Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A massive gear change? 18:29 - Feb 11 with 1644 viewsReslovenSwan1

It seems to me the Williams has completely changed the dynamics. The January transfer window was not the 'damp squib' some have postulated but a dramatic change in emphasis for the team.

For a team of metronomic passers three wingers were signed. Running and pace replacing intricate and possession based probing. Hull perhaps were caught completely unawares as Platcheta went flying down the wing. (this was not in the script?.)

The dreadful AFBC FA cup surrender could be the birth of a new era. The player were going through the motions to a predetermined philosophy which did not work.

Williams to be seems like a high energy Klopp type character. Duff was the complete opposite. This season has seen some of the poorest Swansea performances since Kenny Jackett. "Vive la change".

Wise sage since Toshack era

A massive gear change? on 18:33 - Feb 11 with 1624 viewsWhiterockin

In fairness we have all been crying out the owners to get pace in for a couple of seasons, they were unlucky that Ginnelly got injured so early.
A massive gear change? on 18:36 - Feb 11 with 1613 viewsTreforys_Jack

Width and pace, who'd have thought eh !!
A massive gear change? on 22:53 - Feb 11 with 1430 viewsKilkennyjack

A massive gear change? on 18:36 - Feb 11 by Treforys_Jack

Yes if only we had remembered how important Dyer, Routs, and Sinclair had been for our club. Doh !

Beware of the Risen People

A massive gear change? on 23:17 - Feb 11 with 1413 viewsPatchesOHoulihan

A massive gear change? on 18:33 - Feb 11 by Whiterockin

In fairness we have all been crying out the owners to get pace in for a couple of seasons, they were unlucky that Ginnelly got injured so early.

If he was fit it’s highly unlikely we would have played to his strengths

This is Patches O'Houlihan saying "Take care of your balls, and they'll take care of you."

A massive gear change? on 07:28 - Feb 12 with 1299 viewsBryanSwan

A massive gear change? on 18:36 - Feb 11 by Treforys_Jack

If only any of out supposedly "expert" managers had bothered to review the games.
Has been blatantly obvious for years.

Said that i am glad we finally have a manger who has brought some pace and energy into the side, bodes well for next season.

Poll: When will Russell Martin no longer be Swansea manager?

A massive gear change? on 09:29 - Feb 12 with 1223 viewsonehunglow

Hull was encouraraging Res. However ,let’s see if we keep it up.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

A massive gear change? on 14:44 - Feb 12 with 1077 viewssw02sea

What is absolutely amazing, if like me, you dip in and out of the various Swans related sites ie. Here, SCFC 2, planetswans ect, is every man and his dog have been saying the exact same thing, since Martin, Duff, and up until this window Luke Williams……. We are crying out for pace !!!
And would you Adam & Eve it, with 2 fast wingers, (plus LW’s more positive attitude) we look a different team !
All I can say is, we all must have been geniuses 😎
A massive gear change? on 14:50 - Feb 12 with 1065 viewsWhiterockin

A massive gear change? on 14:44 - Feb 12 by sw02sea

What is absolutely amazing, if like me, you dip in and out of the various Swans related sites ie. Here, SCFC 2, planetswans ect, is every man and his dog have been saying the exact same thing, since Martin, Duff, and up until this window Luke Williams……. We are crying out for pace !!!
And would you Adam & Eve it, with 2 fast wingers, (plus LW’s more positive attitude) we look a different team !
All I can say is, we all must have been geniuses 😎

Or possibly the powers that be have lacked any football knowledge.
Login to get fewer ads

A massive gear change? on 14:51 - Feb 12 with 1065 viewsjack247

A massive gear change? on 09:29 - Feb 12 by onehunglow

Hull was encouraraging Res. However ,let’s see if we keep it up.

Fair comment.

It wasn’t a vintage Martinez or Rodgers performance, but we went to a playoff chasing team and deservedly beat them. Best thing for me was we didn’t really have a nightmare spell all game. We’re usually good in patches and atrocious in patches. I thought that was coming after we dominated the first 10 minutes, scored and they came into it a bit. We also looked pretty comfortable when they went direct towards the end.

It’s one win. We deserved more against Plymouth, so it’s two good performances. I want a few more before I start thinking we’re back in business.
A massive gear change? on 16:11 - Feb 12 with 1004 viewsDr_Winston

It's probably worth waiting until he's got a full squad to pick from before we draw any conclusions as to Williams' future intentions. Lord only knows that Martin stumbled across winning combos several times before going right back to whatever the hell he thought he was trying to achieve once injuries dried up/results improved/delete as appropriate.

I'll be more enthusiastic if we never see a back three again once he's got the players available to do so. It's encouraging that we've signed some genuine pace in the window, but it was also encouraging that Duff was finally getting a tune out of Grimes and that came to nothing in the end.
[Post edited 12 Feb 16:16]

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

A massive gear change? on 16:16 - Feb 12 with 993 viewsWhiterockin

A massive gear change? on 16:11 - Feb 12 by Dr_Winston

It's probably worth waiting until he's got a full squad to pick from before we draw any conclusions as to Williams' future intentions. Lord only knows that Martin stumbled across winning combos several times before going right back to whatever the hell he thought he was trying to achieve once injuries dried up/results improved/delete as appropriate.

I'll be more enthusiastic if we never see a back three again once he's got the players available to do so. It's encouraging that we've signed some genuine pace in the window, but it was also encouraging that Duff was finally getting a tune out of Grimes and that came to nothing in the end.

Surely as we now have with wingers with pace he wouldn't go to a back three and wingbacks.
A massive gear change? on 16:25 - Feb 12 with 979 viewsDr_Winston

A massive gear change? on 16:16 - Feb 12 by Whiterockin

Surely as we now have with wingers with pace he wouldn't go to a back three and wingbacks.

You would hope not, but we had good runs before under his old boss and jacked the system that was working in favour of lunacy more than once.

Maybe I'm being unnecessarily suspicious, but we've been here before and I'm drawing no conclusions yet.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

A massive gear change? on 16:34 - Feb 12 with 950 viewsWhiterockin

A massive gear change? on 16:25 - Feb 12 by Dr_Winston

You would hope not, but we had good runs before under his old boss and jacked the system that was working in favour of lunacy more than once.

Maybe I'm being unnecessarily suspicious, but we've been here before and I'm drawing no conclusions yet.

As long as Kukharevych is picked for the bench and never gets on there is every reason to be suspicious.
A massive gear change on 17:55 - Feb 12 with 897 viewsonehunglow

A massive gear change? on 16:11 - Feb 12 by Dr_Winston

100% agree

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

A massive gear change? on 18:20 - Feb 12 with 877 viewssw02sea

I keep asking the same thing, surely someone, somewhere, must know something, about why Kuharevich doesn’t get a sniff ?
Especially now when :

1) We have the added pace, creating more crosses into the box.
2) Yates couldn’t score in a brothel
3) Lowe has been injured

The little I’ve seen of Kuharevich, he doesn’t strike me as a complete donkey.
He looked ok on the deck, and with his height he’s made for set pieces, both going forwards and defensively.
If he’s named as a substitute and not played, what’s the point?
Surely he should be considered as a different option to bring off the bench, particularly if you’re chasing the game?
I’d love to see him come off the bench, and score the winner against those scumbags from upt north tomorrow !
A massive gear change? on 20:13 - Feb 13 with 676 viewsQJumpingJack

one step forward, five steps back.

Our owners should look at the Leeds American investment. It seems to be working.
A massive gear change? on 20:31 - Feb 13 with 657 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

Another massive gear change. Reverse.

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

A massive gear change? on 09:13 - Feb 14 with 423 viewsSgorioFruit

A massive gear change? on 20:13 - Feb 13 by QJumpingJack

one step forward, five steps back.

Our owners should look at the Leeds American investment. It seems to be working.

if the American owners haven't done anything to help our progression since they bought us, then they certainly won't now.

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024