and I hope that duff is announced tomorrow, I like the look of him which means that some won't 😁

Unlike you obviously glad to see him go, last season was wasted & he didn’t utilise the players he had available until it was too late all because he is stubborn or a shite manager.

Totally agree that Duff looks a good choice 👍
Martin gone - official on 20:47 - Jun 21 with 2399 viewsQJumpingJack

Quite punchy in places especially around the January transfer debacle created by the board

https://www.swanstrust.co.uk/news/trust-statement-russell-martin/
Martin gone - official on 20:49 - Jun 21 with 2379 viewsonehunglow

Martin gone - official on 20:47 - Jun 21 by QJumpingJack

Quite punchy in places especially around the January transfer debacle created by the board

I could have punched harder
One to forget asap.
Come on Michael.Cleanse us

Martin gone - official on 20:53 - Jun 21 with 2370 viewsvetchonian

But nowt to match Russy's fist pumps

I wonder what Duff's air puching is like.....will it match what we have seen to date

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Martin gone - official on 20:56 - Jun 21 with 2354 views1983

Southampton will want results straight away and will demand to go straight back up, this will not happen with Martin

Martin gone - official on 20:57 - Jun 21 with 2336 viewsonehunglow

Martin gone - official on 20:56 - Jun 21 by 1983

Southampton will want results straight away and will demand to go straight back up, this will not happen with Martin

Did he not say performanceand possession stats more important that results ?
If so,he s dead meat in waiting.
Sacked by Chrimbo.

Martin gone - official on 20:59 - Jun 21 with 2338 viewspencoedjack

I’m glad the management team don’t give any information out regarding any negotiations out to the trust about who they are talking with about the managerial vacancy

I missed the exciting football around the transfer window & glad the money was saved to give to a proper football manager.

I cringe thinking about the love in from some of our fanbase when he returns to the liberty

Beat a side who would have been relegated if others hadn’t been deducted points is his legacy.

Tosh Kenny Roberto Laudrup & Brendan achieved far more than the fraud.
Martin gone - official on 21:03 - Jun 21 with 2318 viewsDr_Winston

Spewing the same disingenuous nonsense that suggests the poor run of form all winter was as a result of the transfer window when it began two months earlier than that.

The bottom line remains indisputable. The final run of form confirms beyond a doubt that he already had a squad good enough to at least challenge for the playoffs. Last season was a wasted season thanks to Russell Martin and his sh*tty "process".
[Post edited 21 Jun 2023 21:05]

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Martin gone - official on 21:06 - Jun 21 with 2290 viewsItchySphincter

Martin gone - official on 19:44 - Jun 21 by builthjack

No manager that takes a team of two consecutive playoffs to the heady heights of 17th and 10th will ever get an extra year of ‘process’. He’s a snakeoil salesman and he’s been toast here for ages.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Martin gone - official on 21:08 - Jun 21 with 2270 viewsonehunglow

Martin gone - official on 21:06 - Jun 21 by ItchySphincter

No manager that takes a team of two consecutive playoffs to the heady heights of 17th and 10th will ever get an extra year of ‘process’. He’s a snakeoil salesman and he’s been toast here for ages.

He was very clever though

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024