Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea City’s puppet masters in conflict with themselves 11:00 - Dec 17 with 5766 viewsSwansIndependent

Swansea City’s puppet masters in conflict with themselves 17th Dec 2023 11:00
We welcome yet another fine talent who has aspirations to be recognised for his cooly placed prose within Swansea Independent. Harrison Evans is a real talent, and becomes one of our contributors alongside Liam Walters, Trystan Bending and Andrew Winfield. All are a part of the new Indy era, and we welcome you all on the journey. 5

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.
Swansea City’s puppet masters in conflict with themselves on 21:07 - Dec 18 with 1370 viewsmajorraglan

Swansea City’s puppet masters in conflict with themselves on 19:09 - Dec 18 by ReslovenSwan1

Yes and appropriate icon. I am the only person making these arguments. Why no one else does is a mystery.

£21m and the Trust wanted to buy more shares not sell any. It was a catastrophic blunder by certain individuals who were not questioned by a dozy membership who's work ended after they had paid their £10 subscription.

Democracy does not work if the stakeholders are asleep.

Buying more shares to exceed the 25% was a sound concept, but it didn’t happen for various reasons and neither did the litigation which has left the Trust where it is now.
Swansea City’s puppet masters in conflict with themselves on 21:15 - Dec 18 with 1344 viewsWhiterockin

Swansea City’s puppet masters in conflict with themselves on 19:17 - Dec 18 by SullutaCreturned

No one else does because no one else is interested in going over the same outdated story time after time after time after time, ad nauseam.

You, however, are a stuck record.

You can see that he has been defending and backing the owners for months, now the shite has hit the fan and they are undefendable, he has moved back onto banging on about the trust. A pointless exercise because nobody agrees with him or gives a dam.
Swansea City’s puppet masters in conflict with themselves on 10:17 - Dec 19 with 1190 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City’s puppet masters in conflict with themselves on 21:15 - Dec 18 by Whiterockin

You can see that he has been defending and backing the owners for months, now the shite has hit the fan and they are undefendable, he has moved back onto banging on about the trust. A pointless exercise because nobody agrees with him or gives a dam.

Sometimes,it’s best to admit you’re wrong,if only to oneself .

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Swansea City’s puppet masters in conflict with themselves on 23:48 - Dec 19 with 1083 viewsReslovenSwan1

Swansea has owners with potentially very deep pockets. They also have very good links with potential investors and have already brought in Morris and Silverstein. Both from the USA.

I believe they have gone close to returning to the Premier league but the club has made a few wrong turns in the Championship era. Too many loans and short term thinking. (This includes a failure to sign Goykeres who needed development time).

Fletcher will no doubt turn out the next non signing blunder. Managers like Cooper and Duff can only see ahead for few months.

There is nobody else. Cardiff have Tan, Wrexham have Reynolds and Newport have Jenkins. Swansea have Coleman. I back him to get it right. He is here and desperately wants to succeed. Why not wish him good luck? .

Wise sage since Toshack era

Swansea City’s puppet masters in conflict with themselves on 11:05 - Dec 20 with 956 viewsBillyChong

Swansea City’s puppet masters in conflict with themselves on 23:48 - Dec 19 by ReslovenSwan1

Swansea has owners with potentially very deep pockets. They also have very good links with potential investors and have already brought in Morris and Silverstein. Both from the USA.

I believe they have gone close to returning to the Premier league but the club has made a few wrong turns in the Championship era. Too many loans and short term thinking. (This includes a failure to sign Goykeres who needed development time).

Fletcher will no doubt turn out the next non signing blunder. Managers like Cooper and Duff can only see ahead for few months.

There is nobody else. Cardiff have Tan, Wrexham have Reynolds and Newport have Jenkins. Swansea have Coleman. I back him to get it right. He is here and desperately wants to succeed. Why not wish him good luck? .

You must be the only person to believe your first sentence. Deep pockets? Why the need for kangaroo loans? Why the 100% reliance on the sell to buy model? Why the need to annually find someone to cover themselves via convertible loans etc? I doubt they have gone further than a fingernail into their own pockets during their time as owners.
Swansea City’s puppet masters in conflict with themselves on 11:46 - Dec 20 with 902 viewsARQS

Swansea City’s puppet masters in conflict with themselves on 23:48 - Dec 19 by ReslovenSwan1

I don't disagree with a lot of this.

I definitely think it's incompetence with a mixture of uninterest that has caused our issues.

With the money we've spent over the last few years, I think some better decisions at board level would have put us in a far better position.
Swansea City’s puppet masters in conflict with themselves on 13:23 - Dec 20 with 857 viewsQJumpingJack

Who appointed Watson?

Maybe Coleman and Gude are here to take the "heat" off Levien and Kaplan - they take the criticism - not the majority owners.

And who is picking the manager/coach?
When Russell Martin was announced, Julian Winter said in the press conference that it was his job to draw up the short list for the ownership group. Will it be Coleman or Watson doing that as we appoint our new manager?
Swansea City’s puppet masters in conflict with themselves on 13:25 - Dec 20 with 853 viewsjack247

Swansea City’s puppet masters in conflict with themselves on 11:46 - Dec 20 by ARQS

I don't disagree with a lot of this.

I definitely think it's incompetence with a mixture of uninterest that has caused our issues.

With the money we've spent over the last few years, I think some better decisions at board level would have put us in a far better position.

I think I’d actually rather us be owned and run by shady characters who were embezzling money out of the club than the kind of incompetents that put Bob Bradley in charge of a Premier League club and only lined up one replacement for Duff, completely oblivious the fact we wouldn’t be able to meet his/Tottenhams demands.
Login to get fewer ads

Swansea City’s puppet masters in conflict with themselves on 10:54 - Dec 21 with 694 viewsshaggyrogers

Swansea City’s puppet masters in conflict with themselves on 21:07 - Dec 18 by majorraglan

Buying more shares to exceed the 25% was a sound concept, but it didn’t happen for various reasons and neither did the litigation which has left the Trust where it is now.

It may have been a sound concept but was pie in the sky. The trust would have needed £4 mill to buy the shares. I either read or heard at the time that they wanted the other shareholders to gift them the shares.
Swansea City’s puppet masters in conflict with themselves on 12:49 - Dec 21 with 645 viewsBillyChong

Swansea City’s puppet masters in conflict with themselves on 10:54 - Dec 21 by shaggyrogers

It may have been a sound concept but was pie in the sky. The trust would have needed £4 mill to buy the shares. I either read or heard at the time that they wanted the other shareholders to gift them the shares.

The yanks were told by the sellouts to keep the trust out of any discussions so was never going to happen either way.
Swansea City’s puppet masters in conflict with themselves on 14:43 - Dec 21 with 578 viewsQJumpingJack

There is a youtube video where Kaplan and Levien are at a Trust forum and Jason clearly says that they were told not to engage with the trust.
Swansea City’s puppet masters in conflict with themselves on 15:00 - Dec 21 with 553 viewsBoundy

Swansea City’s puppet masters in conflict with themselves on 14:43 - Dec 21 by QJumpingJack

There is a youtube video where Kaplan and Levien are at a Trust forum and Jason clearly says that they were told not to engage with the trust.

Yep it's there for all to see.Maybe the yanks were duped by the sellouts but the Club was also by the two sets which continues today.

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Swansea City’s puppet masters in conflict with themselves on 15:01 - Dec 21 with 548 viewsJumpingJackFlash

Swansea City’s puppet masters in conflict with themselves on 10:54 - Dec 21 by shaggyrogers

Mel Nurse wanted to give his shares to the Trust but was prevented from doing so by the shareholders agreement that said any such shares should be distributed pro rata amongst all shareholders.

The shareholders agreement that the sellouts denied ever existed when it suited them later.
Swansea City’s puppet masters in conflict with themselves on 15:02 - Dec 21 with 548 viewsQJumpingJack

Swansea City’s puppet masters in conflict with themselves on 15:00 - Dec 21 by Boundy

Yep it's there for all to see.Maybe the yanks were duped by the sellouts but the Club was also by the two sets which continues today.

Here is the recording:

Did the Americans know it was being recorded?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024