Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
To solve the πŸ‘ lover question is the chant ok πŸ˜‰β‰οΈ 13:58 - Jan 22 with 8008 viewsRhonddaSwans

To solve the πŸ‘ lover question is the chant ok πŸ˜‰β‰οΈ


Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls


Poll: If Cardiff come back up would you want the bubble scrapped ?

0
To solve the πŸ‘ lover question is the chant ok πŸ˜‰β‰οΈ on 14:58 - Jan 23 with 1086 viewsSTID2017

To solve the πŸ‘ lover question is the chant ok πŸ˜‰β‰οΈ on 13:31 - Jan 23 by RhonddaSwans

we are not an ethnic group,

Where would you see Welsh under
Caucasian, black , Chinese?

Honestly if the sheepshagger chant went and was illegal.

We could never say englands full of s:+t.

Give it 5 years and moaners would make sure there is no joy or singing at football.
It is a slippery surface to be treading.

Honestly I can picture in 5 years club approved chants being a thing.

While the couple of hundred go to the football for the peace and quite.

The sheep shagger chant is tradition if an English man ever says it to me there is always the shag em you eat them.

Unless you actually fornicate with a sheep πŸ‘
I don't see the problem as these days you could probably even get married in a church.


Not strictly true.
Any forms that ask us to identify ourselves re our Ethnicity usually give the option to quantify your answer
For example you could be Welsh and black, Welsh and Irish, etc
Not all Welsh are Welsh White

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

1
To solve the πŸ‘ lover question is the chant ok πŸ˜‰β‰οΈ on 17:42 - Jan 23 with 1022 viewsReslovenSwan1

To solve the πŸ‘ lover question is the chant ok πŸ˜‰β‰οΈ on 23:13 - Jan 22 by STID2017

Contrary to your belief, I express my own viewpoint and am quite happy to post my views in opposition to any poster on here.
I am not going for the poster as you put it, it is just that your abhorrent views totally disgust me and i cannot sit by and let them go unchallenged.
I spoke to a learned man about you at the game the other day and he told me that he doesn't engage with you as you are just an oppositional person who will argue just for the sake of it.
Your views on Kasey Palmer and Tata mark you out as a very right wing, selfish man who has no empathy for his fellow man.
Personally if 99% of people voted in agreement with you, my views of you and your viewpoints would not alter.


My views are not abhorrent. I have sympathy for Casey and the workers of NPT.

I have explained that people "wearing a ribbon for Casey" so to speak are hypocritical in their outlook as the are at least indifferent to racist slurs heard at the Swansea.com stadium which 56% consider to be acceptable. It seems that close to half of the snapshot agree that the chants are out of order and should cease. I have pointed out that they are probably illegal.

I have pointed out the he workers of NPT caused some of their own problems by voting for Brexit and removal of EU trade barriers which protected their jobs. The ERG wanted free competition and it was pretty obvious to me Welsh workers on good money could not compete on level term with Chinese and Indian workers on low money and low welfare. I was called a "remoaner"promoting "operation fear"

"Operation fear" was "spin". Reality has come to NPT. Operation Fear was true after all. They have voted for free trade and now must accept competition. That means they will have to graft hard to compete. All the voters have been to school up to the age of 16.

You do not like me. Join the queue. Its a forum a broad church.

I am zero tolerant of racial slurs, pro Wales, pro liberal free market economy. Pro devolution and self determination.

Wise sage since Toshack era
Poll: Do Swansea city have enough centre backs?

0
To solve the πŸ‘ lover question is the chant ok πŸ˜‰β‰οΈ on 17:49 - Jan 23 with 1014 viewsmax936

To solve the πŸ‘ lover question is the chant ok πŸ˜‰β‰οΈ on 23:13 - Jan 22 by STID2017

Contrary to your belief, I express my own viewpoint and am quite happy to post my views in opposition to any poster on here.
I am not going for the poster as you put it, it is just that your abhorrent views totally disgust me and i cannot sit by and let them go unchallenged.
I spoke to a learned man about you at the game the other day and he told me that he doesn't engage with you as you are just an oppositional person who will argue just for the sake of it.
Your views on Kasey Palmer and Tata mark you out as a very right wing, selfish man who has no empathy for his fellow man.
Personally if 99% of people voted in agreement with you, my views of you and your viewpoints would not alter.


Great post and eloquently written. I concur with every word!
0
To solve the πŸ‘ lover question is the chant ok πŸ˜‰β‰οΈ on 17:54 - Jan 23 with 1004 viewsReslovenSwan1

Gerwyn at the front line. Sky sport brushed it under the carpet



No Welshman should have to take it across the border. It is not nice especially with a young family.

Sky edited out the bad stuff. I am not going to b praised pointing out the lack of support for this guy from his compatriots.
[Post edited 23 Jan 2024 17:56]

Wise sage since Toshack era
Poll: Do Swansea city have enough centre backs?

0
To solve the πŸ‘ lover question is the chant ok πŸ˜‰β‰οΈ on 18:02 - Jan 23 with 962 viewsWhiterockin

To solve the πŸ‘ lover question is the chant ok πŸ˜‰β‰οΈ on 17:54 - Jan 23 by ReslovenSwan1

Gerwyn at the front line. Sky sport brushed it under the carpet



No Welshman should have to take it across the border. It is not nice especially with a young family.

Sky edited out the bad stuff. I am not going to b praised pointing out the lack of support for this guy from his compatriots.
[Post edited 23 Jan 2024 17:56]


https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sp
0
To solve the πŸ‘ lover question is the chant ok πŸ˜‰β‰οΈ on 18:05 - Jan 23 with 943 viewsmax936

To solve the πŸ‘ lover question is the chant ok πŸ˜‰β‰οΈ on 17:54 - Jan 23 by ReslovenSwan1

Gerwyn at the front line. Sky sport brushed it under the carpet



No Welshman should have to take it across the border. It is not nice especially with a young family.

Sky edited out the bad stuff. I am not going to b praised pointing out the lack of support for this guy from his compatriots.
[Post edited 23 Jan 2024 17:56]


Did you see him imitating a disabled person in his vulgar attempt to goad the crowd at a tournament last year, what's your take on that?
0
To solve the πŸ‘ lover question is the chant ok πŸ˜‰β‰οΈ on 18:05 - Jan 23 with 943 viewsReslovenSwan1

To solve the πŸ‘ lover question is the chant ok πŸ˜‰β‰οΈ on 18:02 - Jan 23 by Whiterockin

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sp


What is he supposed to do? The fans included many of the Red Wall football fans.

Hear is what the Star says.

"The chant is a racial slur sung in a derogatory manner towards people from Wales, due to their large population of sheep."

Racial slurs are illegal in the UK.

Wise sage since Toshack era
Poll: Do Swansea city have enough centre backs?

0
To solve the πŸ‘ lover question is the chant ok πŸ˜‰β‰οΈ on 18:06 - Jan 23 with 943 viewsBoundy

To solve the πŸ‘ lover question is the chant ok πŸ˜‰β‰οΈ on 17:42 - Jan 23 by ReslovenSwan1

My views are not abhorrent. I have sympathy for Casey and the workers of NPT.

I have explained that people "wearing a ribbon for Casey" so to speak are hypocritical in their outlook as the are at least indifferent to racist slurs heard at the Swansea.com stadium which 56% consider to be acceptable. It seems that close to half of the snapshot agree that the chants are out of order and should cease. I have pointed out that they are probably illegal.

I have pointed out the he workers of NPT caused some of their own problems by voting for Brexit and removal of EU trade barriers which protected their jobs. The ERG wanted free competition and it was pretty obvious to me Welsh workers on good money could not compete on level term with Chinese and Indian workers on low money and low welfare. I was called a "remoaner"promoting "operation fear"

"Operation fear" was "spin". Reality has come to NPT. Operation Fear was true after all. They have voted for free trade and now must accept competition. That means they will have to graft hard to compete. All the voters have been to school up to the age of 16.

You do not like me. Join the queue. Its a forum a broad church.

I am zero tolerant of racial slurs, pro Wales, pro liberal free market economy. Pro devolution and self determination.


Trade barriers has nothing to do with this ridiculous race to zero carbon

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the peopleβ€”not the master."

0
Login to get fewer ads

To solve the πŸ‘ lover question is the chant ok πŸ˜‰β‰οΈ on 18:08 - Jan 23 with 937 viewsSullutaCreturned

To solve the πŸ‘ lover question is the chant ok πŸ˜‰β‰οΈ on 18:02 - Jan 23 by Whiterockin

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sp


And as that quite easily shoes, calling ourselves sheep botherers isn't being subserviemt, it's called "owning it" which is what black people do when they call themselves the "N" word.
1
To solve the πŸ‘ lover question is the chant ok πŸ˜‰β‰οΈ on 18:10 - Jan 23 with 929 viewsReslovenSwan1

To solve the πŸ‘ lover question is the chant ok πŸ˜‰β‰οΈ on 18:06 - Jan 23 by Boundy

Trade barriers has nothing to do with this ridiculous race to zero carbon


Zero carbon

"The UK is committed to reaching net zero by 2050. This means that the total greenhouse gas emissions would be equal to the emissions removed from the atmosphere, with the aim of limiting global warming and resultant climate change."

TWENTY SEVEN YEARS <MORE STEEL before that becomes a factor.

Wise sage since Toshack era
Poll: Do Swansea city have enough centre backs?

0
To solve the πŸ‘ lover question is the chant ok πŸ˜‰β‰οΈ on 18:13 - Jan 23 with 905 viewsWhiterockin

To solve the πŸ‘ lover question is the chant ok πŸ˜‰β‰οΈ on 18:08 - Jan 23 by SullutaCreturned

And as that quite easily shoes, calling ourselves sheep botherers isn't being subserviemt, it's called "owning it" which is what black people do when they call themselves the "N" word.


Exactly supporters of Price returning the chant and him laughing. Its ok when they do it but not football supporters. Oh well.
0
To solve the πŸ‘ lover question is the chant ok πŸ˜‰β‰οΈ on 18:16 - Jan 23 with 894 viewsswan_si

To solve the πŸ‘ lover question is the chant ok πŸ˜‰β‰οΈ on 18:08 - Jan 23 by SullutaCreturned

And as that quite easily shoes, calling ourselves sheep botherers isn't being subserviemt, it's called "owning it" which is what black people do when they call themselves the "N" word.


I would say that depends on the spelling and context.
0
To solve the πŸ‘ lover question is the chant ok πŸ˜‰β‰οΈ on 18:19 - Jan 23 with 881 viewsReslovenSwan1

To solve the πŸ‘ lover question is the chant ok πŸ˜‰β‰οΈ on 18:08 - Jan 23 by SullutaCreturned

And as that quite easily shoes, calling ourselves sheep botherers isn't being subserviemt, it's called "owning it" which is what black people do when they call themselves the "N" word.


No black man 'owns it' by making monkey gestures to himself. From what I can see they get extremely upset. The N word is a slur. Sheep Sh .. is a slur.

Only artists and rappers can get away with it. They have special privileges as creative people. Every Caucasian does not go there as redundancy could occur

Welsh people 'owning it" is opposed by 44% and only supported by 8%. About 1000 in the stadium. Probably all in the East stand northern area. Give them the boot I say.
[Post edited 23 Jan 2024 18:56]

Wise sage since Toshack era
Poll: Do Swansea city have enough centre backs?

0
To solve the πŸ‘ lover question is the chant ok πŸ˜‰β‰οΈ on 19:09 - Jan 23 with 825 viewsReslovenSwan1

To solve the πŸ‘ lover question is the chant ok πŸ˜‰β‰οΈ on 18:05 - Jan 23 by max936

Did you see him imitating a disabled person in his vulgar attempt to goad the crowd at a tournament last year, what's your take on that?


He was being viciously trolled by thousands of drunks and lost his cool. Bad things come out of bad things. Gerwyn is a tough nut and no angel.

He should get protection of the organisers against racial slurs. The world is full of coward and appeasers and those that do not give a damn.

Wise sage since Toshack era
Poll: Do Swansea city have enough centre backs?

0
To solve the πŸ‘ lover question is the chant ok πŸ˜‰β‰οΈ on 19:31 - Jan 23 with 803 viewsmax936

To solve the πŸ‘ lover question is the chant ok πŸ˜‰β‰οΈ on 19:09 - Jan 23 by ReslovenSwan1

He was being viciously trolled by thousands of drunks and lost his cool. Bad things come out of bad things. Gerwyn is a tough nut and no angel.

He should get protection of the organisers against racial slurs. The world is full of coward and appeasers and those that do not give a damn.


So its fine in your book to do what he did then,?


Know him do you? he's that tough that he had to resort to imitating a disabled person,
[Post edited 23 Jan 2024 19:34]
0
To solve the πŸ‘ lover question is the chant ok πŸ˜‰β‰οΈ on 19:38 - Jan 23 with 790 viewsjackrmee

To solve the πŸ‘ lover question is the chant ok πŸ˜‰β‰οΈ on 13:31 - Jan 23 by RhonddaSwans

we are not an ethnic group,

Where would you see Welsh under
Caucasian, black , Chinese?

Honestly if the sheepshagger chant went and was illegal.

We could never say englands full of s:+t.

Give it 5 years and moaners would make sure there is no joy or singing at football.
It is a slippery surface to be treading.

Honestly I can picture in 5 years club approved chants being a thing.

While the couple of hundred go to the football for the peace and quite.

The sheep shagger chant is tradition if an English man ever says it to me there is always the shag em you eat them.

Unless you actually fornicate with a sheep πŸ‘
I don't see the problem as these days you could probably even get married in a church.


That’s what it is! I can’t believe I didn’t see that, duh! Those who actually do shag sheep, would obviously be offended πŸ€¦β€β™‚οΈ

.
Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

0
To solve the πŸ‘ lover question is the chant ok πŸ˜‰β‰οΈ on 19:41 - Jan 23 with 780 viewsWhiterockin

To solve the πŸ‘ lover question is the chant ok πŸ˜‰β‰οΈ on 19:38 - Jan 23 by jackrmee

That’s what it is! I can’t believe I didn’t see that, duh! Those who actually do shag sheep, would obviously be offended πŸ€¦β€β™‚οΈ


And there possibly lies the problem.
1
To solve the πŸ‘ lover question is the chant ok πŸ˜‰β‰οΈ on 19:58 - Jan 23 with 753 viewsReslovenSwan1

To solve the πŸ‘ lover question is the chant ok πŸ˜‰β‰οΈ on 19:31 - Jan 23 by max936

So its fine in your book to do what he did then,?


Know him do you? he's that tough that he had to resort to imitating a disabled person,
[Post edited 23 Jan 2024 19:34]


Not really. I excuse him a bit. He lost his cool. He probably apologised afterwards? . He is getting pummelled day after day with the same racial slurs and is a human being,

I cannot lecture him because he is doing better to keep his cool than I would in his place.

Wise sage since Toshack era
Poll: Do Swansea city have enough centre backs?

0
To solve the πŸ‘ lover question is the chant ok πŸ˜‰β‰οΈ on 20:09 - Jan 23 with 736 viewsSullutaCreturned

To solve the πŸ‘ lover question is the chant ok πŸ˜‰β‰οΈ on 18:19 - Jan 23 by ReslovenSwan1

No black man 'owns it' by making monkey gestures to himself. From what I can see they get extremely upset. The N word is a slur. Sheep Sh .. is a slur.

Only artists and rappers can get away with it. They have special privileges as creative people. Every Caucasian does not go there as redundancy could occur

Welsh people 'owning it" is opposed by 44% and only supported by 8%. About 1000 in the stadium. Probably all in the East stand northern area. Give them the boot I say.
[Post edited 23 Jan 2024 18:56]


swan si, change shoes to shows then, the context is the same.

Res, it's not just artists and rappers, don't be obtuse. Heck I've even heard 2 black men on a Cardiff street cal each ither the N word and talking about continuing the fight.

If it's opposed by 44% where do you get 8% from? I haven't looked at the poll.
0
To solve the πŸ‘ lover question is the chant ok πŸ˜‰β‰οΈ on 20:20 - Jan 23 with 724 viewsReslovenSwan1

To solve the πŸ‘ lover question is the chant ok πŸ˜‰β‰οΈ on 20:09 - Jan 23 by SullutaCreturned

swan si, change shoes to shows then, the context is the same.

Res, it's not just artists and rappers, don't be obtuse. Heck I've even heard 2 black men on a Cardiff street cal each ither the N word and talking about continuing the fight.

If it's opposed by 44% where do you get 8% from? I haven't looked at the poll.


4 voters love the sheep racial slurs. The rest of the voters are either "not bothered" (25) or against the chanting (24)

It seems to me 45% of fans do not like this chanting at all because it is one group of Welsh people insulting another group of Welsh people.. One group owns it (8%) and the other says no thanks (45%) .

Wise sage since Toshack era
Poll: Do Swansea city have enough centre backs?

0
To solve the πŸ‘ lover question is the chant ok πŸ˜‰β‰οΈ on 20:23 - Jan 23 with 716 viewsmax936

To solve the πŸ‘ lover question is the chant ok πŸ˜‰β‰οΈ on 19:58 - Jan 23 by ReslovenSwan1

Not really. I excuse him a bit. He lost his cool. He probably apologised afterwards? . He is getting pummelled day after day with the same racial slurs and is a human being,

I cannot lecture him because he is doing better to keep his cool than I would in his place.


If he hadn't antagonised them the way he used to like doing perhaps they wouldn't have reacted.

I don't excuse him not for a millisecond, to have done what he did is absolutely disgraceful. used to have a lot of time for and watched him whenever he was playing,

I hope he never wins another tournament.
0
To solve the πŸ‘ lover question is the chant ok πŸ˜‰β‰οΈ on 20:44 - Jan 23 with 678 viewsjack247

To solve the πŸ‘ lover question is the chant ok πŸ˜‰β‰οΈ on 20:20 - Jan 23 by ReslovenSwan1

4 voters love the sheep racial slurs. The rest of the voters are either "not bothered" (25) or against the chanting (24)

It seems to me 45% of fans do not like this chanting at all because it is one group of Welsh people insulting another group of Welsh people.. One group owns it (8%) and the other says no thanks (45%) .


I voted β€˜don’t care because I know it’s ironic’. It’s not new and I don’t really give it any more thought than any other chant. I certainly don’t find it offensive or a slur.

β€˜No thanks’ wasn’t an option and if it was, I wouldn’t have voted for it. Don’t twist the answers to suit your narrative please.
0
To solve the πŸ‘ lover question is the chant ok πŸ˜‰β‰οΈ on 21:14 - Jan 23 with 648 viewsReslovenSwan1

To solve the πŸ‘ lover question is the chant ok πŸ˜‰β‰οΈ on 20:44 - Jan 23 by jack247

I voted β€˜don’t care because I know it’s ironic’. It’s not new and I don’t really give it any more thought than any other chant. I certainly don’t find it offensive or a slur.

β€˜No thanks’ wasn’t an option and if it was, I wouldn’t have voted for it. Don’t twist the answers to suit your narrative please.


You it seems tolerant of (or at least do not care about) racial slurs on the basis of your understanding understanding of the intent. It means not a lot to me and does not come as a surprise. I knew many fans think are like this.

A large proportion of Swansea fans still have a lot of work to do to come up to reasonable standards expected by society in general. (mostly non football people). Football is afraid to deal with the subject so it persists as with Casey Palmer.

Swansea city used to profess 'zero tolerance of all forms of abuse". They have not used that phrase recently.

You are out of kilter with the law. Sheep slurs are illegal. "Racially aggravated disorderly conduct". These laws are written by people of better education than most football fans. The whole idea of equality law is that everyone is treated equally in the eyes of the law. Theoretically both Casey and Gerwyn would be similarly protected from racial slurs.

Sky sports were showboating. They do not have a consistent and equatable philosophy.

Wise sage since Toshack era
Poll: Do Swansea city have enough centre backs?

0
To solve the πŸ‘ lover question is the chant ok πŸ˜‰β‰οΈ on 21:31 - Jan 23 with 626 viewsswan_si

To solve the πŸ‘ lover question is the chant ok πŸ˜‰β‰οΈ on 20:09 - Jan 23 by SullutaCreturned

swan si, change shoes to shows then, the context is the same.

Res, it's not just artists and rappers, don't be obtuse. Heck I've even heard 2 black men on a Cardiff street cal each ither the N word and talking about continuing the fight.

If it's opposed by 44% where do you get 8% from? I haven't looked at the poll.


Didn't notice the shoe error. I was talking about the N word. The N word ending with 'er' is different to 'a'.
0
To solve the πŸ‘ lover question is the chant ok πŸ˜‰β‰οΈ on 21:42 - Jan 23 with 604 viewsRhonddaSwans

To solve the πŸ‘ lover question is the chant ok πŸ˜‰β‰οΈ on 14:58 - Jan 23 by STID2017

Not strictly true.
Any forms that ask us to identify ourselves re our Ethnicity usually give the option to quantify your answer
For example you could be Welsh and black, Welsh and Irish, etc
Not all Welsh are Welsh White


But the welsh are not a race you can't just say I am welsh or can you?

Thinking of the forms though you can tick welsh white or Carribbean black.

But I honestly think if we go to far with this stuff we are going to ruin the match day experience.

The funniest chants are usually on tropes.
But hey half of us don't like it.


I want to see a show of hands here because this poll results isn't matching the comments?


Lads can we have a comments yes or no?

just to make sure no one has voted on multiple accounts?

Poll: If Cardiff come back up would you want the bubble scrapped ?

0
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Online Safety Advertising
© FansNetwork 2026