Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED 22:49 - Oct 24 with 10433 viewsModeratorC

Here it is, the next instalment in the Michael Duff ‘ What are you gonna get ‘ series. This time it’s Blackburn away. Will the Swans win a Tony ?

Swansea City head north today with injury concerns 26th Oct 2023 15:12
The Swans take on Blackburn Rovers on Saturday and beforehand will stay at St George’s Park to ready themselves for the fixture. It seems two more casualties will be added to the injury list, regardless of the ‘hope’ things can get better. 0

Blackburn Rovers build up continues on the Indy : Cabango fit ‘Latest’ 27th Oct 2023 12:41
Swansea City have the challenge of three exceptionally hard fixtures before yet another international break. First off its Blackburn Rovers away tomorrow afternoon before facing Sunderland at home then Ipswich away. 0

Swansea City : Warning ! History must not repeat itself today 28th Oct 2023 08:00
The Swans make the one hundred mile journey from their base at St George’s Park in Staffordshire to Ewood Park, Blackburn later this morning. The squad have spent the last two days at England’s training base readying themselves for this afternoons test. 0

Missed chances, offsides and at last the Swans win at Blackburn Rovers 28th Oct 2023 17:40
Swansea City made hard work of it, but three points are three points despite the second half pressure from the home side. 0

This post has been edited by an administrator
Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED on 17:00 - Oct 28 with 1483 viewsWhiterockin

Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED on 16:58 - Oct 28 by Whiterockin

That was squeaky but 3 points in the bag and back to winning ways.

And fist pumps from Duff to the supporters, the good times are back.
Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED on 17:00 - Oct 28 with 1481 viewsTreforys_Jack

Started very poorly, but grew and took over, should have had a couple more goals and the last 20mins or so would have been a lot less stressful.
Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED on 17:01 - Oct 28 with 1459 viewsunion_jack

Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED on 16:18 - Oct 28 by Treforys_Jack

Me too, can't handle Wyndham sorry

For an ex-pro he doesn’t half spout some cr@p!

However, one thing he did say which I’ve been screaming about the last few games or longer is that we need to close them down and stop them getting crosses in. We give opponents far too much space especially down the wings.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED on 17:03 - Oct 28 with 1446 viewsWhiterockin

Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED on 17:00 - Oct 28 by Boundy

Looks like but to be fair to Blackburn ,losing at home they were bound to have their chances , good result away again though ,personally I thought bringing on Fulton that early was a mistake

Often I criticise Duff for his substitutions but I thought he got it spot on today. All about opinions.
Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED on 17:03 - Oct 28 with 1439 viewsmax936

Nail biting edge of seat win, Ospreys earlier was the same, no wonder I drink on a Saturday, although not had one yet

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED on 17:05 - Oct 28 with 1421 viewsjack247

Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED on 16:51 - Oct 28 by max936

Russell Martin is back, FME's

Hanging on here, through putting pressure on ourselves and a manager who is afraid to take the risk of going and try to score again.
[Post edited 28 Oct 2023 17:02]

I thought that. We sat back for a 1-0 too early IMO. They probably should have equalised with that header straight at Rushworth.

Low quality game, but whatever. Win on the road is a win on the road.
Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED on 17:22 - Oct 28 with 1260 viewsFireboy2

Great win, could have won by more, blackburn could have scored but they didn't, rode our luck a bit but how many times have we been unlucky?

Thought our back 4 were immense being under pressure for long periods, Yates did very well chasing and harrying, contrary to what's being said about his runs, they were very intelligent, it's just the player on the ball didn't see his runs.

Paterson and Patino worked really well together and a special mention to jamal, he was everywhere, his first touch was good and he caused problems all day.

So glad not to see fulton and grimes start 😉
Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED on 17:24 - Oct 28 with 1238 viewsFireboy2

Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED on 17:03 - Oct 28 by Whiterockin

Often I criticise Duff for his substitutions but I thought he got it spot on today. All about opinions.

Should have made them earlier, we were absolutely fvcked after 60/65 mins.
Login to get fewer ads

Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED on 17:26 - Oct 28 with 1227 viewsdantheswansman

Good result against a team who have won their last three and were at home, should have scored again to kill the game off though but overall i can't grumble or rather i won't haha
Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED on 17:41 - Oct 28 with 1150 viewsAguycalledJack

A much needed win with hell of a run of games coming up.
Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED on 17:43 - Oct 28 with 1146 viewsjack247

Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED on 17:41 - Oct 28 by AguycalledJack

Yeah. November looks spicy
Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED on 17:45 - Oct 28 with 1132 viewsKeithHaynes

Missed chances, offsides and at last the Swans win at Blackburn Rovers 28th Oct 2023 17:40
Swansea City made hard work of it, but three points are three points despite the second half pressure from the home side. 0

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED on 17:48 - Oct 28 with 1104 viewsonehunglow

Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED on 17:41 - Oct 28 by AguycalledJack

Absolutely and some relief
Should have been more as Blackburn were worse than thought .
Back four looked sound enough and Ashby improved .
All in all, something to make us happy and unite .

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED on 17:48 - Oct 28 with 1102 viewsEagleEye

Hard fought & gritty win making up for the disappointment after the Watford match. Our first win up there since 1971 apparently. Good to see us being hard to beat on the road since the Cardiff debacle. Great finish by Cullen, both defences poor, not sure how there was only one goal scored but we’ll take that. Next 4 games are tough even by Championship standards Sunderland, Ipswich, Hull, Leeds
Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED on 17:50 - Oct 28 with 1089 viewsKeithHaynes

Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED on 17:48 - Oct 28 by EagleEye

Hard fought & gritty win making up for the disappointment after the Watford match. Our first win up there since 1971 apparently. Good to see us being hard to beat on the road since the Cardiff debacle. Great finish by Cullen, both defences poor, not sure how there was only one goal scored but we’ll take that. Next 4 games are tough even by Championship standards Sunderland, Ipswich, Hull, Leeds

1971- You read it here first 👍

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED on 17:52 - Oct 28 with 1080 viewsjack247

Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED on 17:48 - Oct 28 by onehunglow

Absolutely and some relief
Should have been more as Blackburn were worse than thought .
Back four looked sound enough and Ashby improved .
All in all, something to make us happy and unite .

I’m surprised at the quality this season. If anything it’s worse than last.

Agree on Ashby. He’s still going to do well to keep Key in the bench, but he was one of our best today
Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED on 17:56 - Oct 28 with 1051 viewsonehunglow

Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED on 17:52 - Oct 28 by jack247

I’m surprised at the quality this season. If anything it’s worse than last.

Agree on Ashby. He’s still going to do well to keep Key in the bench, but he was one of our best today

I can’t see how a goalkeeper can continue to simply boot the ball out of play and effectively give the ball to opponents
However, he makes amends and his presence is comforting to his defenders.
Would have liked to see Walsh. One on instead of Fulton who s a walking card . He’s lost it really .
With Cabango back,we are ok for defenders . It’s just our lacking in other areas but not a day to be churlish . Well done lads .

Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED on 18:06 - Oct 28 with 1017 viewsjack247

Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED on 17:56 - Oct 28 by onehunglow

I can’t see how a goalkeeper can continue to simply boot the ball out of play and effectively give the ball to opponents
However, he makes amends and his presence is comforting to his defenders.
Would have liked to see Walsh. One on instead of Fulton who s a walking card . He’s lost it really .
With Cabango back,we are ok for defenders . It’s just our lacking in other areas but not a day to be churlish . Well done lads .

I think we can forgive Rushworth those little mistakes every now and then on the balance of his season so far. He had two Woodmanesque goal kicks and a Fisher moment overplaying it late on, which he did manage to half recover from.

I can completely understand going negative when we’re 1-0 up away. The Fulton substitution was supposed to shore us up, but it just took away an outlet and put us under more pressure.

As you say though. We won, that’s what matters
Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED on 18:09 - Oct 28 with 999 viewsonehunglow

Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED on 18:06 - Oct 28 by jack247

I think we can forgive Rushworth those little mistakes every now and then on the balance of his season so far. He had two Woodmanesque goal kicks and a Fisher moment overplaying it late on, which he did manage to half recover from.

I can completely understand going negative when we’re 1-0 up away. The Fulton substitution was supposed to shore us up, but it just took away an outlet and put us under more pressure.

As you say though. We won, that’s what matters

Yeah.
Overall,he has been superb .
More than anything,he looks like a goalkeeper and acts like one by taking charge.

Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED on 18:59 - Oct 28 with 879 viewsWitneyjack

Did anyone notice Duff telling Tomasson to F off at the end after they shook hands? I don't know what happened, I assume he was moaning about something.
Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED on 19:00 - Oct 28 with 876 viewsonehunglow

Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED on 18:59 - Oct 28 by Witneyjack

Did anyone notice Duff telling Tomasson to F off at the end after they shook hands? I don't know what happened, I assume he was moaning about something.

You enjoying retirement ?

Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED on 19:32 - Oct 28 with 803 viewsWitneyjack

Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED on 19:00 - Oct 28 by onehunglow

You enjoying retirement ?

Enjoyed it for 4 years, working for the NHS Now
Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED on 19:38 - Oct 28 with 769 viewsFireboy2

Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED on 17:48 - Oct 28 by EagleEye

Our defence was not poor I can assure you as if it was we would have lost that game.
Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED on 19:39 - Oct 28 with 767 viewsvetchonian

Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED on 19:32 - Oct 28 by Witneyjack

Enjoyed it for 4 years, working for the NHS Now

and missing games as a result

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED on 19:41 - Oct 28 with 762 viewsFireboy2

Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED on 18:59 - Oct 28 by Witneyjack

Apparently JDT never stopped moaning all second half.

And btw fvck him, well done duff, I would have chinned him.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024