Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rob Page to stay on for two more years 20:53 - Mar 27 with 1505 viewsKeithHaynes

That’s the latest, until his contract is up in 2026.
I assume if / when Wales don’t qualify for the World Cup that’s him on his way.

Not sure everyone will be happy with this.

This post has been edited by an administrator

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

🔴 Rob Page to stay on for two more years on 21:21 - Mar 27 with 1473 viewsReslovenSwan1

30,000 paying about £1m last night. There is easily enough money to pay him off I would think. Another £1 millon on Thursday. Most of the 30,000 want him to look for new opportunities i would think.

Wise sage since Toshack era

🔴 Rob Page to stay on for two more years on 21:41 - Mar 27 with 1440 viewsWhiterockin

It's a sad state of affairs that we have to fail to get rid of him. Bite the bullet and do it now, pay him off and have a reset sooner rather than later. Because we all know that fail he will.
🔴 Rob Page to stay on for two more years on 21:42 - Mar 27 with 1431 viewsKeithHaynes

🔴 Rob Page to stay on for two more years on 21:21 - Mar 27 by ReslovenSwan1

30,000 paying about £1m last night. There is easily enough money to pay him off I would think. Another £1 millon on Thursday. Most of the 30,000 want him to look for new opportunities i would think.

Talks a good game, gave valid public reasons to keep him on earlier today.

His coaching ability and that of those around him is most certainly in question.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

🔴 Rob Page to stay on for two more years on 21:48 - Mar 27 with 1413 viewsTenbySwan

Dreadful, he needs to go.

Playing Dan James as full back was unbelievable.
🔴 Rob Page to stay on for two more years on 22:10 - Mar 27 with 1373 viewsmajorraglan

To be honest I’m not surprised we’ve retained his services because it was close last night and we could have won, the result and the fact it went to pens has done Page a favour, had we lost or been drubbed then I dare say his position would be a lot weaker and in my opinion untenable.

I’ve never been convinced and would change manager and coaches, failing that least get him a mentor to assist with preparing the squad and tactics.
[Post edited 27 Mar 22:11]
🔴 Rob Page to stay on for two more years on 22:30 - Mar 27 with 1344 viewsBryanSwan

After being so gutted last night.
Hearing this has just made everything 10x worse.

Poll: When will Russell Martin no longer be Swansea manager?

🔴 Rob Page to stay on for two more years on 23:29 - Mar 27 with 1290 viewsReslovenSwan1

🔴 Rob Page to stay on for two more years on 22:10 - Mar 27 by majorraglan

To be honest I’m not surprised we’ve retained his services because it was close last night and we could have won, the result and the fact it went to pens has done Page a favour, had we lost or been drubbed then I dare say his position would be a lot weaker and in my opinion untenable.

I’ve never been convinced and would change manager and coaches, failing that least get him a mentor to assist with preparing the squad and tactics.

To avoid being drubbed he picked SEVEN defensive players and three attacking players telling Poland Wales were happy with a draw. Four centre backs (including Ampadu) three fullbacks and Jordan James a defensive midfielder. A Kenny Jacket selection league 1 stye.

Perhaps Page was looking after Page and just doing enough to save his neck. There are a lot of people who go into work to do "just enough".

He left two of the forwards he ran into the ground on the pitch for 120 mins. Moore and Wilson who were invisible after 80 mins.

🔴 Rob Page to stay on for two more years on 00:32 - Mar 28 with 1259 viewsangryjack

Page is clueless,how can't the f.a not see this,his tactics and selections are laughable on times..should have gone after the Iran game at the world cup..
Login to get fewer ads

🔴 Rob Page to stay on for two more years on 08:57 - Mar 28 with 1120 viewsonehunglow

But he might be tempted away ,hopefully not by us

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

🔴 Rob Page to stay on for two more years on 13:25 - Mar 28 with 1006 viewsswancity

🔴 Rob Page to stay on for two more years on 23:29 - Mar 27 by ReslovenSwan1

To avoid being drubbed he picked SEVEN defensive players and three attacking players telling Poland Wales were happy with a draw. Four centre backs (including Ampadu) three fullbacks and Jordan James a defensive midfielder. A Kenny Jacket selection league 1 stye.

Perhaps Page was looking after Page and just doing enough to save his neck. There are a lot of people who go into work to do "just enough".

He left two of the forwards he ran into the ground on the pitch for 120 mins. Moore and Wilson who were invisible after 80 mins.

That’s not accurate and an attempt to use stats to support a standpoint when in actual fact the evidence suggests otherwise.

Of course we had a back three. Centre backs and they all had a fine game. The two wing backs Roberts and Williams got forward at every opportunity. Ampadu and James both had a defensive responsibility but they looked to get forward as and when they were able. We attacked when it was right to do so but you must analyse opponents when dissecting our own players roles as Poland were superbly organised and tough to break down.

Our team is mainly made up of players from Championship clubs. Williams Mepham Johnson Brooks and Davies play in the Premier League. When you look at the tools available we are punching above our weight.

So in reality it’s not seven defenders at all. It was three. We had to be pragmatic in our approach as so much was riding on the game. And Poland have dangerous individuals. Poland did not force one save from Ward. Not one shot on target in two hours football. That’s exceptional work.

On another day we win that 1-0 with the Moore header. Only an outstanding save stopped us. We drew the game. After a decent performance. A sad ending but that’s no reflection on the performance over the 120 minutes.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

🔴 Rob Page to stay on for two more years on 17:38 - Mar 28 with 876 viewsmax936

🔴 Rob Page to stay on for two more years on 22:10 - Mar 27 by majorraglan

His tactics in picking Moore slowed our attacking game totally, I get it that Brooksy wasn't well enough to play, he looked ill going on and looked sadly worse when he came off, but we surely could have played Dan from the start with Johnson up top, Moore totally negated our forward play from the Finland game, not Moores fault in fairness and he did well works hard like he always does, but should have come on after 70 mins.

That said we were very unlucky in the 90 minutes, but still we had a golden opportunity, but fluffed our lines, Page was as gutted as the rest of his players and us fans, but we're out and he's got to accept responsibility for that.
[Post edited 28 Mar 17:51]

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

🔴 Rob Page to stay on for two more years on 22:25 - Mar 28 with 690 viewsReslovenSwan1

🔴 Rob Page to stay on for two more years on 13:25 - Mar 28 by swancity

That’s not accurate and an attempt to use stats to support a standpoint when in actual fact the evidence suggests otherwise.

Of course we had a back three. Centre backs and they all had a fine game. The two wing backs Roberts and Williams got forward at every opportunity. Ampadu and James both had a defensive responsibility but they looked to get forward as and when they were able. We attacked when it was right to do so but you must analyse opponents when dissecting our own players roles as Poland were superbly organised and tough to break down.

Our team is mainly made up of players from Championship clubs. Williams Mepham Johnson Brooks and Davies play in the Premier League. When you look at the tools available we are punching above our weight.

So in reality it’s not seven defenders at all. It was three. We had to be pragmatic in our approach as so much was riding on the game. And Poland have dangerous individuals. Poland did not force one save from Ward. Not one shot on target in two hours football. That’s exceptional work.

On another day we win that 1-0 with the Moore header. Only an outstanding save stopped us. We drew the game. After a decent performance. A sad ending but that’s no reflection on the performance over the 120 minutes.

All seven players are used a defensive players at their clubs. The team was stacked with defenders and Wales not surprisingly blotted out Poland who were the weakest Polish team in decades and "there for the taking". Poland sat back and happy to go to the shoot out.and won it. They were away and second favourites.

Wales were at home and were the bookies favourites. Wales would never be able to beat Poland away.

Page ran his three forwards into the ground and Wilson and Moore were exhausted for much of the game. Wales wanted to nick it with a set piece. Low aspiration.

Rob Page to stay on for two more years on 22:35 - Mar 28 with 682 viewsDr_Winston

I can't profess to care too much as previous posts regarding the Wales team will attest, but here's my two penn'rth.

Page is a bit of an idiot. A lower league manager at best who turned a World Cup campaign into a Jolly Boys outing for semi-retired footballers. Despite the absence of Gareth Bale he still has a decent squad to choose from, and appears to want to do his level best to get the worst out of.

Choosing Kieffer Moore (a player I otherwise have a lot of time for) against a Polish team known for it's issues dealing with pace is such a laughably idiotic decision it's staggering that anyone is speaking up in his defence.

If Wales want to progress then he needs to go. Steve Cooper would probably be a solid choice. Whilst nobody wants to see that kind of tedious football over a 46 game campaign, it could be successful in a tournament format. The obvious downside would be the lack of former England u17 players who qualify for Wales, but he couldn't do any worse than Page.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

🔴 Rob Page to stay on for two more years on 22:36 - Mar 28 with 681 viewscimlaswan

🔴 Rob Page to stay on for two more years on 21:48 - Mar 27 by TenbySwan

Dreadful, he needs to go.

Playing Dan James as full back was unbelievable.

Given that Page had Jay Dasilva on the bench who's had a good season for Coventry I would thought he would have put him on at left back and move Williams over to right back or was that too simple to do?
Rob Page to stay on for two more years on 11:27 - Mar 29 with 534 viewsswancity

Rob Page to stay on for two more years on 22:35 - Mar 28 by Dr_Winston

I can't profess to care too much as previous posts regarding the Wales team will attest, but here's my two penn'rth.

Page is a bit of an idiot. A lower league manager at best who turned a World Cup campaign into a Jolly Boys outing for semi-retired footballers. Despite the absence of Gareth Bale he still has a decent squad to choose from, and appears to want to do his level best to get the worst out of.

Choosing Kieffer Moore (a player I otherwise have a lot of time for) against a Polish team known for it's issues dealing with pace is such a laughably idiotic decision it's staggering that anyone is speaking up in his defence.

If Wales want to progress then he needs to go. Steve Cooper would probably be a solid choice. Whilst nobody wants to see that kind of tedious football over a 46 game campaign, it could be successful in a tournament format. The obvious downside would be the lack of former England u17 players who qualify for Wales, but he couldn't do any worse than Page.

You are consistent I’ll give you that. Consistent in that, with very little knowledge or interest in the subject matter, you’re quite prepared to offer your views which consequently are largely an irrelevance. 👍🏻

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Rob Page to stay on for two more years on 19:43 - Mar 29 with 370 viewsdantheswansman

Any manager who is picking Ramsey needs to go, the guy is woeful, don't give me the rubbish about experience, the only experience he could possibly have is brining the water on at the right time, a complete bystander who offers that squad nothing, Page can go!
Rob Page to stay on for two more years on 20:22 - Mar 29 with 348 viewsonehunglow

Rob Page to stay on for two more years on 11:27 - Mar 29 by swancity

You are consistent I’ll give you that. Consistent in that, with very little knowledge or interest in the subject matter, you’re quite prepared to offer your views which consequently are largely an irrelevance. 👍🏻

He’s got views that differ from yours .
Nothing to do with consistency.
It’s just fact

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Rob Page to stay on for two more years on 20:46 - Mar 29 with 318 viewsReslovenSwan1

Rob Page to stay on for two more years on 22:35 - Mar 28 by Dr_Winston

Page had four super fast forwards to call on.

One was subbed, one was sick, one was played in the defence, and one never left the bench.
Johnson Brooks James and Matondo. Tom Lawrence was in Scotland

Page end up with two lumps up front who could not run at all. Two target men. Page removed all the Welsh pace threats. Poland gt stronger and Wales got significantly weaker as a result of substitutions. James should have caused the Poles serious defensive problems.

I argue that his football brain is seriously suspect. He did not show the level of organisation I Would expect for a manager especially one with a limited player pool.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024