Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The tainted First Minister 13:29 - Apr 28 with 11107 viewsSullutaCreturned

Meet vaughn Gething, the First Minister who managed to screw his job up before he'd even actually been given it,

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/politics/real-fury-behind-scenes-welsh-290647

The fact that Gething apparently cannot see what is wrong here, cannot see the conflict, surely it marks him down as unsuitable to be in politics let alone be leader of our country?
The tainted First Minister on 21:47 - May 16 with 1068 viewsDr_Winston

The tainted First Minister on 18:23 - May 16 by majorraglan

I’d imagine a sizeable chunk of the negativity is definitely is down to racism which is alive and kicking in many places, that said in my opinion Gething hasn’t exactly helped his cause with what I believe to be done very poor decision making regarding the donation to his campaign or his actions and conduct regarding Covid.

My personal view is he shouldn’t be the FM.

Absolutely none of it is down to Racism, and all of it is down to him being utterly incompetent/borderline corrupt in every post he's ever held.

He's taking no more stick than Drakeford did, and a whiter individual it's hard to imagine. Maybe a Drakeford who's into Morris Dancing would theoretically be whiter.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

The tainted First Minister on 21:49 - May 16 with 1067 viewsFlashberryjack

The tainted First Minister on 18:30 - May 16 by Whiterockin

I would say little if anything is down to racism, he is just a shocking first minister who got the position in a questionable manner. I will be very surprised if he lasts 12 months, nothing at all to do racism.

It's always the same excuses, Westminster, Brexit, climate change, and if they don't work, try the racist card.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

The tainted First Minister on 22:09 - May 16 with 1038 viewsBoundy

I’d imagine a sizeable chunk of the negativity is definitely is down to racism which is alive and kicking in many places, that said in my opinion Gething hasn’t exactly helped his cause with what I believe to be done very poor decision making regarding the donation to his campaign or his actions and conduct regarding Covid.

Drakeford is white and held with the same level of contempt in many quarters as is Gething so I have to ask but why do you assume its down to race. ?

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

The tainted First Minister on 16:16 - May 17 with 964 viewsPawelAbbott

Now that Plaid have withdrawn from the agreement with Labour, it must be time for a new election.
Don't do what the Scots did and go for a 3rd leader.
The tainted First Minister on 17:26 - May 17 with 925 viewsraynor94

It's got nothing to do with racism, just plain incompetence, Drakeford was white and got far more negativity.

Vaughan is turning into our very own Liz Truss

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

The tainted First Minister on 17:26 - May 17 with 925 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

The tainted First Minister on 16:16 - May 17 by PawelAbbott

Now that Plaid have withdrawn from the agreement with Labour, it must be time for a new election.
Don't do what the Scots did and go for a 3rd leader.

Vote of no confidence imminent

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

The tainted First Minister on 17:37 - May 17 with 901 viewsWhiterockin

The tainted First Minister on 17:26 - May 17 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

Vote of no confidence imminent

It could be interesting. Gething wasn't even first choice for leader from the Senedds labour members,

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

The tainted First Minister on 18:58 - May 17 with 856 viewspencoedjack

Nonsense.

Is that the card any incompetent person of colour now plays?

If he wasn’t an untrustworthy condescending prick nobody would care.
Login to get fewer ads

The tainted First Minister on 19:23 - May 17 with 841 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

The tainted First Minister on 18:58 - May 17 by pencoedjack

Nonsense.

Is that the card any incompetent person of colour now plays?

If he wasn’t an untrustworthy condescending prick nobody would care.

He's incompetent, anybody suggesting race is the motive is playing games of a distasteful nature.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

The tainted First Minister on 20:45 - May 17 with 796 viewsmajorraglan

The tainted First Minister on 19:23 - May 17 by JACKMANANDBOY

He's incompetent, anybody suggesting race is the motive is playing games of a distasteful nature.

I am not supportive of his conduct or decision making nor do I believe he has shown the judgements which would make him a good first minister, in fact I think he should go and if he won’t he should be sacked - end of.

In terms of my comment on racism, I’ve no doubt that across society ( I’m not suggesting for 1 minute that any of the posters on this thread are racist) there are people who dislike Vaughan Gething simply because of the colour of his skin. It’s clear from reading the comments on here that the posters on here are well informed about what’s going on in Cardiff Bay, but sadly that’s not something which is replicated across wider society where there’s a great deal of apathy and disinterest in politics and government and in the wider society is where I believe the racism that I was referring to exists.
The tainted First Minister on 20:58 - May 17 with 788 viewsBoundy

The tainted First Minister on 20:45 - May 17 by majorraglan

I am not supportive of his conduct or decision making nor do I believe he has shown the judgements which would make him a good first minister, in fact I think he should go and if he won’t he should be sacked - end of.

In terms of my comment on racism, I’ve no doubt that across society ( I’m not suggesting for 1 minute that any of the posters on this thread are racist) there are people who dislike Vaughan Gething simply because of the colour of his skin. It’s clear from reading the comments on here that the posters on here are well informed about what’s going on in Cardiff Bay, but sadly that’s not something which is replicated across wider society where there’s a great deal of apathy and disinterest in politics and government and in the wider society is where I believe the racism that I was referring to exists.

Your comment about apathy may have been true 2/3 years ago but a combination of disastrous policies the catalyst being the 20mph limit and the 200,000k bung has opened the eyes of the populace to what is going on in Cardiff.How much of the disdain towards the Sennedd will only be reflected by the next election ,interesting times all the same.

The tainted First Minister on 21:31 - May 17 with 776 viewsSullutaCreturned

He's just claiming racism to deflect the criticism.

I don't dislike gething because he's not white, I dislike him because he's useless, a man who has shown poor judgement. He was a poor health minister and he'll be another poor First Minister because as he's already shown, he plays to the gallery and gives off a good image but there isn't much substance.

The claim of racism is risible unless he's good at his job...
The tainted First Minister on 21:32 - May 17 with 776 viewsScotia

The tainted First Minister on 20:58 - May 17 by Boundy

Your comment about apathy may have been true 2/3 years ago but a combination of disastrous policies the catalyst being the 20mph limit and the 200,000k bung has opened the eyes of the populace to what is going on in Cardiff.How much of the disdain towards the Sennedd will only be reflected by the next election ,interesting times all the same.

The 20 mph speed limit will be forgotten about in 3 years time at the next Senedd election.

Given the recent disasters we've seen in Wales such as COVID, road building etc Drakeford increased his vote at the last election. I find that baffling.

We could have given the labour administration a bloody nose at the PCC elections 2 weeks ago and we didn't. The turnout was less than 15%.

We deserve what we get really.
The tainted First Minister on 22:02 - May 17 with 726 viewsBoundy

The tainted First Minister on 21:32 - May 17 by Scotia

The 20 mph speed limit will be forgotten about in 3 years time at the next Senedd election.

Given the recent disasters we've seen in Wales such as COVID, road building etc Drakeford increased his vote at the last election. I find that baffling.

We could have given the labour administration a bloody nose at the PCC elections 2 weeks ago and we didn't. The turnout was less than 15%.

We deserve what we get really.

The recent PC election was possibly the worse best kept secret ever, no or very little publicity. but I agree a very disappoin iting y turnout all the same. The furore of the 20mph continues and now with an upsurge of the partial destruction of cameras I believe this particular topic will run for a good while yet . As bad as Drakeford was Gethin cant hold a candle to him so if he does survive then imo will not help the labour vote.

The tainted First Minister on 22:37 - May 17 with 704 viewspencoedjack

The tainted First Minister on 22:02 - May 17 by Boundy

The recent PC election was possibly the worse best kept secret ever, no or very little publicity. but I agree a very disappoin iting y turnout all the same. The furore of the 20mph continues and now with an upsurge of the partial destruction of cameras I believe this particular topic will run for a good while yet . As bad as Drakeford was Gethin cant hold a candle to him so if he does survive then imo will not help the labour vote.

Jimmy Saville could be leader of Welsh Labour & they’d still get voted in

It’s what Welsh people do.
The tainted First Minister on 00:06 - May 18 with 677 viewsBoundy

The tainted First Minister on 22:37 - May 17 by pencoedjack

Not this one

The tainted First Minister on 00:43 - May 18 with 667 viewsRobbie

We thought things were bad in Westminster , Sunaks and his misses wealth income just been disclosed , man of the people , my ass .

Senedd and WAG another gravy train of freeloaders on our own doorstep , added to by the fact they want to shoehorn even more of these nobodies into their inner cirle .

Drakeford a dinosaur , surely an obvious sign from day 1 of his tenure , Wales is now in reverse gear , apart from Cardiff , a useless First Minister , gone and forgotten .

Vaughan Gething , so far in inspires no confidence , waffles a lot as per Politicians .
Now trying to dig himself out of a hole over dodgy donations , in a hole stop digging mush .

Welsh Politics alongside the Houses of Parliament debates , we are being taken for a ride .

Monkey with a Red Rosette attached to its chest would get all votes in Wales as my old man used to say , never asked him who voted for , not the given thing then .

Still vote at every opportunity , my right thankfully , unlike some parts of the World sadly .

AMs and MPs across the board , sure there are good ones out there doing their best .

Now for me my trust in any Politician is rock bottom .
The tainted First Minister on 07:16 - May 18 with 642 viewsPawelAbbott

The tainted First Minister on 00:43 - May 18 by Robbie

We thought things were bad in Westminster , Sunaks and his misses wealth income just been disclosed , man of the people , my ass .

Senedd and WAG another gravy train of freeloaders on our own doorstep , added to by the fact they want to shoehorn even more of these nobodies into their inner cirle .

Drakeford a dinosaur , surely an obvious sign from day 1 of his tenure , Wales is now in reverse gear , apart from Cardiff , a useless First Minister , gone and forgotten .

Vaughan Gething , so far in inspires no confidence , waffles a lot as per Politicians .
Now trying to dig himself out of a hole over dodgy donations , in a hole stop digging mush .

Welsh Politics alongside the Houses of Parliament debates , we are being taken for a ride .

Monkey with a Red Rosette attached to its chest would get all votes in Wales as my old man used to say , never asked him who voted for , not the given thing then .

Still vote at every opportunity , my right thankfully , unlike some parts of the World sadly .

AMs and MPs across the board , sure there are good ones out there doing their best .

Now for me my trust in any Politician is rock bottom .

Sunaks wealth increases as government ministers help Infotech to gain better access to UK government projects.
There was a case a few months back where a UK minister had promised Infotech that he would do what he could to assist them.
They should be doing what they can to assist UK companies not ensuring that even more work leaves the country
The tainted First Minister on 07:58 - May 18 with 636 viewspencoedjack

The tainted First Minister on 07:16 - May 18 by PawelAbbott

Sunaks wealth increases as government ministers help Infotech to gain better access to UK government projects.
There was a case a few months back where a UK minister had promised Infotech that he would do what he could to assist them.
They should be doing what they can to assist UK companies not ensuring that even more work leaves the country

I agree you’d think the Welsh government would also be doing all they can to bring jobs to Wales.

Infrastructure being key.

As said they are all useless.
The tainted First Minister on 17:00 - May 18 with 514 viewsLuther27

The tainted First Minister on 21:47 - May 16 by Dr_Winston

Absolutely none of it is down to Racism, and all of it is down to him being utterly incompetent/borderline corrupt in every post he's ever held.

He's taking no more stick than Drakeford did, and a whiter individual it's hard to imagine. Maybe a Drakeford who's into Morris Dancing would theoretically be whiter.

Great post.
When all else fails play the racism card.
The tainted First Minister on 17:13 - May 18 with 495 viewsJumpingJackFlash

The tainted First Minister on 22:37 - May 17 by pencoedjack

Unlikely. Saville was a great friend of Margaret Thatcher and Tory through and through.
The tainted First Minister on 18:07 - May 18 with 467 viewsunion_jack

The tainted First Minister on 17:13 - May 18 by JumpingJackFlash

Unlikely. Saville was a great friend of Margaret Thatcher and Tory through and through.

Which sort of strengthens Penc’s point don’t you think?

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

The tainted First Minister on 22:10 - May 18 with 409 viewsBoundy

The tainted First Minister on 18:07 - May 18 by union_jack

Which sort of strengthens Penc’s point don’t you think?

It looks like he's now under more scrutiny as part of an enquiry into the building of new Velindre cancer unit in Cardiff ,despite concerns by 163 doctors consultants ,you know the people experts in their field, that the location and other factors made this new build unsuitable he as health minister refused to meet representatives to discuss those concerns.Its also come to light that one of the companys awarded contracts is Neal you know the one who hands out money to Guessing as part of the nod and a wink franchise.
How much more is to come to light because like a dog gnawing at a bone this isn't going to end tomorrow.

The tainted First Minister on 22:29 - May 18 with 399 viewsDr_Winston

Gething's statement is basically where we are now.

Any view that doesn't confirm with a centre/far left view is "fascist" or "far right". Criticism of any public figure who isn't paler than a piss poor cup of tea is "racism".

This kind of bullshit needs to be contested.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

The tainted First Minister on 08:16 - May 20 with 265 viewsfbreath

Would Gethin be saying the same things about it being bad judgement etc. If a Conservative or other party leader was in power had taken the money.

We are the first Welsh club to reach the Premier League Simples

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024