Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Chris Davies 23:42 - Dec 6 with 14499 viewsjackrmee

Being reported in many places that he’s a big favourite for the job.
I can’t understand why, if he turned it down whilst out of work, would he now take it when he has a very good job, and the Swans job must be less attractive now, as we are sh!t.

Doesn’t make any sense to me.
I would love him at the club.
By far my number 1 choice. Potter second.
But if he comes now, it’s surely for extra bread, right? What other reason could there be?

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Chris Davies on 00:00 - Dec 7 with 6356 viewsThrasher6

I like the thought of him.....but like you say....a lot of things don't really add up.

Poll: Social Distancing: When will it be an obsolete word?

Chris Davies on 00:02 - Dec 7 with 6351 viewsReslovenSwan1

There has been a big injection of cash via investment added to the sale of Obafemi, Piroe Whittaker and Ntcham bringing in £18m rising to £24m.

The owners have penny pinched with loans and £2m for Yates and another £3-4m for defenders.

Davies will want to know his transfer budget to give him the best chance of being successful in his first managerial job which could be his last.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Chris Davies on 02:29 - Dec 7 with 6272 viewsKeithHaynes

Chris Davies on 00:02 - Dec 7 by ReslovenSwan1

There has been a big injection of cash via investment added to the sale of Obafemi, Piroe Whittaker and Ntcham bringing in £18m rising to £24m.

The owners have penny pinched with loans and £2m for Yates and another £3-4m for defenders.

Davies will want to know his transfer budget to give him the best chance of being successful in his first managerial job which could be his last.

Would you give up a Spurs on the rise for a struggling Swansea City ? Notwithstanding his premier league salary would dwarf what the Swans pay.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Chris Davies on 06:04 - Dec 7 with 6226 viewsWhiterockin

Chris Davies on 02:29 - Dec 7 by KeithHaynes

Would you give up a Spurs on the rise for a struggling Swansea City ? Notwithstanding his premier league salary would dwarf what the Swans pay.

No particularly when he is so highly thought of at Spurs.

https://www.spurs-web.com/spurs-news/alasdair-gold-claims-the-spurs-squad-have-b
Chris Davies on 11:03 - Dec 7 with 5973 viewsmajorraglan

Chris Davies on 02:29 - Dec 7 by KeithHaynes

Indeed. If he was going to give up his job at Spurs I’d imagine it would be for a stable club where the managerial life expectancy is more than about 18 months, where the club had a decent wedge of cash available to bring in new players so he could implement his ideas.
I can’t see someone like Davies leaving a big club who are doing relatively well to jump in to the fire at Swansea City.
The people on here are fans so will have a biased view, but looking at things objectively and being honest is the managers job at Swansea City currently an attractive proposition?

Edit -typo
[Post edited 7 Dec 2023 11:53]
Chris Davies on 11:05 - Dec 7 with 5961 viewsonehunglow

Chris Davies on 11:03 - Dec 7 by majorraglan

Indeed. If he was going to give up his job at Spurs I’d imagine it would be for a stable club where the managerial life expectancy is more than about 18 months, where the club had a decent wedge of cash available to bring in new players so he could implement his ideas.
I can’t see someone like Davies leaving a big club who are doing relatively well to jump in to the fire at Swansea City.
The people on here are fans so will have a biased view, but looking at things objectively and being honest is the managers job at Swansea City currently an attractive proposition?

Edit -typo

It should be

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Chris Davies on 11:08 - Dec 7 with 5957 viewsQJumpingJack

Coleman and Gude vs Levy.....

Good luck Andy and Ken.
Chris Davies on 11:11 - Dec 7 with 5948 viewsKeithHaynes

Spurs have rejected the approach.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Login to get fewer ads

Chris Davies on 11:13 - Dec 7 with 5936 viewsunion_jack

Chris Davies on 11:05 - Dec 7 by onehunglow

It should be

It was. But now the Major is spot on.

It’s a non starter for me, Davies I mean.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Chris Davies on 18:12 - Dec 7 with 5640 viewsReslovenSwan1

Chris Davies on 11:13 - Dec 7 by union_jack

It was. But now the Major is spot on.

It’s a non starter for me, Davies I mean.

Was the Swansea job good for ....?

Martinez - yes straight into the Premier league Wigan

Rodgers - yes a straight into the Champions league regulars Liverpool

Laudrup - yes Arabian paydays with reputation enhanced

Monk - yes Leeds Middlesbrough Birmingham

Guidolin Clement Carlos - improved their stock

Potter - Yes Premier league Brighton then millions at Chelsea

Cooper - Yes to sleeping giant Forest and Premier League with Alan Tate

Martin - Yes to South Coast giant Southampton Premier league prior to relegation.

The Major should reconsider. Do well at Swansea and a £2-5m salary awaits
[Post edited 7 Dec 2023 18:13]

Chris Davies on 18:16 - Dec 7 with 5622 viewsReslovenSwan1

Chris Davies on 11:08 - Dec 7 by QJumpingJack

Coleman and Gude vs Levy.....

Good luck Andy and Ken.

Levy has made some horrendous mistakes and misjudgements. His PR firm must be good. Brilliant work with the stadium but is transfer record is very patchy as his is selection of managers.

Chris Davies on 21:10 - Dec 7 with 5468 viewsmajorraglan

Chris Davies on 18:12 - Dec 7 by ReslovenSwan1

Was the Swansea job good for ....?

Martinez - yes straight into the Premier league Wigan

Rodgers - yes a straight into the Champions league regulars Liverpool

Laudrup - yes Arabian paydays with reputation enhanced

Monk - yes Leeds Middlesbrough Birmingham

Guidolin Clement Carlos - improved their stock

Potter - Yes Premier league Brighton then millions at Chelsea

Cooper - Yes to sleeping giant Forest and Premier League with Alan Tate

Martin - Yes to South Coast giant Southampton Premier league prior to relegation.

The Major should reconsider. Do well at Swansea and a £2-5m salary awaits
[Post edited 7 Dec 2023 18:13]

I’m referring to now, not the recent the past. The club is now a completely different animal and in my opinion on a downward trajectory.

A number of the managers did very well whilst some did not. I don’t agree with the comments you’ve made regarding all the coaches, but it’s a matter of personal opinion and we’ll just beg to differ.
I wish I was wrong, but I believe there are dark clouds ahead.
Chris Davies on 23:07 - Dec 7 with 5311 viewsjackrmee

Chris Davies on 11:11 - Dec 7 by KeithHaynes

All I can say is, idiots.
For not making Davies a better offer first time round. Damn shame

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Chris Davies on 23:14 - Dec 7 with 5306 viewsKeithHaynes

Chris Davies on 11:03 - Dec 7 by majorraglan

Edit -typo

Of course you are spot on, Potter one season, Cooper two and forced out, Martin two and exactly the same tactic. They seem so clueless as to even recognising when a team is ready for progression, under Cooper was the biggest opportunity we had, despite the football. Martin had shown immense strides final eleven games of the season, irrespective of people’s opinions on him. That’s two opportunities for me wasted to bring in Duff and sack him and his mate Paterson and pay off two and a half years salary, albeit I’m told now it’s over two years in instalments. Coleman won’t be here in two years time. That’s another legacy he will leave.

Chris Davies on 23:22 - Dec 7 with 5288 viewsLuther27

Chris Davies on 23:14 - Dec 7 by KeithHaynes

Of course you are spot on, Potter one season, Cooper two and forced out, Martin two and exactly the same tactic. They seem so clueless as to even recognising when a team is ready for progression, under Cooper was the biggest opportunity we had, despite the football. Martin had shown immense strides final eleven games of the season, irrespective of people’s opinions on him. That’s two opportunities for me wasted to bring in Duff and sack him and his mate Paterson and pay off two and a half years salary, albeit I’m told now it’s over two years in instalments. Coleman won’t be here in two years time. That’s another legacy he will leave.

When you keep selling the clubs silverware then we don’t have much of a chance no matter who the manager is. That’s why after Potter I never renewed my long held season ticket. It was always a case of supporting the PROJECT the following season.
Chris Davies on 00:43 - Dec 8 with 5216 viewsThrasher6

Surely Davies should be looking at this pragmatically. He has been an assistant all his career ...and a successful one. If he came here and it didn't work out...he can always default back to being a very good assistant...it wouldn't be the end of the world...
[Post edited 8 Dec 2023 0:44]

Poll: Social Distancing: When will it be an obsolete word?

Chris Davies on 06:55 - Dec 8 with 5113 viewsjackrmee

Chris Davies on 00:43 - Dec 8 by Thrasher6

Surely Davies should be looking at this pragmatically. He has been an assistant all his career ...and a successful one. If he came here and it didn't work out...he can always default back to being a very good assistant...it wouldn't be the end of the world...
[Post edited 8 Dec 2023 0:44]

Probably…but even if he did, the approach has been rejected by his club

Chris Davies on 07:35 - Dec 8 with 5080 viewsBryanSwan

Chris Davies on 11:11 - Dec 7 by KeithHaynes

I know some will be disappointed, but im not so sure we are missing out. Lets not forget he is completely unproven in a managerial capacity and would be a massive risk.

Poll: When will Russell Martin no longer be Swansea manager?

Chris Davies on 07:40 - Dec 8 with 5078 viewsWhiterockin

Chris Davies on 07:35 - Dec 8 by BryanSwan

I know some will be disappointed, but im not so sure we are missing out. Lets not forget he is completely unproven in a managerial capacity and would be a massive risk.

I think we need to remember we employ a coach not a manager Chris Davies is an excellent coach. Albeit lacking experience of making the live match decisions, but not as much a gamble as some may think.
Chris Davies on 08:29 - Dec 8 with 5036 viewsQJumpingJack

Chris Davies on 18:16 - Dec 7 by ReslovenSwan1

Levy has made some horrendous mistakes and misjudgements. His PR firm must be good. Brilliant work with the stadium but is transfer record is very patchy as his is selection of managers.

Levy has 20+ years of football experience.
Gude and Coleman between them have 8 months and this is where the problem lies.

I would not be surprised if we do not make a permanent appointment until the New Year. And I hope I wrong - but whoever is appointed may not see the season out. Think QPR last season.....
Chris Davies on 13:03 - Dec 8 with 4831 viewsbennytheblue

Who’s the likely candidate then Folks? Agent Jones? From within maybe to stop the rot? Looking a bit dicey down there with QPR picking up a bit lately too? You don’t normally get two in a row wrong from recent history but it’s looking like a big call at this moment no? Surely almost anyone who is “ Swansea” will get a slight tune to get you up to around the playoffs zone, probably all relieved that Duff has gone….. the players I mean….
[Post edited 8 Dec 2023 13:05]
Chris Davies on 13:31 - Dec 8 with 4779 viewsDoubeDoube

Chris Davies on 13:03 - Dec 8 by bennytheblue

Who’s the likely candidate then Folks? Agent Jones? From within maybe to stop the rot? Looking a bit dicey down there with QPR picking up a bit lately too? You don’t normally get two in a row wrong from recent history but it’s looking like a big call at this moment no? Surely almost anyone who is “ Swansea” will get a slight tune to get you up to around the playoffs zone, probably all relieved that Duff has gone….. the players I mean….
[Post edited 8 Dec 2023 13:05]

We are only 6 points off 9th... depends how you view it. Long way to go yet
Chris Davies on 13:36 - Dec 8 with 4766 viewsbennytheblue

Chris Davies on 13:31 - Dec 8 by DoubeDoube

We are only 6 points off 9th... depends how you view it. Long way to go yet

Yeah 3/4 wins and all of a sudden your looking at the playoffs, I’m not used to looking upwards at table, just down….lol….moreover that you are not picking up points you should so the trajectory has been downward….I’ve no doubt we will both end up around the same area 8-14th….
Chris Davies on 14:55 - Dec 8 with 4634 viewsdobjack2

Chris Davies on 23:14 - Dec 7 by KeithHaynes

I agree with your post, but any reason for the comment that Coleman won't be here in two years time? Have I missed something?
Chris Davies on 15:34 - Dec 8 with 4560 viewssw02sea

Postecoglou hints that his assistant Chris Davies could join Swansea
https://mol.im/a/12841805
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024