Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The 2024 General Election 14:36 - Oct 10 with 12963 viewsjohnlangy

If Labour do win the 2024 General Election they will find themselves in a very strange situation regarding what they are able to achieve, at least in the short term.

People always want big, bold statements regarding huge investments in infrastructure, house building, energy developments to relieve our dependancy on other countries oil/gas and so on.

But I was struck by something Peter Kyle said yesterday. Labour will I’m sure make some major policy announcements but he also said this. Paraphrasing, he said it is shameful but it would be a huge achievement to get to a place where people could get an appointment with their GP, to get their NHS treatment that they’ve been waiting on for X years or to get a dental appointment.

He could have also said it would be an amazing achievement if, when people are mugged or their house is burgled that the police would turn up to investigate.

It’s a dreadful situation for the country to be in that the basic pillars of a civilised society aren’t there any more.

I’ve mentioned health but then there’s education (how many thousands of teachers are needed to fill all the vacancies which means our children’s education is suffering ?). And policing (see above) – the service is 20,000 officers short. No wonder the streets are becoming lawless. Then there’s the Prison Service and the CPS. It is all an utter shambles.

As far as I can see it all of this is down to one thing and that’s the austerity that the Conservatives have imposed on the country since 2010. They cut back massively in all departments in order to ‘bring the countries enormous debt down’. They asked that people accept the need for this pain and go along with it and that there was no other way to achieve the goal.

And after the pain of all that austerity where are we now ? In 2010 the debt was less than £1 trillion. It is now £2.6 trillion.

If they have cut back so enormously on spending, which by extension means that they were also able to cut back on borrowing, could someone explain to me where all this debt has come from ?
The 2024 General Election on 20:20 - Oct 18 with 1174 viewspencoedjack

The 2024 General Election on 19:58 - Oct 18 by Dr_Winston

Nothing is going to change in Wales until the people who live outside the central CF postcode area stop voting for Politicians who continually fart in their faces.

It won’t happen Dr.
The 2024 General Election on 21:01 - Oct 18 with 1140 viewsbuilthjack

Deaf when suits some people.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

The 2024 General Election on 21:33 - Oct 18 with 1119 viewsFlashberryjack

The 2024 General Election on 21:01 - Oct 18 by builthjack

Very true

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

The 2024 General Election on 21:35 - Oct 18 with 1117 viewsBoundy

The 2024 General Election on 21:01 - Oct 18 by builthjack

I can honestly say I've never heard it sang and if I had I would say so , perhaps it may have been sang else where in the ground but not in earshot of my position

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

The 2024 General Election on 22:07 - Oct 18 with 1098 viewspencoedjack

The 2024 General Election on 21:35 - Oct 18 by Boundy

I can honestly say I've never heard it sang and if I had I would say so , perhaps it may have been sang else where in the ground but not in earshot of my position

It’s on TV in Welsh so I presume the majority of the country have the volume down.
The 2024 General Election on 22:34 - Oct 18 with 1085 viewsmajorraglan

I was in the CCS on Sunday and can’t recall hearing it, but that’s not to say it wasn’t sung as there were a few chants that were quite difficult to make out. Sometimes the singing s clear and other times it’s not.

It’s not a song I’d sing.
The 2024 General Election on 22:54 - Oct 18 with 1065 viewsbuilthjack

The 2024 General Election on 22:34 - Oct 18 by majorraglan

I was in the CCS on Sunday and can’t recall hearing it, but that’s not to say it wasn’t sung as there were a few chants that were quite difficult to make out. Sometimes the singing s clear and other times it’s not.

It’s not a song I’d sing.

We were in the Ninian, about 80 yards from the Canton. The Red Wall in the Canton sang it for at least 2 minutes non stop. It was hard to miss it.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

The 2024 General Election on 23:32 - Oct 18 with 1066 viewsmajorraglan

The 2024 General Election on 22:54 - Oct 18 by builthjack

We were in the Ninian, about 80 yards from the Canton. The Red Wall in the Canton sang it for at least 2 minutes non stop. It was hard to miss it.

I’m not disputing what you’re saying, it’s just that I don’t recall hearing it. Sometimes the singing is hard to make out.
Login to get fewer ads

The 2024 General Election on 07:26 - Oct 19 with 1028 viewsGwyn737

The 2024 General Election on 16:18 - Oct 17 by Gwyn737

Aren't they more fear of Labour?

I was asking what has 13 years of Tory govenment done to make people want to vote for them?

Still no answers to this…
The 2024 General Election on 07:36 - Oct 19 with 1014 viewsWhiterockin

The 2024 General Election on 07:26 - Oct 19 by Gwyn737

Still no answers to this…

Possibly if I thought my local Conservative candidate was the best option to beat the Labour candidate in the Senedd elections I would vote for them, depending on the other options.

In a GE not a chance.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

The 2024 General Election on 07:52 - Oct 19 with 991 viewspencoedjack

The 2024 General Election on 07:36 - Oct 19 by Whiterockin

Possibly if I thought my local Conservative candidate was the best option to beat the Labour candidate in the Senedd elections I would vote for them, depending on the other options.

In a GE not a chance.

When the time comes I will vote for whoever I think will be best for mine but more importantly my kids/grandkids future.

100% I will not be voting labour in the next Senedd elections, anyone who does is a fool.
The 2024 General Election on 08:03 - Oct 19 with 982 viewsWhiterockin

The 2024 General Election on 07:52 - Oct 19 by pencoedjack

When the time comes I will vote for whoever I think will be best for mine but more importantly my kids/grandkids future.

100% I will not be voting labour in the next Senedd elections, anyone who does is a fool.

Agreed, anyone who votes for the same again in either government is an idiot IMO.

The 2024 General Election on 09:50 - Oct 19 with 952 viewsWhiterockin

The 2024 General Election on 16:18 - Oct 17 by Gwyn737

Aren't they more fear of Labour?

I was asking what has 13 years of Tory govenment done to make people want to vote for them?

I wonder how the voting in the two by elections will go today, Mid Bedfordshire and Tamworth. Both strong Conservative seats, will the vote hold up and return Conservative MP's or will Labour continue their progress. This may answer your question one way or another.

The 2024 General Election on 15:52 - Oct 19 with 908 viewsGwyn737

The 2024 General Election on 09:50 - Oct 19 by Whiterockin

I wonder how the voting in the two by elections will go today, Mid Bedfordshire and Tamworth. Both strong Conservative seats, will the vote hold up and return Conservative MP's or will Labour continue their progress. This may answer your question one way or another.

I think it's going to be very tight which would still represent huge swings.
The 2024 General Election on 19:40 - Oct 19 with 868 viewsSullutaCreturned

Well I've never hear di sung either. Plenty of football songs being sung but politcal songs for many verses by thousands of people?

Maybe a few people have sung it, not enough for most of the ground to hear but THOUSANDS singing it?
I shall be listening eagerly on Saturday.
The 2024 General Election on 20:27 - Oct 19 with 844 viewsonehunglow

The 2024 General Election on 19:40 - Oct 19 by SullutaCreturned

Well I've never hear di sung either. Plenty of football songs being sung but politcal songs for many verses by thousands of people?

Maybe a few people have sung it, not enough for most of the ground to hear but THOUSANDS singing it?

Maybe they’ve been lip synching

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

The 2024 General Election (n/t) on 22:21 - Oct 19 with 795 viewsbuilthjack

The 2024 General Election on 19:40 - Oct 19 by SullutaCreturned

Are you Thomas Edison ?
You must be.
[Post edited 19 Oct 2023 22:23]

The 2024 General Election (n/t) on 22:30 - Oct 19 with 791 viewsBoundy

The 2024 General Election (n/t) on 22:21 - Oct 19 by builthjack

Are you Thomas Edison ?
You must be.

Is there any chance of a recording being made available ?

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

The 2024 General Election (n/t) on 22:52 - Oct 19 with 769 viewsbuilthjack

The 2024 General Election (n/t) on 22:30 - Oct 19 by Boundy

Is there any chance of a recording being made available ?

If you like the song that much just join in. Clean those lugholes out first though, unless you are growing spuds in them.

The 2024 General Election (n/t) on 16:54 - Oct 20 with 692 viewsSullutaCreturned

The 2024 General Election (n/t) on 22:21 - Oct 19 by builthjack

Are you Thomas Edison ?
You must be.

Actually I had my hearing tested in work 2 weeks back and it's better than average for my age.

Are you Timothy Leary?

If what you say is true why is it nobody else seems to have heard it? Thosands of people make quite a bit of noise.

Like I said, I'll be listening for it tomorrow. I'llask my mates too, we all sit in different areas, surely one of us will have heard it.
The 2024 General Election (n/t) on 17:34 - Oct 20 with 678 viewsonehunglow

The 2024 General Election (n/t) on 16:54 - Oct 20 by SullutaCreturned

Actually I had my hearing tested in work 2 weeks back and it's better than average for my age.

Are you Timothy Leary?

If what you say is true why is it nobody else seems to have heard it? Thosands of people make quite a bit of noise.

Like I said, I'll be listening for it tomorrow. I'llask my mates too, we all sit in different areas, surely one of us will have heard it.

My hearing is shot to pieces but it has its advantages ,in the home at least .

The 2024 General Election (n/t) on 17:42 - Oct 20 with 669 viewsTogg

The 2024 General Election (n/t) on 17:34 - Oct 20 by onehunglow

My hearing is shot to pieces but it has its advantages ,in the home at least .

You suffer from selective hearing. 98% of married men allegedly have this disease.
The 2024 General Election (n/t) on 19:25 - Oct 20 with 626 viewsonehunglow

The 2024 General Election (n/t) on 17:42 - Oct 20 by Togg

You suffer from selective hearing. 98% of married men allegedly have this disease.

Eh

The 2024 General Election (n/t) on 20:39 - Oct 20 with 587 viewspencoedjack

The 2024 General Election (n/t) on 16:54 - Oct 20 by SullutaCreturned

Are you Timothy Leary?

Probably because nobody gives a toss
The 2024 General Election on 21:16 - Oct 20 with 556 viewsraynor94

The 2024 General Election on 22:33 - Oct 17 by builthjack

At every football match that I have been to this season, Wales and Swansea games, thousands have sung Fu#£ the Tories for many verses.
So I would say that they haven’t got a hope in hells chance of getting in.
The singers could of course all be voting for the Greens.

Sorry, never heard it at the Liberty

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024