Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New name is very concerning : 38% win rate or is this an opportunity ? 13:20 - Dec 14 with 1648 viewsSwansIndependent

New name is very concerning : 38% win rate or is this an opportunity ? 14th Dec 2023 13:16
Shawn Maloney current Wigan Athletic manager has entered the running for the new Swans head coach role. He is currently in second spot beneath Chris Davies with the bookies. His playing career was decent but it’s his managerial competency we have to look at. 0

New name, Maloney or baloney ? Click above.

This post has been edited by an administrator
New name is very concerning : 38% win rate or is this an opportunity ? on 14:09 - Dec 14 with 1555 viewsjackrmee

No thanks.
Terrible win rate there. Apart from the style of play, what is the reasoning here?
He’s not doing well in a division lower, with a decent club. What signs show he will be able to do better in a higher division? Doesn’t make any sense to me

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

New name is very concerning : 38% win rate or is this an opportunity ? on 14:18 - Dec 14 with 1525 viewsonehunglow

New name is very concerning : 38% win rate or is this an opportunity ? on 14:09 - Dec 14 by jackrmee

No thanks.
Terrible win rate there. Apart from the style of play, what is the reasoning here?
He’s not doing well in a division lower, with a decent club. What signs show he will be able to do better in a higher division? Doesn’t make any sense to me

Couldn’t agree more
It’s truly depressing to see such a mediocre manager in the frame
Ambition

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

New name is very concerning : 38% win rate or is this an opportunity ? on 14:18 - Dec 14 with 1530 viewsOptimisticJack

New name is very concerning : 38% win rate or is this an opportunity ? on 14:09 - Dec 14 by jackrmee

No thanks.

What is more concerning for me is that Maloney has operated with absolutely zilch of a budget at Wigan due to their massive financial problems.
Are we seeking a manager content to work within such massive budgetal restraints?

If this is what we are looking for in a manager then I fear very worrying times could be ahead.
[Post edited 14 Dec 2023 14:25]

Optimisticjack

New name is very concerning : 38% win rate or is this an opportunity ? on 15:36 - Dec 14 with 1388 viewsWhiterockin

New name is very concerning : 38% win rate or is this an opportunity ? on 14:18 - Dec 14 by OptimisticJack

What is more concerning for me is that Maloney has operated with absolutely zilch of a budget at Wigan due to their massive financial problems.
Are we seeking a manager content to work within such massive budgetal restraints?

If this is what we are looking for in a manager then I fear very worrying times could be ahead.

When will the idiots learn, it's cheaper to pay to get someone decent in than to pay up a contract to get rid. If we are not careful it will happen again.
New name is very concerning : 38% win rate or is this an opportunity ? on 15:39 - Dec 14 with 1369 viewsonehunglow

New name is very concerning : 38% win rate or is this an opportunity ? on 15:36 - Dec 14 by Whiterockin

When will the idiots learn, it's cheaper to pay to get someone decent in than to pay up a contract to get rid. If we are not careful it will happen again.

Yep,it’s amazing innit.
These are supposed to be “investors”
My God,they are pitiful.
We have so much potential but we have and they are frittering it away.Rather than it being sinister,I’m actually more concerned now it is sheer incompetence and don’t know what is worse.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

New name is very concerning : 38% win rate or is this an opportunity ? on 15:39 - Dec 14 with 1372 viewsBoundy

New name is very concerning : 38% win rate or is this an opportunity ? on 14:18 - Dec 14 by OptimisticJack

I can't agree more with the comments above , there now seems to be trend of looking in Hyper Value for players and managers rather than Poundstrectcher's. The yanks seem to be gaining a negative reputation with 4 rejecting managerial roles before we ended with Duff (by name by nature) and now this announcement , should he be appointed then I don't expect a long tenure because this is the way we role .

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

New name is very concerning : 38% win rate or is this an opportunity ? on 16:08 - Dec 14 with 1307 viewsjohnlangy

New name is very concerning : 38% win rate or is this an opportunity ? on 15:39 - Dec 14 by onehunglow

Yep,it’s amazing innit.
These are supposed to be “investors”
My God,they are pitiful.
We have so much potential but we have and they are frittering it away.Rather than it being sinister,I’m actually more concerned now it is sheer incompetence and don’t know what is worse.

They just don't know what they're doing. IMO of course. After all this time they still even now don't understand running a football club is different from running a normal business.
New name is very concerning : 38% win rate or is this an opportunity ? on 16:43 - Dec 14 with 1226 viewsjasper_T

Someone stuck a tenner on him for a laugh?
Login to get fewer ads

New name is very concerning : 38% win rate or is this an opportunity ? on 17:23 - Dec 14 with 1167 viewsKeithHaynes

New name is very concerning : 38% win rate or is this an opportunity ? on 16:43 - Dec 14 by jasper_T

Someone stuck a tenner on him for a laugh?

Got to hope so

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

New name is very concerning : 38% win rate or is this an opportunity ? on 17:49 - Dec 14 with 1108 views3swan

New name is very concerning : 38% win rate or is this an opportunity ? on 17:23 - Dec 14 by KeithHaynes

Got to hope so

Wigan Today stating he says he knows nothing about it.

True or not? Who knows?
New name is very concerning : 38% win rate or is this an opportunity ? on 18:06 - Dec 14 with 1080 viewsKeithHaynes

I agree clubs don’t just tap managers up anymore 👍

I’m hopeful it’s nonsense as well.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

New name is very concerning : 38% win rate or is this an opportunity ? on 18:15 - Dec 14 with 1055 viewsunion_jack

New name is very concerning : 38% win rate or is this an opportunity ? on 17:49 - Dec 14 by 3swan

Wigan Today stating he says he knows nothing about it.

True or not? Who knows?

🤞

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

New name is very concerning : 38% win rate or is this an opportunity ? on 08:51 - Dec 16 with 726 viewsJumpingJackFlash

You never know with managers. I’m not enthused in the slightest but then I (along with many others) wasn’t with Brendan Rodgers when he was appointed with his 26% win rate in his previous job. How wrong I was.
New name is very concerning : 38% win rate or is this an opportunity ? on 09:04 - Dec 16 with 699 viewsRichardO

New name is very concerning : 38% win rate or is this an opportunity ? on 08:51 - Dec 16 by JumpingJackFlash

You never know with managers. I’m not enthused in the slightest but then I (along with many others) wasn’t with Brendan Rodgers when he was appointed with his 26% win rate in his previous job. How wrong I was.

Was about to comment on Rodgers he had experience as a an assistant coach with higher teams and had to learn his failing somewhere first or did we already have a good team here that needed a little tweaking and good players he had contacts with, what is Maloney's background?
New name is very concerning : 38% win rate or is this an opportunity ? on 20:09 - Dec 16 with 561 viewsSullutaCreturned

New name is very concerning : 38% win rate or is this an opportunity ? on 08:51 - Dec 16 by JumpingJackFlash

I'll add to that that 38% would be a slight improvement this season.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024