Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Site Issues 23:27 - Aug 7 with 37372 viewsPhil_S

Replacing the questions issue with this one. Have been away for a few days so could do with a summary of what issues people are still having with the site and I'll get back on what I can get changed.

Please try not to repeat issues already reported in the thread.
Site Issues on 10:27 - Aug 11 with 4610 viewsLord_Bony

PLEASE...AVATARS TO THE TOP LEFT.

It s nice to see who replied or who you are reading from first.

And don t fade them,let them be natural as before.

It adds much more character to the forum and it does nt feel so clinical and formal.

We need to keep this a friendly,warm,welcoming looking site,not something from an academic university full of geeks.

Also make the text boxes bigger and the text a little bit bigger and bolder.
[Post edited 11 Aug 2013 10:32]

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Site Issues on 10:47 - Aug 11 with 4583 viewsbluenile

Test of image upload (thanks Darren if it works lol)

http://postimg.org/image/uewhhyump/

Open the ipod bay doors Hal

Site Issues on 10:53 - Aug 11 with 4576 viewsSpratty

Site Issues on 10:27 - Aug 11 by Lord_Bony

PLEASE...AVATARS TO THE TOP LEFT.

It s nice to see who replied or who you are reading from first.

And don t fade them,let them be natural as before.

It adds much more character to the forum and it does nt feel so clinical and formal.

We need to keep this a friendly,warm,welcoming looking site,not something from an academic university full of geeks.

Also make the text boxes bigger and the text a little bit bigger and bolder.
[Post edited 11 Aug 2013 10:32]

Agree again good standard design for forums. Also gives white space to the left rather than lines of plain text hard against a thick and very black line itself hard up against the left of the page (no margin). This has already been repeatedly raised following response from support.

Q13) Avatars/Names would be better placed on the left-hand side of post.
A) I think this is something you get used to. In my opinion, the post itself is the key thing and secondary is who wrote it. I do think you'll get used to it. Maybe it's something I can make optional. I'm quite keen for you to be able to customise the board the way you like it.

WHAT IS IMPORTANT IS THE OPINION OF PEOPLE USING THE SITE ESPECIALLY WHEN THEY HAVE GIVEN IT A FAIR GO IN ITS CURRENT FORM AND WHAT THEY ARE ASKING FOR IS SEEN AS STANDARD GOOD DESIGN AND INTUITIVE USAGE. ANYONE CAN GET USED TO ANYTHING THAT IS NOT A COMPELLING ARGUMENT FOR ITS EFFECTIVENESS.
Site Issues on 13:35 - Aug 11 with 4549 viewsItchySphincter

Yes, there are very often conversations and threads within threads. You can ignore a lot of posts and speed read to find a response or post you are looking for if the avs are in the correct place. It is not up to the designer to tell us how we should use a message board.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Site Issues on 14:08 - Aug 11 with 4543 viewscentrestandswan

Logging in is a nightmare have to try at least three or four times and then have to reset my password, tried so many passwords haven't a clue now which one to use.

Poll: Will we be relegated ?

Site Issues on 10:43 - Aug 12 with 4479 viewsnickyfran75

First use of the site and on first glance its very anti user friendly.

Gutted.
Site Issues on 18:05 - Aug 12 with 4432 viewsCheshireSwan

Have to agree with the many points raised here so won't repeat them but one thing I haven't seen mentioned is the advert to the right of the screen.

Even with adblock installed it's still there showing 'On this day' and 'Swansea City Tweets' it's a complete pain in the backside. It makes viewing the site almost impossible on a mobile without having to zoom in every time you visit a different page. Removing it or placing it at the header or footer of the page would improve the forum layout straight away and would be a doddle to sort out.

Any ideas when the changes will kick in? The site seems very quiet compared to what it used to be like. It's very user 'un' friendly at the moment.
Site Issues on 20:55 - Aug 12 with 4393 viewsIce_Tea

Site Issues on 10:52 - Aug 10 by Darran

What the f*ck is your problem?

What has it got to do with you?

Typical keyboard warrior, hurling abuse from the safety of his bedroom. Do you speak to people like that face to face? If this board was moderated properly, abusive posts like yours would be deleted, but you're one of the untouchables. If only all members of this forum were treated equally eh?.

Grow up, and get a life you sad little man.
Login to get fewer ads

Site Issues on 21:10 - Aug 12 with 4378 viewsDarran

Site Issues on 20:55 - Aug 12 by Ice_Tea

What has it got to do with you?

Typical keyboard warrior, hurling abuse from the safety of his bedroom. Do you speak to people like that face to face? If this board was moderated properly, abusive posts like yours would be deleted, but you're one of the untouchables. If only all members of this forum were treated equally eh?.

Grow up, and get a life you sad little man.

Seriously who the hell do you think you are asking the site owner if he's made any money?
Site issues this is not personal issues.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Site Issues on 20:05 - Aug 13 with 4306 viewsPureRockFury

I know I'm repeating an issue here, but it can't be said enough. The ability to selectively highlight text in a quotation, or even in your own post, via basic formatting (italics, bold etc) is, in my mind, absolutely fundamental to what is still, despite all the images/video/smilies, a text-based format. To not have any kind of formatting for the text is prehistoric.

I note the Support guy responded by saying he didn't like the idea of bright colours all over the place, well, how about just giving us the option to bold text and use underlining and itallics? Hardly going to turn the site into an explosion at a skittles factory, but would at least give us some kind of C21st functionality to be getting on with.

Even the bad times were good.

Site Issues on 20:52 - Aug 13 with 4296 viewsperchrockjack

In all fairness PROSS takes a fair bity of stick on here.
He s created an internet monster within himself as I did with scousejack which I regret to this very day

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Site Issues on 21:44 - Aug 13 with 4279 viewsIce_Tea

Site Issues on 21:10 - Aug 12 by Darran

Seriously who the hell do you think you are asking the site owner if he's made any money?
Site issues this is not personal issues.

I never asked him if he's made any money, I suggested the move was done for monitory gain, because the present forum is not a patch on the old one and I still don't know why the change.

Anyhow, if Phil had asked me "what the f*ck has it got to do with you", he would be entitled to an answer. As it happens, he replied to my post and shot down my cynicism. He really does not need anyone to act as a message board minder.

Calm down mun Daz, and stop acting like a tit.
Site Issues on 07:22 - Aug 14 with 4257 viewsPhil_S

Many of the issues reported in here are being worked on this week - I'll get a more detailed response up here as soon as I get chance

Your own posts can be viewed at this link

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/forum/category:z-my-posts

This post has been edited by an administrator
Site Issues on 07:38 - Aug 14 with 4249 viewsPhil_S

View Active Topics

I never used this on the old forum. What exactly was listed under this section? Was it all topics posted to since your last visit? Topics with more than x number of replies? Topics posted to in the last 24 hours?

I'm taking an assumption that it is possible (based on Supports response in this thread) but they need to know exactly what was listed here.

Also currently working on (as we speak)

* How much system resource is needed to keep a 'marker' on where you last read a post so you can pick up where you left off. Does this need to be forever or just for a time period (say 72 hours?)
* Making quoted posts editable. Ability to add in bold, italics, colours
* support are keen on the ability for you to change your own layout (see original reply again) so avatars on left instead of right is a possibility as is your current ones to widen the forum etc
* Indicator to show you have contributed to thread. As mentioned in first reply this is something that can be done
* Stop forum going back to forum index after posting etc.
* search function to return search results!

In terms of the response from Support at the front end of this post "Blimey, that's taken ages to reply to. Please bear with us and I'll look at making this forum the best I can for you. I've had some system-wide bugs to deal with first, but then I'll work through the points here and make it a place you enjoy coming to" they are being worked on and tested before going live (as it should be)

The only thing I dont think will change will be multi quotes in a post. We restricted this on the old forum to 5 and even then it got ugly to read at times especially if it was long posts being multi quoted. To me this is further down the list and less requested?

Hopefully this gives some reassurances that these things are being worked on, your comments are definitely heard
Site Issues on 08:40 - Aug 14 with 4229 viewsSwansNZ

Sounds good Phil.

I can't recall who initially requested the "View Active Topics", this is something I've never used before.

Regarding...
"How much system resource is needed to keep a 'marker' on where you last read a post so you can pick up where you left off. Does this need to be forever or just for a time period (say 72 hours?)"

It would be better if it retained it forever, but personally, I feel 72 hours would be sufficient - that would help in the vast majority of threads.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Site Issues on 12:14 - Aug 14 with 4208 viewsIce_Tea

I haven't been taken over by aliens, but I do have something positive to post about this message board. When I click on a link it opens in a new window.
Site Issues on 17:57 - Aug 14 with 4179 viewsAdmire

I am constantly being sent back to the front page when i search for something on the forums or when i sometimes change pages...honestly tothe point where i use the forums rarely now
[Post edited 14 Aug 2013 17:58]
Site Issues on 00:29 - Aug 15 with 4147 viewsBLAZE

View New Posts and View Your Posts were more useful than View Active Topics

View New Posts - You could see every single post across all sections of the forum on one single page, listed in descending order based on the time of each threads last reply. Saves jumping from EE to JNF to Football Only and back again etc., instead the whole forum is in one place with the latest replies on the top of the list

View Your Posts - a list of all threads that you've contributed too across all sections of the forum shown on one page, again listed in descending order based on the time in which each thread had its last reply. Handy for keeping track on threads you've commented on and looking out for replies. I know you can see a list of your forum contributions under your user profile or something but its a pain to get too. A direct link should be available on every page IMO and set out as explained above rather than the current format (which offers no indication as to whether the thread has received any new comments since you last viewed it)

These two functions definitely made the old forum more user friendly
[Post edited 15 Aug 2013 0:35]
Site Issues on 00:38 - Aug 15 with 4139 viewsBLAZE

And after you post or edit a post, you should be taken back to that post or at the very least back to the page in which the post is on.

At the minute I'm taken back to the first page of the thread after editing, or back to the forum index page after posting
[Post edited 15 Aug 2013 0:40]
Site Issues on 18:54 - Aug 16 with 4029 viewsPhil_S

Some good news on the horizon - many of the features requested are currently in testing and will go live on the site shortly.

watch this space.

Message timed at 18.54

Site Issues on 19:01 - Aug 16 with 4024 viewsSpratty

Site Issues on 18:54 - Aug 16 by Phil_S

Some good news on the horizon - many of the features requested are currently in testing and will go live on the site shortly.

watch this space.

Message timed at 18.54

That's great.

Will it be possible to post here what changes have gone in when they do so we can check them out?
Site Issues on 19:06 - Aug 16 with 4022 viewsPhil_S

Site Issues on 19:01 - Aug 16 by Spratty

That's great.

Will it be possible to post here what changes have gone in when they do so we can check them out?

Yes. When they go live I'll replace this thread with an updates thread

As stated all changes are in testing at the moment to make sure they work functionally
Site Issues on 19:14 - Aug 16 with 4019 viewsSpratty

Site Issues on 19:06 - Aug 16 by Phil_S

Yes. When they go live I'll replace this thread with an updates thread

As stated all changes are in testing at the moment to make sure they work functionally

Thanks we will still need a thread to post any outstanding issues / Problems with changes

Think one of the other things is the layout etc. that I wrote a detailed post on previously. Lots of others have commented on this.
Site Issues on 19:18 - Aug 16 with 4018 viewsexiledclaseboy

When will the old forum be available to access?

Poll: Tory leader

Site Issues on 19:41 - Aug 16 with 4003 viewsPhil_S

Site Issues on 19:18 - Aug 16 by exiledclaseboy

When will the old forum be available to access?

Database has been restored just finding a suitable host for it now
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024