Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The ospreys new ground? 12:27 - May 23 with 10570 viewsRhonddaSwans

https://pembrokeshire-herald.com/93226/swansea-council-hopes-sports-ground-will-

Poll: Euro 2024 Winner 🏆 Predictions

The ospreys new ground? on 19:32 - May 24 with 1519 viewsTreforys_Jack

The ospreys new ground? on 17:15 - May 24 by Whiterockin

Cardiff and Newport?

Equally ridiculous
The ospreys new ground? on 19:35 - May 24 with 1500 viewsRhonddaSwans

The ospreys new ground? on 19:08 - May 24 by SullutaCreturned

I've been to Moscow to watch Wales, it was minus 18, I have also been to Ebbw Vale to watch the Whites (pre regions) and Ebbw was colder. The coldest place I have ever been.

The thing is they can't recreate the real derbys.
Pre regions the rivals were real.
There were connections to the club.
If they were to lump us together with cardiff or wrexham as a super club.
Would we still have the same passion for the new club created?

The Ospreys should stay in Swansea.
But Bridgend had the Warriors home games before the region was scrapped.

If they do move to Bridgend I wouldn't be shocked if they then scrap it all together.

Poll: Euro 2024 Winner 🏆 Predictions

The ospreys new ground? on 20:21 - May 24 with 1459 viewsmax936

The ospreys new ground? on 19:08 - May 24 by SullutaCreturned

I've been to Moscow to watch Wales, it was minus 18, I have also been to Ebbw Vale to watch the Whites (pre regions) and Ebbw was colder. The coldest place I have ever been.

It would have to be you trying to go one better

Anyway neither were colder than on the top of Levi's Ski Resort, -28 one day up on top of the World Cup, I came down there sharpish straight into a cafe for a warm, I had icicles in places I didn't think were possible.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

The ospreys new ground? on 20:56 - May 24 with 1419 viewsunion_jack

The ospreys new ground? on 18:39 - May 24 by max936

I started watching Neath when I moved up to Neath used to enjoy my time spent watching with a couple of my brother-inlaws and a mad keen mate.

I recall one mad game up at Ebbw Vale watching with said mate, Neath were struggling throughout the first have and it looked a lost cause, I think were well down on the score can't remember exactly may have been somin like 20-5, the big guns come out for the 2nd half and produced a masterclass of Rugby, it was a bit of a rough afternoon with the conditions not so much rain, but the wind, always the same up Ebbw though, had a few fishing butties up there, one in particular sadly passed now and we fished all of the water's up and around there and it was nearly always rough,

Did they teach you the song Max? Can you still remember it? All verses?

😂😂😂

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

The ospreys new ground? on 10:18 - May 25 with 1316 viewsmax936

The ospreys new ground? on 20:56 - May 24 by union_jack

Did they teach you the song Max? Can you still remember it? All verses?

😂😂😂

No can you remember them

The ospreys new ground? on 13:14 - May 25 with 1258 viewsReslovenSwan1

Irrespective of my opposition to this move St Helens would be a really nice place to watch a match if it is developed properly it will give the seafront bars and hotels a short in the arm. I general costs are shares by synergies.

I went to a cricket match Glamorgan v West indies in the time of Rodney Ontong John Hopkins and Arthur Francis etc

Wise sage since Toshack era

The ospreys new ground? on 13:25 - May 25 with 1253 viewsunion_jack

The ospreys new ground? on 10:18 - May 25 by max936

No can you remember them

Good God no, far too complicated for me😂

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

The ospreys new ground? on 14:43 - May 25 with 1229 viewsmax936

The ospreys new ground? on 13:25 - May 25 by union_jack

Good God no, far too complicated for me😂

No surprise there then 🤣

Down Cardiff Bay with her indoors settling down with a cold one to watch the final, loads here wearing MU shirts, it’s pitiful 🙄😡

Login to get fewer ads

The ospreys new ground? on 21:09 - May 25 with 1158 viewsmajorraglan

Bridgend is the better ground, St Helens is a rubbish stadium and is completely unsuitable for top level rugby. If the O’s are looking for a long term home and they have money to spend, then it has to be in Swansea, if they font have any money and there’s limited support available from the council then it has to be Bridgend.

I watch a lot of club rugby, but have no interest in going to watch regional rugby.
The ospreys new ground? on 21:35 - May 25 with 1143 viewsReslovenSwan1

The ospreys new ground? on 21:09 - May 25 by majorraglan

Bridgend is the better ground, St Helens is a rubbish stadium and is completely unsuitable for top level rugby. If the O’s are looking for a long term home and they have money to spend, then it has to be in Swansea, if they font have any money and there’s limited support available from the council then it has to be Bridgend.

I watch a lot of club rugby, but have no interest in going to watch regional rugby.

I would imagine there are plans for a big updating with the end of cricket. The rate payer will be asked to fund it for he benefit of a rugby organisation short on cash. There is no need for this but councils like schemes involving concrete and glass.

The ospreys new ground? on 21:42 - May 25 with 1127 viewsWhiterockin

The ospreys new ground? on 21:35 - May 25 by ReslovenSwan1

I would imagine there are plans for a big updating with the end of cricket. The rate payer will be asked to fund it for he benefit of a rugby organisation short on cash. There is no need for this but councils like schemes involving concrete and glass.

The university will chip in like they did with fairwood.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-south-west-wales-18967474.amp
[Post edited 25 May 21:45]

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

The ospreys new ground? on 22:03 - May 25 with 1083 viewsJumpingJackFlash

The ospreys new ground? on 21:42 - May 25 by Whiterockin

The university will chip in like they did with fairwood.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-south-west-wales-18967474.amp
[Post edited 25 May 21:45]

The university has been severely hit by the drop in foreign (particularly Chinese) student numbers. 189 people have come forward to take voluntary redundancy recently. It is hoped that there will not be any compulsory redundancies. The financial situation is described as “challenging”.
The ospreys new ground? on 07:51 - May 26 with 977 viewsWhiterockin

The ospreys new ground? on 22:03 - May 25 by JumpingJackFlash

The university has been severely hit by the drop in foreign (particularly Chinese) student numbers. 189 people have come forward to take voluntary redundancy recently. It is hoped that there will not be any compulsory redundancies. The financial situation is described as “challenging”.

Less students means less staff so I would expect redundancies to be a natural response. The university is desperate to tie in with major sporting sections to enhance its reputation and get a greater share of elite sporting students. They do find finances for these projects because it lifts the profile of the university world wide and encourages more students to enroll.

The ospreys new ground? on 10:45 - May 26 with 920 viewsSullutaCreturned

The ospreys new ground? on 20:21 - May 24 by max936

It would have to be you trying to go one better

Anyway neither were colder than on the top of Levi's Ski Resort, -28 one day up on top of the World Cup, I came down there sharpish straight into a cafe for a warm, I had icicles in places I didn't think were possible.

One better? I'm just agreeing that Ebbw Vale is freaking cold

O think Bridgend would see the end of the Ospreys too. Mostly because when the WRU looked at culling a region they'd have an ecuse when crowds were even lower up there, assuming they were of course. I just don't see it gaining traction up there, they have even less attachment to the O's than Swansea and neath people.
The ospreys new ground? on 17:35 - May 28 with 717 viewsReslovenSwan1

The ospreys new ground? on 10:45 - May 26 by SullutaCreturned

One better? I'm just agreeing that Ebbw Vale is freaking cold

O think Bridgend would see the end of the Ospreys too. Mostly because when the WRU looked at culling a region they'd have an ecuse when crowds were even lower up there, assuming they were of course. I just don't see it gaining traction up there, they have even less attachment to the O's than Swansea and neath people.

Just call it Swansea and be done with it. I am Neath born and follow SCFC. It has been 20 years or so now and the grizzly old boys are gone. Cardiff have pulled that stroke during Covid 19. The Blues are no more.

The ospreys new ground? on 18:12 - May 28 with 686 viewssons_of_omri

The ospreys new ground? on 20:55 - May 23 by KeithHaynes

That should just about destroy any identity with Swansea.

Well they took the cricket away (St Helens was synonymous with Glamorgan until the “test match vanity project” in Cardiff gained momentum). I’m disgusted by them and wouldn’t shed a tear if they went bust TBH
The ospreys new ground? on 18:33 - May 28 with 658 viewsReslovenSwan1

The ospreys new ground? on 18:12 - May 28 by sons_of_omri

Well they took the cricket away (St Helens was synonymous with Glamorgan until the “test match vanity project” in Cardiff gained momentum). I’m disgusted by them and wouldn’t shed a tear if they went bust TBH

We need to look to the future not pine for the past. We Welsh appear to love what was unsustainable and reject a structure that should be able to compete.

Neath, Pontypool, Bridgend, Pontypridd could never have competed with the Irish and Scottish regions. Glamorgan could not have survived at St Helens. The anti reform mentality is for 'stone cold losers' where the only two options they offer are "going bust" or "going bust".

The thinking is so warped that an airport 30 mins from Cardiff and 45 mins from Swansea is trashed by the people it serves.

The Ospreys have given up on a good to go 20,000 seater stadium with hospitality capability. They now want something smaller with the rate payer picking up the tab. It should be a very impressive facility. Not necessary but impressive thanks to the Swansea ratepayers who do not seem to need the money for anything else.

SCFC will replace them with the women's team.

The ospreys new ground? on 20:05 - May 28 with 607 viewssons_of_omri

The ospreys new ground? on 18:33 - May 28 by ReslovenSwan1

We need to look to the future not pine for the past. We Welsh appear to love what was unsustainable and reject a structure that should be able to compete.

Neath, Pontypool, Bridgend, Pontypridd could never have competed with the Irish and Scottish regions. Glamorgan could not have survived at St Helens. The anti reform mentality is for 'stone cold losers' where the only two options they offer are "going bust" or "going bust".

The thinking is so warped that an airport 30 mins from Cardiff and 45 mins from Swansea is trashed by the people it serves.

The Ospreys have given up on a good to go 20,000 seater stadium with hospitality capability. They now want something smaller with the rate payer picking up the tab. It should be a very impressive facility. Not necessary but impressive thanks to the Swansea ratepayers who do not seem to need the money for anything else.

SCFC will replace them with the women's team.

The future ? Oh do go on and elaborate
The ospreys new ground? on 23:01 - May 28 with 528 viewsReslovenSwan1

The ospreys new ground? on 20:05 - May 28 by sons_of_omri

The future ? Oh do go on and elaborate

Three teams Swansea Cardiff and Newport. The Sgarlets can play out of Wrexham unless the local support it. The populations are similar.

The ospreys new ground? on 23:12 - May 28 with 518 viewssons_of_omri

The ospreys new ground? on 23:01 - May 28 by ReslovenSwan1

Three teams Swansea Cardiff and Newport. The Sgarlets can play out of Wrexham unless the local support it. The populations are similar.

The Turks going to home games in Wrexham? I don’t think they‘ll be up for that somehow
The ospreys new ground? on 23:13 - May 28 with 513 viewssons_of_omri

And the future of county cricket?
The ospreys new ground? on 06:37 - May 29 with 459 viewsWhiterockin

Why would the Scarlets play in Wrexham when they have their own ground and their attendances are higher than the Ospreys, who play some matches in London. Its the Ospreys who need to sort themselves out and those are the words of season ticket holding mates who are not renewing until they do.

The ospreys new ground? on 09:07 - May 29 with 401 viewsonehunglow

Keep rugby in Swansea
Huge tradition
Cricket gone now rugby ?

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

The ospreys new ground? on 10:19 - May 29 with 376 viewsWhiterockin

Population has no relevance in regards support in rugby. Average attendances for season 22/23, this season is still in progress. Cardiff 7,719, Scarlets 7,375, Ospreys 5,800 and Dragons 5,100. Your argument about the Llanelli population not being large enough to support a rugby team is blown out of the water. Again don't let your dislike of something or an area cloud your judgment, you do make yourself look very silly.

The ospreys new ground? on 11:02 - May 29 with 346 viewsYrAlarch

The ospreys new ground? on 10:19 - May 29 by Whiterockin

Population has no relevance in regards support in rugby. Average attendances for season 22/23, this season is still in progress. Cardiff 7,719, Scarlets 7,375, Ospreys 5,800 and Dragons 5,100. Your argument about the Llanelli population not being large enough to support a rugby team is blown out of the water. Again don't let your dislike of something or an area cloud your judgment, you do make yourself look very silly.

Pathetic attendance figures when the Press (WoL in particular) would have us believe that Rugby Union is our National sport.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024