| Trouble in Clapham 08:00 - Apr 3 with 6062 views | AnotherJohn | Worrying scenes of mass shop-lifting and civil disturbances in Clapham. It is hard to avoid the conclusion that there is a racial or ethnic dimension. |  | | |  |
| Trouble in Clapham on 10:39 - Apr 5 with 1403 views | max936 |
| Trouble in Clapham on 02:21 - Apr 5 by Robbie | As a worker in a supermarket chain , do you challenge these shopliflters and risk a spit in the face , syringe attack or a concealed Stanley knife attack on staff doing their job . Plod put shoplifting at the lower end of their get to incidents asap and it will continue . |
Just don't post nasty words on Tw@tter though, laughable in it. |  | |  |
| Trouble in Clapham on 11:02 - Apr 5 with 1381 views | Boundy |
| Trouble in Clapham on 13:03 - Apr 3 by Gwyn737 | No need to be gaslit. Just go there and not be taken in by those in the media who love to bash Britain. |
The ones' who "bash" Britain tend to be the leftie purple haired, gap toothed scrounger who are paid as agitators , the ones who are proud of their country and its achievements are deemed right wing ,I know what said of the fence I sit and no my hair of which I have little left is certainly not purple . I wonder who do you consider the more dangerous to society ? |  |
| "In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master." |
|  |
| Trouble in Clapham on 11:42 - Apr 5 with 1334 views | Gwyn737 |
| Trouble in Clapham on 11:02 - Apr 5 by Boundy | The ones' who "bash" Britain tend to be the leftie purple haired, gap toothed scrounger who are paid as agitators , the ones who are proud of their country and its achievements are deemed right wing ,I know what said of the fence I sit and no my hair of which I have little left is certainly not purple . I wonder who do you consider the more dangerous to society ? |
I see extremists on both sides as equally dangerous. I think the current incarnation of the Greens and Polanski are a real concern. As I do of Farage and Reform. Two side of an equally dangerous coin. I see no difference between a purple haired agitator and raise the colours racist. Same same. |  | |  |
| Trouble in Clapham on 12:48 - Apr 5 with 1308 views | majorraglan |
| Trouble in Clapham on 02:21 - Apr 5 by Robbie | As a worker in a supermarket chain , do you challenge these shopliflters and risk a spit in the face , syringe attack or a concealed Stanley knife attack on staff doing their job . Plod put shoplifting at the lower end of their get to incidents asap and it will continue . |
The epidemic of shoplifting has its origins in legislation passed by the David Cameron’s government back in 2015. Theresa May was Home Secretary when the Anti-social Behaviour, Crime and Policing Act 2014 came into full effect. The police response to shoplifting shifted significantly by 2017 to treat theft of goods under £200 as a "low-value" summary offence.” This and the austerity programme where police numbers were cut by over 20% had a massive impact on the police’s ability to do their job. I know someone who was a senior police officer and part of the Home Office Accelerated Promotion scheme ( which is where the training for future senior leaders is delivered - it is heavily influenced and shaped by government thinking generally those out of touch with what the every day citizen has to contend with) - he used to tell people he didn’t see why police should attend any shoplifting!!! How any politician or police officer can countenance such a position is mental. Theresa May’s Home Office was a responsible for a raft of poor legislation which had a massive adverse impacts on society. Party of law and order my @@@@! [Post edited 5 Apr 15:33]
|  | |  |
| Trouble in Clapham on 13:22 - Apr 5 with 1294 views | Boundy |
| Trouble in Clapham on 11:42 - Apr 5 by Gwyn737 | I see extremists on both sides as equally dangerous. I think the current incarnation of the Greens and Polanski are a real concern. As I do of Farage and Reform. Two side of an equally dangerous coin. I see no difference between a purple haired agitator and raise the colours racist. Same same. |
And therein lies the problem a label attached yet again to someone who belives in maintaining what little hold they have left on their countrys identiy and standing within the world . I consider myself leaning towards the right because of the way the direction this country is heading and if others chose to ignore then thats ok by me ,but as someone who studied history and social economics I truly belive that unless there is a managed and strong immigation policy (regardless which party adopts it but we know for certain it won't be labour) and unless we stop to taking a knee to the muslim faith and the insidiuos way their customs are tolerated then this country is doomed as a democracy, not in whats left of my lifetime but in my grandkids for certain. |  |
| "In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master." |
|  |
| Trouble in Clapham on 13:27 - Apr 5 with 1281 views | max936 |
| Trouble in Clapham on 11:02 - Apr 5 by Boundy | The ones' who "bash" Britain tend to be the leftie purple haired, gap toothed scrounger who are paid as agitators , the ones who are proud of their country and its achievements are deemed right wing ,I know what said of the fence I sit and no my hair of which I have little left is certainly not purple . I wonder who do you consider the more dangerous to society ? |
Sorry Boundy down arrowed by mistake. |  | |  |
| Trouble in Clapham on 13:52 - Apr 5 with 1237 views | onehunglow |
| Trouble in Clapham on 12:48 - Apr 5 by majorraglan | The epidemic of shoplifting has its origins in legislation passed by the David Cameron’s government back in 2015. Theresa May was Home Secretary when the Anti-social Behaviour, Crime and Policing Act 2014 came into full effect. The police response to shoplifting shifted significantly by 2017 to treat theft of goods under £200 as a "low-value" summary offence.” This and the austerity programme where police numbers were cut by over 20% had a massive impact on the police’s ability to do their job. I know someone who was a senior police officer and part of the Home Office Accelerated Promotion scheme ( which is where the training for future senior leaders is delivered - it is heavily influenced and shaped by government thinking generally those out of touch with what the every day citizen has to contend with) - he used to tell people he didn’t see why police should attend any shoplifting!!! How any politician or police officer can countenance such a position is mental. Theresa May’s Home Office was a responsible for a raft of poor legislation which had a massive adverse impacts on society. Party of law and order my @@@@! [Post edited 5 Apr 15:33]
|
Never were May the worst Hone Sec in my lifetime horrible bitchvtoo |  |
|  |
| Trouble in Clapham on 16:51 - Apr 5 with 1192 views | AnotherJohn | I was reminded of local problems with the social fabric when I went to the High Street car boot sale this morning. As I made my way towards the boot sale from the Lidl car park four black youths walking in front of me started kicking Lidl plastic plant trays down the alley between the store and the fire station, leaving a mess. A few minutes later I witnessed an ugly encounter between what I think were two eastern European shoppers and a pair of Middle Eastern sellers. One of the latter saw a shopper put something in his pocket and demanded that said person emptied the pocket. The latter's large friend then stepped forward and threatened and jostled the stall holder. To his credit, a black stall holder next door then stepped forward and interposed himself between the antagonists, breaking up a potential fight, but it was an ugly incident. Then later in my wandering through the boot sale, another Middle Eastern looking man roughly bumped me shoulder to shoulder to get by. Perhaps it was just a bad day at the office, but I couldn't help thinking that diversity was not working terribly well. [Post edited 5 Apr 16:57]
|  | |  | Login to get fewer ads
| Trouble in Clapham on 17:18 - Apr 5 with 1161 views | onehunglow |
| Trouble in Clapham on 16:51 - Apr 5 by AnotherJohn | I was reminded of local problems with the social fabric when I went to the High Street car boot sale this morning. As I made my way towards the boot sale from the Lidl car park four black youths walking in front of me started kicking Lidl plastic plant trays down the alley between the store and the fire station, leaving a mess. A few minutes later I witnessed an ugly encounter between what I think were two eastern European shoppers and a pair of Middle Eastern sellers. One of the latter saw a shopper put something in his pocket and demanded that said person emptied the pocket. The latter's large friend then stepped forward and threatened and jostled the stall holder. To his credit, a black stall holder next door then stepped forward and interposed himself between the antagonists, breaking up a potential fight, but it was an ugly incident. Then later in my wandering through the boot sale, another Middle Eastern looking man roughly bumped me shoulder to shoulder to get by. Perhaps it was just a bad day at the office, but I couldn't help thinking that diversity was not working terribly well. [Post edited 5 Apr 16:57]
|
When it all comes down , we prefer our own When we understand that , we can learn to accept others out of our racial / religious circle |  |
|  |
| Trouble in Clapham on 19:54 - Apr 5 with 1141 views | Boundy |
| Trouble in Clapham on 13:27 - Apr 5 by max936 | Sorry Boundy down arrowed by mistake. |
All good my friend |  |
| "In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master." |
|  |
| Trouble in Clapham on 21:20 - Apr 5 with 1109 views | howenjack | A shop worker in a Waitrose in Clapham has lost his job . He has worked there 17 years but has been sacked this weekend due to trying and succeeding in stopping a shoplifter filling a carrier bag with lindt chocolate bunnies . The shoplifter was involved in a tug of war with the staff member over the full bag before running off empty handed. Management sacked him for contravening protocols . Unbelievable but true . |  | |  |
| Trouble in Clapham on 21:23 - Apr 5 with 1107 views | union_jack |
| Trouble in Clapham on 21:20 - Apr 5 by howenjack | A shop worker in a Waitrose in Clapham has lost his job . He has worked there 17 years but has been sacked this weekend due to trying and succeeding in stopping a shoplifter filling a carrier bag with lindt chocolate bunnies . The shoplifter was involved in a tug of war with the staff member over the full bag before running off empty handed. Management sacked him for contravening protocols . Unbelievable but true . |
I read about this and I can only think we’ve not heard the whole story because if it is as written then I’ve lost all hope in this world. I do know that in frustration he threw one of the chocolate bars at the shoplifter as he was running away but that is not enough. |  |
|  |
| Trouble in Clapham on 22:12 - Apr 5 with 1088 views | Scotia |
| Trouble in Clapham on 21:23 - Apr 5 by union_jack | I read about this and I can only think we’ve not heard the whole story because if it is as written then I’ve lost all hope in this world. I do know that in frustration he threw one of the chocolate bars at the shoplifter as he was running away but that is not enough. |
That sounds standard in my, very limited, experience. I saw a shoplifter in Tesco Treboeth blatantly running out with a bag full of things in front of everyone. The worker was only allowed to tell them to stop but not touch them in anyway. This shoplifter was banned from the shop previously but the staff can't physically stop them entering, once they're in they take what they want and leg it. It happens several times a week.. I was told they sell it in the Penlan club. Shoplifting as a term probably doesn't do it justice, its organised theft. There is literally nothing that can be done at present. The last conservative government pretty much decriminalised shoplifting under the value of £200. And reduced the police officer numbers to mean nobody would turn up anyway. |  | |  |
| Trouble in Clapham on 22:15 - Apr 5 with 1085 views | Scotia |
| Trouble in Clapham on 17:18 - Apr 5 by onehunglow | When it all comes down , we prefer our own When we understand that , we can learn to accept others out of our racial / religious circle |
It's the second part people have difficulty with. |  | |  |
| Trouble in Clapham on 01:44 - Apr 6 with 1063 views | Robbie | Shoplifting is seriously out of control and Government waffle on how they are on top of the problem and acting on the issue is laughable . I see it first hand on a daily basis and yes do not challenge the thief or a screwdriver in your face threat . The Waitrose colleague trying to do the decent thing is sacked , answer in an appeals tribunal is we do not challenge thieves and you should have read the staff guidlines . So an open door policy for any baddie to walk into a Waitrose , strip the shelves and walk out with whatever they like without any arguement . That decision could come backfire on the Company upcoming with people skint and desperate . Maybe this guy highlighted the problem and got the boot for saying so , sad times . |  | |  |
| Trouble in Clapham on 09:03 - Apr 6 with 1020 views | Demitrius | They have stopped putting Spirits out on display in my local supermarket They are located near a fire exit and I have seen shoplifters force it open and leg it with a few bottles of £40-50 single malts It happens several times a week according to staff - it's not locals doing it, people travel in from other areas targeting local shops as they are seen as a soft touch. Quite surreal seeing people queing up to be brought a bottle of Gin from the stock room all because of a shoplifting epidemic. Myself? I'd bring back the public stocks and stick a few of them in there with a basket of rotten fruit and eggs to be chucked at them. Name and shame. |  |
| “Cunnilingus and Psychiatry brought us to this …” |
|  |
| Trouble in Clapham on 09:11 - Apr 6 with 1014 views | Boundy | IMO one of the saddest indictments of how low some in society will go , the Card shop in the Morfa shopping area has security tags on its "yankee candles" Steal if your family is starving but just because you want to mask the smell of unwashed armpits and ganja is pretty bad. |  |
| "In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master." |
|  |
| Trouble in Clapham on 09:15 - Apr 6 with 1004 views | onehunglow |
| Trouble in Clapham on 09:03 - Apr 6 by Demitrius | They have stopped putting Spirits out on display in my local supermarket They are located near a fire exit and I have seen shoplifters force it open and leg it with a few bottles of £40-50 single malts It happens several times a week according to staff - it's not locals doing it, people travel in from other areas targeting local shops as they are seen as a soft touch. Quite surreal seeing people queing up to be brought a bottle of Gin from the stock room all because of a shoplifting epidemic. Myself? I'd bring back the public stocks and stick a few of them in there with a basket of rotten fruit and eggs to be chucked at them. Name and shame. |
When a young Tesco manager , stock shrinkage was major factor of management I stopped countless shoplifters and had not a second thought Store detectives operated and detained outside the store in the street and dragged them back to the Office whereupon the Police were called and took them away I also searched staff regularly including females at the end of trading Basic management as stealing costs you your job I lost a store because of group collusion at the tills Fookong hate shop thieves |  |
|  |
| Trouble in Clapham on 10:26 - Apr 6 with 994 views | Demitrius |
| Trouble in Clapham on 13:52 - Apr 5 by onehunglow | Never were May the worst Hone Sec in my lifetime horrible bitchvtoo |
Well I can safely say that she likes a tipple and will be inconvenienced as the rest of us as she shops at the supermarket in question... Just the one Range Rover of taxpayer funded armed plain clothes police with her these days as a retired PM... She had two RRs when she was PM - they were about as inconspicuous as a giant cock and balls at a WI Jam making event - like Men in Black at the end of each aisle her and Philip were walking in pretending to blend in with other customers ...LOL! I often want to say "Mate we know you're Dibble stop pretending to browse the Paxo and just do your job" but I don't fancy getting a Heckler and Koch rammed up my nostril... I hope she has to wait in line with us lesser mortals for her politicial misjudgement... |  |
| “Cunnilingus and Psychiatry brought us to this …” |
|  |
| Trouble in Clapham on 12:33 - Apr 6 with 933 views | Dr_Winston |
| Trouble in Clapham on 09:03 - Apr 6 by Demitrius | They have stopped putting Spirits out on display in my local supermarket They are located near a fire exit and I have seen shoplifters force it open and leg it with a few bottles of £40-50 single malts It happens several times a week according to staff - it's not locals doing it, people travel in from other areas targeting local shops as they are seen as a soft touch. Quite surreal seeing people queing up to be brought a bottle of Gin from the stock room all because of a shoplifting epidemic. Myself? I'd bring back the public stocks and stick a few of them in there with a basket of rotten fruit and eggs to be chucked at them. Name and shame. |
The stocks require a sense of shame to be effective. I doubt most of the people involved possess that emotion. I'd install an anvil in every main shopping centre and smash the left/right (whichever is least dominant for the first offence) hand with a hammer of anyone caught shoplifing within a one mile radius on it. Second offence is both hands at the same time. If there's a third offence it might be time to get Islamic. |  |
| Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back. |
|  |
| Trouble in Clapham on 12:45 - Apr 6 with 934 views | union_jack |
| Trouble in Clapham on 12:33 - Apr 6 by Dr_Winston | The stocks require a sense of shame to be effective. I doubt most of the people involved possess that emotion. I'd install an anvil in every main shopping centre and smash the left/right (whichever is least dominant for the first offence) hand with a hammer of anyone caught shoplifing within a one mile radius on it. Second offence is both hands at the same time. If there's a third offence it might be time to get Islamic. |
More than that, they’d wear it as a badge of honour. All their mates would be there cheering him on while he grins like a demented moron. |  |
|  |
| Trouble in Clapham on 13:24 - Apr 6 with 913 views | onehunglow |
| Trouble in Clapham on 10:26 - Apr 6 by Demitrius | Well I can safely say that she likes a tipple and will be inconvenienced as the rest of us as she shops at the supermarket in question... Just the one Range Rover of taxpayer funded armed plain clothes police with her these days as a retired PM... She had two RRs when she was PM - they were about as inconspicuous as a giant cock and balls at a WI Jam making event - like Men in Black at the end of each aisle her and Philip were walking in pretending to blend in with other customers ...LOL! I often want to say "Mate we know you're Dibble stop pretending to browse the Paxo and just do your job" but I don't fancy getting a Heckler and Koch rammed up my nostril... I hope she has to wait in line with us lesser mortals for her politicial misjudgement... |
In fairness though , a full kit wearer and not from Ann Sumners but more like the Queens corsetiere Terrible posture though and needed something to stiffen her up |  |
|  |
| Trouble in Clapham on 02:07 - Apr 7 with 873 views | Robbie | As mentioned earlier Jack Daniels , Penderyn Whisky and Bolly Champagne now needs to brought to the customer on request and then handed over , how pathetic is that for that ordeal for the honest shopper not stealing . My Local rival Supermarket tags every single bottle of even the cheapest vino and plonk . As much as the Traders try to curtail shoplifters with hand tied behind their backs with fears of an assualt causing injury justice for thieves is such a low priority . Say the wrong thing or twist words on Social Media and GCHQ are on your case next day . |  | |  |
| Trouble in Clapham on 16:57 - Apr 7 with 769 views | Wingstandwood | Don't worry mun, the Green Party will be on the case! Perhaps the party can work alongside others that want to "defund the police" and with those that think border control is racist and think deportation of criminals is unjust and cruel. The way society/politics/universities/civil service etc has been infested with absolute crackpots whom seem to want to destroy the U.K is off-the-scale surreal! https://www.dailymail.co.uk/ne |  |
|  |
| Trouble in Clapham on 17:51 - Apr 7 with 737 views | onehunglow |
| Trouble in Clapham on 16:57 - Apr 7 by Wingstandwood | Don't worry mun, the Green Party will be on the case! Perhaps the party can work alongside others that want to "defund the police" and with those that think border control is racist and think deportation of criminals is unjust and cruel. The way society/politics/universities/civil service etc has been infested with absolute crackpots whom seem to want to destroy the U.K is off-the-scale surreal! https://www.dailymail.co.uk/ne |
Free weed and parties Yeah and binary barbeques |  |
|  |
| |